[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone else have a strange feeling like every year post-2007

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 300
Thread images: 32

File: EMGN-Celebs-13.jpg (106KB, 625x963px) Image search: [Google]
EMGN-Celebs-13.jpg
106KB, 625x963px
anyone else have a strange feeling like every year post-2007 doesn't feel "real"? i don't know what it is, maybe its because the internet has dulled our senses but i swear once 2007 hit we entered an extremely fucked up timeline that wasn't in place before. there is just a very distinct different "feel" about the years that came before that one and the years thereafter.
>>
>>19414208
Same. I can't pinpoint exactly what but it's weird. Also when my depression started.
>>
It's because God and Jesus fucked this universe up.
>>
Quantum shifting. It's similar to quantum immortality. You are in a different version of yourself, in a world very similar to this one. Some claim it was CERN being activated and quantum computers both around that time. Welcome to the Orion timeline. It's alright, but I prefer my old reality better. It was more real. Half the people on this planet are not like us. Half of them are. Choose wisely.
>>
>>19414265
I would like to tell you it's bullshit but I think it's actually scientifically possible in a way or another.
So now I'm sitting there rethinking my whole life.
>>
started (for me) in 2006, that whole year had a dream like quality. different feel for all the years since then.
>>
Apart from my family I couldn't keep contact with a single person I knew before 2007 but from 2008 onwards I still have a lot of friends.
I always felt my life changed for the better in 2008/9 and it did feel very weird at first.

I prefer this reality, wanted to personally thank whoever did the shift.
>>
For me It was 2012, and that upset me a lot, everything seems fake and time goes really fast , well I guess we are just growing up, or...
>>
I think it was more around 2010-2011 for me
>>
how old are you, OP?
>>
>>19414518
i'm twenty one
>>
Test
>>
Sorry. I broke it.
>>
>>19414485
I graduated high school in 06 and that year was pretty "off"
>>
>>19414208
We entered the Piloerection galactic bulge at 01:46:16 UTC 1 galactic year.
>>
>>19414594
*Spots you piloerection Galactic bulge
OwO what's this?
>>
I know 2007 was the year the internet got a lot more accessible, but does anyone else feel like how people seem to communicate has something to do with it? Before 2007, people did shit like "L.O.L." as a fun icebreaker and shit like that. Around 2007 and 2008 was when shit like Advice Dog and Trollface started creating a really weird consciousness that more or less affected the way people communicated online. Then in 2014 shit regressed from stupid internet jokes your fat middle school friends would come up with into weird shit. Like real nigga hours dat boi black twitter spongebob shit, like a glitching NPC.

Late 2014/early 2015 in general was also really when I started to get this sense of cosmic dread. Not a supernatural or paranormal feeling--the feeling that I was finally starting to look at the world not as this guaranteed upwards progression but as a place where good futures and bad futures can happen and that the individual is responsible for creating good in ways the powers that be were no longer able to. I don't know, but I'm positive August 2014-August 2017 was this really weird time I feel we're just starting to move on from. I can't be the only one to feel this way.
>>
>>19414622
>>
Honestly thought i was the only one
>>
>>19414208
209 for me but its from ptsd and the resulting agoraphobia
>>
>>19414485
mine was right at the end of 2006 but that feeling of change has been more tangible than any of the "habbenings" over the years
>>
>>19414208
I dunno if it's because I'm high or not but when I saw that I agree completely. Shit gave me shivers dude
>>
File: 1b2e18478568abd9.jpg (245KB, 1052x846px) Image search: [Google]
1b2e18478568abd9.jpg
245KB, 1052x846px
Happened around 2012 i believe. My looks changed which was the first thing that made me sperg out because everybody else was acting like nothing happened. When i say my looks changed i dont mean some puberty related process it was more like some foundational change that happened over night and traumatized me for atleast 2 years.
>>
>>19414208
>>19414229
>>19414265
>>19414293
>>19414485
>>19414498
>>19414500
>>19414641
>>19414647
>>19414683
>>19414693
>>19414696
how is any of this paranormal or supernatural? i don't say that because i'm objecting to the thread being here. i just want to make sure you guys understand that everything you've described is 100% natural. the reason that it's lining up with other people's experiences is because everything you're describing is common. and of course it's going to line up even further considering that you're speaking to other men who are of a similar age with similar interests on 4chan

i experienced all the changes you guys are describing back in 2000. it's a matter of personal experience and basic, common similarities between humans
>>
>>19414731
>disinfo shill turns out
Oh okay
>>
>>19414731
op here. i don't think it has anything to do with age; i've talked to my mother about this who's nearly in her 50s and she has said to me that things really began going odd around those specific years.
>>
>>19414485
Same
>>
Anyone here get that same strange feeling when they watch the first season of The Office? Now that I see this thread I totally agree. Maybe it's because with technology connecting the world, we literally ARE in a new world because we are seeing more than the cities we lived in prior to then.
>>
>>19414641

I had my awakening on Christmas Eve 2014, but it had been building since August. Might just be an awareness due to age and what knowledge we had.

I have definitely shifted timelines many times since then, however now it's much more Concious.
>>
Yes it feels like I'm in a weird and uncomfortable dimension
>>
Also I don't really remember 2007 other than going to Disney world.
>>
File: 1464364511396.jpg (10KB, 228x223px) Image search: [Google]
1464364511396.jpg
10KB, 228x223px
It's because everything started to get shitty after 2007 and was completely ruined come 2010

>tfw no time machine
>>
>>19415199
This.

We are living in a different world. I can imagine people felt this way at every major technological shift in history. Like when steam trains were used in a major way for the first time, for e.g.

Before the internet was popularised, all you could see of the world outside your town was what was fed to you from the whims of media companies and it had been like that since media and entertainment first became monetised. Now there are endless amounts of ways to entertain yourself and read about. I think the internet has in a way humbled us all as to how much actually goes on outside of our bubble.
>>
its probably the year you finally gave up on life. all you got to look forward to now is nostalgia.
>>
Yep, I remember everything began to feel massively different in the year 2008. Everything I liked became so boring and dull. It's been the same way since.
>>
File: Penguins.jpg (760KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Penguins.jpg
760KB, 1024x768px
>>19415274
I don't know, I kind of disagree with this.

It feels to me like the internet is an entire bubble of it's own. Shit happens entirely independent of real life in the internet.

Look at the way people speak to each other, the way they argue with each other. The way they make jokes. Completely different from real life communication.

It's like society has splintered, and maybe the splinter began in 2007 like OP postulates.
>>
>>19414500
Time DOES go real fast now. I guarantee some a few minutes takes seconds to go by. I remember not many years ago when I could do a lot of shit in 5 minutes and now it goes in a flash. This is specially true for when I'm going to meet with someone and I say it'll take 15 minutes to get there but in the end half an hour went by.

This was absolutely not true pre-2012 and I joked about it with friends when it started happening but I'm serious now.
>>
File: 1445714529723.jpg (63KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1445714529723.jpg
63KB, 700x700px
>it's just growing older
>>
>>19414208
>there is just a very distinct different "feel" about the years that came before that one and the years thereafter.
that different feel is called "terminal decline". society is slowly but surely headed to a catastrophic collapse
>>
File: 1502139952152.jpg (351KB, 2000x1600px)
1502139952152.jpg
351KB, 2000x1600px
very few people had access to computers and cellphones, tehcnology in general.

