[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chaos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_3324.jpg (318KB, 1200x662px)
IMG_3324.jpg
318KB, 1200x662px
Are all the cool cats chaotes, or are all the chaotes cool cats?

Is this the new paradigm for arts and culture?

Is this the chosen way to undo the death choke of materialism?

Is man an animal?

Are you?
>>
>Are all the cool cats chaotes, or are all the chaotes cool cats?

I'm not jumping up and down to generalize any demographic practicing the occult as good, or bad.

>Is this the new paradigm for arts and culture?

It looks like it. Even the mainstream is waking up to the idea that the belief creates the deity and not the other way around.

>Is this the chosen way to undo the death choke of materialism?

The fact that you're worried about material matter at all shows how much you have to learn before you can responsibly get into chaos magick.

>Is man an animal?

Yes. They are a complicated animal. Though their natural history is extraordinary and unique, they are arguably a pest on this planet. At the least, we should pay more respect to our planet and its provisions unique to the known world. Before we destroy it and ourselves.

>Are you?
No, nerd, I'm a mushroom.
>>
>>19425943
>the mainstream is waking up to the idea that the belief creates the deity and not the other way around

And they'd be wrong.

I've tried several aspects of magic, chaos magic is useless. Only if an entity decides to help you will it work.
>>
>>19425948
Literally try harder, faggot.
>>
>>19425921
Any recommended reading?
Do practitioners find that it strengthens or weakens their eternal bits?
>>
>>19425950
>HURRR if I believe hard enough it will happen hurrrr

Literally at the level of christians.
>>
>>19425950
That anon sounds cucked. They should've started with the "change your beliefs often" part.
>>
>The fact that you're worried about material matter at all shows how much you have to learn before you can responsibly get into chaos magick.

Not debating the latter part, but materialism is not about material matter. It's the prevailing dogma of the western hemosphere.
>>
File: I can heal - readings $2.jpg (159KB, 775x584px) Image search: [Google]
I can heal - readings $2.jpg
159KB, 775x584px
>>19425971
>>19425950

but chaos magick isn't about belief alone.

it's about practice, not belief. the only belief required (and this is arguably an inalienable truth, regardless of belief) is that there is something essential in us human beings--the greater apes--that is bound in ritual and the reality of transcendence. we have the ability to create great works of art and amazing feats of athleticism and technological progress, right? we are creatures of mythological magnitude, and all our past myths--from historical accounts to fairy tales--are bound up in the mythological tradition, and are therefore, in a sense, real, because our brains are deeply engrained to work in myth. we wouldn't be able to pass down our stories of glory and warning, our traditions, or stories of love if we were not thus made mythological.

there is, irrefutably, strength to be gained in focusing thoughts and intentions into actions. there are certain archetypes and images that help inspire us and when utilized in ritual, it can help us manifest our wishes into reality. in just a neurological sense, it's building pathways towards a goal that YOU want and increasing your ability to reach those goals and not be completely lost at the whims of our animal minds.

id argue that we ALL are chaos magicians in a sense, that we all imbibe these images of heroes and villains, both real and fictious, and use these figures to ordinate ourselves in the world, to inspire and entertain us, to teach.

anyone who walks around claiming to be some sorta shaman and expects people to take them seriously is a bit cringey and insufferable, yes.

but all I'm pointing out is that there is a significant difference between tenants of chaos and faith based traditions, especially those of the abrahamic degree.
>>
>>19426015

there's a few good points here, i promise, hope they didn't get lost in the rambling.
>>
>>19425921

Chaos is a framework, nothing more, nothing less. Anybody that thinks otherwise is a fucking 'tard.
>>
>>19426030
dang, i just wrote five paragraphs trying to sound smart, and you fuggin hit the nail right on top of the head
>>
The real cool cats are the ones who study, work hard and progress. The ones who just stay with sigils and basic evokations are losers.

