[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hinduism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: Ravi_Varma-Lakshmi.jpg (158KB, 636x900px) Image search: [Google]
Ravi_Varma-Lakshmi.jpg
158KB, 636x900px
Whats the point with Hinduism? Is someone here actively practicing it? All those western Yoga faggots who claim to be into it are essentially huge betacucks in my opinion desperately trying to escape those evil 'Christian' dogmas or just want to feel special. Is there an uncucked tradition as well?
>>
I practice Jnana Yoga.
The purpose is to have a mystical experience and eventually a permanent union with the Godhead.
Namaste.
>>
>>19418293
read kali kaula by jean fries - after first 100 pages youll understand more than most western people that live off that stuff
>>
>>19418320
To me the Godhead is Brahman. The sole divine reality or totality of existence which is pure existence-knowing-love. I basically follow the Upanishads, and think that the sages actually did uncover a divine truth and told others about it. I think the subsequent Gods are just myths. The true God of humanity is the Inner Self, which is identical to Brahman.
>>
Hinduism is totally fucked.

They dont know that Kali is Inanna, Isis or Ishtar.

Their gods are Anunnaki.
>>
Inanna was given rule to the 3rd region known as the Indus Valley.

India.
>>
>>19418350
>They dont know that Kali is Inanna, Isis or Ishtar.

Because that's nonsense you mongrel
>>
>>19418350
>>19418353
I don't think Kali is even in the top three most popular Hindu deities though
>>
File: Julius_Evola.png (64KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
Julius_Evola.png
64KB, 220x293px
Is there a left hand path in Hinduism? I dont think Evola practiced mainstream Hindu
>>
>>19418293

I don't practice Hinduism, but I like it a lot more than Christianity because it offers far more compelling ideas for how life and the cosmos work. In Hinduism, what you would call the devil is a manifestation of God like anything else. The devil serves a purpose; there is no war for our souls. Just a ballroom dance in the darkness.

Christian rhetoric is so nonsensical it makes me sick.

BUT, if I lived in India, I'm sure Hindu rhetoric would seem backwards and retarded. It's the fact that I can interpret the Hindu religion without too much interference that I admire it. I do admire Christianity, and indeed all Abraham religions, but the ideologues are too numerous and noisy where I live to have any meaningful or fulfilling conversation.

I'm probably closest to Buddhist, without actually being Buddhist. Daoism is also pretty cool.

Basically every ideology, philosophy or religion, has its merits and intrigue.

Why cuck yourself with one religion and retarded concepts like religious cuckholdry? Good God cuck is such an ugly word. I feel just by using it I'm devaluing myself.
>>
>>19418371
sum lhp tantric schools exist google dat shiet broseph
>>
>>19418358
No, but think about Shiva, and the Trident or Trishula that is his Symbol.

Its like Neptune, Poseidon or Enki.

Or Indra who is like Zeus or Enlil who is known for the Lightning bolt and bringing the Flood.

These Anunna gods or Asura / Deva are sons of the Father god.

The Sumerians called him Anu

Hindu had another name for the Father, Brahma.
>>
>>19418392
>Christian rhetoric is so nonsensical it makes me sick.
Could you explain what you mean a bit more?
I am curious.
>>
File: radha-madhuram.jpg (263KB, 640x973px) Image search: [Google]
radha-madhuram.jpg
263KB, 640x973px
>>19418293
Sanatan-dharma lists four main goals in a life: kama (sensory pleasure), artha (economic development/wealth), dharma (ethics/morality/religion), and mukti (liberation). Those are in increasing order in terms of which has overriding importance. The original Vedas did not speak of mukti, which was added later in the Upanishads.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puru%E1%B9%A3%C4%81rtha

My own Gaudiya Vaishnava tradition states above mukti is bhakti, devotional loving service to the Supreme.
> SB 7.6.25 — Nothing is unobtainable for devotees who have satisfied the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is the cause of all causes, the original source of everything. The Lord is the reservoir of unlimited spiritual qualities. For devotees, therefore, who are transcendental to the modes of material nature, what is the use of following the principles of religion, economic development, sense gratification and liberation, which are all automatically obtainable under the influence of the modes of nature? We devotees always glorify the lotus feet of the Lord, and therefore we need not ask for anything in terms of dharma, kāma, artha and mokṣa.

>>19418320
Depends on the tradition. Some say the Godhead is a lesser manifestation of Brahman. Some say we are all forms of the Godhead. In GV, the Godhead has infinite forms, but this does not include the jivas, the energy of God that is a limited soul.
>>
>>19418423

Specifically, the ideas that humans have original sin; that Jesus is our savior for these sins; that we must praise Jesus to be saved from damnation; the entire idea of Hell (as opposed to Sheol, I believe it's called, which is a spiritual suffering derived from separation from God, while Hell is often depicted to be something far more cruel).

I don't believe Jesus should by any means be the only true path to God and salvation.

I think that finding a personal connection with God, Buddha-nature, the eternal Dao, the universe, the highest self, or whatever you might call it, SHOULD suffice for all spiritual purposes.