2007-20010 was a huge spark in the general public obtaining "modern" tech

now every single household has this tech

it might be the wifi constantly lingering in every home, street, city etc

countless data being transmitted 24/7 through your body into phones, laptops, tablets, tvs, cars, etc

its the wifi OP its fucking with our senses
>>
>>19414208
>every year post-2007 doesn't feel "real"?
That's how I've felt since at least 2010. I think it's because I graduated in 2007. Time became measured differently, I'm not in the 22nd grade.
>>
>>19414485
shit really flipped that year.
>>
i'm 21 too and feel the same. life definitely feels more like a simulation. feels like something is building up
>>
>>19415534
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh pretty sure that's just a case of you getting older like everyone else... people have been saying this for hundreds of years. time flies as you get older.
>>
>>19414208
That's because that was when runescape started to go to shit, nothing felt real after that.
>>
This fucking thread is freaking me out. I know most things can be explained by the fact that we're simply growing older and that our perception of time is changing (I read some study once that said a year to a five year old kid "feels" longer to a year to a 50 year old because one year is literally a 5th of his life, which explains some of the posts here) but I do feel like the world is changing and not for the better. And I think it's weird how I did become a totally different person starting in 2007. Again, growing up, but still, I firmly believe I was on my way to become a Chad normie and everything just fell apart in that one year. I found out too many truths about girls and life in general, that was the year I became disillusioned with life
>>
>>19414208
For me things felt reasonably normal until 2010, even though I had just gone through the worst 4 hell years of my life. 2011 and 2012 till now, even though things have calmed down in my life, things feel completely unnatural in the world.
>>
The year I started smoking weed so that's probably my issue
>>
>>19415577
It's actually known that Microwave and EL frequencies can cause neurodevelopmental disorders like Autism and ADHD.
>>
>>19414208
Its astrology things do not stay the same forever the planet's and sun feed you ENERGY. And then you have to zodiac also. It's not easy to explain.

Just wait for August 21 Sept 23 and Oct 25.

Hehe by Oct full moon you be lucky to remember you name.
>>
>>19415862
Because the world is not changing for the better. #pizzagate has proven that. And has brought the dark to light.

One good thing ufos got confirmed last year in the leak.
>>
Bacis terms you are being downloaded/upgraded with new energy and are aware a lot more now. This has started around 2005.
>>
>>19415534
As you get older your perception of time becomes faster. This is what you are beginning to become aware of. It is highly unlikely time is nominally faster.
>>
>>19415577
Wifi is litteraly the same technology as microwaves, radio broadcasts, and infared devices like tv remotes. Stop repaeting this provably false bullshit.
>>
>>19416402
Prove it. Because that's on par with saying you are allergic to emf. Or that vaccienes cause autism.
>>
Have you ever noticed that you feel more negative when standing in specific places? Negative is easier to recognise. We tend to ascribe any positive we feel to ourselves and our own action. Your ego is powerful but ultimately it makes your desires known and able to be controlled by others. Nothing new; just lots of people waking up from normalcy and trying a bit harder than being just a platform for others to stand on.
>>
>>19416420
Source??
>>
>>19415820
21 as well and same. Also i started enjoying things less.
>>
it's roughly the time when social media kicked into the masses. society has been fucked up ever since.
>>
>>19414208

9/11 was a masterpiece.
>>
File: 26301989590_10ccea320b_b.jpg (86KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
26301989590_10ccea320b_b.jpg
86KB, 1024x577px
Yes and my anxiety has sky rocketed like never before. Sometimes i feel like im about to faint in crowded areas and this was never as issue before. There was a post on /pol/ the other day talking about the cosmic frequencies going crazy this past year and people experiencing the same feeling.
>>
some of you guys seriously need to watch that South Park episode where Stan sees everything as shit and meets Morpheus...
>>
No question time is accelerating.

More precisely, it is the Rate of Change which has been intensifying exponentially.

Outwardly, lets look at the rate of media consumption over the last 100 years, which is driven by technological progress, from the radio to television, to the internet, to instant social media, etc. Keep in mind this outward intensification is also matched internally as well, in regards to the rate of mental experiences (which determines perception of time.)

The internal change also flows back into the external world as well. For example we can see this in the high anxiety, political extremism on one hand, and gender confused homosexuals on the other. Ultimately, these are all symptoms of the larger issue at hand, which is the microcosmic individual psyche of man being unable to cope with the macrocosmic intensification of interstellar forces being set upon the Earth. If anyone has been following the increasingly weakened magnetosphere and anomalous solar activity over the past years, you know what I'm talking about.

At any rate, it appears technological progress which continually "converges" and "simplifies" is also moving hand in hand with the impending realization of a mass consciousness singularity, and all of the inner and outer energies that entails.
>>
>>19414208
1) social media changed the way humans interact
2) Unprecedented information control changed the way humans get information about the outside world
3) Culture has degenerated into a hedonistic death spiral as seen in several past civilizations.
>>
>>19417787

I find that social media is not an isolated incident. Rather, it is another step or sign of increased instability in the world.

Its appearance in the world is no different than reading the temperature of heated water on its way to reaching boiling point. "Social media" is just a series of quickly moving bubbles in the water, signifying an increased influence of its cause (cosmic fire). The water can be regarded as our material world existing within the known confines of time and space.

To me, what sets this instance apart from all others in the past is that the human mind is being continually networked into a unified mass experience, from gross to increasingly subtle. I am inclined to believe the "boiling point" is the transition from worldly or external connectivity, to internalized mass connectivity. In other words, activation of the latent psychic faculties of man, leading to mass telepathic perception, or singularity if you will.
>>
For me it was 2001.

The 9/11 terrorist attacks on the wtc towers/pentagon.
>>
>bro things just don't feel right
Yeah, if you kept up with the world, you'd know when things go bad, everyone suffers. The housing bubble popped around the same time and caused a lot of strife and stress for all these "ghetto promoted" lifestyles that ended in the black SpongeBob memes as someone mentioned because if you know anything about black culture, it's just as fragile as white.
>>
post-2012 for me. I hate this timeline. I would do anything to wake up back in 2010.
>>
>>19418022
I also felt a "calling" to be more spiritual and read more on the occult since last year's October 1st, it was a REALLY weird feeling. I've been on this path since then
>>
>>19418042
Polarization is crazy isn't it?

People "snap" into alignments for good or worse all the time, but no one really talks about it.

The greatest "flipping of the switch" is instant awakening or enlightenment, but sudden auspicious moments in one's life are not just limited to that experience.