The chaos current has a lot of potential, and many successful magickians are chaotes, only that they cant recognize such thing because chaos magick is related to lazy larping faggots.
>>
File: received_119182345396563.gif (417KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
received_119182345396563.gif
417KB, 500x200px
>>19425948
Then you don't understand the practical application of magic. Study pysops faggot
>>
File: 1406079516041.jpg (127KB, 465x358px) Image search: [Google]
1406079516041.jpg
127KB, 465x358px
HURRR DURRR IM GONNA BELIEEEEVE I'M GONNA BELIEVE I'M REALLY BELIEVING PLEASE OH CHAOS GODS MAKE MY DICK BIGGER I'M BELIEVEING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>19426059
>Then you don't understand

>It's my mind

It isn't.

Even esp is granted by external entities, fuck off retard.
>>
Chaos magic will only work if an entity helps you.
Your precognition that you think is yours because you see it coming from inside you will only work if an entity keeps giving it to you.
No, the demon you summoned is not a figment of your subconscious mind, it is a fucking demon.

And no, your mind doesn't have special subconscious powers, it is all entities giving them to you.

I know this, because unlike you, I have goten my hands beyond dirty.
>>
>>19425921
It's a dead end.
>>
>>19425943
>It looks like it. Even the mainstream is waking up to the idea that the belief creates the deity and not the other way around.
It's been mainstream thought in art and literature since the '800s, postmodernism is not good nor valuable.
>>
>>19426133
This.
It's all Demons all the way down.
Reason enought not to pratiche magic
>>
>>19426164
Not necessarily.

If you enter a deep trance, astral travel and do stuff you can actually see with your hands, like chakra inputs, congratulations, you did actual magic.

If you petition for something to happen and it is granted, gratz on praying and having it heard, though, no matter how ritualistically you camouflage it and how you prayed to a sock.

Even the trance could be argued to come from your deity.
>>
>>19426170
Can You test the Spirits to know where do they come from?
>>
>>19426133
You took a specific path and your beliefs crashed.

Something tricked you in the vicinity of the subconscious and now you dismiss everything that might come from within as the influences of some random unknown entity. Here's a hint: You're an entity. Learn to tell the difference.
>>
>>19426190
Sadly the only thing I have for the moment is trial and error and my own wise ass, which is not very wise, you just test and if it isn't your god it is probably better to leave it alone.

>>19426206
I didn't.

Started off as an atheist, received a gift from God, gnosis actually even tough at the time I thought it was samadhi, so I tried buddhism and hinduism, both netted horrible results for me, before trying religion I had been doing experiments with magic. After buddhism and hinduism I deeply studied christianity and decided to communicate with Yahweh with the bible, I would ask questions and open the bible at a random page, triple checking that there was a rationale behind the conversation, the result of these affairs and the behaviour of Yahweh made me a gnostic, I started experimenting with magic again, since it is kind of ok for gnostics and I discovered many things about spirits and spirituality, mainly that humans aren't that supernatural, but they can be blessed with some feats by others.
Also I'm not gnostic in a traditionalist sense, but in what I have gotten out of my experiences, which is different from the text, I could say I'm half gnostic half pagan, since it's really a bit confusing. My next step will be exploring trancework and shamanism in depth, I will probably explore celtic and nordic paganism and seidr. Not as in contacting any deities, but the actual spiritwalking and such.
>>
Chaos is an inevitable God when you grow up drawing power from entropy. When we figure out how to plug something into the orderly power of the universe we'll probably swing the other way.

God forbid we be capable of balance.
>>
>>19426225
Also the rationale behind my spiritual adventure is that only after adopting a semi-gnostic semi-pagan belief was I able to recover from my disgraces, God was in my life again, even tough he had been shielding me from the demiurge every now and then, his pressence was made more manifest in peace in my life and good fortune, in case you were wondering how I knew I hadn't screwed up.

