[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prometheus was an AWESOME movie!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3651.jpg (13KB, 247x204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3651.jpg
13KB, 247x204px
Give me your best engineer theory. Why did they create life on earth? Why did they visite us in ancient times and gave us the location of LV-223, specifically? Why did they decide to head back to earth with a juggernaut spaceship full of mass destruction weapons? Does it have anything to do with the turmoil inside the ship shown holographically to the Prometheus crew before the movie proceeds to show the biostasis room where all the all the black goo is stored? Is pic related the last engineer? Also, "Alien: Covenant" hate thread due to so many unanswered questions regarding the Engineers.
>>
>>19430333
Probably more a /tv/ thing but weren't there bits cut from that which make that film make sense and deal more with the engineers?
>>
File: IMG_3656.jpg (28KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3656.jpg
28KB, 274x184px
How did he get chest bursted?
>>
File: IMG_3658.jpg (27KB, 272x185px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3658.jpg
27KB, 272x185px
>>19430334
Some were cut, indeed, even a dialog between David and the Engineer. But still, nothing is really answered. I personally believe that the Engineers are so much more interesting than the Xenomorph!
>>
File: IMG_3640.jpg (12KB, 185x273px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3640.jpg
12KB, 185x273px
>>19430334
I understand it's more /tv/ related, but I was also expecting the a little discussion on the plausibility of the engineer theory and panspermia itself over here. Did we come from aliens? If so, who are they?
>>
>>19430350
I thought so too.
Or that they'd at least introduce a mystery and not BE the mystery.
>>19430356
Heard the idea floated about for a while, even with the revisionist religious views, i.e. god is an alien or inter dimensional being/alien genetic engineer.
First question that comes from that is of course: Why?
>>
The idea to make it a part of the Alien universe ruined the potential Prometheus series. I wanted to see where Ridely Scott would have gone with his exploration of the ancient aliens concept, but Aliens fanboys were all "nuuh, muh xenomorphs tho". Anything interesting about Covenant was shunted to the sidelines of the movie to make way for more fucking xenomorphs, like we haven't seen enough of that monster already.
>>
File: IMG_3661.jpg (18KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3661.jpg
18KB, 300x168px
>>19430371
I still cannot believe what they did to the engineers' planet. I mean, was that even an actual engineer planet or a half-ling/lower-cast settlement? That shit looked like ancient Rome and did not resemble the technology implemented in the juggernaut spaceships at all! The whole "muh niggamorph" reactions after the release of Prometheus might've been the reason Ridley Scott blew up en entire planed in a lame flashback cutscene.
>>
File: urantia_book_cover-en1.png.cf.png (149KB, 400x593px) Image search: [Google]
urantia_book_cover-en1.png.cf.png
149KB, 400x593px
>>19430333
Paper 36. The Life Carriers

36:0.1.LIFE does not originate spontaneously. Life is constructed according to plans formulated by the (unrevealed) Architects of Being and appears on the inhabited planets either by direct importation or as a result of the operations of the Life Carriers of the local universes. These carriers of life are among the most interesting and versatile of the diverse family of universe Sons. They are intrusted with designing and carrying creature life to the planetary spheres. And after planting this life on such new worlds, they remain there for long periods to foster its development.
1. Origin and Nature of Life Carriers
36:1.1.Though the Life Carriers belong to the family of divine sonship, they are a peculiar and distinct type of universe Sons, being the only group of intelligent life in a local universe in whose creation the rulers of a superuniverse participate. The Life Carriers are the offspring of three pre-existent personalities: the Creator Son, the Universe Mother Spirit, and, by designation, one of the three Ancients of Days presiding over the destinies of the superuniverse concerned. These Ancients of Days, who alone can decree the extinction of intelligent life, participate in the creation of the Life Carriers, who are intrusted with establishing physical life on the evolving worlds.
>>
>>19430416
3. Life Transplantation
36:3.1.Life does not spontaneously appear in the universes; the Life Carriers must initiate it on the barren planets. They are the carriers, disseminators, and guardians of life as it appears on the evolutionary worlds of space. All life of the order and forms known on Urantia arises with these Sons, though not all forms of planetary life are existent on Urantia.
36:3.2.The corps of Life Carriers commissioned to plant life upon a new world usually consists of one hundred senior carriers, one hundred assistants, and one thousand custodians. The Life Carriers often carry actual life plasm to a new world, but not always. They sometimes organize the life patterns after arriving on the planet of assignment in accordance with formulas previously approved for a new adventure in life establishment. Such was the origin of the planetary life of Urantia.
36:3.3.When, in accordance with approved formulas, the physical patterns have been provided, then do the Life Carriers catalyze this lifeless material, imparting through their persons the vital spirit spark; and forthwith do the inert patterns become living matter.
36:3.4.The vital spark—the mystery of life—is bestowed through the Life Carriers, not by them. They do indeed supervise such transactions, they formulate the life plasm itself, but it is the Universe Mother Spirit who supplies the essential factor of the living plasm. From the Creative Daughter of the Infinite Spirit comes that energy spark which enlivens the body and presages the mind.
>>
File: IMG_3663.jpg (12KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3663.jpg
12KB, 318x159px
>>19430368
> "Or that they'd at least introduce a mystery and not BE the mystery."

Absolutely, man! I totally agree!

> "Why?"

I wonder.. Will we seed life in other planets too?
>>
>>19430416
I am mind blown by this interesting read! Should I proceed and read the entire book or it only talks about the origin of life in the mentioned sections?
>>
>>19430408
What we saw in Prometheus was a weapons production facility. I guess it makes sense that a place where they actually live would be a bit less dark and brooding to look at. Although I suspect Giger's death also plays into the change in visual style.
>>
>>19430438
The entire book is this level of detail, it's amazing. Free audio book as well.

The part on Jesus walks through each year, his favorite hill to sit on etc.
>>
>>19430438
Paper 102. The Foundations of Religious Faith

102:0.1.TO THE unbelieving materialist, man is simply an evolutionary accident. His hopes of survival are strung on a figment of mortal imagination; his fears, loves, longings, and beliefs are but the reaction of the incidental juxtaposition of certain lifeless atoms of matter. No display of energy nor expression of trust can carry him beyond the grave. The devotional labors and inspirational genius of the best of men are doomed to be extinguished by death, the long and lonely night of eternal oblivion and soul extinction. Nameless despair is man's only reward for living and toiling under the temporal sun of mortal existence. Each day of life slowly and surely tightens the grasp of a pitiless doom which a hostile and relentless universe of matter has decreed shall be the crowning insult to everything in human desire which is beautiful, noble, lofty, and good.
102:0.2.But such is not man's end and eternal destiny; such a vision is but the cry of despair uttered by some wandering soul who has become lost in spiritual darkness, and who bravely struggles on in the face of the mechanistic sophistries of a material philosophy, blinded by the confusion and distortion of a complex learning. And all this doom of darkness and all this destiny of despair are forever dispelled by one brave stretch of faith on the part of the most humble and unlearned of God's children on earth.
102:0.3.This saving faith has its birth in the human heart when the moral consciousness of man realizes that human values may be translated in mortal experience from the material to the spiritual, from the human to the divine, from time to eternity.
>>
>>19430424
>I wonder.. Will we seed life in other planets too?
I don't know, but I WILL seed your ass..
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.