[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Enlightment and compassion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: 1497303726074.png (922KB, 564x636px) Image search: [Google]
1497303726074.png
922KB, 564x636px
Hi /x/ today i'm looking for some advice.

In the past year i found myself in the path of Enlightment, i'm not pursuing it actively or forcing it but a question in the past months popped into my mind: Is compassion necessary for elightment?

I ask this because i've been struggling with this concept, i hate humanity.
And i'm aware i sound like a 14 years old but i can't help it and i'm quite sure many other people feel the same.
The thing is i don't hate humans for killing eachother, but fortrivial things like being dumn, being unable to understand simple concepts, being unable to comunicate, being unable to listen, being stupid to a point where for me it's ridicolous.
Sometimes i find people who stand out of the pack and are considered smart or brilliant by the other people and i always find myself let down when i discover how dumb they are and how dumber are the ones that regard them like that.

This is probably just a useless rant but i felt like i needed to post it here, also english is not my native language so hope this post will be comprehensible.
>>
>is compassion necessary for elightment?
Yes,every virtue is necessary to enlightment.
>>
>>19434648

Could you give a reason for it to be needed?
I've found many people saying it is necessary but none giving a reason.
>>
>>19434639
You don't hate humanity, you hate yourself.
Once you have forgiven yourself for all that's wrong with you, you'll be able to forgive humanity for all theirs.
>>
>>19434714
Oh God no, please, not this kind of cheap psychology.
>>
>>19434676
Because without virtue,you're only valuing the material,basically,you're ignorant.You can only be enlightened when you stop carin about the material.
>>
>>19434724
Nothing I can say is going to make you change your perspective. So how about just looking back on this in 2, 3 years and seeing then if you still think I'm wrong.
>>
>>19434724
Its true. I was where you are and I began to feel a sadness because i realized that all Humans have such amazing potential we are each masterpieces of biology with the power of gods within our minds but people early in life set themselves up in situations or lifestyles it isnt easy to come back from before they even learn of enlightenment. Not to mention abuses kr tramuas leading to lifelong insecurities and fears that hold you back even further.

When i was 13 I was on a 2 week Field Trip and went to the hotel gym. My classmates called me muffin top and locked me out of the gym.

Ive never even been that fat but ive had an intense self hatred over my weight since that event that I would definetely project at times.

Just be physically and nutrionally healthy, be kind and loving to your fellow man, and find a type of knowledge that interests you and grow your mind with it
>>
File: night.jpg (49KB, 371x600px) Image search: [Google]
night.jpg
49KB, 371x600px
>>19434639
Caring about others is not necessary, as enlightenment is solely a personal development of the soul into its highest form.
Many enlightened beings, however, do come back and spread their enlightenment to others.
Realize you were as ignorant and blind as most of them until your recent awakening, even now you are more alike than you know.
Your judgements are projections of the ego onto the environment, which on sullies your own experience and drives them to your level of understanding.
The outside world is directly correlational with the inside world. Gain compassion, for yourself and your interactions with others, and you will have everything to gain and only the egoic thoughts to lose
>>
>>19434639
your soul will be able to reach 5th density vibration on fear alone but you will not be able to reach 6th without embracing unconditional love

the easiest way to reach a state of unconditional compassion is to follow the teachings of christ, realise that when you love all you essentially love yourself. you are god and you have fragmented your consciousness into an infinite assortment of individual souls.

you can however ignore the holy trinity of truth=love=joy that comes from this realisation and instead indulge in your own individuality, just be aware that if you choose the path of fear that you will have to incarnate into horrible entities such as reptilians or frogmen
>>
>>19434639

Yes, but likely not what you consider 'compassion'. True compassion is allowing thing to run their courses without interference, so that people grow and learn the lessons they are meant to from the interactions that occur in life, both positive and negative. Wade the river without disrupting the flow.
>>
your posts are very inspiring and i'm thankful.
>>
>>19434648
What can a meaning outside of my condition mean to me?
>>
File: 1502556024497.gif (488KB, 399x489px) Image search: [Google]
1502556024497.gif
488KB, 399x489px
>>19434639
If everyone got triggered at everything. Anything. No one would speak. Out of fear that someone would never forgive what they said.
Empathy/Sympathy are needed too.
Showing understanding that we're not all right all the time and being able to help people/humans with acts of compassion. Helps