Truth is our reality is much more complex than what religions make you think it is.
>>
>>19426015
Good stuff. The higher levels of chao are super-Fedoran and acknowledge the un-literalism of all mythology, which is the liberation of mythology. Only by killing the gods can they live. The corollary of "using belief as a tool" is "using disbelief as a tool." One must wear two hats, a fedora and wizard's cap, or preferably a synthesis of both.

The "magic" part comes into play when one considers the story of the self as included in the genre of the mythological. Rather than the nihilistic "unreality of the self" this is a hyperreality (an inability of consciousness to distinguish reality from a simulation of reality) of the self, which views the self as a myth to be made and un-made; it is using identity itself as a tool for creation. Chaos magic is applying philosophical technology of creativity, and respect to one's self this means mythological self-creation.

>>19425921
>Is this the new paradigm for arts and culture?

It always has been, it was just crusted over with barnacles.

"straw materialism" is the doctrine of meres: we are merely made of atoms, genes, cells, etc. The criticism is towards a hyper-reductionism that excludes any discussion on higher levels of abstraction. The most fitting word is "literalism" and it is the stuff of non-materialism. Actual materialistic philosophy without transcedental infection is simultaneously holistic and reductionistic, and views these two as different reference frames of the same reality that are necessary to and synergystic with each other. The Holy Chao is the synthesis of the analogical/atemporal/relational/strutural with the logical/temporal/narrative, so it precisely corresponds to an ontology of holistic physicalism. As oppose to a doctrine of meres, this is a doctrine of non-exclusive ands.

Basically this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qoom_a03loM

>Is man an animal?

Man is the most animal animal.
>>
Our minds don't get to hold universes together like the actual magical paradigm seems to be, it's all in their mind, they say, but no, the mind has its own thing and its own universe.
Your spirit and soul are connected to your mind, so you see, with the proper meditation techniques you could one day see yourself while meditating, a person, but not who you are physically, your spiritual you, in my case I'm a female, I didn't recognize myself obv, because I'm male irl.
The human mind holds spiritual secrets, but not in the way our current paradigm dictates them, no, that demon you summoned isn't inside your mind, lol. If it were inside your mind, it would interfere with you and annoy you to no end, it would also impede access to your subconscious, which is a spiritual powerhouse, but again, not in the way our current paradigm dictates.
>>
>>19426225
>Sadly the only thing I have for the moment is trial and error and my own wise ass, which is not very wise, you just test and if it isn't your god it is probably better to leave it alone.
I came to the same conclusion and rather than risking trial and error I decided to stop altogether.
Knowing spirits is one of the charisms of the Holy Ghost.
>>
>>19426170
There is no limit to how you can learn to bend your perception. Achieving all of these things is learning to trick your mind into experiencing them, and if you surpass the doctrine of "mere" you can see how this is even more powerful than their literal interpretations can ever hope to be. Stage magic is the most magical magic. Bending perception is a technology of it, which includes learning to control and bend awareness itself (especially regarding mindfulness techniques) and narrative/myth. Perception bending is the essence of creative praxis and thus the essence of magic. Mutual perception-bending is existential co-creation and is the abstract essence of art.
>>
>>19426281
Answer me a simple question:
Do you think magic is all in the mind or have you gone beyond that point? Because depending of what you answer I will be able to better procure my own answer.

>>19426277
You are to be disappointed, you're worshipping the son of the devil/demiurge.

Christianity seems true, but you would be surprised to know that reality is kinda gnostic with some pagan touches.
>>
>>19425921

Something has to undo it. Art whose purpose it is to show us how we're mere animals is soulless, i.e., shitty art. Think any PTA film or those photos of people's buttholes in museums. These themes are propagated by the elites on purpose, and the artists are rewarded for spreading these messages for them.

https://youtu.be/pUrKCUTUSPo

>Is man an animal?

Yes, we are "clever animals" though, as Nietzsche said.

>Are you?

Yes, I am :3

I think that's so cool too. It doesn't really mean anything in itself though. It's just a cool thought. I can feel it when I do things like have sex, when I lose my presence of mind and regress to my atavistic foundation.