I believe that all perpetrators and victims are in fact the same entity, but with different faces. I don't believe God would punish himself for hurting himself. That just compounds the suffering.

However, Christians are more likely to believe that we are not a part of God, that we are our own entities, and thus have no claim to divinity unless we jump through very specific, ritualistic, hoops.

Now, that said, maybe my words were too harsh. It's not Christianity, or the Bible, that makes me sick. It is the ideologues who refuse to allow me my own personal interpretation and relationship with God, that sicken me.

If two people read the Bible and interpret it differently, aren't they both being inspired by the same divinity? If human nature inherently leads to flawed perception and sinful action, then neither interpreter of the scripture is inherently more correct than the other, whether one is a peasant or one is a priest.

I think, anyway. My uncle has recently become a born-again, and conversations about faith with him have become insufferable. Same deal with my grandfather. They have very little tolerance for interpretation outside of their own.

I'm more than willing to listen to them the same way I've listened to every religion to an extent. But listening isn't enough; they take offense to my questions and alternative ideas.
>>
>>19418423

For the record, Jesus is a figure I do in fact revere, but no moreso than Lady Kannon. This isn't enough for most Christians I know. To them I am "lost", ignorant, et cetera.

It's not enough to seek God through my own heart. It's their way or the highway. I think that is a sign of being spiritually lost, personally. Maybe people like that indeed need a shepherd.

But God and I are good. I don't need a shepherd when my heart of hearts guides me to the purest light.
>>
>>19418423

Oh, one more thing, sorry. The idea that Satan opposes God and can somehow wage war against God is something that never stuck with me.

If there is any truth to the Bible, I'm more inclined to believe that Satan loves God, works for God, and defies God because that is God's purpose for him. Just as the angel Death serves a grim but necessary duty, I believe that so do Lucifer and all Shaytan (an Islamic term);

I believe that it isn't God they oppose, but perhaps the false servants of God. Even that is a stretch though, because I don't believe in such metaphysical warfare.

I'm more inclined to believe that wars are pretty small-scale in comparison to individual souls trying to find their way, regardless of where they might align themselves.

After all, waging war against GOD of all things sounds like the most futile and hopeless endeavor, especially to someone like me who believes God loves all creation and freewill too much to retaliate with force or violence, instead of overwhelming love and understanding.
>>
>>19418449
>>19418459
Interesting
I disagree with the idea that Jesus shouldn't be the only true path to God and salvation but I agree with you on pretty much everything else. I just think human beings are the perfect imperfect beings and that we can't be left alone to our own deceives.
>>19418483
>I'm more inclined to believe that Satan loves God, works for God, and defies God because that is God's purpose for him.
I have a similar theory for Judas Iscariot.
>>
>>19418495

Thanks, you seem reasonable. I don't think Christians and Christianity are/is all bad or intolerant, not by a long shot. It's like any other ideology.

I just got dealt a challenging hand when it comes to my family and their choice and type of worship. My dad feels pretty similarly to the way I do, and I'm extremely grateful I was given the freedom to explore.
>>
>>19418515
>I'm extremely grateful I was given the freedom to explore.
Oh yeah sure same here recently I have been exploring eastern region and I think I have found a nice harmony between Christianity and Buddhism and I plan to continue my research after a few struggles with my faith but I completely agree with a lot of the ideas you wrote about.
Happy travels Anon, may you find what you seek.
>>
>>19418449
I really wish I could tell you why you're wrong but I don't have the energy atm
>>
>>19418567
That said go read the book called the union jack and you'll quickly see why new ageism, nature worship and religious tolerance is bad not just from a dogmatic standpoint but a spiritual one
>>
>>19418572
What's wrong with nature and religious tolerance? Sounds like a book for goyim.
>>
>>19418592
Nature worship is bad because it worships the creation not the creator. I don't think you know what goyim means, goyim is a non jew
>>
>>19418567
>>19418572

You should really find the energy to summarize your points, instead of expecting me to find the energy to read an entire book to understand your point for you.

I WANT you to open my mind, even if it's in a way I'm not expecting or might be emotionally opposed to at first.

However, you have to understand, I am not spiritually malleable. I suspect that is what you are warning me about; my own naivety and search for answers leading me to manipulation.

I deny the insanity of the very religions I claim to relate to the most, just as much as I deny the insanity of Abraham religions, which I also revere but do not follow.

Tell me, what is wrong with a discerning, critical eye, synthesizing their own philosophy?

I'm much too paranoid to be led astray by fleeting sentiments from charismatic figures. The good things stick; the things I deem necessary to my own spiritual well-being.

Also, I am EXTREMELY wary of MANY new-age ideas. Trust me, I've met people of the new age movement that have made me cringe ten times harder than any Bible thumper.
>>
>>19418598
What exactly is it that you believe spiritually or religiously, I can't get anywhere if I don't know what I'm working with
>>
>>19418293
>Whats the point with Hinduism?

Realization of the self as the all-encompassing Brahman, One without second, free from the 3 illusory worlds of waking, dreaming and deep sleep. Free from the perpetual cycle of ignorance, suffering, death, rebirth. Existing as absolute existence, consciousness, bliss.

