[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about shamanism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: th (2).jpg (15KB, 306x162px) Image search: [Google]
th (2).jpg
15KB, 306x162px
Tell me about shamanism
>>
its about ritual and providing ritual for others to give them the initiation or closure to certain stages of life that they never received

of course not all do that, but it is supossed to work with a sensation seeking mindset
>>
File: tumblr_okwy1zS9mA1spd0keo1_1280.jpg (691KB, 723x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_okwy1zS9mA1spd0keo1_1280.jpg
691KB, 723x900px
I'll crosspost from /fringe/'s shamanism thread.

Sure, I can try. I'll only be handing out my own experiences, but I hope it helps.

For me, I was chosen because my early life experiences(0-6 early) made me mentally suitable, and I would not have survived without their assistance. As far as I have been able to tell, they literally reached into me and cured me of a crippling, ordinarily incurable disease just to make use of me.

Forced spirit rape. AHaha. AHSAHGSHGS. Yes, the first times they reached out to me was in horrifying nightmares. Learned my first rituals that way. Forced spirit rape is a word for it.

For me, 'breaking' me was to mold me into what they needed. I can only assume that is how it is for most; they make you into what they need and create a front that is useful for them to wield.

I'm not sure what he means by 'code'… but I did get a keen understanding of myself, the way I'm programmed, and my internal functions physical, mental, and spiritual as a result of watching those functions be painfully torqued and mutated and rewritten for years. Constantly. I'm not traumatized, what makes you think I'm traumatized?

The pros and cons are 'someone has to do it' and 'wow, I'm perfect for this job because I am a tool forged for decades to perform this singular task'. It's… existential. I am not as intimately familiar with other ways of doing things, so I don't know what he means.

Whatever kind of Karma or Dharma or whatever can earn you this, avoid it. Apparently I was a soldier repeatedly in past lives, so maybe that's it.
>>
>>19419003
surely this isn't all of shamanism.
>>
File: shaman.jpg (188KB, 967x826px) Image search: [Google]
shaman.jpg
188KB, 967x826px
A shaman must first have his own vision-quests.
>>
File: IMG_0286.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0286.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
This is a horrendously generalized summary but a shaman (often called a medicine-man (not always the same thing)) was the specialized healer and spiritual leader of many societies that were transitioning from hunter-gathering to agriculture. Akin to a priest in some aspects , they were regarded as the earthly conduits through which humanity and the "spirit-world" (or the divine nature) could interact.
This divine realm can have its own twists in the theology depending on which shamanic culture you're referring to, but its most frequently accessed by ways of entering a trance. Through rhythmic drumming, meditation, social (and/or) sensory deprivation, or mind altering substances, the shaman's mind or soul is transported upwards to a realm where they can meet other beings and gain knowledge. Usually knowledge of the divine, medical/botanical knowledge, or info about past and future events.

Check out the curanderos or the ayahuasqueros if you want cool examples but there are lots of cultures which had shamanic healers

t. homegrown shaman
>>
>>19419162
How do I enter this culture? It seems difficult in a modern industrial society.
>>
>>19418939
All cultures were shamanic at some point, and human religion derives directly from it.
>>
>>19419162
>>19419178
Virtually impossible without another shaman to induct you into the tradition. Don't even think about asking "I'm looking for a shaman teacher" around town, most are crooks and sharlitans. I was lucky to find another shamanic inductee and he taught me everything he was learning; close buds and all, but I'm not an official inductee myself.

>>19419046 pulled out of his ass, you could very well find your own channel to access the spirit-realm by withdrawing from society and becoming a temporary forest dweller (vision-quest what have you) seeking after enlightenment and what have you.
>>
>>19419322
Well then how do I find another?
>>
>>19419365
You might run into some if you're good at faith-hopping, that's how I met my buddy, but like I said, most shamanism is bullshit nowadays except for private practice.
I dunno, try to get in touch with (your) nature and figure out why you really wanna explore this path. Usually draws that kind of shit to you to know what you're about
>>
>>19418939
I hope you like drums and trances.
>>
File: noRealWiccan.jpg (44KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
noRealWiccan.jpg
44KB, 360x360px
>>19418939

Being one will get you laid at Burning Man... by someone who would willingly attend the Burning Man... Let that sink in.
>>
Sarumanism?
>>
Shamanism/Tengrism is essentially what humanity had before actual "mystery schools" were developed, it's a remnant of even pre-Atlantean times. Essentially shamans, via trial-and-error and oral teachings spanning back vast amounts of time in history, have discovered certain aspects of the etheric/astral/mental planes and were thus able to heal others and communicate with spirits, develop spiritual systems for their tribes, etc.

There really isn't much point in purposely "pursuing" shamanism today, if you want to get into these things you would probably be better off following a well-laid-out system like Bardon's Initiation Into Hermetics or Rudolf Steiner's methods. But if you are interested in learning about shamanism for the hell of it, the books by Carlos Castaneda are the ones you should check out.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.