[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am a sceptic, but i want to believe very much. Give me your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8

File: molder and skali.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
molder and skali.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
I am a sceptic, but i want to believe very much. Give me your reasons. Why do you believe in paranormal stuff?
>>
>>19416602
Because dragons are real to me.
>>
I disbelieve in all the specific paranormal "stuff", but lurk forums like this because I've had extremely bizarre experiences while wide awake and not intoxicated. They've been of limited, consistent types and have occurred while I was wide awake.

Also I used to manifest quarters by believing they'd be where I looked for them. And if it didn't work, if I didn't find a quarter in that spot, I'd do it again. With the same spot. Until it had a quarter in it.

I don't know WTF reality is, but consistent is a thing it isn't quite.
>>
>>19416602
I am exactly like you. If it was possible in this garbage of a planet I would even be a "paranormal investigator". Well, to do this you need to be rich af as it is time consuming and wastes much of your money as well.

Anyways, people like to believe in the paranormal because it adds to life. Life is boring as it is, and we need something more, and it also makes us more open to the idea that there is something after death and that consoles them because they cannot deal with the idea that nothing happens after death - a black screen.

It also gives religious people comfort as everything bad that happens to them they say "god wanted this, i didnt do anything wrong"

tl;dr people that believe paranormal shit their pants from fear of death and avoid all responsibilities
OR
weak minded people that accept ideas without facts
>>
>>19416636
you don't need much money to explore spooky places in your location
>>
>>19416613
It looks like the losers are coming out of the woodwork to wank about how superior they are to the "gullibles" again, so it looks like I'll have to emphasize how the empathy exercise works here.

I don't care if others don't believe. It's perfectly rational not to believe. Just as I disbelieve almost everything paranormal for lack of evidence, nobody should believe me for lack of evidence. If you never see anything weird, go on with your life, and definitely don't believe in random shit you read online.

However... I once got stuck on the wrong side of town, with no phone and no money, and I used a payphone nevertheless. I repetitiously searched my pockets for the money I didn't bring until I had accrued enough manifested quarters to make a necessary phone call. That shit is memorable forever. And it's why you should or shouldn't believe in the paranormal in a nutshell - something happened to give me cause to believe that something weird was going on. If you never have that evidence, you shouldn't believe in weirdness. Easy belief sells your soul cheap.
>>
The only thing I know for sure and have seen with my own eyes is this:

The US government has technology to defy and create gravity fields. Whether they obtained it from et's is a mater of speculation.
>>
>>19416658
Bullshit. Story.
>>
>>19416602
Because I've personally encountered it. I'm usually a skeptic but seeing them made me a believer.
>>
>>19416650
There are none. Also as paranormal investigator I would travel abroad to see the most """haunted""" places in the world, not visit some old shack that some kid told me he saw a ghost at.
>>
>>19416655
>I repetitiously searched my pockets for the money I didn't bring until I had accrued enough manifested quarters to make a necessary phone call.
HAHAHAH this is some gold comedy shit right here

Nice reverse psychology with the "yeah i dont believe im like you" games, but man thats some funny shit

Believe me if anyone could >manifest coins, he couod manifest 100 dollar bills and be currently on some island with 10 hookers and a plate of coke

Fuck off with your RP garbage lmao

>manifested quarters
BAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>19416602
idk the paranormal pulled me like a magnet from a young age

i remember looking into books for matures which was about alchemy, wizards and magic when i was 9 or 10
>>
File: tesla.jpg (13KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
tesla.jpg
13KB, 300x168px
>>19416669

okay faggot
>>
>>19416658
Seeing a video on youtube by a conspiracy nut is not seeing with your own eyes.
>>
File: IMG_20170705_154146.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170705_154146.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>19416602
I've seen giant balls of white light the size of small office buildings hover over a mountain about a 1,000 yards from myself and my father and then blink out--they drowned out all sound. I even saw a classic silver disc once that blinked out as well; there were blackhawk helicopters in the area at the time. I've been in the deep woods and encountered shadow people and found a beheaded dog once in that area as well. I've experienced a very fucked up ghost encounter with a friend in an 250~ year old cemetery that involved being touched, voices, cold spots, electrical crackling and finally a blood-curdling scream (and I've heard foxes and rabbits before); it was like a banshee. I've seen an amorphous, glowing green cloud pass over the PA turnpike dripping glowing green stuff that looked like anti-freeze and filled my head with a buzzing sound like radio static.

