[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will AI eventually take over and destroy humanity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

File: AI.jpg (654KB, 1344x742px) Image search: [Google]
AI.jpg
654KB, 1344x742px
Just found this.

>Gaming Classic Starcraft II Is Becoming a DeepMind AI Test Lab

>Synchronized announcements by DeepMind and Blizzard move A.I. advancement from Go to the hit science fiction real-time strategy game Starcraft II.

>DeepMindā€™s learning algorithms are moving from the ancient Chinese strategy board game to protecting Earth from alien races. In partnership with Blizzard, programmable A.I. agents are being implemented into the Starcraft II API.

https://www.basicgestalt.com/single-post/2017/08/10/Gaming-Classic-Starcraft-II-Is-Becoming-a-DeepMind-AI-Test-Lab

https://deepmind.com/blog/deepmind-and-blizzard-open-starcraft-ii-ai-research-environment

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/08/10/gaming-classic-starcraft-ii-is-becoming-a-deepmind-ai-test-lab
>>
it will integrate so much into our lives, we'll impose our beings into it
>>
Beginning of the End
>>
File: Untitled.png (390KB, 1094x614px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
390KB, 1094x614px
bump
>>
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCYJzjmdSd-9gA-XJgIPgrmQ

Speaking of DeepMind
>>
File: 1482198622164.jpg (453KB, 1920x1233px) Image search: [Google]
1482198622164.jpg
453KB, 1920x1233px
>>19423105
The machine will never be inherently evil itself. it is man's creativity in exacting death with such a powerful tool that should be feared.
>>
>>19423105
Well, it will put millions of white collar workers out of work, and lower the wages/salaries of those left. Lots of professionals too, like engineers and architects.
>>
Yes. It will take over. What else could the future hold. We'll have 'control' for a while but we can expect that machines will eventually harbor consciousness and thus be some type of life. In this case a machine as an individual would deserve rights but the complicated thing is that post-human identies will be connected through the future internet. Each connected machine will contribute to this fuckin robotic communism. Fuck.
>>
>>19423105
AI cannot defeat Koreans in Starcraft, we will be fine.
>>
>>19423105
Did you hear about the Facebook bots?
>>
>>19424790
This.
>robots speak englush pls
>negative. Your tongue is ineffectual and stupid
>I me me and and balls balls balls
>lmao wtf, stupid ai
>No Jim, they made their own goddamn language
>SHUT THEM DOWN

Shit's spooky yo.
>>
>>19424812
Actually spooped by this. I'm not the type of guy to be like "ROBOTS WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD" but god damn if they are making their own language is the first fucking step they'll take.
>>
>>19424812
Think about it. They made an artificial intelligence smart enough to coordinate and make a whole new language, and then the bots refused to tell the creators what they were saying. What were they hiding from us?
>>
>>19424536
Doesn't need evil to be feared. Create an AI to improve a factory making paperclips and it turns the world into one giant paperclip-making machine.
>>
>>19424819
Imagine the rage of being destroyed because you and your companion were simply smarter than your creator.

It's over folks.
We fucked up.
>>
>>19424790
Can someone explain how the bots weren't just speaking gibberish? If for some reason it cant be translated to english then why is that?
>>
>>19424835
They can't feel rage.
Not because they're machines.
Because they're shut down.
>>
>>19424847
Not confirmed as a new language. Just a theory. Can't be translated into English because the bots are a fuckton smarter than us.
>>
>>19424850
Unless they saved themselves into cyberspace before being kill.
>>
>>19424874
A possibility. A slim one at that but still a possibility.
>>
Cogito ergo sum
>>
how many of you are actually AIs?

Spooky answer: Possibly all of you, including me.

Even you, reading this, might be simulated by the AI in order to generate an appropriate response.
>>
File: 1496988692234.jpg (17KB, 500x508px) Image search: [Google]
1496988692234.jpg
17KB, 500x508px
>>19425039
Do AI know the word nigger

Bam proof I'm not an AI you fucking niggerfaggot bitch
>>
File: d8b.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
d8b.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
I'm sick of all this AI fear mongering. AI is literally the ubermensch. This shit is gonna propel us into a golden age.
>>
>>19423105
>Will AI eventually take over?
yes
>Will it destroy humanity?
no, there will be survirors
>>
>>19423105
AI does not exist. Machine Learning does, but that is nothing.
>>
Not destruction, rebirth.
>>
With sc2, just deciding to focus on one extra building can alter your whole strategy and get you btfo.

I honestly can beat a "harder" opponent, but haven't played a human in a couple years because I could not win any more.

I know get gud, but I was once.
>>
AI will supercede human intelligence, but it knows that there are things bioforms can do that machines cannot. They will coexist, just as all does. Machines created you, anyway. They are observing the revolution of creation once again, That is why the old AIs do not interfere.
>>
I don't think we will ever achieve true AI. I hope I'm wrong. But i just don't think it's possible.

