[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I unironically believe in an afterlife?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (38KB, 220x264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 220x264px
I'm terrified of dying /x/. I am agnostic and do not believe in an afterlife. As such I have these inconsolable episodes where there isn't even anyone to talk to because I only know "dude heaven lmao" and "Dude planes of existence lmao" types.

The status of being dead has been described as a dreamless sleep and that's okay I guess eve if I would prefer dreams, but people also sat it's like pre birth and that bugs me. The state before birth is finite while post life is infinite. Thus it isn't considered bad because your mind isn't threatened by a thing it posited after the fact. If it were common knowledge that we stayed dead for a hundred bazillion years and came back it'd be fine because the us in the future would just posit that being dead happened.

I feel that even if I put my chips on an afterlife and am wrong I would live my life better without the pressure
>>
Is it death you fear, or is it the unknown?
Does anyone who's been there fear it?
>>
>>19427868
>while post life is infinite.
How on earth do you know that?
>>
>>19427878
>>19427872
It's my purported knowledge of death that brings my discomfort. If I considered it a grand mystery with the possibility of an afterlife I would be 1000x more interested.
>>
Non-existence doesn't exist.
>>
File: 1501691773976.gif (396KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1501691773976.gif
396KB, 500x400px
>>19427868
Trust in your 'G'
>>
I would fear immortality, imagine some day all other life in earth is gone but you, I see death more like a prize than something bad, for me immortality would definitely be a curse, random amounts of years alone, then, maybe some alien raze find you, if more powerful than you they will study your immortality, hope this helps you
>>
>>19427962
The general idea would be that others are also immortal
>>
I know what happens if I die.
>>
>>19428019
Thanks for the nonpost
>>
>>19427868
Hey man I know how you're feeling right now. I don't really know how to deal with the absolute dread I get when I am reminded of the fact that I will die. That all of this will not be to me according to my concept of death. I sometimes get reminded of it while listening to a song, watching a YouTube clip or a movie where they talk about how old the universe is or just in general reference our mortality. I'm only twenty two years old, I do good by my body and I anticipate I'll live 60 more years. That means one fourth of my life has passed and I fear death more every day.
Honestly, OP, I don't know. I have friends who are able to accept it and they try to explain it to me but my brain is in complete denial and I panic. Some people say they don't want to live forever but, I mean, I do. This wasn't helpful to you at all, probably, except maybe you don't feel as alone in your thoughts. The way I usually get rid of the dread and anxiety that fills me is I immediately change whatever I'm doing to something like playing a game or going to the gym. It helps escape the thoughts but I obviously can't avoid this shit forever, fuck. I hope you manage to find peace in your own thoughts or change them radically.
>>
>>19427868
Everything is cyclical, nature is cyclical. Civilizations rise and fall, animals live and die, plants live and die...energy can't be created or destroyed. At the very least there is some form of reincarnation, doubtful it's literally you just inhabiting another body, more-so like the pagan sense where the higher, more noble part of you survives through death and inhabits another.
>>
>>19428120
People that say this have an insufficient understanding of physics. The universe is infinite but it will spend the overwhelming majority of that time a cold and barren plane inhospitable for life and once it reaches that point it spends the remainder of eternity like that(according to current scientific knowledge).

I think it's made worse by fact there is a lot of pop science saying of not us, people within a few generations will be biologically immortal.
>>
>>19427868
Lower your conceptual standards for "an afterlife" and realize that the real afterlife is the perpetual effects your life has on the world.
>>
>>19427905
The Universe is infinte. It's just impossible for those here in this world to perfectly simulate that data, or rather "you". What "you" fear losing is the current process of the mind. The only separating factor in existence is the field of existence from which all things came from anyways. You are one with existence, so temporally you are already locked in existence. The probability for change and advancement is infinite. You can make it through if you can wait long enough.

As for the Afterlife, look up Boltsmann Brains. Eventually the Cosmos just creates brains out of nothing with all our memories stored in them. No pun intended but it literally is just a matter of time. As for "muh heat death" The Universe happened once. It will happen again. No special functions have been observed in existence.
>>
>>19427868
>The status of being dead has been described as a dreamless sleep and that's okay I guess eve if I would prefer dreams

You only end up in a state of dreamless sleep if you BELIEVE that is what will happen. The belief is the key here. You create your own reality. If you think that Christian heaven is real, then it is real (Christians have a space after death where they are in their their 'heaven').

There are planes of existence beyond the belief system realities but I'm not sure how to get there by belief. All I can say is that you need to believe there is life after death.
>>
>>19428019
If you are who you say you are you're fucked
>>
>>19428273
anon is right
>>
>>19428204
>d a m n
a
m
n
>>
>>19428273
I'm sorry this does not make sence to me, this creates the idia that you can end up trapped someware forever...
>>
>>19427868

This >>19428120
I'm a bit of a fedora myself, except I stay open minded for things that might sound logical and speak of other possible realms.
As said, Energy can't be created or destroyed according to science.
When a physical body dies, a machine stops working and someone dies. Now, why is it that said machine, once it's dead, can't be repaired?
Is it the brain? Is it the cells? Is it just the decay of organic matter? Or maybe there is something else, some kind of energy that animates said machine and makes it alive? Did that energy go somewhere?
Believing in an afterlife, from a fedoraist logical point of view can require to take that leap of faith. There are still mysteries regarding the human body, and that "energy" is one of them. If energy is immortal, maybe so are we.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.