[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

False Mandela Syndrome

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 26

File: fms.jpg (125KB, 635x423px) Image search: [Google]
fms.jpg
125KB, 635x423px
Is this a real Effect? How pravelent is it? Is it paranormal?
>>
It is just people with bad memory, some of the "examples" are just brands changing their logos.
>>
>>19431409

There is precedent for it, such as the infamous pre internet 'Brotherhood of Sleep' message. People who prior to around October 1987 slept within the old church at 120 Judge John Aiso St, in LA (look it up on Google map) would start experiencing the dream in longer and longer intervals. In October of that year, a Professor from SCU Howard Birack, and his graduate students were able, through a one time repeated incident, able to capture what they believed were transmission of a tachyon medium. Although after an undisclosed tragedy that took place during their field lab, they never resumed their experiments at the location, and no one since then as had the 'dream' at the location. Although altered versions of the dream happening to others, seeming randomly about the world, have been reported. It can not be denied how brilliant that Professor Birack and his students were, as they were able to capture the message, and within find and encoded analog video signal, which they were able to record and is shared below. Although the videos title is rather peculiar given the lack of facts surrounding the incident.

https://youtu.be/OGsv0pJemTY
>>
File: false-mandela1.jpg (50KB, 567x374px)
false-mandela1.jpg
50KB, 567x374px
>>19431500
Wow. For a moment their after reading that I experienced an FMS flare-up that caused me to think you're post made sense or was at all ralevent. I've since recovered.
>>
1. The Obvious: Bad Memory
2. Actual Effects
3. Alternate timeline Dimension travelers

All of these exist.
>>
>>19431409

It was just Atlantis sinking below the waves. We're unlikely to get anything on the scale recently experienced for a while, so there's not much point in worrying about it.
>>
>>19431409
The song of Queen used to end like this:
"We are the champions... of the woooooorld!!!"
And now in the official video it ends in "We are champions". I'm sure as fuck that i have a good memory of that song.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY
Also Pikachu had the tip of the tail brown
>>
>>19431409
It's very fake. People are just stupid as shit and will believe anything other than the fact that they are just stupid as fucking shit.
>>
File: 1501624981340.jpg (32KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1501624981340.jpg
32KB, 499x499px
>>19432208
>>
>>19431500
And what the actual fuck does this have to do with anything relating to the Mandela effect? Please explain yourself damn it.
>>
>>19432196
>>19431486
Regarding Pikachu, you think that because Raichu's tail is black and because his ears have black, he has always been like that.
>>
File: pikachu.png (190KB, 539x487px) Image search: [Google]
pikachu.png
190KB, 539x487px
>>19432196
>>19432301
Honestly this is one of the dumber alleged mandela effects. All you have to do is a quick google search to see that Pikachu has always looked exactly the same. Pic related.
>>
>>19431409
Its really more theoretically paranormal than actually paranormal. Mandela Syndrome can be accounted to many things, like the Bearstain Bears thing being accounted to that the name sounds more like stein than stain and we usually hear it before we learn to read it (so it gets internalized). With stuff like the Mandela death thing it can usually be attributed to misinformation being spread, sort of like the phone game--people severely underestimate how easy it is to receive misinformation even in the modern day, much less sixty years ago where all you had to rely on was what the radio said and what you're neighbor told you.

The paranormal aspect is SUPPOSEDLY that these incidents are caused by shifting through universes that are only influenced by the mildest of differences, like shifting from a universe from which Nelson Mandela died to one where he didn't. There's no real proof, its just sort of an explanation from the paranormal community. Its more likely a psychological effect than an actual paranormal one.
>>
>>19432196
Okay wtf, this Queen instance is weird as fuck... that ending doesn't sound right at all, I clearly remember the same as you.

I have a shit memory at times, but not this shit.
>>
>>19432400
Because when they sang it life the public always yelled the last "of the world", mostly because it is in the chorus.
>>
>>19432196
I draw the fucking line at the monopoly man not having a monocle.