Great instant changes of heart can happen multiple times in one's life depending on a persons circumstances. These things don't just happen out of thin air though. You get everything you work for, but sometimes there just needs to be a sudden nudge to set things off.
>>
File: 1451589370466.png (49KB, 406x377px) Image search: [Google]
1451589370466.png
49KB, 406x377px
>>19414208
Did you graduate in 2007?
>>
>>19417988
i didn't really feel the global financial crisis though - i was in australia and pretty much no one felt the crisis here.
>>
>>19414229
wow same here
>>
2007 was the greatest year of my whole life for me in terms of fulfillment and I'm 35 so no, it's not me ranting about good ol days (1998 was the god tier year).
It then went all to shit. Then again I had my first real health problem in 2008 (the kind that makes you understand that things that doesn't kill you can make you weaker, permanently) so...
>>
>>19414208
Is it possibly that you have done nothing meaningful with your life for a decade?
>>
>>19414208
it's depression, my dude
>>
Sjw-ism happened. Their darpa developed agenda fucked up everything. Look when twitter happened, look when facebook open up to everyone, ther is so much that went down 2006/07. gamergate is real.
>>
>>19414208
Same here.
Probably it is because post 2007 the internet became a haven for news and narrative, which has left everyone feeling number due to over-exposure to bad news.
>>
the iPhone came out in 2007 giving our species unlimited access to knowledge to download and process in our collective conscious. 10 years later and 1 billion of us use this thing constantly and each second we do more data is being collected all simultaneously at once and our perception of time is getting affected by it.
>>
>>19414208

My whole life hasn't felt real to me. Depersonalization or derealization, perhaps?
>>
>>19414208
>>19414229
Same here. Everything in my life 2007-present has been shit. Lost my innocence that year.
>>
if you haven't already, make sure you're not just remembering when you "first started smoking weed" or, you know, accidentally the whole bottle of red pills. Those things have a way of changin ya
>>
>>19414500
For me, it was late 2011 when things started feeling different.
>>
>>19415820
I'm 19 and I've felt the same way since late 2011.
>>
>>19414803
I talked with my mom about this as well. She told me things started feeling different for her around 2012.
>>
>>19414208
same here. something happened in the world and hasn't been the same. i have been blaming Liberals for all the fucked up stuff going on but something else is up.
>>
>>19416411
Ok retard
>>
>>19414208
Yes I completely agree with this
>>
>>19414646

THICC
>>
>>19417940
>For me it was 2001
How old are you? 9/11 happened a month before my 18th birthday. I know what you mean about the world changing, because it DID change. We now lived in a "post-9/11" world.

A lot of weird shit happened right after 9/11 too. People seem to forget about the anthrax letters that were mailed to media and politicians, as well as the DC sniper shootings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_anthrax_attacks
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D.C._sniper_attacks

That said, I felt like, despite the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, life still felt mostly normal in the following years.

But then 2007 came, and yeah, it felt like that's when the whole world started to change. A big part of it is, as has been said before, smart phones began changing the landscape of the internet. It also became pervasive, which in turn changed the social landscape in real life. People's attitudes and behaviors changed. You can't go anywhere now without seeing dozens and dozens of people all staring at their phones or taking selfies.

It's horrible.
>>
>>19414641
>really weird consciousness that more or less affected the way people communicated online. Then in 2014 shit regressed from stupid internet jokes your fat middle school friends would come up with into weird shit. Like real nigga hours dat boi black twitter spongebob shit, like a glitching NPC.

This so fucking much. I dont really know when it started but will say the internet is definitely the number one catalyst and really has changed .... everything. Our entire culture, how we communicate, how we get our news, how we've devolved into getting our opinions from just reading headlines and not the entire article (although the state of journalism is in shambles anyhow) instead of being more investigative like the people before us who had no choice but to be etc. Fake news, All these bizarre memes. I remember "memes" first becoming popular in ~2011 when normies would start talking about it openly in high school and it's hard to believe that was 6 years ago already. Anyone ever get that "Hey this movie/song/event was a year or 2 ago" feeling only to research and it was actually 5+ years ago?? Aurora shooting and Sandy Hook was 5 years ago...
Our brains have been numbed and dumbed down to the point where it feels like its the result of some worldwide orchestrated operation Our communications are abbreviated:140 character limit on twitter, dissolving 10 seconds or less pics/vids on snapchat, 6 second vines, social media that is literally strictly photos (instagram), rap songs being so repetitive and derivative of one another. This stupid meme culture that's evolved and even spread to "news" networks adapting our silly jargon that was supposed to stay here on 4chan ("tfw" "feels" "mfw" ,"cuck" "based"). It feels like there is nothing original or organic left in the world. Everything just seems like this giant contrived scheme meant to dull our senses to everything and sadly its fucking working..
>>
This is the weirdest thing ever, I thought I was the only one. Before 2008 i felt like I was experiencing life, now I feel dissociative. Like it doesn't feel as real as it used to. Not sure if its depression or if I got older.
>>
>>19414208
Not 2007 for me, but 2013.

It's like the world was supposed to end in 2012, but we got shunted into an alternate timeline where it didn't.

(It could also be the fact that I graduated high school in 2012 and moved away from home in January 2013, but that explanation isn't spooky enough for /x/ now, is it?)
>>
grew up in the late 90's for a bit, the 90's were post cold war and it was peaceful, america was the strongest nation on earth and had just defeated one of its biggest enemies. In a way the 90's were a celebration. But at the same time people felt like something was wrong. It couldn't last forever. This is how you got media like fight club, or radioheads Ok computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HimvFbossU8

Just this unnerving feeling like something was wrong.
And near the end of the 90's the internet was starting to fully move into the work place and invade society. We really changed the second those planes hit the towers. The so called peace of the 90's was over. The cynicism, the slacker laid back 90's was dead.
And i was to young to comprehend it. My 9/11 story is basically being at school, the teacher didnt tell us anything. I was walking to the school bus and some kid just yells "Hey, we're going to war". Then i thought about all the cool Vietnam and ww2 movies i had seen. When i got home i was mad that it was on every channel and i couldn't watch Pokemon.
Society got more paranoid, more patriotic, the far left was practically dead. Only liberal capitalism remained. The media started to lie, told us there were WMD's in iraq. The truth movement springs up. People start to become more anti government.
The rise of smart phones was a really big moment, people dont realize it yet. The internet was a niche hobby for nerd in the early days, it was slow, looked different, The idea of a real girl being on it was laughable. no social media, no streaming, no youtube, no facebook. no 4chan. I think smartphones and social media brought about an explosion of normal fags onto the internet. And with normal fags you are always going to have a bad time.
The reccssion happens, the first black man is elected president, obama ends up being a neo liberal fuck boy. Bails out the banks. He isnt really change but the apperence of change. SJW's, the alt right, trump wins.
>>
>>19414731
I would honestly have to say things started to get screwy around 2000 as well, it's just progressed further again

I think it is at least internet-related if it isn't actually The Quickening or something
>>
>>19420768
trump wins, the liberals fail, the socialists and communists break out of their prison cell. There is now a schism between the far left and centrist neo liberals.
Trump, a pussy grabbing game show host is elected by pol. Now, this is change.
>>
Its probably the year where you graduated, moved out or started working.
Before, you used to have big dreams, a promise of a future.
Now youre in college or working, and every day is the same. You probably cant recall half the days in the last 2 years.
>>
2008 I achieved gnosis and did some strange magics, everything went to shit and I'm glad everything went to shit.
>>
It's the year when aliums injected special chemicals into your anuses
>>
In 2008 I was attacked with magics, God gave me gnosis and instilled a ritual on me, when peformed I astral travelled to a girl inside geometrical shapes and touched some charka-buttons in her abdomen while having sex with her. This ritual caused the world to burn.
I discovered that most of mankind belonged to a dark power that is controlling the world and that carry you over to their religions to lead you astray and demonize you. So yes, it was just and legit to make the world burn.
>>
>>19420768
>The media started to lie, told us there were WMD's in iraq
I know you're young, but you don't really think this is when the media started to lie, do you? They were lying for decades before this, at least as far back as the 60s. Go watch the fake footage CNN was caught filming during the Gulf War back in 1990!

