[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is being psychic genetic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: OPisAfaggot.png (500KB, 786x393px) Image search: [Google]
OPisAfaggot.png
500KB, 786x393px
Yo /x/,
I've been researching psychics and stuff related to that because people in my family have claimed to be psychic and I'd like to know:
is being psychic genetic?
>inb4 larpfag
>>
>>19415753

From what I've seen, no.
>>
>>19415753
There is some sort of hereditary thing to it, I believe. Everyone in my dad's side of the family gets premonitions in some form.
>>
>>19415753
dont know if this counts but on my dads side we have been known to have vivid dreams, sleep paralyses and lucid dreams with out even trying. I've had multiple out of body experiences and just found out that my grandpa did so as well. I would say yes
>>
>>19415753
Yeah
Which makes you wonder why the monastic nobilities had a long tradition of incest
>>
>>19415753
you done fucked up amigo
>>
>>19415909
the creepy part is incest may be the case of being psychic
>>
Yes, there are genetic factors to schizophrenia.
>>
>>19415926
"The Magician swims in the same waters the psychotic drowns"
But yeah pretty much.
A non-zero chunk of our mental illness problem is the cultural/societal inability to recognize/utilize these people.
Magi Lineage and/or God's favor vs illness to be controlled.
Every blessing a curse, and vice versa.
>>
>>19415909
So that land and wealth are kept in one family and built upon instead of being split up and lost. Is there any evidence of monarchs having psychic powers anyway?
>>
It runs in the family
>>
>>19415753
My father used to see ghosts when he was younger and my mother's whole side of the family has premonitions through dreams.

I have some sort of mix of both so I guess there's some genetics involved
>>
>>19415753
I don't know about genetic per se, but it certainly seems to run in families. My wife's side has it pretty strong, mine doesn't. Hoping my daughter gets it.
>>
>>19416547
No it doesn't.
>>
>>19418743
Different anon, but why wouldn't it?
>>
File: 54770805_p17_master1200.jpg (337KB, 1088x734px) Image search: [Google]
54770805_p17_master1200.jpg
337KB, 1088x734px
There is a hereditary predisposition, but the state of being of being psychic is not.

The concept of neuroplasticity makes sense of this. Your brain is a certain way starting out based on your race and hereditary traits, but it can change over time.
>>
Schizophrenia can be hereditary and a lot of psychics are really schizophrenic.
>>
>>19415753
My grandmother used to catch glimpses of people dying and how. It was creepy af. My mother avoids boats to this day because of it.

All I've been able to do is see weird shit from time to time.
>>
>>19415753
You can change your genetics with psychic abilities, but I don't believe there is a prerequisite genetic trait for developing psychic powers. Basically you can train your mind and it will become psychic passing down epigenetic changes. If people in your ancestry have worked to develop those traits it will be easier to gain them. However, I believe that the psychic ability is inherent in nature and the cosmos, so if you line up your awareness in the right way the light will rewrite your code to be more receptive.

Think of it like a dictionary, you have one word, so all the information you are getting you don't have the words for. Then you start watching the information and you use it to write down more words, soon you have enough words to gain significant psychic vocabulary and you can gain the insights into nature that you seek.
>>
>>19418951
Should add that my aunt used to be able to see the same weird shit, but she started taking drugs and went insane for a variety of reasons.
>>
>>19415753
The paranormal world follows a bloodline, and it weakens or gets strengthened if you decide to or not to honor it, with its carriers being chosen seemingly randomly per generation.

if its not genes, then it is something very similar.
>>
>>19415753
100% yes.
>>
>>19415753

Yes. No.
When you fall in love and start wishing the other person can do what you do; be careful.
When you start to hate something and start wishing it away; know it can backfire.
That is what I have experienced.
Stay moderate in your responses. Save extremes for when you are serious.
>>
>>19415753
Yes and no, anyone can develop their natural abilities. However, some family lines tend to show higher proficiency or natural aptitude than others as do RH-. Be it genetic or some other casual factor, who knows.
>>
Half belief/half genetics
>>
I believe it's just part of your skill set.

And since we are living in a block universe where nothing moves and past, present, and future exist at the same time, I think anything psychic is just bleeding over.
>>
>>19418751
alcoholism runs in the family
psychic ability is a skill you develop
anyone can learn to tap into their subconscious
given enough room and ambition, might even learn to tap into other's
>>
Kinda depends on what ability ur specifically reffering to...like in my family on my mom's side grandfather had strong energy presence and ability to manipulate energy of other people animals and plants. (was pretty harmful if he stayed in a shit mood) On my dads side of the family-there are witch doctors and my dad is an empath. He can sense pain someone is feeling even when they aren't close by. Has known when friends died through a pain in his chest before anyone else heard about their accident.
I can astral travel, dream drag, dream push, do energy healing, and pain absorption and make ghosts clear out.
>>
>>19415753

No. Everybody has the potential, but genetics due factor in to how much potential they have, and so does environment.
>>
>>19415753
My grandmother was prophetic
I am really good at reading tarot and predicting the future
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.