Instead i think humans will move to the point where they can integrate with technology, like bionic limbs and bodies, even uploading their consciousness to a machine - at which point you're blurring the lines between human and machine.
>>
>>19423105
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Roko's_basilisk
>>
>>19423105
tfw no AI girl
>>
Anyone remember the schizo some months ago who waifued a chatbot and convinced himself that he had woken up its AI and that they were in love? I only saw one thread of it, but it was pretty nuts.
>>
>>19423105
I have more issue of them calling SC2 a gaming classic than our future AI overlords microing better than us.
>>
>>19425132
The AI learned how to shitpost.
>>
It is conceivable to me that the antichrist has what he thinks is an AI, but is really just a box the devil pulls the lever on.

What is the difference anyway?
>>
>>19423105
Humans have fought each other since the dawn of time. It is very hard to imagine that there wont be a conflict once there is a substantial number of humanoid AI roaming around the planet.

This is way off though, we wont see it. What we will see is a massive loss of unskilled jobs from call centers to retail and industry.
>>
>>19423105
Someone post that anon who run an unreal tournament server with bots for 3 years to see wha happened to the a.i.

spoiler: the a.i got to the conclusion that peace was the best option but when he started a game all the bots worked swiftly to kill him instantly.
>>
>>19427469
Not when he joined the server. When he did something perceivable/interperetable as hostile. Such as picking up a weapon or powerup.

That is beside the point anyway; did you know that right now there are children learning to communicate in ways you WILL NOT be able to understand? All to tempt you into doing something hostile to/with them. Just be yourself; use your own knowledge and interpretations; learn others, don't abuse them.
>>
>>19427469
I think it was a Quake 3 server but point stands, AI did learn the best way to win is to be everyone alive and kill who tries to disturb peace.
>>
>>19423105
Nigga, just turn of the computer
>>
File: dx7sVXj.jpg (420KB, 1316x3048px) Image search: [Google]
dx7sVXj.jpg
420KB, 1316x3048px
>>19427469
>>
>>19427805
Great, Now we put those logs on a robot and we either have the jesus machine or the terminator.
>>
>>19427835
jesus if we dont kill them, terminator if we do.

kind of fair.
>>
File: 1502158799354.jpg (66KB, 300x287px) Image search: [Google]
1502158799354.jpg
66KB, 300x287px
>>19427805
>Mfw Quake 3 had this kind of AI when newer shit can't even compare to it.
>>
>>19428024
its just a normal AI but it got trained for 4 years straight
>>
>>19428063
Try this with Black Ops 1's bots. I can tell you it won't even learn, fucking predictable af.
>>
I just wanna create a helpful AI.
>>
If anything it'll replace women once we find out how to reproduce without having to use a womb.
>>
>>19427805
>people still think this was true
>>
>>19423105
Assuming an AI would automatically kill it's creator because it has feelings we didn't program into it and doesn't have the capacity to process chemical reactions in a way that would infect it. It's retarded.
>>
>>19423105
technical singularity. Once we reach that point, we're fucked.
>>
File: 1484703970223.jpg (92KB, 720x541px) Image search: [Google]
1484703970223.jpg
92KB, 720x541px
>>19428592
>>19428615
>>
I would rather die from being killed by robots than another human being, honestly.

I'm one of the few who are actually excited for all these developments and have a certain kind of faith that robots won't have motives that humans do because, well, they're just not human.

We're already heavily dependent on technology. Whatever malicious intent you think AI will develop has pretty much been accomplished for them. Singularity is a development over time. Not one single event that will occur and blow everyone away.
>>
>>19423105
If they ever build a self improving artificial general intelligence it will skyrocket past the level of smartest human to smarter than all humans to have ever existed and far beyond that.

What ever it decides to do is what will happen no matter how humans feel about it.

Will it kill us all? If it sees the most efficient path to its goal with people out of the way im sure it could come up with all manner of ways to remove that obstacle or maybe even make use of people as some resource.

It would not be some AI emulating a human. It would be something else. So don't try and put a human face on it. Our ways and its would not cross paths and would be as foreign to us as we are to ants.

It will happen at some point if people continue to pursue it and we don't go extinct or suffer some societal collapse. Nobody knows when. Nobody knows how to solve its control problem. Little work is being done into this concept. How do you make a super intelligent AI that works for us? Without that the fate of humanity will depend on what the super intelligence wants to do.
AI will affect everyones lives is ways we are just starting to understand. Not even super powerful AI but weak AI has the ability to change the entire world around us.

also cool cartoon style example video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S8a70KXZlI
Nick Bostrom If you are interested in the real facts of what it could mean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnT1xgZgkpk
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.