>Is someone here actively practicing it?

Yes but practice means limited interactions with people unless it can be turned into a means of practice, like I try to do at this moment (e.g. karma yoga).

>Is there an uncucked tradition as well?

The Upanishads advocate solitude and abandonment of Vedic ritual once you get your bearings in regards to meditation. This means no one is to come between you and the absolute reality. Only the Guru* assists. The approach to higher knowledge is as direct as can be.

*a true realized Guru who is indistinguishable from Brahman

^Note this path is a rarity these days, but that is not the fault of the sages who came before. Its up to the sincere disciple to put forth the necessary effort and hold their words above all non-authoritative proclamations of "truth." This means follow the Sruti (Vedas) first and foremost.
>>
>>19418596
But what about religious tolerance?
>>
>>19418622
the church itself shouldn't tolerate other religions because the church is supposed to be made up of people of true faith that there is a one triune god who has a son named jesus christ, if the church starts the whole "all religions have a kernal of truth mannn" bullshit they are undermining their own belief in jesus and thus their salvation
>>
>>19418610

Truly? I ultimately believe that everything will be alright, no matter who you are or what you've done. All will be forgiven when we reunite with the highest self, God itself, because we are each fragments of that same entity. Every wave and particle, every plant and animal, and every conceptual or abstract existence, is ultimately the very same being trying to experience and express itself in different ways.

I am not God, but God is me. Like how my hand is not me, but I am in my hand.

I believe that all darkness and evil are shadows born from a light that is love. Evils happen when love convolutes against itself.

I believe that we are imperfect individual pieces, but the sum itself is perfection.

All worries and problems, all sins and hells, are ultimately fleeting, not eternal.

Some selves might take longer to realize the unity with God than others, but it will happen for everyone and everything eventually.

But... most of all, I believe that it is far above my, or anyone's, "pay-grade" to claim to know or understand God in any but the most superficial of ways. We are not mentally equipped to understand God, so therefore I believe that the most I can know is next to nothing.

And because I believe that we all know next to nothing, the true path to God is through praying to him from my heart, and asking him to show me the truth in the way he sees most fitting for me.

I believe God has answered my prayers and continues to show me the truth, little by little, in a way that only he knows I can understand.

I believe that God is loving enough to forgive transgressions and ignorance, because no matter how much claims to know what they are doing when they sin, I believe that they do in fact not clearly understand.

God is merciful and there's absolutely not a single thing to be afraid of. At worst, you could deny God and choose to not exist, and he would acquiesce out of love for your freewill.

Explaining this is hard and taxing.
>>
>>19418681

The church shouldn't be so worried about its own existence as much as it should be worried about carrying out God's will and uplifting the spirituality of all.

I dare say it should be in the church's character to martyr itself for a better world. If killing itself with tolerance is the means of this martyrdom, then I believe that is all the more beautiful and compelling.
>>
>>19418733
the only way the church can uplift us all is by preaching the gospel of jesus christ, not by preaching new age utopian bullshit
>>
>>19418681
>because the church is supposed to be made up of people of true faith
I mean you can walk into any church without religious tolerance and that is still a rare find.
>f the church starts the whole "all religions have a kernal of truth mannn" bullshit they are undermining their own belief in jesus and thus their salvation
I don't think that true though I think some religions are completely compatible with the church and in fact make the church better.
>>
>>19418552
>Happy travels Anon, may you find what you seek.

Ah, I wanted to say the same to you. I actually do feel something akin to envy for people who find brotherhood in their faith. We may not share the exact same faith, but I feel a brotherhood.

I wish you the best and hope that your studies allow you to bring people together in only the best way imaginable.
>>
>>19418750

But what if those are the old ways, and it is time for new ways, just as it was for the Jews in the time of Jesus?
>>
>>19418411
This anon is literally doing Gods work.
>>
>>19418790

Yeah bro, his post is literally giving the 411.
>>19418411
>411
>>
The purpose of Hinduism is mukti or liberation, but there are MANY traditions in Hinduism since it is not a homogeneous religion like Christianity. Many Hindus would laugh in your face if you suggest that the Vedas are the Bible of Hinduism.
>>
>>19418705
Have you looked into the philosophy of Gaudiya Vaishnavism? Many things you say align with acintya-bhedabheda. The main difference being the "all one person" bit. I doesn't seem to me that you are keen toward being initiated into GV, but I think you would find great insights and leaping points to hone your devotion. Replace the concept of Satan - ruler of the material and in opposition to God - with the concept of Maya - a devotee of God's whose service is to delude the souls that wish to believe they are separate from God, and test them to see when they are ready to return to to spiritual existence. I also would disagree with the Christian concept of Original Sin, but don't want to ramble at you if there's no interest.

On a less sectarian note, have you read up on panentheism?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achintya_Bheda_Abheda
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panentheism
>>
File: stamper.jpg (17KB, 350x250px) Image search: [Google]
stamper.jpg
17KB, 350x250px
And what if the truest religion has been lost?

What if it was Manichaeism?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.