Not far from where I live a man was killed in relation to a UFO incident. Look him up, his name was Todd Sees of Northumberland County. The FBI covered it up: http://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/p/todd-sees-investigation.html

I believe as I've seen this in the couple dozen years I've been alive and it's spooky as fuck.
>>
>>19416741
Its funny how you either never experience anything or you experience ghosts and aliens throughout your life...
Almost like the difference between healthy and mentally ill people..
>>
i've had undeniable shared experiences and undeniable solitary ones

aside from that the more i learn the more i see add up

it's been unavoidable for me
>>
>>19416741
Seen the same lights working for a mining company in outback australia. They are called nim nim lights and everyone reckons they are aboriginal spirits or some shit. One followed me at a distance of 300m(500ft) id guess for 10km after work truck broke down at night. Creepy shit, would walk over a hill look back and sure enough every step i took it would advance forward over the hill matching my pace exactly. Never seen pockets of natural gas light up like that and it sure as fuck wasn't a mirage.. was like someone shining a very bright torch onto the ground with a footprint about the size of a house.
>>
>>19416760
I have to reason to make such claims as I seek no notoriety or acclaim from it. I am simply a witness reporting what I saw and experienced, and what those who were with me experienced as well. I live an average life of with no disarray in my cognitive faculties, nor does it run in my family. Using the ad hominen approach won't gain you friends.

But, believe what you will, it doesn't matter in the end.
>>
>>19416760

it's easy to judge, but without actual knowledge or practice you're just talking about things you don't know

if you're willing to open your mind up you might feel differently

third eye meditation is a good start

easier said than done, but you focus on the space between your eyes and clear your head with your eyes closed "look up" (this helps) eventually you'll feel pressure, focus on the pressure and let it build, when it becomes unbearable imagineyour third eye opening in that spot

if you practice you'll get it and you'll know immediately whether or not you did it

even if you don't believe in anything it feels euphoric, like heroin...so regardless it's worthwhile to try

if you have trouble binaural beats help some people
>>
>>19416602
Because to believe we know everything is a way of living in voluntary ignorance
>>
File: will-o-the-wisp.jpg (39KB, 800x561px) Image search: [Google]
will-o-the-wisp.jpg
39KB, 800x561px
>>19416776
Nim nim lights, eh? I'll have too look 'em up.

I've seen will o' the wisp before, they were blue, but they were as you mentioned, natural gas as my area is one giant gas field in the Allegheny mountains. Still masmerizing even when you can explain it.
>>
>>19416602
If you want to believe, it really depends on how lucky or unlucky you are. Because the only way to fully believe is to encounter something.

What I personally encountered might just have been a simple man, but he was standing alone, in middle of a city street with no sign of life or any sound coming from anywhere. Just looking at him made me experience for the first time how it felt like to have all strength drained from you body with fear and the numbness that follows. I have no recollection of him, or the day I encountered him. The last thing I remember is a frown and losing my strength. According to everyone else, I came home breathless and went to sleep right away, around 3 PM. They even called a doctor to check on me. But even if that was just a man and nothing more, I felt fear. For the first time in my life, I feared for my life. I lost countless nights of sleep after that. A simple encounter with a man made me believe.
>>
>>19416602
I was crippled in an accident when I was a teenager. My whole fucking life was stolen from me before it even fucking began. There's no hope for me in this world. My only hope is that there's another world after this one. That's why I want to believe.
>>
>>19416760
That's not how it works. For example, there have been total atheists who had NDEs and became convinced that consciousness is non-physical.
>>
File: greatpyramidcoord2.png (581KB, 539x850px) Image search: [Google]
greatpyramidcoord2.png
581KB, 539x850px
>>19416602
>I am a sceptic, but i want to believe very much. Give me your reasons. Why do you believe in paranormal stuff?

I believe in the gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4XdACQWGwI
>>
>>19416785
>we don't know everything

it doesn't mean that ghosts and demons are real, you know that? xD

>>19417146
>i'm gonna believe in bullshit because it's better than my real life

seems legit
>>
>>19416693
what proof is that?
>>
>>19417257
that thing with giza is debunked xD
>>
>>19417311
Fuck off.
>>
>>19417347
convincing argument
>>
>>19417363
No less convincing than just saying "Ghosts don't exist, end of debate" or being needlessly cruel to someone who's already in a fucked up situation.
>>
>>19416602
I just believe in paranormal things to believe in anything at all.

I mean, really. Look at this world. We can live 80 years or more, have good lifes, have bad lifes but in the end we all fall into graves and rott away.

I want to believe that there is more to live..
>>
>>19417146

have you ever tried third eye meditation? i outlined the process here >>19416780

you might find it helpful

while it's nowhere near what you have going on, i spent the past 5 years (finally doing a little better) dealing with chronic illness and there were points where i was pretty much bedbound

meditation helped a lot

it probably sounds trite,but... your life wasn't taken away, only the idea of what you thought you were going to have

there's many ways to find fulfillment and go where you need to, physical limitations aside... the only place anyone is truly free is in their own mind anyway
>>
>>19417377
>I want to believe that there is more to live

i want to believe that i have 10 milion dollars. It doesn't change anything.