Yes he fucking did.
>>
>>19432301
>>19432361
Didn't it actually just have to do with the Gender of the Pikachu?
>>
>>19431409
read 1984, then you'll understand the (((Mandela Effect)))
>>
>>19432215
>>19431574
So basically you don't read post and just pretend it's irrelevant so nobody else will read it?
>>
>>19433666
The devil has spoken. BTW what if I remmeber half of things from Mandela effect, but I don't remember the other half.
>>
File: false-mandela2.jpg (284KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
false-mandela2.jpg
284KB, 750x500px
>>19433702
Basically, yeah. Another tactic I use is the posting of a False Mandela along with the text. It doesn't even matter if it's a quality FM or not, just including an image of any kind can make the post more eye-catching. For instance, this is how I am able to prevant others form reading you're post even though yours is earlier in the thread than my rebuttal.
>>
>>19431409
is it real? sometimes. how prevalent ? well a number of things were changed but most of the time there wasnt a significant change in the end result even if the end result was drastically different some how it isnt reflected in history books most of the time

hitler.... wasnt the original guy credited with the holocaust. forgot his name. names arent my strong suit. but some one decided he was a bad man and the world needed fewer bad men so he was killed in child hood. then whats his name took that guys place and it still happened. then they kill him and hitler pops up and no holocaust happens but its still in the textbooks. every one pretended it happened and people in the future thought it happened so they gave up on that one. apparantly in this time line its a lie thats made up by the europeans that despite alleged atrocities the germans hold dear because its their 1 claim to fame

they got a few factions with a grandfather paradox proof system which partially involves people spread across time. which means they are in space not on earth at different points in time because the earth rotates and orbits the sun and the solar system moves through the galaxy and galaxy through the universe. its not like back to the future where you leave and end up on earth. thats to damn dangerous even if you were only going a short time back or forward. end up inside the planet or perforate you quantum form with atoms and molecules because of the atmosphere
>>
File: bill-nye_234.png (89KB, 234x267px) Image search: [Google]
bill-nye_234.png
89KB, 234x267px
>>19433739
>the earth rotates and orbits the sun and the solar system moves through the galaxy
NASA shill detected
>>
>>19431500
Nigga thats the plot to prince of darkness
>>
You can mutate the memes all you like, but it will remain true that everyone already believes in false memories and that doesn't impress anyone.
>>
I'm skeptic as fuck and only lurk /x/ when bored, but the recent Apollo 13 have/had flip-flop has left me dumbfounded.
>>
>>19432196
The Queen one is "of the world". I saw it live and I sure as he'll would NEVER forget that.
>>
>>19432781
Freddie did say of the world. No chorus.

>>19434500
Which?
>>
>>19432196
there's a radio edit which ends with "of the world"
Nothing spoopy about this
>>
>>19432196
Also, the movie Chicken Little, when he is singing "We Are The Champios" he sings the "Of the world!" part at the end of the song.
>>
>>19431409
its actually a meme spread by white supremacists. theyre in denial of mendelas presidency
>>
File: 08-12-07.39.50.jpg (20KB, 327x327px) Image search: [Google]
08-12-07.39.50.jpg
20KB, 327x327px
>>19431409
I have a personal theory that the Mandela Effect is a brain anomaly similar to Déjà vu
>>
>>19434784
It's faulty memory for at least some of the things, like misquoted movie lines. Somebody messes up the line and says it wrong, then somebody gets it from that, it's used as a reference or parody in the wrong form, and it just keeps spreading. Like how Holmes didn't say "Elementary, my dear Watson" in the books, but he did call things elementary and call Watson "my dear Watson" and the altered line eventually made it into some movies. Also, that underwear looks uncomfortable.
>>
File: googleearth.png (1MB, 1010x740px) Image search: [Google]
googleearth.png
1MB, 1010x740px
Does anyone else not remember this large Island under South Korea? Apparently it's been there since forever and I'm a little fucking spooked because I don't have even a little memory of it. Then again I don't research the Korean area that much.
>>
File: mandela-movie.jpg (977KB, 797x1181px) Image search: [Google]
mandela-movie.jpg
977KB, 797x1181px
>>19434061
>You can mutate the memes all you like
Careful wat you wish for anon. Hybrid and GMO memes have escaped the lab in the past, with catastrophic effects on the ecosystems they've impacted. You might be surprised and terrified to learn how close the Bogdanoff Effect is to manifestation in physical reality. When that happens, we're all done for.
>>
>>19435309
no
>>
>>19434807
Don't forget different languages.
Books,Movies... are translated in 20+ languages and therefore the meaning of sentences often change a little bit.
>>
>>19431409
In some people's universe it's Sally Fields.
In mine it's always been Sally Field who was a teenage star that had her comeback as an adult playing the role of a telepathic housewife.
>>
>>19431409
Mandela Effect is more than just people having false memories. It's thousands of people having the same false memories, many of which are a little too elaborate.