>People start to become more anti government
The only people who were anti-government back then were lefties and conspiracy theorists. Conspiracy theorists are always anti-government, and the lefties largely stopped being anti-government when King Nigger was elected.
>>
>>19414672
hope this helps with ur ptsd, 100% srs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFKVVP8KXd4
>>
>19415229
maybe we just didn't see how bad it was until then?
>>
>>19414208
>>19414485
It's because 2006~2008, 2007 specifically, is when the last major culture shift happened. The event greatest symbolizing this shift imo being the release of the iPhone, allowing every individual normie to use the internet where they want, when they want.
>>
>>19417379
I remember watching that Episode 2012? Or something and feeling really bad because thats exactly what i noticed i was turning into. Atleast now I've found some things to enjoy, but everything before i enjoyed is now gone like eating unhealthy shit, videogames, TV series
>>
I had a mental psychosis in 08 from medication. Ever since then reality seems off.
>>
>>19420768
I'd like to say that the 90s were over when 9/11 happened. And by "90s" I mean that carefree existence we all experienced during that time period. After that, no more fun and games.
>>
Look up the IG, "popculturediedin2007"

There is a shift here dude. I dont feel like going into it but there are many who agree with your sentiment, OP
>>
>>19414208
2007 was also the year Brittany Spears shaved her head and had a meltdown

just sayin
>>
>>19414208
>>19414238
>>19414265
https://discord.gg/PVrZamw
>>
File: 1502245448841.png (776KB, 993x638px) Image search: [Google]
1502245448841.png
776KB, 993x638px
>>19414208
>>19414208
>>19414485
How did you guys feel when early-mid 2000s shows and culture concluded in 2006? Sad? Bittersweet?

The way I see it, 2006 closed the book on one era, while 2007 opened the book on another with the Big Bang Theory, geek culture, iPhones, Great Recession, Obama's presidential campaign, HDTVs, etc. and a bunch of other shit happened.
>>
File: 1501108509082.jpg (770KB, 2140x1200px)
1501108509082.jpg
770KB, 2140x1200px
Hmmm....
>>
>>19415534
actually time has been going incredibly slow. I can watch a two hour youtube cid and I look at the time and only 30 minutes have passed.
It really freaks me out
>>
>>19414208
I'm still in my government induced dream simulation coma and it's still 2007 and I'm still 16, once I shape shift back to my true form I can save the world from the Jews and have sex with my wives as king.
>>
Apologies for any spelling mistake in advance, english is not my first language.
So in 2012 i started having a chronic depersonalization/derealization disorder, which is basically feeling detached from reality and myself. I don't know if people in this thread actually suffer from this and didn't knew about it, because the symptoms you guys are describing are well matched with this illness. But now that there are a lot of coincidences in time it's not a coincidence anymore, and even more that a lot of people here too are starting to feel more lucid, i don't know if this could be due to that huge rising in Schumann's resonance. I've felt some glimpses to reality lately, at least to a more lucid vision, it could be anything, and i'm not jumping into any more theories. Also it could be anything else, DP/DR is just a pretty name. And even if you are living quite the "normal" and healthy life there is always a step ahead, you could reach another form of lucidity called "Metanoia" or enlightenment, however you call it.
Reach yourself. Don't lose your essence
>>
I can relate to a lot of what you guys are saying about how the world started to feel different around 2007 or so.

But does anyone else feel like the weirdness and the feeling that something is "off" is becoming increasingly severe? In 2007 it was relatively subtle, around 2013 things really got strange, and in 2015 it became clear to me that something was very wrong and I began to feel depersonalized all the time.
>>
2001-2007 practically the 90's except with heightend 9/11 paranoia. Anime was still violent and aimed towards young boys, tv was starting to become presige tv like the sopranos, sitcoms were still good, like that 70's show, malcom in the middle, music had a lot more genre variety, the movie industry still at least had the pretense of wanting to make art sometimes..

2008-2017 was the rise of the iphone, social media, bank bail outs, sjw's, home foreclosures, recessions, nationalism, occupy wall street, music this is just pop rap or wubstep, shitty movies that are nothing but cape shit remakes, tv is still good sometimes oddly, anime turns into bland shows about cute girls doing cute things.

what amazing fucked up changes will the trump years bring!?!
>>
I've been pretty much consistantly unhappy since 2007. Sometimes I feel like my negativity is emanating out and causing all of this.
>>
>>19423592
I noticed things began to change around late 2014. This was when a bunch of shit really exploded (or things that were around before resurged in popularity after being dormant for a while) like Gamergate, the Fappening, "post-ironic meme" culture, the Internet becoming more closely intertwined with the real world, social media sinking its tentacles even more into our lives, "genderfluid", SJWs, alt-right, political polarization, post-modernism, hedonism, etc.

2007/2014-present is an age so wretched that it brought me to this site. It's easily the most dismal time for music since the early 1960s, with seemingly everybody except for me instead preferring to watch television during their spare time, with Orange Is the New Black in particular creating a culture of suck. Technology has gone off the deep end, no longer promoting creativity or intellect like in my favorite era but instead just promoting shallowness. The only distinguishing fashion trends are either bland or repulsive, both on guys and girls.

Everybody is so irresponsible, distractible, close-minded, narcissistic, and more interested in posting photos of their dinner rather than committing to meaningful lives, which only land in the laps of the biggest trendies. It's an age in which everything is dominated by groupthink, when people of all political backgrounds are viciously tearing each other apart over selfish causes rather than acting as a cohesive society. It's one of the most unhappy times in modern history, and with good reason.
>>
>>19423687
>2001-2007 practically the 90's except with heightend 9/11 paranoia
Fuck no. There was nothing left of the 90s by 2003.

The 90s ended on September 10, 2001; 9/11 through 2006 was just its own unique "pocket era", before iPhones, social media, and the Great Recession shifted things again around 2007.
>>
>>19414208
Same , its like a fucked up dream after that , i really see late 2016 as the year where things started to get normal again , but the dull senses are still there .
>>
>>19423719
Hell no, social media cancer is still enroaching on everything. Trump may be elected but things don't feel that much less cancerous.
>>
>>19423687
Update

2001-2007 practically the 90's except with heightened 9/11 paranoia. Anime was still violent and aimed towards young boys, tv was starting to become presige tv like the sopranos, sitcoms were still good, like that 70's show, malcom in the middle, music had a lot more genre variety, the movie industry still at least had the pretense of wanting to make art sometimes.. emo kids, donnie darko, lord of the rings, harry potter, chapple show, vidya is still a niche hobby for teen boys

2008-2017 was the rise of the iphone, social media, bank bail outs, sjw's, home foreclosures, recessions, nationalism, occupy wall street, music this is just pop rap or wubstep, shitty movies that are nothing but cape shit remakes, tv is still good sometimes oddly, anime turns into bland shows about cute girls doing cute things. Hyper political tribalism, black lives matter race riots, rapeugees, syrian war, isis, sjw's, the alt right, being offended at everything all the time no matter what. Feminazis acitvly try to ruin video games, hyper idenity politcs, clickbait, yuppie scum, gentrification, liberal elites, failure of liberal elites and sjw's to stop trump, return of the far left from their post cold war slumber, socalists, communist. An exhausting time period filled bland culture, offended people, and endless cultural and physical battles
>>
>>19423743
2007 belong more with the latter era, iPhone was released in 2007 and the Recession began in December
>>
>>19414208
I always said since I was young that something about 2007 was weird, I mean after 2007. The quality of media after 2007 has dropped significantly. Things you see every day in the news seem to be getting more and more ridiculous every day. I'll believe it
Could also be your transition into adulthood from childhood. 2007 is also the year i heavily began getting into the internet and abused the shit out of it. It was like an addition, my parents couldn't pull me away and my depression started because of symptoms from this.