>>19417374
> just saying "Ghosts don't exist, end of debate"

i didn't said anything like that. I said

>we don't know everything and that doesn't mean we have to believe in everything
>>
>>19417400
>it probably sounds trite,but... your life wasn't taken away, only the idea of what you thought you were going to have
In other words, yes, it *was* taken away. No offense, but I really fucking hate when people say shit like this. Because how far do things have to go before it doesn't apply? If I lock you in solitary confinement for decades, are you really going to rationalize it with "Well, my life wasn't *really* taken away, just the idea of the things I wanted to do."

So yeah, I wasn't physically killed. I just lost everything that made life worth living. Which is fucking worse. I wish I *had* been killed.

I really just can't stand these motivational-speaker-like rationalizations. They didn't make sense to me even before the accident.

>there's many ways to find fulfillment and go where you need to, physical limitations aside
No there isn't. Not for me. There are two main things I wanted in life: To be an actor and to have an adventurous sex life. Both of those things are now impossible and always will be. I have no interest in anything else. I could have literally everything else in the world and I wouldn't give a fuck.
>>
>>19417400
>the only place anyone is truly free is in their own mind anyway

I think you've just described the Zen Buddhist koan of "Mu" (ç„¡), but I'm not that well read in the subject.
>>
>>19417429

no in other words you're dwelling on things you'll never have instead of making peace with what you do have

bitterness doesn't make suffering any easier

if i was locked away in solitary confinement for decades i'd have a lot less than you do right now, so it's a terrible comparison

obviously i would mourn what was lost, but mourning something doesn't bring it back and living your entire life as if there's never going to be anything else is senseless

if you really thought there was nothing worth living for or didn't want to find something you wouldn't be alive right now

clearly something is keeping you around,because that's a really easy fix

no need to be dramatic and bitter towards me just because you want to wallow in misery

shit happens to people, i've been through plenty, you keep going and move past it

you had an unrealistic dream (acting) and unless every part of you doesn't work you could still probably get laid

misery to an extent is a matter of choice, that's why not everyone who goes through something horrible lashes out like a bitter asshole at a stranger who's trying to help them

i said "it sounds trite" for a reason btw, it's the sort of thing people say a lot and it sounds meaningless when all you can see is your own depression clouding your perspective

over time things change though, that's life, and you can find other things to value

i've had to change priorities many times, i've been through a lot of rollercoaster type shit and lost a lot in the process but things keep going and you either accept it and find things to fill your life with that you value or you spend all your time appreciating nothing but what you don't get

only one of those ways of being has any value and it's not the latter

take the meditation advice or don't, maybe it'll make you less of a miserable prick

>>19417430

i used to be into buddhist philosophy before a lot happened and well...dionysus calling dream and so on
>>
>>19417492
>no in other words you're dwelling on things you'll never have instead of making peace with what you do have
I don't see any point in settling.

I tried to just be happy with what I had. It didn't work.

>obviously i would mourn what was lost, but mourning something doesn't bring it back and living your entire life as if there's never going to be anything else is senseless
Life itself is senseless.

>if you really thought there was nothing worth living for or didn't want to find something you wouldn't be alive right now
>clearly something is keeping you around,because that's a really easy fix
What's keeping me around is that most days I'm too depressed to do anything, even put forth the effort to kill myself. There's also the fact that I'm not sure how to do it. I bought a gun a while ago, but someone found it and now I'm being watched.

>you had an unrealistic dream (acting)
So?

>and unless every part of you doesn't work you could still probably get laid
Just getting laid isn't enough. Notice I didn't just say I wanted "a sex life". I said I wanted "an adventurous sex life". Who could I even get, anyway? No one really hot. I'd rather not have sex at all instead of trying to force myself to be okay with less than what I want.

>i said "it sounds trite" for a reason btw, it's the sort of thing people say a lot and it sounds meaningless when all you can see is your own depression clouding your perspective
It's also a very, very easy thing to say to someone else when you don't have to live in their situation.

>over time things change though, that's life, and you can find other things to value
No, I can't. And even if I could, why the fuck should I?