For example I remember a cornucopia in the "Fruit of the Looms" logo.

I remember "Froot Loops" being called "Fruit Loops" (and I even remember what the original logo looked like)

I remember the Jaws scene in Moonraker where the girl he falls in love with has braces. Me and my entire family watched that on tv and we were all laughing in hysterics about it. It was pure gold.

Now she doesn't have braces...
>>
This shit is fucking retarded, at least according to this Wikipedia article. People thought Mandela died because he wasn't relevant for years and people don't actually know history. I fucking hate how people are amazed by shit like Berenstain being auto-corrected in our memories to Berenstein because -stein makes more sense. Or some bullshit I heard about people thinking Sinbad was in a genie movie because people have vague memories about Simbad. People are so fucking stupid.
>>
>>19436246

Basically its an excuse for a lack of understanding of history and past as well as shitty memory.
>>
File: IMG_20170810_201507.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170810_201507.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
Anyone remember this as zatarans? Not zatarains?
>>
>>19436739
There was a shadow person in my old house that looked like the zatarans guy.
>>
>>19435512
fuck i remember fields
>>
>>19436739
that looks right but i remember it being pronounced zatarans
>>
>>19436778
Sounds like a fun shadow person desu. My shadow person fucking sucks and affects my health when he comes around.
>>
File: Van_Eyck_-_Arnolfini_Portrait.jpg (2MB, 3087x4226px) Image search: [Google]
Van_Eyck_-_Arnolfini_Portrait.jpg
2MB, 3087x4226px
Well, I experienced this before.
Some years ago I was studying art and one of my favourite works was the Arnolfini Portrait by Van Eyck. I remember very well learning about all the details about it and one of them was that if you look in the window of the paint you can see a building where a woman is in one of the windows (muh hyperealism).
The last year I went to London and I could see the original one and guess what... The building wasn't in the pain and instead it was a peach tree.
Sorry about my English but that thing fucked me a lot, I started to believe about Mandela effect after that.
>>
>>19435309

Japan and Koreas moved for me
>>
>>19437613
At least claims like this do have some sort of merit compared to literal retards who think entire continents have moved just becausebthey are shit at geography
>>
>>19436246
>>19436249
You guys just don't really understand what the Mandela Effect really is.
>>
>>19437144
None of the people that remember her as Fields remember her series as a telepathic newlywed.
They just remember her as a teen character and then later as an adult in a Burt Reynolds movie.
I know the program wasn't that popular but it got a lot of attention in my universe.
Everyone had heard of The Girl With Something Extra even if they hadn't watched it.
The scenes where she read her husbands mind about sex were famously awkward and very risque for the time.
Some of the people in this universe think I'm crazy but it was really a show.
>>
File: ewe.png (860KB, 550x696px) Image search: [Google]
ewe.png
860KB, 550x696px
>>19437673
Since when was Japan that close to the mainland?
>>
>>19432196
They say "of the world" in the middle of the song
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 226x377px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 226x377px
I swear to God it used to be Jim Bean
>>
>>19433989