Just putting info out there, perhaps we can make a connection
>>
My major breakdown started in 2007 and ended in 2009 when I reached rock bottom.
>>
>>19423728
give it time. I would say by the near of 2018 the trump cultural zeitgeist whatever that is will start to take shape.

The libs saw the obama win as a final victory.
They saw the trump win as the past crawling out of its grave to eat their brains and are now turning inward with anxiety and defeat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoNZRDHHPxc
>>
>>19414208
It feels as if everyone's been in a trance since then.
I certainly haven't felt the same, my memory 2007 onwards has been fucked
>>
>>19420768
The vibe I get from a lot of 90's media is a kind of optimistic self deprecation. As if people were saying "okay, things are pretty dumb now, but the future is right around the corner". And then the year 2000 came and passed, we didn't pass into some science fiction utopia, things only seemed to get worse. The sense of optimism melted away, and the playful self deprecation mutated into outright depression and nihilism.
>>
File: ZomboMeme 10082017201541.jpg (116KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
ZomboMeme 10082017201541.jpg
116KB, 1200x800px
Kids... the 90s was a great (fun) era but life's never been especially good, nobody's ever really been honest, and this shit has always been pretty fucked up right here.
>>
>>19414208
I do. I was a NEET all my life. Both my parents died in 2007 just months apart. Life hasn't felt like life ever since. I have no motivation anymore. I work a dead end job, surf the net, sleep, do chores and little else. Been like this and single for 10 years now.
>>
>>19414803

I'm 38. Same experience.

I had things get a bit odd at the end of 2007. End of 2011/2012, the subtle nightmare reality began. It has many goods though. A mixed bag.
>>
>>19414208
2007 and 2008 feels like two different decades to me, even though it's just one year apart from each other
>>
>>19423839
I feel a similar way but about 2006 and 2007. 2006 is the last year i consider "retro" in some way
>>
Not sure if this is related but does anyone else get these randomly occurring feels in the pit of their stomach of the entirety of reality just sinking and free-falling over the span of a few seconds?
>>
I feel madly in love with a woman for the first time in 2007, she was older than me and i could never have her.
She quit her job and moved away and 2008 is when my lifer started going down hill more than normal.
Now im an anxiety filled suicidal neet wreck filled with self hatred and weltschmerz for how much the world has gone down hill.
I guess i could stand it if music, movies, and pop culture had not gone to shit as well.
I guess i just miss when sjw's didnt exist, and i was a kid and would wake up on Saturday mornings to watch digimon
>>
>>19423901
is that her in the pic?
>>
>>19423901
>I feel madly in love with a woman for the first time in 2007, she was older than me and i could never have her.
>Now im an anxiety filled suicidal neet wreck
I could have uttered the same exact words. My condolences.
>>
File: (you).jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>19414208
Let me guess, you stopped being a kid at that point?
>>
>>19423905
Me on the right
>>
People stopped caring about anything. There could be a death in the family and they shrug it off in record time. Also positive thinking and visualization don't work anymore. Also it's almost impossible for regular people to make and save a decent amount money so they can have some security in life.
>>
File: as i stand killing.jpg (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
as i stand killing.jpg
50KB, 500x500px
Kinda like a late installment making a major retcon with all these people coming out of the closet, changing religions, getting arrested or sued for being rapists, pedophiles, wife/husband beaters, murderers, etc. It's supposed to be the same person showing their true colors but coming this late it's surreal.
>>
I've felt weird as well. Not a specific time but I've had instances where I've looked in the mirror for awhile because I felt like I didn't know what I looked like any more. The world we live in feels like it wasn't supposed to happen or like it's an accidental timeline. Like one little thing happened awhile ago and made this butterfly effect.
>>
>>19415548
unfortunately, this
>>
2006 was the end of one era; 2007 was the beginning of another.
>>
>>19424804
I thought google acquired YT later than that...
>>
the early 2000s feel like a far away dream -- lately i've been rewatching everything from sitcoms to movies to award shows to music from that era, almost trying to convince myself that everything within those 6-7 years was actually real..... i think the rise of smart phones, on the go internet, and social media really fucked everyone over for good. there is no sense of urgency anymore. everyone is functioning on auto-pilot, more callous and pretentious than ever. the younger generations communicate in a way that generations before did not-- there is that distinct ostentatious, cynical vibe flowing out of every word. its almost as if the mid-200s was when "innocence" was completely annihilated.
>>
I'm crusty old compared to alot of people on this site, and I agree. There's alot of good posts in this thread articulating better than I ever could. I feel the schism began around the late 90s, 97/98, but it didn't really start to kick in until around 2007/8. We started to recycle culture, even tech becomes an update of already existing tech, music became stale. But in 08 it seemed more than just a cultural malaise. Reality itself started to feel "thin" somehow, people got exceedingly dumbed down and have less vitality about them. It's like some dark festering evil in the world started to come to the surface. And whistling passed the graveyard doesn't cut it anymore. I'm hopeful that in it being dragged to the light where it can be tackled head on, there will be better times ahead.
>>
Dear geniuses, study more. The time period you are referring to is when the N$/\ had just put itself in a position to control all forms of communication and then (((you know who))) weaselled into control of that organization. The crappy feeling you experiencing is the feeling you get from living in (((their))) world.
>>
I've felt the complete opposite like before 2007 there was nothing
>>
>>19425336
probably because you're a filthy teen and in 2007 you gained some semblance of consciousness/puberty
>>
>>19425128
What can you say about 98? It was the second most life changing year I had and I don't really remember why.
>>
>>19425001
>there is no sense of urgency anymore
In what way? It seems to me like a lot of people act like there aren't enough hours in the day. Gotta get shit done at work, gotta get to this party, gotta get this project done, etc. Maybe it depends a little on age.

>everyone is functioning on auto-pilot, more callous and pretentious than ever
This is true once someone pulls their phone out. You're right that many people have no sense of urgency. The only sense of urgency they have is checking their social media, and when they look up from their phone, 2 hours have zipped by. And yeah, social media has detached people from reality and their social circle. Many people's social circle only exists largely online!

>the younger generations communicate in a way that generations before did not-- there is that distinct ostentatious, cynical vibe flowing out of every word
I have a friend who's a decade younger than me (I'm almost 35). Him and his friends his age seem so bizarre. Their whole lives seem to revolve around Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. They're incredible sociall detached, to the point of seeming autistic. Even the girls can't seem to converse face-to-face with anyone properly. They need the filter of texting to have a conversation. It's awful.
>>
File: apsycho_sunshine.png (92KB, 415x214px) Image search: [Google]
apsycho_sunshine.png
92KB, 415x214px
>>19425128
>I'm crusty old compared to alot of people on this site
Hello fellow old dude. How old are you? I'm the ancient 35 year old from here >>19426354.