>take the meditation advice or don't, maybe it'll make you less of a miserable prick
Live my life for as long as I have. Maybe it'll make you less of a self-righteous asshole.
>>
>>19416602
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cl8cN7pEa4
>>
>>19418179

i'm curious what's the point in not "settling" when you'll never get the things you're fixated on?

i suggested moving on,not settling btw

whether or not life is senseless is a matter of perspective, there's a lot more to life than what's on the surface

i tried to hang myself once, i was too upset at the time to be careful, what i used was too long... tried to do it on my own, but that's harder than you'd think... gave up, got really drunk, had sex, passed out and pretended it never happened

the next day though,waking up after that was really surreal to say the least; life kept going like it hadn't happened at all and none of it mattered in the same way

my depression levels were still severe, i couldn't enjoy anything i used to enjoy and i couldn't focus on nearly anything

started to just learn to appreciate things like it being a beautiful day outside, or seeing a new plant outside i never noticed before and from there i started developing new interests and getting in touch with old ones that i let go over the years

i learned separating my emotions from the present and clearing my head made life easier, and that i could do it through sheer force of will to an extent; meditation helps that

it also opens you up to deeper areas of study

giving up on an unrealistic dream isn't nearly as bad as giving up on a realistic one is my point there

you could still have an adventurous sex life, especially if you get into fetish shit and then the degrees of hot vary

i get told i'm hot often (every male and female synonym for it honestly, not being full of myself i'm not my type, i don't like androgyny personally, but still) and i'd probably fuck a cripple (not on my "would for fetish reasons" list like siamese twins, but if i liked the person) and i know i'm not the only one

there's plenty of ways to be sexually adventurous, you just aren't being creative

the whole miserable bastard shit is more off putting than whatever on you isn't working
>>
>>19418179

i might not have lived your situation, but i've been through a lot of abuse (all kinds) from as early as i can remember into adulthood, i've been in a lot of bad living situations (one in particular i won't even really talk about, and i've also been homeless etc), i've been mostly not sober for more than half my life, and i've been addicted to heroin and pcp (off of both now), factor in shit like depression and other fun things of that nature and chronic illness etc and i haven't had the best life

that's not me playing the comparison game btw, suffering is relative, but i'm saying i'm not coming from a place where i have no idea what suffering can be

the point in finding other things to value is to stop being a miserable piece of shit all the time since you're waking up every day anyway
>>
>>19416636
>>19416677
When you're clearly someone that hasn't seen or done shit or left the city you were born with, why do you think you're qualified to speak as if you know anything?
>>
>>19416636
Actually, it's not expensive at all.
It helps that we have plenty of sponsors willing to show support and cover supplies, but truth is most things people consider paranormal can be handled pretty cheaply. Fire is a good weapon, for instance.
Even group meetings are cheap if you just go to a local church and pretend it's an AA meeting (of course you have a few stragglers that will wander in thinking it's an actual one, but it's pretty easy to shake them off)
It also helps that we usually work in groups, letting us cover areas and take shifts giving us plenty of time to have a normal life. Hell, one of our local group members is a 70-year-old grandma.

It's pretty dull, though as most of the time is just spent doing research, patrolling, and gathering information. There's of course dangers, but they're pretty far between.

As for WHY people want to believe in the paranormal, you're mostly right. It does add to life, but mostly it adds to perspective. It's important to know there are things bigger than us that we can't explain away. While there's plenty of documented things that apply to this concept, like outer space and the deep sea, we're pretty visually-driven creatures that prefer to experience things firsthand. Of course the issue mostly comes from the fact that a lot of times you have to sort of accept the paranormal before you can acknowledge experiencing it. Our minds are pretty good at filling in gaps and explaining it away, so it takes a certain level of...I guess just going with it? Even people who want to believe in the paranormal can sort of block it out if they're afraid they're not prepared. "Oh, I just lost track of time", "oh, I was just too tired", etc., etc.

It's like the guy in the horror movie that refuses to believe ghosts exist despite them being right in front of them. They seem dumb to the viewer but really it's just how the human mind naturally reacts.
>>
>>19418909

i had a roommate who was into ghost hunting, her bf,my fiancee and i used to go to get drunk and then watch her yell at things like streetlights

did get interesting evp though, i was fucking around with a pendulum

my fiancee taught me how to use one when we were teenagers, she learned from a witch friend of her family during a vacation... i had a knack for it,she didn't... i used it for parlor tricks and to find my keys, but we heard it could work along with ghost hunting so we figured "why not?"

anyway, my roommate was asking yes or no questions, i was telling her the pendulums answers

after a while we go back to her car to hear what we recorded and drink more, and well... somewhere there's a recording of her asking questions, me telling her what the pendulum says in response, and a voice saying the answers with me and saying he's lonely

it was weird as shit, usually she got fuckall though
>>
>>19418934
Eh. EVP's actually pretty unreliable in terms of tracking. Ghosts are temporary and kind of just fade out on their own after a while, so even if you go to a location with reported ghost phenomena it's not a safe bet you'll catch anything.
Plus normally if you can actually see it you can hear without it, but they're not really conscious so it's not going to be a conversation.
There's non-ghost things you can get a read on, but they're not unfamiliar with people so they're usually not interested in sitting down to chat. If you so catch one's curiosity though, their communication is more parroting rather than fully understanding the language. Sort of like you see in a lot of the skinwalker stories.
Which, by the way, should tell you why you don't want that in the first place.