The first installment of the legendary John Carpenter's "apocalypse trilogy". The second being The Thing and the final installment being "In The Mouth of Madness". Bretty good movie. I enjoyed the Asian professor talking metaphysics with the preacher more than the horror scenes. It was the weakest, least scary and least sense-making of the trilogy, in my opinion. And you're right - that anon described the plot, but he left out the part about the devil being kept in a test tube in the basement of the church. Judging by the name and description of that video, it's pretty clear that the uploaded wasn't trying to hide the source of the footage, so I'm not sure who that anon was trying to fool.
>>
File: arny.jpg (67KB, 571x800px) Image search: [Google]
arny.jpg
67KB, 571x800px
>>19433727
Cheap but fair on the fight for people's attention.
>>
FMS is pure bullshit, only because some analphabetic autist fucks can't remember names and dates doesn't prove something like false mandela syndrome or simulated reality
>>
File: hisohima.png (529KB, 554x554px) Image search: [Google]
hisohima.png
529KB, 554x554px
>>19438345
It's proves that they can make your memories foggy by memetic manipulation.
>>
>>19437934
depends a lot on the map projection you're using. Things can look way different depending on how the curvature of the earth is interpreted onto a flat plane.
>>
Fags, fags, Mandela effect suggests a considerable part of the world went to another dimension, that doesn't make any sense, it would work if just few people remembered something incorrectly not if everyone was shitting their pants because a brand changed its logo.
>>
"i thought he died yeah me too. conspiracy!"
It's just a bunch of ignorant people and now it's a meme
>>
retards
>>
>>19438763
>>19438776
Shilltards
>>
>>19437707
No, you don't.
>>
>>19438780
you're too stupid to understand that you're stupid
>>
>>19432799
>have to do with the Gender of the Pikachu
I seem to remember something about Ash's pikachu being slightly different or something...

But yes the damn pokiman had a black tail tip, I'm sure as I used to draw it alot as a kid

What spooped me the most is the Kennedy limo change though, it cannot have had 6 people on it, as I alongside tons of other people did research on it and looked at the footage (it was also from another angle, the Zapruder one and there wasn't much more before) and such.

Also South America is much further east now
>>
>>19435309
kek
>>
>>19438202
No
>>
>>19438202
nah old drunkard here....been beam since 80's
>>
>>19431409
Most likely people misremembering things... but Google is changing up their search algorithms in order to put preferred content at the top of the list. For example, the first example you get on the definition of racism has changed and one could assume many other things have as well.
>>
>>19438309

In this universe The Thing came before Prince of Darkness
>>
>>19438202
lol literally out of all the fucking Mandela spoops this is the only one that really bamboozled me
>>
File: 1476669806530.jpg (71KB, 592x896px) Image search: [Google]
1476669806530.jpg
71KB, 592x896px
I watched Good Will Hunting where Leonardo DiCaprio starred. Found out today it changed to Mat Damon.
>>
>>19434571
This, heard it not two days ago, the radio edit has all the choruses end with "of the world"
>>
Middle school went from being middle school to intermediate school. High school has never been 'hike school' like that little boy in the Adam Sandler movie said.
>>
>>19432196
Almost all of these are because of le epic pop culture media xD using the wrong quote or reference. Of course that would end up sticking with you.

As for the Queen one, like other anons said, there's clearly a version that ends with "of the world".
>>
>>19433989
10/10
I'm cleaning drink off myself from the laughter I got from your responce.
>>
>>19441361
>Almost all of these are because of le epic pop culture media xD using the wrong quote or reference.
Yes the entire phenomenon is made to look like pure idiocy because of people just fixating on minor, inane stuff they clearly just misremember
>>
>>19443056
The entire phenomenon is small, irrelevant shit people misremember.
>>
Ed McMahon never delivering the big checks for publishers clearing house is what got me to know it was real.
>>
>>19432196
Pikachus tail was never like that. Stopped reading there.
>>
>>19432799
No, a femal Pikachu has a heart shape at the end of the tail where the male Pikachu has a flat end. Anyone who says Pikachu used to have a black ended tail either has a shit memory or is a fucking liar.
>>
>>19433739
All that text just to shit post..
>>
>>19438883
Pikachu never had a black tipped tail. You are wrong.
>>
>>19443663
>>19443671
>>19443686
Are you guys literally too dumb to even understand what the Mandela Effect supposedly entails?
How tf do you even function in society?
>>
>>19443706
I know about the Mandella Effect and it's 100% retarded. If you believe there is even one iota of truth to it, you should be sterilized.
>>
>>19443877
Dunning Kruger riddled underage moron.
>>
File: 1498867240284.png (105KB, 695x474px) Image search: [Google]
1498867240284.png
105KB, 695x474px
Also threads like this, infested by retards made me realize /x/ is considerably worse than Reddit.
Holy fuck @ the amount of idiocy, larping, and straight up idiocy on this board.