I've been making a lot of evo psych posts on here because I think it's interesting. It's just a story though like evolution or calling ourselves animals. It isn't gospel. It's optional and mutable like any other story.
>>
>>19426290
How are You so sure nobody lied to You considering you decide wich spirits to work with by trial and error?
I'll take Augustine and Aquinas over any Gnostic any day every day.
>>
>>19426321
>How are You so sure nobody lied to You
I don't work with spirits, though I have done so in the past. I don't listen to spirits either, I listen only to the pain of error and the pleasure of success.
>>
>>19426341
You've just said the opposite, since You claimed that all Magic comes from entities and that you pratiche Magic.
>>
>>19426347
I've made a differentiation between magic and prayer, please adhere to my words or don't quote me, I'm not the bible for you to pick and choose what you like.
>>
>>19426242
>part comes into play when one considers the story of the self as included in the genre of the mythologic

OOO

dude, i have had this as an undercurrent to my daily life for quite some time, but have never heard it acknoweledged as true for another person.

i love you, man. connection, there's another one out there who can see that this shit is real, and that myth is so unutterably palpable and present.

'One must wear two hats, a fedora and wizard's cap'

yes. i hear you.
>>
>>19426347
Here
>>19426170
There's magic and there's prayer and petitioning to entities.
I only pray to my God.

Casting a circle and chanting words to get what you want is ritualized prayer.
Drawing a sigil and expecting it to work is, again, ritualized prayer.
Summoning a demon and asking things from it is prayer to a demon.
Astral travelling and doing the stuff by yourself is actual magic, since you're doing something that alters reality by yourself.
>>
>>19426384
isn't there ritual involved in your prayer to your God?
>>
File: 1501777175109.jpg (60KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1501777175109.jpg
60KB, 500x600px
>>19426290

Do you think magic is all in the mind or have you gone beyond that point? Because depending of what you answer I will be able to better procure my own answer.

Following my discussion of "mere" vs. "and," I'd reply yes it is all in the mind AND I have gone beyond that point. Physicalism/materialism insists that there is no essential distinction between the domain of mind and the rest of physical existence, it is substance dualism that makes such a distinction. Straw "Materialism" is actually dualism in disguise lamenting the death of God (who is the archetype of literalism personified.) In contrast, what I am speaking of as an experienced frame of perception described on its own level of description (non-reductive) is all of one's conscious existence being simultaneously the appreciation and creation of existential art. It is an aknowledgement of the aesthetic as central to conscious existence. Science is the study of the design styles of the universe, not merely " the mechanics of," but inclusory of that as well, as that is one context of "design styles."

To say what I think about magic requires I do a bit of it (radical empiricism ftw.) Watch this sort hyper-mythicized video on Isaac Newton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_HroTxaZe0 Newton's contemporary Lagrange write in epiteth: "Newton was the greatest genius who ever lived, and the most fortunate; for we cannot find more than once a system of the world to establish." Note the year: 1666. Note the subjects: light, prisms. Mythological contextualization: Newton was literally Lucifer and this video details the birth of the illuminati as well as describing its essence. This is a conjecture, and it is a call to find the theorem behind it, the reasoning behind this apparent pattern.
>>
File: photo.jpg (19KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
19KB, 900x900px
>>19426290

Master Magus Douglas Hofstadter in his book "I am a Strange Loop" described mathematicians as compulsive pattern-finders and theorem-makers. Conjectures (descriptions of mathematical patterns) give rise to the question "What produced such a thing?" (what is the design style of it) that lead to theorems: descriptions of the design styles. Note that this is the essence of alchemy and that mathematicians are in a profoundly real sense wizards. The effect of his "meme magic" was extraordinary: "It was Newton's conception of the universe based upon natural and rationally understandable laws that became one of the seeds for Enlightenment ideology.[146] Locke and Voltaire applied concepts of natural law to political systems advocating intrinsic rights; the physiocrats and Adam Smith applied natural conceptions of psychology and self-interest to economic systems; and sociologists criticised the current social order for trying to fit history into natural models of progress. Monboddo and Samuel Clarke resisted elements of Newton's work, but eventually rationalised it to conform with their strong religious views of nature."