In the end the best way to track anything is just following patterns, figuring out the next likely place for it to appear, and just waiting patiently. Think deer hunting.
>>
>>19419022

i'm not into ghost hunting, i just went for the free alcohol and chance to watch my roommate yell at the sky honestly

but the occasional weird thing happened

she might still have all of it, i wouldn't know, i liked her best while she was an alcoholic then she tried quitting and sucked except for when we'd pop vicodin together

things got weird anyway after my fiancee and i said we wouldn't date her if her relationship with her bf didn't work out (literally the next day she was crying, throwing a weird tantrum and telling her bf to kick us out over shit that never happened; turned into one of those weird situations where we were holed up at different ends of the apartment with no man's land in between)

i can't imagine why anyone would bother tracking a ghost
>>
>>19416602
science. i know i know, "you mean pseudo science anon" actually i mean science. check it. with the whole ghost phenomenon i believe it can be explained quite simply if i allow myself to. according to quantum physics, everything we are doing is being recorded in time reality spectrum. maybe it gets left behind like negatives of a film. if so when we die are energy is released which leaves off those negative film strips. just a theory of mine.
>>
>>19419072
Yeeeeeah, it's why we vet brutally before actually allowing people in. It attracts a lot of people with mental issues that think this is a solution to their problems. If anything the actual stuff will just add on.

As for why people bother, ghosts are pretty boring actually, but for the other stuff people have different reasons. A lot just do it to learn, a lot are people that are actually legit scientists, and feel this will help them in their fields, a lot are more altruistic, specifically going after more dangerous things that can hurt people, hell some are actually born into it.
There's also a thrillseeker or two, but they usually don't do it for long. Like I said, it's boring work.
>>
I'm studying paranormal powers because I want to get rich

I'm especially interested in power to see the future
>>
>>19419170

seems it, that's why i drank to watch

i've had plenty of experiences (of a different nature) without all that, no need to seek things out; plenty has come my way

why do you do it?
>>
>>19419202

Bad luck. I had a stalker for a while, and some people helped me. After that it seemed kinda wrong to not try and do the same.
Plus, if I'm honest, I always thought these things were kinda cool. It's kind of like my obsession with zoology from childhood expanded. To me most paranormal things are kinda just animals that operate on a different level.
>>
>>19416636
>A black screen.

How do you know this?
>>
>>19419240

a stalker?

my ex thought some of the weird sleep paralysis dreams i had in certain places were connected to spirits, but it doesn't matter anymore

now that i never sleep in any of those places (or even visit) it hasn't been a thing
>>
Personal ghost experiences
>>
>>19419282
Something that hunts people. One of the pains of dealing with the paranormal is that by nature they're anomalies, so it's hard to categorize them other than what they do.

Comparatively this was closer to the Dover Demon if it had a bad case of rabies than anything else, but it basically wandered in when I was living in a shitty house near the woods in upstate NY and decided it was now it's territory. Not exactly the greatest threat known to man but still pretty dangerous. I had a 2-year-old rottweiler at the time and it managed to drown it in a nearby creek, as well as basically infest the house with black mold.
>>
>>19419336
That's some demonic shit there. Did you notice any strange odors at times? Stupid sounding question, but I'm being serious.
>>
>>19419382
From the thing itself, no. For obvious reasons I made sure not to get too close. It had burrowed under the house and burst through some pipes though, so there was plenty of mold and sewage smell to go around. In fact the first time I learned about it was through a freaked out plumber who then charged me for his tools because neither of us wanted to attempt getting them back.
>>
>tfw never seen anything paranormal

idk why i even come to this board
>>
>>19419336

interesting... i have no real thoughts on this kind of thing

most i ever had were fingertip shaped bruises around one of my wrists after one of the sleep paralysis incidents

it was in the first apartment my fiancee and i shared in brooklyn

i used to have bad sleep paralysis dreams of a woman dressed in white, dripping wet she'd crawl into bed or kneel down beside it and try to whisper in my ear

couldn't understand her, and she just felt cold, and i could never breathe... i'd wake up gasping for air covered in goosebumps even on a hot night/day

it was odd, but once i moved i never dreamt about her again so i stopped caring

my experiences have been more past life memories after a ritual my ex did, weirdness after a pcp blackout, calling dreams etc
>>
File: rfod14x7.png (515KB, 761x1075px) Image search: [Google]
rfod14x7.png
515KB, 761x1075px
Even if I did experience something paranormal or unnatural, I'd just chalk it up to me going insane or my mind playing tricks on me. Ghosts and boogeymen aren't real; demented people and schizophrenics are. :c
>>
>>19419565