>I feel the schism began around the late 90s, 97/98
I know what you mean. Distrust in the government and skepticism about where society was heading was manifesting in pop culture. Movies like The Matrix and Fight Club, for example. The Y2K hysteria was really ramping up. People thought anything electrical was going to stop working and everything was going to collapse. Then you had the rash of school shootings that culminated in Columbine.

>But in 08 it seemed more than just a cultural malaise
The economic downturn really contributed to this. I remember getting home from work and turning on the news to see that the DOW had dropped 777 points and thinking "Fuuuuuuuck."

>people got exceedingly dumbed down and have less vitality about them
The rise of smart phones, social media and extreme leftism is what dumbed people down. A lot of people lost their jobs and had little money. That would sap most people's vitality.

>I'm hopeful that in it being dragged to the light where it can be tackled head on, there will be better times ahead
I wish I could say the same. I feel that things are going to get much worse long before they get better. Big tech companies are in the beginning stages of really clamping down on wrongthink online. Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Trump's highly successful use of social media caught them offguard, and they're not going to let that happen again. Truly Orwellian shit is coming.
>>
>>19426354
>Even the girls can't seem to converse face-to-face with anyone properly. They need the filter of texting to have a conversation. It's awful.

This. They can't talk to a person's face. They're glued to their phone and if you speak to them, they look at you like you're the idiot. But if you try talking to them through text, they can hold an intelligent conversation complete with emotional nuances in the form of emoji.
>>
>>19426589
>They're glued to their phone
I've stood outside of a supermarket smoking a cig at night on multiple occassions and pretty much every time I've seen a string of girls get off work and from the moment they're out of the building, all the way to their cars, their faces are in their phones. These girls have no situational awareness and one day they're going to get robbed, raped, kidnapped, etc, all because they couldn't wait until the got to their car to pull out the phone.
>>
>>19426354
35 and you can't relate? That makes me feel a ton better at 45. I've secretly thought it was just my own Luddite tendencies that have cut me off from the meme of modern technosociety.
>>
>>19414265
oh shut the fuck up with that nonsense. I can't believe there are people who have no clue what they are saying, yet speak to bullshit so confidently. What a fucking idiot.
>>
>>19414696
I was like 6, woke up at the morning and looked at my mothers face while she was sleeping, I swear to the old ones her previous face shifted into the current one.
>>
>2001>2007>>>2013
2007 was a big jump but 2013 felt transitional as well. Something is definitely up and it really wouldn't surprise me if the whole thing about the elites or CERN messing with the timeline was legit.
>>
>>19414208
Honestly, life's only been getting better for me.
>>
>>19417772
While this is mostly just crazy shit, the idea of things progressing to fast to the point our minds just can't handle it the same way might work. The more things evolve, the faster they continue to evolve, and with technology it's really hitting a stride. Plus, we're too aware of the vastness to the world around us. Probably nothing more than that.
>>
>2007-08
>black man beats Clinton to become first black president
>2015-16
>celebrity beats Clinton to become first twitter addict presidentt
Don't you all see, to fix it we just need to elect real presidents it's again. Vote Hillary into office.
>>
For me it's kinda the opposite, almost everything between 2003 to 2009 doesn't feel real. As in, sometimes I wonder if I got hit in the head and lost part of the memories of those years.
>>
>>19414208
Yes! Something fucky happened in 07. Everything has been weird since.
>>
>>19420875
>>19420768
I think 9/11 changed how people were anti-government.

Now I am obviously generalizing here, but before there was this feeling that people wanted to know what the government was hiding. It was a very leftist field, it was about aliens and in general a lot of paranoid nutters had a thing for science, mostly computers and drugs.
Now people are afraid of what the government are hiding, there was a shift to the right, and the weirdos are afraid of science.
>>
>>19427142
You probably have cancer. Soz. :(
>>
>>19426303
It was like the 90s up until that point still retained some innocence and hope. For me that's really a decade of two halves, from the early to the late. I filtered most of it through a pop culture lens at the time, but it was where real corporatism started to eat into and subvert organic movements then sell it back to the masses in a sanitised package. Politics also got way more cynical and calculating and the cult of personality started taking over. It was very clear some of us could see exactly where it was heading, I live in England and we said if Blair gets in he's gonna take us to war. Sure enough that's exactly what he did.
>>
>>19414208
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnrJzXM7a6o
>>
>>19426383
I'm 40. Agree with all you posted, particularly the last part. It's definitely gonna get worse before it gets better. It's like they're making a huge overt power play now, likely because people did start standing up to them. There's no backing down now or they'll drag us into a future that makes 1894 look tame.
>>
in 2007 I started college and until that point I was never able to imagine a future for myself. As if I was supposed to die at that point or that I'm in a timeline where I don't exist, but I do. It's been 10 years of drinking and weird coincidences that made it nearly impossible to achieve anything. or not
>>
>>19417772
The understanding of time as we currently agree upon by is that time itself is a constant. A constant, that is constantly in rhythm, and follows no outliers. It perpetually extends, where future and past are all tied to.

Personally, it seems that time accelerates based on the amount of control we allow ourselves to have. With this in mind, the key being "mind" here, the acceleration of change is affected by the willingness of change to come from within the minds of the masses. This is probable, for the control over the mind has been a long-standing hunt. To dominate the minds of millions upon billions of those in the world is to also shape the direction of humanity and its achievements.

One of the core issues with this dominance for such a power has led to this - it is not the direct control of the mind, but how to shift the mind in its current state. This is how sublimation of information and subversion has been massively effective, but it relies on the constant of time to take its course. Both words have the prefix "sub-", which indicates something under or beneath. If they can get past your ego, your skin and flesh, they will have power over it. Ways to change a behavioral pattern, a psychological reaction, a different sensation towards a stimulus. All become accessible (to a degree), once made possible. For that which it does not affect is by clearing the mind and understanding more than one knows, rather than the opposite. The amount that this will accelerate before a rate of change is witnessed will be one of the greatest testimonies that we can offer our world.
>>
File: this happened.jpg (45KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
this happened.jpg
45KB, 600x400px
>>19423703
Everything lines up with pro wrestling

>2001
End of the Attitude Era / 9/11 happens
Everything gets really fucked and shitty for a while immediately after (post 9/11 & WCW Invasion)

>2002 - 2006
Ruthless Aggression era, not as good as Attitude Era but still okay

>2007
Chris Benoit murder/suicide, the PG era begins, wrestling is ruined forever
>>
File: 1502188620981.jpg (549KB, 1024x818px) Image search: [Google]
1502188620981.jpg
549KB, 1024x818px
>>19414208
2005 for me, but still
>>
>>19427142
>Honestly, life's only been getting better for me.
I've never wanted to make one of those mocking SpongeBob memes until right now
>>
File: Folder.jpg (489KB, 900x899px)
Folder.jpg
489KB, 900x899px
>>19427464
wow fucking same.
>>
I joined the army in 2007 at 17 years old. Parents signed a waiver. I went to Iraq January 08 and was there for 15 months. Seen how fucked up and fake the media and government is first hand. Came home in 2009 and got out army in 2010. I haven't felt normal since. I feel like a pawn and hate what the world is now. Pure corruption at every level of society.
>>
>>19419058
>>19419141
Late 2011 for me as well, something changed
>>
I think everone is getting depersonalisation disorder cuz we are evolv8ng look up dpd
>>
>>19414208
It's called growing up. You become more aware of time and your perspectives change dramatically, it influences how you perceive everything around you.