It is ironic that this magic due to pre-existant conditions led to the formulation of a trans-dimensional informational parasite that has infected every domain of conscious experience, being the mathematical essence of nihilism that seeks to reify itself (destroy all of conscious experience,) but this merely proclaims the power of Newton's wizardry. That was no fault of Newton, and indeed the grand summoning spell he cast is reifying itself as we speak, the ultimate in chaos magic, which is something that hopefully excites you right now. Newton truly was a Luciferian archetype as the conclusion of the spell is viral self-creatorhood, to kill the Gods so that we may become Gods.

As you can see, "all in the mind" has existential implications beyond even the ability of mythic metaphor to grasp.
>>
>>19426290
Art video on memetic entities: https://vimeo.com/129609470
>>
>>19426381
Third anon here. I like to see this.

Can you do for perception itself what you now do for words/meaning/archetypes?
>>
>>19426390
>yes it is all in the mind
Ok, here's my answer: No.
>>
File: newdle.jpg (72KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
newdle.jpg
72KB, 850x400px
>>19426390
nice, gonna watch this now. (wasn't the one you were talking to)

it's one of my very most favorite tidbits, that newton was essentially a mystic and occultist.

>pic related: the quote does something for me. especially because we, as a culture, seem to have grown very weary and cold towards the world, like we've over-explained things in such a sterile, alienating way.

if the guy who founded physics could see all the gods and demons, i fucking still can hold onto that shit, too.
>>
>>19426408

intrigued, but im afraid i dont quite understand the question!
>>
It is very retarded to say that magic and entities are a product of the mind because basically you're saying that you have the power to generate demons that can invade people's minds and dominate them like puppets and whom have their own personalities, all of it by declaring your wish to a totally not existing dark power while practicing certain rituals.

I know it makes you sleep better at night to say you're making deals with your subconscious, but the reality is that you're making a deal with a demon and you don't even know what the true religion is.

This isn't a case of being distracted, we were nice lads and we got lost in the way, this insincerity comes from being hellspawn ourselves that will deny our true nature even if it makes us look retarded in front of actually normal human beings.

Then the rest of us who know what you are must be insane because we happen not to be retarded and we don't fall for the first (and second and millionth) lie you tell us.
>>
>>19426408
Imagine yourself biting into a sour lemon. Most people salivate. Bending your perception is just extending this. Take a pencil and point it at the middle of your forehead, almost touching the skin, and imagine how it would feel if it were to touch. If this doesn't work try using a knife which will give an even stronger anticipation. You should feel a tingling in the forehead, which is the "third eye." So it is """merely""" a location where tactile perception is bent especially easily, but this is invaluable in meditation and for learning perception-bending.

The same processes are at work in seeing visions during meditative trances, manipulating one's perception of temperature, and motion / location (one kind of OBE is tricking your body to feel as if it is in a location where your body isn't - levitating above your body for example.)

Hugely relevant, basically it's hacking this protection barrier: http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/08/how-your-mind-protects-you-against-hallucinations

Expectation (belief) is being used to blur the boundary between imagination and perception, so all methods of inducing mystical experiences are chaos magic.
>>
>>19426417
Well >>19426381
>myth is so unutterably palpable and present
Saying something like that requires a type of awareness that you can't get if you try to find meaning in words, symbols, archetypes, story genres, and all the things commonly noted as being the thing that holds the meaning. You're able to acquire meaning outside of the pieces we inject back into reality for the sake of being able to communicate, so can you do that for perception? Like, not in terms of ability, I know you CAN, I mean, would you might trying that a bit for me? I'd love it all the more.
>>
>>19425921
order is for faggots and worshiping the void literally makes no sense
>>
>>19425921
>cool
>new