Notice the word 'Act'
Acting like it and meaning it are what you're after. To put a mask on and say those things. People can see through you.
So can Aliens.
>>
>>19434639
You just have autism. Go get some empathy training. You'll feel better.
>>
File: buddha-face.jpg (323KB, 1919x1440px) Image search: [Google]
buddha-face.jpg
323KB, 1919x1440px
I don't think compassion is not necessary for enlightenment. But I think it's certainly an aspect of it.
>>
>>19435143
>I don't think compassion is not necessary for enlightenment.
Sorry, I'm an idiot. I mean that I don't think compassion is necessary. Per se.
>>
>>19434639
Compassion is one of many beneficial human elements, and if you were to cast off this specific human element you would not be benefiting yourself. Without compassion you'll be finding that your allies and your friends are all people who have no compassion for you, and by having no compassion they will surely be willing to turn against you or will not pick you up in times of need.

You'll find yourself in the life of necessity rather than in the life of acquisition.
>>
File: 1497067756288.jpg (8KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1497067756288.jpg
8KB, 184x184px
>>19434743

You put no intent in what you said and that for sure is not gonna change my point of view, i'm here asking for advice so i'm listening to what anyone has to say.

>>19434758

i've been very hasty while writing my first post, let's say i've always been quite advanced for my age even when i was very young and just some years ago i started thinking that that was probably related to enlightment. [a thing that i didn't know existed when i was younger]
this to say i think i understand what you are saying but for now at least i don't think everything is a projection of my ego.

>>19435109

I was waiting for this kek

>>19435147

During my journey i noticed how i could increasingly understand people in many aspects, what they thought and why they were thinking that way and i became everytime more understanding and stopped judging them.

Reading your posts guys made me realise something, i'm just looking for someone i could talk at the same level and instead i find people around me that are unable to understand what i'm saying emotionally and conceptually.
My hatred is probably fueled by the lack of comunication i'm desperately looking for.
>>
>>19435587
Facebook is Nolan Byrrd.

Taking new students. Nothing brash. Large plans. A backdoor in case you want to go back to regular life.

Basically the only thing not offered by most mentors.

(Other mentors- please contact me! Encryption encouraged, coded junk mail too derby to focus on- I'm on a clean record)
>>
>>19435587
Man normally I wouldn't post but seriously, it can be maddening when you don't have anyone truly intelligent or with a spark to talk to. When you're ready fate would have it that you'll cross paths with people who not only will satisfy your need for understanding and communication but they will help you on the path to enlightenment. I feel as though this could be an example of that. Sorry if my post doesn't make much sense, I'm Australian so my english is pretty cooked c: If you have any other questions regarding enlightenment some of us would love to hear them and although my humble opinions probably don't count for much surprisingly there are, at times, some quite advanced humans on this board. Where abouts are you from btw, your english is heaps good!
>>
File: Spider_1.png (865KB, 845x829px) Image search: [Google]
Spider_1.png
865KB, 845x829px
>>19435663

Lol i decided to check you out on facebook and the result is a guy cosplayed as a Bioshock splicer, not sure that is the kind of mentor i would like.

pic related.
>>
>>19435766
Oh also, define your concept of enlightenment. Compassion probably is't strictly neccesary but it is a huge part of realising the true nature of this reality and operating as a higher conciousness within it, I'm sure you'll figure that out properly sooner or later anyway though lmao especially seeing as you're asking the question in the first place...
>>
>>19434639
You are too busy focusing on the bad things in those people.

Take a hint from Gandalf. It's the little things that count. Listen to their simple dreams. Hear out their stories.
>I stopped by a church one night to pray.
>Saw a guy doing some kind of hard drug.
>Tell him I had seen a few UFO's around the Dipper moving in formation
>Strike up a conversation
>End up getting his life story
>His Dockworker brother
>Can't remember about his parents
>Was a good story though, explained where he ended up

Compassion comes after understanding. It's why Jesus said to love your Enemies, not so you let them do as they wish. So you can find a reason for what they are doing. It's why the Faith tries to get you to help the poor IN PERSON. So you can meet and hear from them.
>>
File: ita.jpg (152KB, 1024x719px) Image search: [Google]
ita.jpg
152KB, 1024x719px
>>19435766

Than maybe i'm not ready, i'll wait patiently then, there is probably losson to be learned.