I'm 23 and I matured a shit load starting at 20. Back then I was a just a stupid, insecure, car-less loser. Smoking pot, playing video games, and taking classes at community college with no clear goal or path on what I wanted to do in the future. All I can say now is that I have come a long way during those 3 years. It's insane how differently I feel about things now and what I'm currently doing in my life and trying to acheive. I'm almost like a completely different person.

Anyone here go through the same shit?

It makes me fear death honestly. To come so far with my transformation, only to end up being killed in some road accident at 23.
>>
pre 2010:
>Had a large house. (multiple houses)
>Pool in the garden.
>Jacuzzi and Sauna.
>Grass on the roof, thick timber logs built.
>Eating breakfast watching the cows on a neighboring farm.
>Most popular kid in school.
>Had a fucking smoke machine and unlimited supply of fireworks.

After:
>Parents divorce.
>Live with poor mother on welfare.
>Abusing drugs.
>No friends.

That shit hit me hard man.
>>
EVERYONE GOOGLE DEPERSONALIZATION DISORDER

THIS IS A SIDE EFFECT FROM SPENDING MOST OF OUR LIVES STARING AT A SCREEN
>>
>>19414208
Even though I was too young to put it in words, every year after 2005 has felt progressively weird. And even today, I'm still unsure how exactly it feels weird. I feel like there's some layer of distortion, not exactly a sensation that everything is "fake", but it feels almost dreamlike.
>>
>>19428611
>car accident
Feels good to not be a vehiclecuck.
>>
>>19426915
This so much
>>
>>19427665
Also lines up with the end of Runescape's golden age in 07-08
>>
>>19423901
>falling in love with someone who doesn't even notice you

thats called social retardation
>>
>>19414208
To me it's like there is a world up to 2001 then an odd five year long "limbo" from 2002 to 2006 and everything from 2007 and up feels just "abnormal" like you said, i wonder why that is
>>
>>19428611
>acheive
keep maturing, son. you're not there yet.
>>
File: kiddie-pool-1024x768.jpg (423KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
kiddie-pool-1024x768.jpg
423KB, 1024x768px
>>19428672
>pool in the garden
pic related?
>>
>>19427665

And the 80's Hulkamania era was the absolute peak, even going so far as to transcend wrestling itself and become a cultural phenomenon.

Comparitively, the 80's have transcended simply existing in the 80's, as it is constantly the throwback decade that modern creative works ripoff or try to emulate.
>>
>>19430429
I think he means a swimming pool with water in it.
>>
>>19414208
2007 isnt a transitional point though op. its like 93 - 95, 2002 (major paradigm shift nothing to do with the war on terror) 2005 and i think its like 2011 or 2010 and 2013

2007 isnt special as far as changes. to be clear this timeline was always fucked up
>>
Apparently, the last part of 2007 was when the most iraq citizens and us military were killed.

>http://www.nbcnews.com/id/22451069/ns/world_news-mideast_n_africa/t/was-deadliest-year-us-troops-iraq/#.WY8MQFGGOUk
>>
>>19414554
im 23 so fuck off you stupid child
>>
File: 1393891675492.jpg (140KB, 680x961px) Image search: [Google]
1393891675492.jpg
140KB, 680x961px
>>19415229
>started to get shitty after 2007
Try 2001
>>
>>19415862pl
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-04-06-23h10m13s326.png (983KB, 1024x578px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-04-06-23h10m13s326.png
983KB, 1024x578px
phone
>>
Completely agree. Something is just different, a helluva lot different.
>>
Quantum.leap was real peeps. It was a fore warning
>>
File: 15c.gif (252KB, 838x650px) Image search: [Google]
15c.gif
252KB, 838x650px
>>19414208
There's some Serial Experiments Lain shit going on
>>
It might be partly your guys' fault. Trump is president because of the chaos magick you caused. That proves the malleability of the space-time fabric. Who knows how long that shit's been going on and to what extent.

So besides everything going weird since 2007, are there any creative types on here who haven't been able to make new shit since about a year ago?
>>
>>19420730
>>19419141
2011 was fucking screwy. I feel like I'm compelled to remember it as some really pivotal year even though the only things I can really remember from it are Halo Reach, My Little Pony becoming this huge fucking thing, and Forget You by Cee Lo Green.
>>
>>19414208
>>19414485
>>19414500
It's called growing up roasties
>>
>>19434127

It's called reductionism jamrag
>>
>>19433979
on the contrary, my creativity is slowly coming back
i've been in the creative process since 2014 and only recently have I felt confident in my ability to make something somewhat meaningful
>>
In 1999, everthing gone to shit.

The 90's where a downfall era , without self value, only echoeing the 80's.

Culture is begining to merge so deep that nothing make sense anymore.
>>
>>19427464
can relate
>>
The theory is that our planet is moving up to a higher dimension, in a gradual process lasting from 2007 until now, with 2012 as the midpoint.

Before the years end, shit will get much more surreal.

It's very important that you try to be a better person and sort out your issues in the coming months.
>>
>>19428611
Tell me how you got out of your pickle, OP. I was in your shoes until around that age too, but then a bunch of fucked up shit happened and I'm barely better than I was then, lost my job, I'm in debt from school, and I have no ride right now, living with mom and dad again. I pretty much know what I want out of life, but getting kicked around has just made me fall down a downward spiral. I'm 22 for reference, turning 23 in a few months, and I'm terrified of the future.
>>
Im honesty freaked out you said this because i said this to my brother in 2012. He laughed at me.
>>
Read into Depersonalisation OP.
>>
for me it was when Caillou died of cancer in 2010.
>>
>>19434120
KYS
>>
>>19414208

I think this is the case for lots of us here in our mid 20s. 2007 would be our entry into high school. It's when we start to grow up, and see that things suck and show no promise of doing anything but get worse.
>>
>>19414208
2012 was when the real convergence happened
>>
>Most of 4chan was born from 1990-1994
>2007 was when we were all in our awkward highschool phase
>When we become adults and things become more real

Everyone feels this way retards, its called aging.
>>
>>19435635
>most
I have to agree, even though I was born 1987.
>>
>>19435635
Why are things becoming less "real," then?
>inb4 autism
>>
>>19435929
Because of your own mentality. Change your mentality or put yourself in a life threatening situation. A good scare and a hardy pumping of adrenaline will bring you back to reality.

Go sky diving
>>
>>19426915
well then spit some wisdom smartass...
>>
for me its the damn youtube

everything is on youtube, I would be a very social guy probably if it wasn't for youtube
You can just listen to every music you want, bootlegs of great 60-70s bands and classical music
you watch the great blackwhite movies from back then
you could be occupied for atleast 80 years there even if people stopped uploading
>>
>>19434454
its not a laughing matter; i think its honestly a phenomena and there was definitely some sort of shift between 2006 - 2008.
>>
It is a time when, even if nets were to guide all consciousness that had been converted to photons and electrons toward coalescing, standalone individuals have not yet been converted into data to the extent that they can form unique components of a larger complex.
>>
The Cyberpunk future has begun.
The wired has you.