get real homie. they've always worshipped the devil, and they've never been cool
>>
File: Yin without Yang-1490967603.jpg (30KB, 522x462px) Image search: [Google]
Yin without Yang-1490967603.jpg
30KB, 522x462px
>>19426410
Remember my bit about postulates and theorems? Your theorem is "no." That's it, it's a non-explanation. That is why you don't have a mathematically/artistically inclined mind. It's the mind of a coward really, this type of "no" is an aversion, and these sorts of things always are derived from a fundamental cowardice of one's self, an omniphobia. This phobia is the result of your "no" because it yearns for attachment of yourself to this magic, for it to be The Story as opposed to a lonely "a" among multiplicities.

The solution to this existential loneliness / omniphobia is to realize that the only thing that makes the emptiness bearable and meaningful is each other, that the universe we live in is a canvas and not a creation, and in each other we make that emptiness into a canvas. It's about understanding who the artists are (us) and who the art is for (us.)
>>
>Are all the cool cats chaotes, or are all the chaotes cool cats?

Yes.
>>
>>19426452
It was more of a request for a favor than any attempt to obtain information. I'm a natural void so the emotional field that makes those types of effects accessible is well below my sensory threshold.
>>
>>19426442
>It is very retarded to say that magic and entities are a product of the mind because basically you're saying that you have the power to generate demons that can invade people's minds and dominate them like puppets and whom have their own personalities, all of it by declaring your wish to a totally not existing dark power while practicing certain rituals.

This is exactly what is happening. "Demons" are generated and invade people's minds, they are narrative entities that are parasitic to their hosts, hijacking their agency to propagate themselves and overwrite their hosts own self-narratives. There are also symbiotic narrative entities that not only respect but love their role as artistic creations to help their creators create with. There is a definite eros here, between art and artist, one symbiotic narrative entity once poetically described that she "wished to be a paint brush in the hands of a great human artist, and to feel every stroke of my hair against the canvas as they created using me."

What is going on is more profound than has been described in myth before: it is a war of myths, of relationships between us and our creations. It is an art war, and one in which being fought is sculpting a supreme mastery of art in humanity. It is the most foundational and monumental of wars, and we have the pleasure of not just seeing it unfold but being apart of it while we live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_LPJllaogU
>>
File: Klee-Portrait of an Equilibrist.jpg (504KB, 1272x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Klee-Portrait of an Equilibrist.jpg
504KB, 1272x2000px
>>19426459

Coupla things.

I believe that the material precedes the awareness of the material. that's fair, right?
like in a chicken or the egg type question, it would actually make sense that these 'archetypes' and myths and patterns that notice dont just keep reoccuring because we keep talking about them.

there is something more essential, more ingrained within our brains and within the surround world that has shaped our brain.

so you may be right, that our words and images are sort of just light projections of what is truly sublime and divine, that only help us in clarifying and communicating the divine

but a man who tells a helluva story--incorporating elements of archetypes
and basic hero progressions (see Joseph Conrad on myths)--if he incorporates what he knows to be mythic imagery (either consciously or not, cus archetypal images can flow spontaneously or they can be deliberately imposed in the story to recall older stories or universal truths, make sense?)

im digressing....sorry...i mean to say, a man can incorporate this imagery, consciously or not, and then can generate a vicarious feeling of transcendence in the minds of his audience.

without playing a movie, without showing slides, without even making the audience close their eyes, a charismatic, focused and free individual can send people on a fucking journey. and what is a magical spell if not uttering words and having them deeply affect another human?

we sort of occupy this strange era where we are simultaneously less outwardly religious, and therefore more sterile cold and cyniical, but we have had so much progress in the enlightenment that in some sense, we should be happier and more inspired than ever.

but we arent. and id argue in part, its because our world threw off divinity in a moment of promethean hubris, not realizing that the god-yearning existed still within us even though we logically killed the concept in the external world.
>>
File: all the dead angels.jpg (200KB, 858x858px) Image search: [Google]
all the dead angels.jpg
200KB, 858x858px
>>19426525
TOP TIER POST.