I think you are right tho, maybe that is the reason i for once felt like i needed to post here on /x/.

I'm italian btw.
>>
>>19435787

You know.. now that i think about it i've never asked myself what i mean with enlightment.
I probably thought i was going somewhere when i noticed my way of thinking, feeling and living changed in the course of my life.

I actually don't really know what that is, maybe i'll find out or maybe someone will tell me and one day i will understand it and then i will live it.
>>
>>19435836
How old are you
>>
>>19435859

>>
>>19434639
Compassion doesn't mean the absence of hatred, it means choosing to be kind regardless of what you, personally, would want to have happen to someone. You might hate someone enough to slash their tires, and if you don't, that is compassion. You might hate someone enough to break their windows, and if you don't, that is compassion. You might hate someone enough to steal their stapler and never give it back.

Enlightenment doesn't require compassion though. The only thing necessary for enlightenment is not hiding the reason you have those feelings from yourself. When your hate is lucid and you act on it only when you intend to, that is enlightened hatred. Generally you're not going to be smart when you're acting on hatred but there's really nothing stopping you from enacting your will with full purity aside from your own awareness of your habits.
>>
>>19435813
That picture is fucking hilarious dude.

Be really careful to quarantine the ideas you get from this thread and mull them over btw. There are a lot of people who think they know whatsup but really need to chill the fuck out and their illness can vleed over if you swallow what they have to say.

I too went through a phase similar to what you described. You seem like a very clear and concise logical person, which is good, but surely you must understand that intelligence is not everything.

It took me years hating everyone for being blind and seemingly unaware of reality. But eventually you will realise: that is the life that is meant for them and compassion will help you be at peace with human nature as such. Compassion can even be a tool to bring your fellow humans out of their slumber even if for a brief moment. Compassion isn't strictly neccesary for enlightenment but it is a tool you can use to effect the world in and around you in a positive manner. Hope this helps man
>>
>>19435836
Most people see enlightenment as some sudden change in their state of being, but in reality enlightenment is a spectrum of concepts and it differs for everybody. I reckon there are tiers and seperate paths to enlightenment tnougn... like attaining buddhahood is quite different to kundalini experiences and the cessation of suffering is different again. A lot of people would argue that but its just food for thought more than anything solid if you get me.

However, enlightenment is within you. All of this is nappening within you and if you look within you can find the enlightenment you seek. Though this is one of the hardest tasks known to man so you beetter fucking be pretty serious because this is real shit dude.
>>
Nah, you don't need to be compassionate to become enlightenment. That's putting the cart before the horse. Enlightenment is about rediscovering true compassion. Before that, how can you expect to know what compassion is? And as you say so clearly, you don't fully grasp it yet, and that's okay.

The myth that enlightenment requires a person to be pure or perfect isn't true. You can't pretend to be something you're not. You can't act out compassion or non-attachment before you understand the place where they come from. You don't just want to follow the Buddha's actions. You want to realize what the Buddha realized that made him the compassionate being that he was.

It's okay to be human and have human feelings. It's not a barrier to enlightenment at all. In fact, when you stop resisting your feelings, then you can go into them deeply and inquire into their nature. From there, you begin to transmute your own darkness into light. You start enlightening yourself. But not before, not prior.

The sincerity in your question is good. Keep inquiring. The concept of enlightenment is about realizing your nature, so just keep going. There are no prerequisites to knowing who you are.
>>
>>19435996
9/10
>>
>>19435773
You don't go around calling yourself Melzhburg Garclach and making a Facebook for this stuff if you want to bring enlightenment, you do that if you want to start a cult.

That being said, I'm not the type to delude people into thinking that by reaching enlightenment they are somehow no longer human.

That being said, bioshock was a fun game and I'd cosplay it any day.
>>
>>19435996
Very much this. Compassion is not a requisite for enlightenment - it is a result.
>>
>>19434724
Not him but it's true. At some point you'll have to understand that we're all the same species, your dumb shit in the OP seems to me like the dumb shit you hear from others and think you're better than them.

Just stop being an edgy kid and accept that these are the limitations of the human brain and doing stupid shit from time to time is part of the process. Don't pretend you're flawless because it's obvious you're not just by reading the OP.
>>
I hate humans for raping, killing, and scamming each other!
>>
>>19435663
Creep alert
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.