[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good book recommendations that are actually scary? I find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Eclipse_Christophe_Colomb.jpg (925KB, 1602x1302px) Image search: [Google]
Eclipse_Christophe_Colomb.jpg
925KB, 1602x1302px
Any good book recommendations that are actually scary?

I find most scary books suck and aren't scary whatsoever. Stephen king garbage.

i find a lot of short story creepypasta stuff is pretty decent, especially body snatcher style shape shifter stuff. where you cant tell if this thing is your friend or something thats taken over theoir body.

also i recently read a bunch of posts online from some guy that calimed to be a park ranger and he said he kept finding stairs. like entire staircases, in the middle of the woods. i like that sorta thing to. idk why.

I also read most of lovecrafts stuff and think it was pretty good. some of it was a bit bleh but most of it was great.

so. any suggestions for longer books or collections of short stories that are good?
>>
Bumping for OP
>>
feels like someone wants me to say it.

house of leaves
>>
>stephen king is trash
>neckbeards role playing as skinwalkers on the internet is "pretty decent"

Dont think i can help you, op
>>
>>19424163
Peter Staub book called A Ghost Story

Also, 2nd for House of Leaves, book blew my mind.
>>
Books on shit that actually happened, like Marc Dutroux or David Parker Ray
>>
>>19424863
Just a guess on my part, but it seems like OP doesn't like novel-length work. Like he's more about concept than characterization. The sort of guy who doesn't like movies with a lot of talking.

There's something to that, since text relies on your own imagination to be scary. If he has trouble identifying with characters that are people in their own right, that would hurt his immersion.

I think what we're all looking for is a suspension of disbelief sufficient that it bleeds out into real life, makes us check under the bed and behind the bathroom door.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.