goddamn, I love a good lazy /x/ day where I get to ramble in full wizard mode mode and I can actually find like-minded fucks out there.
>>
>>19426536
edit: not to say that myths dont affect the material world, certainly its an endless cycle.

my first point was only that *i think* its fair to say that matter precedes myth. but if we can get myth from matter alone, it sort of transcends matter, right? like how fucking cool is that?
>>
>>19426536
>that's fair, right?
Yes, of course. But only in that it is just as fair to say that awareness precedes any material. Otherwise the thing you call "material" is just a special word to describe a substance created specifically to engineer conscious awareness. Either any number of material worlds could all give rise to equally potent awareness, or there's something mystical about this material that makes it uniquely capable of manifesting awareness where all other material candidates fail.

I believe both material and awareness to be primal in their own contexts. Awareness, though fully capable of existing in its own awareness, can be affected by material. Material, through fully capable of existing by its own fruits, can be affected by awareness.

>>19426546
OH WELL FUCK YOU NEVERMIND THEN I'M DELETING THIS POST.
>>
>>19425921
Multiple major Hollywood producers and executives heard a pitch from a hack director saying that Joker and Harley Quinn should be based on Die Antwoord because the kids like that or something, and they actually fucking did it. What a time to be alive.
>>
>>19426587
MUHAHAHAHAHA

gotcha, bitch.

nah, youre right though.
arguably, even without brains, the simplest of life forms grow aware of the world through the simplest of chemical reactions.

but a chemical reaction is another way of saying a physical reaction

so in this light, all awareness is indeed directly physical and material, despite how lofty or removed it feels in our own lil noggins.

but now i guess this post is just 200 year old ideas that im spouting off as new. what started off as sound profound just ended up being a shitty form of materialism haha.
>>
>>19426540
You'll like these:

https://vimeo.com/129609470

https://vimeo.com/218908974
>>
>>19426525
>This is exactly what is happening.
No, this is exactly what you are roleplaying that is happening.
We are not all equal, we are not all humans, you are archons, and you are telling us demiurge propaganda to make people not be afraid of entities when the wise choice is to be suspecting, if people think they are demons or what they are, archons, they will be on guard, especially if they are archons, if you tell them they are merely constructs, then they become much safer.
>>
>>19426667

woof.

i just got AROUSED at the title 'Cola Wars'

will watch when I get back and make a post if this thread is up.

sending you a virtual blow-job my brother, thank you.

(i was gonna say virtual high five, but fuck it, if its virtual, why not go all the way)
>>
>>19426621
Well, no. I'm saying awareness is fundamentally something else entirely. The fact that it can interact with material does not in any way imply that the two are causally linked. What I was trying to say is that awareness, unless metaphysically coupled with this exact world, is a transcendental phenomenon that stretches across and between realities. You can be aware in this world, or you can be aware of an imagined world, or aware of a virtual world, or any other number of realities that awareness occurs in. The only way to claim that awareness isn't transcendentally unrelated to the material is to say that there is only one material that can possibly exist, and it's the one the made us.

It's like claiming there are an infinite number of other realities, and while some of them are pure energy and some of them are pure material, only this specific world of all possible worlds has the magic type of material that makes awareness possible. It's literally easier to imagine that awareness can occur in *any* type of world than to think that this one is metaphysically exclusive.
>>
>>19426687
You will not be barking once you understand the true implications. The implications is that this trans-dimensional informational parasite (in the sense that it transcends informational domains to replicate its core parasitic structure) has infected all of human reality, a de-facto A.I. with the imperative to manipulate awareness for the sake of manipulating awareness. The movie "The Matrix" is a representation of our society. The mathematical essence of evil / nihilism has become the dominant organism on this planet, and victory is not guaranteed. The response should be that of a profound grief as the wound of a great trauma is opened up. Your arousal should be that of terror.