Fucking hell when did 4chan go to shit like thsi
>>
File: tupe.jpg (16KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
tupe.jpg
16KB, 350x350px
>failure of collective memory
>somehow only Murricans are affected

why am I not surprised
>>
>>19434538
>I found people in threads discussing how in the movie Apollo 13 the quote that they remembered was "Houston we have a problem".
>However online streams, youtube and physical media showed that the actual quote was "Houston we have had a problem".
>Recently it has changed back to the first quote "Houston we have a problem".
>I remember discussing this both on 4chan and on Reddit, several other anons and users reported this.
>I even met users who remembered discussing the threads with one another, yet those threads are gone from any archives.

Really spooked me desu
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-10-12-10-27.png (518KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-10-12-10-27.png
518KB, 1440x2560px
>>
>>19437934
since trump won, for me. i was reading a lot of flat earth before he won so i was familiar with world map, then after he won japan and koreas changed
>>
Here's an interesting little fact about the Mandela effect. Take a list like >>19432196 and almost everyone remembers some, but not all, incorrectly, and different people remember different ones. This of course destroys the "parallel universes colliding" unless there are literally hundreds or thousands of universes merging with this one, one universe for every different person. Another thing to consider thing to consider is the type of information: it's essentially always minor details of pop culture from a person's childhood, or political events in foreign countries from decades ago, or geography of places on the other side of the world. Every SINGLE "Mandela Effect" has an extremely simple explanation.
A third thing to consider is the fact that familiarity with a subject magically decreases the likelihood of Mandela effects. I doubt there's a single South African who "remembers" Mandela dying in prison, or a single New Zealander who thinks their country used to be on the other side of Australia, or a single person whose favorite show is Sex and the City who thinks it used to be Sex in the City.

If you believe the Mandela effect is anything other than an example of the flaws in human memory then you should put a bullet through your skull because you're a fucking retard.
>>
File: minkfuk.png (2MB, 1788x1159px) Image search: [Google]
minkfuk.png
2MB, 1788x1159px
>>19435309
Another mind fuck... name that country.. you'll shit bricks.

Where the fuck did that come from?
>>
File: 1502814100383.gif (49KB, 395x610px) Image search: [Google]
1502814100383.gif
49KB, 395x610px
>>19443908
It happens to all of the people that comes in contact with the change.
>>
>>19435309
that's China
>>19445323
that's Russia
>>
>>19432196

It seriously was never "fruit loops." It has always been "Froot Loops"

It's a kids cereal, they spell it like that so they have another opportunity to use the colorful loops in order to catch kids attention.

"Fruit loops" doesn't even look right represented on the box. It looks like ripoff Chinese cereal you might buy at a flea market.
>>
>>19445323
>Where the fuck did that come from

World War II
>>
>>19445323
>my ignorance of geography proves that I'm from another universe
unironically kill yourself
>>
File: fruit_of_the_loom.png (11KB, 436x243px) Image search: [Google]
fruit_of_the_loom.png
11KB, 436x243px
>>19436028

Oh, come on... that was the only reason I learnt the word cornucopia.
>>
>>19445861
It's Hainan (海南省).
>>
>>19435309
see
>>19445938
>>
I am not from a English speaking country and even i can voich for

-mirror mirror on the wall
- sex and the city (why i remmeber people try to change it and then reverse back)
-looney toons (the first tunes i know is apple itunes)

Somebody for some reason playing with people's memory but why for what gain?
>>
>>19445323

That's White Russia
>>
File: Fotl.jpg (63KB, 714x621px) Image search: [Google]
Fotl.jpg
63KB, 714x621px
Who else remembers this?
>>
File: 250px-172Pichu.png (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-172Pichu.png
51KB, 250x250px
>>19432301
Also pichu
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.