[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LUCK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: LUCK.jpg (37KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
LUCK.jpg
37KB, 600x350px
Do you believe in luck, /x/? Does it exist and is there finite amount of it? Can it run out?
I turned 27 a couple of months ago and got thinking about my life. In my opinion I was really, really lucky all my life. It shows not only in the little things, like finding money on the street on almost a daily basis, getting lucky breaks at work all the time and being at the right time in the right places. It also can be seen as theme in my entire life. I never did anything or actually tried to achieve anything, but things always just turn out my way and free shit just keeps dropping in to my lap. I skipped most of my high school to play video games and hang out with slut, got horrible grades, yet somehow got in to the uni. Got a steady job that i like right after it, found apartment that is perfect within a week. My wife started our dating life by approaching me and so on. My whole life has been a one long winning streak.
However, I'm kinda getting paranoid lately and i'm afraid that one day it may run out. Since I really didn't have to deal with anything challenging in my life. I really believe in luck and wanted to ask you, is it possible to prolong it, how about amplifying it?
TL:DR
Do you believe in luck? Can you amplify it?
>>
Yes.
Luck is on a scale of 1-7
Having 4 luck is considered VERY lucky. Having 1 luck is bad, but it wont impact you in a way that you cant overcome. 0 luck is very bad, and luck CAN go in the negative, buts it's rare and only happens when you use it on credit so to speak. That can happen when you get really drunk or take some drugs and find out you had a really lucky thing happen that night/day.
Luck is not finite. But you only have a finite amount of it at any given time. You have an income of luck, it sounds like yours OP is quite high. I'd say it's a 3.
Its true your luck can change and this is caused by an incredible amount of factors so i wont go into detail. But for the most part, your karma meme score plays a part, good karma adds a little bit of income. Living morally healthy improves it. But things like curses also impact luck. Regardless if you believe in them or not.
>>
>>19417892
Really can't tell if you are fucking with me or not, but I'll bite. Where do you get your information from? How can I improve my luck and how did you calculate that mine is "3"? What are some reliable sources of information on luck?
>>
Luck is delayed karmic fruits.

That is, the delayed fruition of cause and effect.

The delay can be quite long too, sometimes karmic fruits can stem from actions made lifetimes ago.
>>
>>19417995
>Luck is delayed karmic fruits
Then I'm fucked, since I don't live a very moral life. Never did, yet I'm lucky as all hell. I wouldn't say that I'm immoral, never hurt anyone, but neither did I help people in need. The only objectively bad thing I did is breaking up a family, but that's about it.
>>
>>19418014
You also have to consider what you may consider lucky to be the opposite of what is beneficial for you in the long-term.

For example, anything which helps you to grow and attain knowledge of the self is good, even if its a hardship or unpleasant experience. Conversely, anything which may be enjoyable but drags you down into worldliness and ignorance of the eternal self, is nothing but misfortune, no matter how appealing it may appear.
>>
>>19417852
if you believe that your "luck" will run out, then it will. try not to think about it
>>
>>19417852
It sounds like you have learned to play the Game well. Watch for the signs.

"Masquerading as a man with a reason
My charade is the event of the season
And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know
On a stormy sea of moving emotion
Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean
I set a course for winds of FORTUNE, but I hear the voices say
Carry on my wayward son
For there'll be peace when you are done"
>>
>>19418033

Actually I've been thinking about that also. My life was so easy, that I'm afraid that any kind of hardship can break me. Also, I haven't been self improving for last seven years at all and that bugs me. On the other hand I now have a loving wife and two children, job and we're planing to buy a house, so I don't really have any pressure or a drive for improvement. I tried reading, learning new skills and taking care of my body, but nothing really sticks. I'm afraid I just don't know HOW to improve myself. I never had to do anything, even studying was done mostly for me by my girlfriends and buddies. That's why im afraid that my luck will run dry.
>>
>>19418079
>I tried reading, learning new skills and taking care of my body, but nothing really sticks. I'm afraid I just don't know HOW to improve myself.

Bhagavad Gita and the Imitation of Christ are two solid works for making yourself prepared for all of lifes challenges.

For the Gita, I wouldn't recommend the "As it Is" version. Instead, I'd go with the Sivananda or Chinmaya commentaries. Also, if you don't want to read, you can always find audio lectures like this: https://www.arshabodha.org/gita2011.html

As for the Imitation of Christ. It has extremely solid advice for such a short work. Adhere to it as best you can and you will no doubt be better off than you've ever been. Its a relatively easy read too, and shouldn't take too long.

Also keep in mind the idea that the more you endeavor to better yourself, the more you are helped in return, by what some would call mysterious "lucky" forces. Again sometimes not enjoyable at the time, but always in your favor after the dust clears.
>>
>>19418117
Thanks mate, I'll try the lecture and maybe Imitation of Christ, if I can find a physical copy.
>>
File: 1502147647899.jpg (23KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
1502147647899.jpg
23KB, 500x342px
>>19418052
>>
>>19417852
Luck doesn't exist in the sense of something quantifiable. Luck is just the name we describe to certain favorable outcomes. The universe doesn't care if you find money on the street. It's just something that is.

Is it lucky when a tree absorbs the right amount of nutrients? Is it lucky when the white blood cell eats the bacterium? Is it lucky when an atom fills its valence shell?
>>
>>19419015
Then why some people are luckier than others?
>>
attitude is a part of it, something i've been working on myself for awhile. when i let go and mentally relax, i get into the flow and "luck" seems to rise. a change in perception opens up possibilities. even now, i have to remind myself to stop constricting my shoulders and chill.

op, you probably have a good overall view and attitude about yourself and life. ?
>>
>>19419448
>you probably have a good overall view and attitude about yourself and life?
Well, I'm always optimistic and positive. Sometimes annoyingly so, according to my wife. Altough I'm not sure, is it the cause of my "luck" or it's effect. I have some kind of certainty, that I just can't shake. No matter what happens, I'm always optimistic about it.
Not trying to sound like a hippie faggot, by the way.
>>
i had an inkling. yes, i believe that precise outlook is an important element to those lucky moments. most if not all people i have observed seem to have this POV.

it ties in with faith and confidence in yourself, essentially the foundation of spiritual and self-improvement imo.
>>
>>19419015
You're talking about nature being nature. That's not luck it's instinct cmon
>>
>>19417852
No.
Luck is coincidence explained to dummies.
Also subjective.
>>
>>19420945
Well, why do some people have favorable coincidences showered upon then and majority doesn't?
>>
>>19419476
its confidence that does most of this. things aren't "just happening"
you have already set yourself up to be in a good place, with a good attitude through previous actions

is impossible to trace all the little things that you do (surround yourself with positive people, know what your objectives are so you pursue them directly, don't be a dick are some) that eventually end up that way but it's you that did it, not some "luck" stat
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.