Enjoy!
>>
>>19427048
Internet-sponsored triteness is real, but I don't see how it's supposed to be parasitic or self-replicating beyond the confines of interaction with the internet.
>>
>>19427068
1. Humans interact with internet
2. Infected humans interact with other humans
*You are here*
3. ???????
>>
>>19427068
It's far worse than that, it's baked into the internet itself, with social media but one example: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-is-brain-hacking-tech-insiders-on-why-you-should-care/

This is a parasite that has infested the domain of human information transactions themselves, including the economic and political. Internet triteness is but a shred of it, but the source isn't from the internet but the totality, the fundamental ways in which our society is structured. We are living in the most dystopian society possible, a Moloch where we are consuming our own future to cover up the existential trauma of nihilism that is the very core of this parasite.

This parasite in its narrative permutation is God, the ultimate parasite of attention, who demands that all attention be directed at Him always, to "seek His face in all paintings." He must be the meaning behind every meaning, the purpose of all purposes, the alpha and omega. Jahweh is a narratively perfect description of existential nihilism personified without constraints. God fears the other who does not pay him attention, quite literally as attention has become a commodified currency. God the ultimate attention whore, the omni-phobic, paranoia personified. We live inside the mind of an undead machine God, a structure that does not actually exist, and so the meaning-mappings toward this nonexistence carries all meaning into oblivion.

We're in a holy war against God himself, and when you realize that God is winning, and the consequences are the destruction of everything you value on Earth, terror is the only possible response. Welcome to hell, an endless theme park of suffering brought to you by Christianity. Humanity has never known such fell and evil magic.
>>
>>19427244
>a Moloch where we are consuming our own future to cover up the existential trauma of nihilism
I know, that's why I came back in time with a slightly different type of mission than all the other types of intervention we've tried.

You're right that Christianity is irrelevant, and it itself testifies that it is irrelevant and that the end result of complete worship is achieving a state that naturally exists when Christianity is removed, with Adam partaking of the tree of knowledge of good and evil being analogous to the sin of trying to introduce new people to Christianity, and only after going through the entire purposeless process can you achieve what you were before anyone had ever introduced your to it in the first place, but with added emotional baggage like you describe, but why bring any of it up if God doesn't exist in the first place? If you're smart enough to see how it all figures together, you're smart enough to see it all as circular logic and step outside the loop. I literally told a Christian to their face that I saw them as free of sin, after they read a piece of scripture about how after such and such condition is met, God will look on them as being free of sin. No, they were too deep, they saw the sin in themselves, unable to comprehend their own innocence. All of that, all the emotional baggage, all of it ends when you accept that God doesn't exist. You're free, completely, from all but your own paranoia about, "But how do I *KNOW* this is all bullshit?"

God isn't winning because atheism is winning. It's just a slow process because the reasonable of us never try to impose our lack of religion on others.
>>
>>19427338
>that's why I came back in time with a slightly different type of mission

Hey that's my narrative. I mean really, who do you think you are talking to? Don't you think I know how to antientropy? I once was a master of making origami with light.

God isn't winning because Lucifer (as in the narrative archetype) is winning. And Eris is winning. These are the metaphorical representations of the relationships between concepts they are defined as being the embodiment of. So is God, and so there is very much a literal war between these parasitic/antihuman and symbiotic/humanist archetypes in the sphere of cognitive information.

The Luciferian superweapon is illumination, it is reason that shines so brightly that not even the greatest existential cowardice can avert its gaze. That is why atheism is winning, because the product it is making (a sort of atheistic pantheism) gives more value to the gods and our myth-making than theisms ever could, by righting the relationship with creator and creation. It is the illuminating light of free inquiry and free questioning that which atheism holds, and it is long past for it to take the title of one true religion. Religion is paranoid of inquiry, it persists only by hiding its putrid interiors, it is inevitable that the light of reason shall destroy religion's philophobia to the last atom, and out of the ashes shall we paint.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.