i had a point where i wished i was insane and figured i was rather than that reality was different than i thought, but shared exoeriences and unexplainable ones adding up over time changes things

schizophrenics can't share their delusions with the sane on an experience level

if you find schizophrenia interesting at all, read memoirs of my nervous illness

it was written by a very schizophrenic and very intelligent man while he was in an asylum
>>
>>19419531
Ohman, fuck sleep paralysis.
Oddly enough I've never had them myself, but it's one of those things that are terrifying because the causes are so random.
1 in 4 people experience it, and sure there's a few instances where it could be tied to something supernatural, but for the most part it could be anything from stress to your diet to just waking up the wrong way. At least when you're dealing with an entity there's patterns to identify, but with sleep paralysis it's just something that kinda happens.

It's not lethal though, despite feeling like it could be. So unless you suddenly found yourself anemic or having the same recurring suicidal thought after it, not caring is the right move. I've heard that just thinking about sleep paralysis raises the chances of getting it.

Don't quote me on that though, I'm not an expert on it.

I also can't really comment on past life stuff. I never really saw the point in it, and honestly I'm not sure I buy it given the science. Which, I know sounds like weird reasoning given the subject matter. Then again, even with rituals and hallows the explanations go into weird physics and math territory that I'm way too dumb to fully understand.

I had someone jokingly try to explain it as "the power of friendship", and honestly that's the closest I've gotten to getting it. Even then however, how anyone can actually control it is beyond me.
>>
>>19419698
>>19419590
Wait wait wait hold up.
Part of mes been wanting to believe this isn't all just bullshit but magic?
>>
>>19419698

the woman was reoccuring in that apartment, in my fiancee's mother's house it was always a man in a blue flannel shirt, and in the apartment i grew up in it was a woman (who scared the shit out of me, even as a kid, apparently when i was little i scared my parents saying i saw her and running away from them after i woke up... i was too young to remember) and a little girl (apparently when i was a kid, again too little to remember, i would talk to a little girl who i told my parents was only in one room of the house)

i've had sleep paralysis outside of those places without anything like that, and only that woman ever came with the cold suffocating feeling

usually sleep paralysis for me just means i can't move, and i'm somewhere between awake and not but everything looks/feels normal

i know how to snap myself out of it and such and wake up, i've had it my entire life so i've learned a lot

the bruises were the only thing that i found particularly strange

answering this in parts, the past life bit is a long story
>>
>>19419698
as for the past life stuff, i have trouble accepting my own experiences for a lot of reasons, but i'll share them anyway

when i was 18 i went to rome, lot of weird deja vu, felt like home and like i had been there before but it looked different and new, felt like i couldn't get lost (i always get lost, but i wandered the streets there drunk and was fine) etc and i kept saying it the whole trip

went to london afterwards, mostly forgot about it and even after i got back to home i just wrote it off

a few years later during a pcp high i started getting bad deja vu and the high got really fucked up... i remember freaking out to my fiancee and her telling me i was going to be fine, and then i blacked out

i was still awake, but it was like i wasn't there, like the void when you meditate, when i became aware of the world around me again i was in the middle of having sex i clearly initiated (don't remember it, it was like i was standing by the bed freaking out and then in the middle of fucking) went with it because it was already happening

afterwards i found it all disconcerting, and i decided to write to calm myself down, started auto-writing couldn't control it or move and it was all this shit that sounded crazy
>>
>>19419739
That second post isn't me.
I think it's only fair to point out at this point that I'm very much banking on people thinking it's all just bs given the subject matter, but it's nice to be able to talk about. Call it therapy. Plus, like I said, veeeery boring work.

Ok, so. Like I said, I don't really get it too much so I'm not the best one to explain it, but I'll do my best to do so in how I understand it.

There's this thing called false memory. Which basically means with enough people convincing you, you can remember things that never happened. If I asked you if you remembered our trip to Disneyland, you'd be like "of course not. We never went to disneyland". Now, if several other people seemingly not connected start talking about how excited you were getting Alladin's autograph, or how pissed you were at the cost of water bottles, eventually your mind will start filling in the gaps and start remembering your trip to Disneyland. In that same way, there's mob mentality, where everyone around you feeling a certain way can influence you into feeling that way as well. They're basically influences of the mind, and injecting your will onto someone else. The theory posits that it's due to us all being connected on a subconscious level. The idea with magic is basically being able to manipulate and target that will to influence other's perceptions of reality. Rituals work with more people involved because there's a stronger drive for that will. Similarly, hallows work best when they're popularly rumored to do things because more people believe in it's ability. Basically making the target themselves add to that influence.
Now, how does that apply to non-human entities?
Well, a lot of times it doesn't. If I tried something like that on the aforementioned frogboy under my house, I'd just end up dead with lungs full of mold.
Now, when it comes to entities like demons and whatnot, they're more based on runaway drives.
>>
>>19419839

that i would meet a witch she'd be from texas, have red hair, she'd tell me some things she thought about me (she did tell me them, the one i remember clearest as far as writing/being told was her calling me an empath) and she'd make me remember

i thought it all seemed crazy, and i brushed it off thinking it was just drugs

a few years later i met my ex, a redhead witch from texas... she did a past life memory ritual because we had this really weird deep connection (long story) and she needed to know why, i told her not to and she did anyway

we had memories that took place in rome, different perspectives but the same things and places, i could tell her a story leave out details to test her and she'd fill them in without missing anything

i tried to test her a lot like that, never failed

they came with feelings and all kinds of shit attached though, and it was like reality tore itself down and i didn't know what to make of any of it

i could remember my fiancee, but it was one sided and my ex was engaged to someone else at the time

i ended up begging her to do the ritual again so my fiancee would remember and i didn't have to be alone in it because it was intense and fucked up

we argued, she gave in

then there were 3 of us who could share the memories

we tested each other a lot of shit happened all related to it...
>>
>>19419893

anyway that died down in intensity for me after i tried to kill myself (my fiancee complains about still feeling weird from it) and a couple of years past

i met someone who i knew then who had dreams that went along with something that happened, well nightmares really... i told her pretty much everything, all of it, and she started researching it (she's into research, i hate it, so it worked out perfect)

it was all historically accurate, things in the occult rituals i can remember as well were all also accurate, weapons etc all fit the time frame 380-420 ad rome (i didn't live 40 years then, it's just as narrow as she could get it) the wars i talked about, some of the politics, the religion issues etc

all the details just... added up and fit, when i meet someone i can remember i can tell them things about themselves i shouldn't know and it's been accurate every time (been a while though since i met someone like that) and so on

there's a lot of weird parallels and things that are relevant now, and it's complicated

but that's been my experience and i know 3 people who have shared in it
>>
>>19419869
They're basically self-sustained psychological viruses. Very much being influences themselves that sort of take over. It's why they're usually portrayed as being attached to something. An idol, or object, or possessing a human host. They don't physically have an appearance, but if they're strong enough they can make someone hallucinate one. If they're stronger still, they can cause something similar to mass hysteria, in that others can see them as well. So rituals and hallows are effective on them because they sort of disrupt that thought process and remove the outside influence. Now how to do or create a ritual and give it purpose I have no fucking clue. It's like architecture or cooking. You basically have to know the ingredients and how to make it stable in order to do what you want it to do.
>>
>>19419739

i never bother telling people bullshit here, it's the one place i can tell the truth and people will either assume i'm at least somewhat creative or know i'm being honest

works either way for me

i wrote somewhere in this thread how to open your third eye if you're interested in giving that a shot
>>
>>19416602
something woke me up while sleeping is was dragging me off my bed and felt incapacitated untill i broke the bond or whatever wouldnt let me move.
>>
>>19416602
prob because i was involved in some black magic i was doing.
>>
Believed in nothing, had crazy experience with God, started experimenting and reading until I learnt that this was a gnostic gnosis.
>>
>>19419809
>>19419839
>>19419893
>>19419897

That kind of ties into what I was explaining here
>>19419869
>>19419901
where these outside influences can sort of manifest and "possess" you. What I don't get is how you can draw up past experiences, or target a specific time period, but again I'm not really good with all that stuff.

It's all trippy and weird and honestly I'm much more comfortable with things you can shoot at and burn.

For the most part though, you're not going to go full pazuzu and start projectile vomiting and spinning your head. More intense possessions usually stick to places like Africa or third world countries where the collective fear and hostility is really high.
Witch is why they're more likely to believe in it.
It takes a lot of negative energy, I guess.
>>
>>19419897

technically all of the verifiable politics stuff was true, it's the unverifiable behind the scenes kind of thing that i can't confirm with those memories

but considering a lot of things i know about the occult and such combined with the politics... it all falls into place

i never bothered with roman history 'til after the memories, before them i wasn't interested and during i didn't want to taint them by learning anything

anyway i have trouble accepting them or talking about them, and a good deal of them i'd never share here or anywhere (aside from with people who already know because they shared the experience), but it's an entire life of memories childhood-death that was accurate when it came to things i knew nothing about
>>
>>19419869
>>19419901
That...actually makes a weird amount of sense.
>>19419907
Might as well since apparently I fucking believe in magic now.
>>
>>19419940

well my friend based the time frame on the wars, politics, religious aspects of the time, symbols i remembered being on boats, weaponry etc

wouldn't necessarily call it possession, did have a calling dream though, dionysus (who's heavily part of the memories too)

anyway there's things that are supposed to play out, and i figure if those happen and i die the way i'm "supposed" to then i can rest easy and accept all of this wholeheartedly

i was told in the memories how i would die, i autowrote it too, and oddly enough my ex was obsessed with astrology and it's in my chart as well (she never told me that, i used to get shitfaced and look over things here and there, ended up learning a lot on the subject) and so on

so who knows?
>>
>>19419958
i actually felt really tired one time and went to sleep and felt like something was tryng to take me out of my body.I kept falling asleep thinking it was just a weird dream but ut kept happening whatever was happening failed that was a very spooky experience.
>>
>>19419958

i was going to try finding it for you, but it's easily explained harder to do so i'll just rewrite it

close your eyes and focus on the space between them where your third eye is ("look" at it), clear your head, deep breaths and keep yourself concentrating on that spot

you'll start to feel pressure, focus on it and when it becomes almost unbearable imagine your third eye opening

you'll know when you get the hang of it, binaural beats can help you find the area to focus on if you can't, and opening it is euphoric (like heroin)

it can take a while of daily practice to do it so don't get discouraged, just keep trying

it's a good first step towards this sort of thing because it opens you up
>>
>>19419979

i had an out of body experience when i was about 16, felt like i couldn't get back in and started to panic when i came back to it i felt like someone was holding my hand

even though it didn't feel like it i thought it was my dog, but when i looked over he was across the room and i was home alone

it was strange, but i found it easy to write off
>>
>>19419590
>>19419839
*your perception of reality was different, not reality itself.
>>
>>19419951
I understand. A lot of times these things feel impossible to fully explain to someone unless they were literally there experiencing them with you. Our minds are arranged to see things a certain way and will fight you tooth and nail to keep it like that.

>>19419978
Possession with quotation marks. It's sort of like the mental equivalent of a radio picking up an outside signal and interrupting whatever music you were enjoying. Even if it's just for a moment it can really take you out of the mood.

As for future stuff, that I don't put much faith into, and most people that engage in magic stuff that I've spoken to don't either. There's just too many variables to get a fixed path. Though I guess you could see them as options.
>>
>>19417429
>There are two main things I wanted in life: To be an actor and to have an adventurous sex life. Both of those things are now impossible and always will be. I have no interest in anything else.
even if you weren't crippled, there's a huge chance you would never get either of those things. If you're the person to obsess over sex and put it on a pedestal there's a good chance you'll never get any outside paying for it
>>
>>19419999
Quads too, so it must be legit. Is there anything I can try it out on to see if it works?
>>19419979
>>19420021
Yeah, no. Fuck all that noise. I'd freak the hell out.
>>
>>19420042
This. Though that can get complicated.
You can't cast magic missile or anything, but when it comes to how we perceive reality, an embarrassing amount is based on our own senses rather than reality itself. So we're pretty vulnerable to psychosomatic effects.

>>19420073
Also this. Sex comes best when you're not looking for it. If that's solely on your mind, the person you're trying to have it on WILL catch on, and if they're not looking for a hook up it ain't gonna happen. Also, the hell does an adventurous sex life even mean? Just enjoy someone else's company and have an orgasm. You don't need to make a checklist out of whatever bullshit moves urban dictionary churns out. Most people that try to make sex more complicated than it is are terrible at it.

Also, being a successful actor was a gamble anyway. If that's what you were banking on, you were fucked from the get-go. Shit, what I do is more realistic.
>>
>>19420085

only that you can't undo it once it's done

the out of body experience didn't freak me out when it happened, i found it strange then let it go and didn't think anything of it
>>
>>19420115

i assumed they meant indulging in fetishes and whatnot,which doesn't make sex more complicated, just more fun

sex isn't at all complicated, relationships are

sex is pretty easy to come by in my experience, there's always multiple people who are interested

it's finding/maintaining a relationship that's more than just sex that's hard

not to say dates are hard to come by,but someone worth dating? that's different
>>
>>19416602
>I am a sceptic
Good, stay sceptic.
Now buy occult and magic books
Now try shit.

Easy.
>>
>>19416613
Were you able to manifest anything larger than a quarter
>>
File: 0_d1595_b50cea1_XXL.jpg (171KB, 1024x484px) Image search: [Google]
0_d1595_b50cea1_XXL.jpg
171KB, 1024x484px
>>19418374
Not the anon you directed that to, but I just want to say that was a beautiful post and thank you for writing it, you seem like a great person.
>>
>>19420726

thanks, i thought i was a little harsh honestly...
>>
>>19419123
>according to quantum physics

every fucking time xD
>>
>>19420715
have you black magic the shit out of someone?
>>
>>19421316

why bother?
>>
>>19416602
https://discord.gg/PVrZamw
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.