Go rewatch the Matrix and finally take the red pill.
>>
>>19422397
I knew it. FUCKING TUMBLR!
>>
>>19436065
Pretty sure that's what he did anon.
>>
Welcome to /x/ where growing up is considered paranormal
>>
>>19417333
The End is nigh.
>>
>>19423699
Jesus Christ you sound like my grandfather
>>
File: dec22-11-2011.jpg (46KB, 375x268px) Image search: [Google]
dec22-11-2011.jpg
46KB, 375x268px
Big cycle of the Mayan calendar ended on
december of 2011.
>>
>>19430388
It's not as if being socially retarded hasn't always been a thing
>>
>>19433263
>>19433263
>started to get shitty after 2001
Try 65 million bc
>>
>>19423773

I was a teen during the late 90s. It was fun. Not perfect, because people are shit and I had to deal with a lot of shits. But the optimism was palatable. The media was great, especially the music (indie/alt rock, I mean). The internet was just beginning to become popular and the signal to noise ration was much better than it is today.
>>
>>19427275

Prior to 9-11 most anti-government stuff was people like Chomsky and Vidal. Most "anti-government" stuff on the right was people who were upset about paying high taxes. Or Clinton getting a hummer in the Oval Office.

After 9-11 it was still a lot of lefties who were anti-government, but after Obama took office the right started to do more research on why the government sucks.
>>
>>19437882
>who's Timothy McVeigh?

The right has always had bunker swelling nuts ready to commit acts of violence dude.
>>
>>19437892

LOL. No. I meant people like Limbaugh mostly focused on fiscal stuff.

Most political violence is on the far left.
>>
>>19437907
>Most political violence is on the far left.

ok now I know you're from the containment board. Normalizing shit like McVeigh, the pretty much continuous attacks on womens health clinics and doctors, burning crosses etc is the standard alt-shit MO.

remember guys it's totally ok to murder people but only if you're a good little goose-stepper!
>>
File: jews_Ccfe9hIXEAYgKAc.jpg (71KB, 560x640px) Image search: [Google]
jews_Ccfe9hIXEAYgKAc.jpg
71KB, 560x640px
>>19422004
10 days after issac cohen broke it off with her.

feel somewhat responsible for it cause in dec 06 I said "you're really with one of them, I thought you were a country girl?"
>>
File: ann_dafoe.jpg (15KB, 250x318px) Image search: [Google]
ann_dafoe.jpg
15KB, 250x318px
>>19437931
Not the guy your responding to, but:

>McVeigh
Every time I see lefties bringing up right-wing violence, your go-to is McVeigh. And everyone knows why: because you've got precious little else. I'm a bit surprised you never bring up Kaczynski. He wasn't actually right wing, but he detested lefties, which seems like it would be enough for you.

>continuous attacks on womens health clinics and doctors
Let's see a timeline and some numbers, bud. The highest profile attack on an abortion clinic in recent memory was the Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood shooter in 2015, and he only killed 3 people, which makes him an underachiever compared to the average Chicago hoodrat.

>burning crosses
Kek, even YOU don't buy this shit. The KKK hasn't been an actual thing in decades. You've got a hanful of groups consiting of a dozen guy each all calling themselves the KKK despite each of them having nothing to do with the other.

Generally, political violence is a lefty thing. It's why the media covers up for antifa groups and why you guys go hog wild when some wannabe Nazi managed to kill one fat, white lefty chick like it's literally WWII again.
>>
>>19438435
>Every time I see lefties bringing up right-wing violence, your go-to is McVeigh. And everyone knows why: because you've got precious little else.
And he was probably "radicalized" by Feds, too.

>I'm a bit surprised you never bring up Kaczynski. He wasn't actually right wing, but he detested lefties, which seems like it would be enough for you.
Kaczynski called the left out on its bullshit, so they slide him as hard as possible.

>>19438435
>Let's see a timeline and some numbers, bud.
He's never going to argue this in good faith - if he did he'd have to talk about all the Islamic extremists who do that shit and similar shit.

>Kek, even YOU don't buy this shit. The KKK hasn't been an actual thing in decades. You've got a hanful of groups consiting of a dozen guy each all calling themselves the KKK despite each of them having nothing to do with the other.
Every single "KKK chapter" consists entirely of Feds LARPing as KKK memebers
>>
>>19414208
can we get to the bottom of this.
i had that same experience i was born in 88
everything was really good. i graduated in 06 then in 07 everything went to shit. and i have not felt right since then. i feel like i lost myself and my feels.
>>
>>19423693
>Sometimes I feel like my negativity is emanating out and causing all of this.
I often have similar thoughts
>>
Violence is an important aspect to any revolutionary group, right or left.
You need violence in order to overthrow the state.
The problem is that the government has a monopoly on violence and has turned people into docile consumers that think violence is a bad thing.
>>
Did anyone else have a near death experience in 2007?
I was 13, and was in a rollover car crash with my family.
Somehow we all survived.
>>
>>19428672
I had a similar life.
Grew up well off.
I was raised too good for my own good, I can't find happiness now
>>
i dont think that it is true
for me, something from 2004 to 2010 is very nostalgic
>>
>>19415288
that fucking sucks, i first realized i hated living canada day 2007, i was only 11 years old.

Like, i could never put a finger on why i never really felt okay, every time i felt a bit happy it just got/gets crushed instantly. as if i dont deserve it. that day i realized i didnt like anything i used to as much. i used to love swimming but that day my mom said to me "arent you going to go into the water" and i didnt want to make her worry but i just said "maybe later" idk man, i think im just cosmically scheduled to kill myself eventually.
>>
>>19427665
I feel like PG didnt really take off until like 2009, or whenever the fuck john cena had to change the names of his signature moves.
>>
>>19428083
I was actually listening to that album a ton when i came to the realization i was definitely suicidal
>>
You know that feeling of being watched. That when you turn around somebody is there?

2007 was the year digital mass survelience kicked into high gear.

We cant see who is watching us but we know someone is, our brain translates this into the dread that we feel
>>
>>19414803
>>19414731

Yes, I agree with you. However, I think this phenomena can be explained by practical things. After 2007 is when the internet culture started shifting into the mainstream consciousness & it changed the interactions between humanity since then. I do agree that after 2012 is when things felt very "off" though. I don't know if it's me being subjective and just being impartial to my experiences or there was something right about the "end of the world" shit that was being parroted back then.
>>
>>19423703
I agree about those timeframes.
I'm not sure the Recession had much to do with the changes though. Maybe a discussion for another board but I felt like some companies just took advantage of it, pushing off more work for less pay on people when said company wasn't really even affected, just because they could point to the recession.
>>
>>19437844
Yeah but it's also when we started to learn that everything was fake. Thanks to so much communication we learned quickly that the Big News Of The Day (OKC, WTC, Cole, Waco, you name it) were at best half bullshit, we learned what the Clintons were really up to, we started seeing the real bias in media and learn there are no good guys in gubmit.
Felt good at the time but the sense of impending doom was already there.
>>
>>19423565
So i was reading this thread and only freaked out a bit, cause I chalked up most of these experiences to just ageing. I think we can all agree that time goes faster when you get older..

but this post resonates with me even more! I ALSO got DP in the same year, 2012, and it's been kind of a struggle sometimes. Now I am used to it but I still long for the day that it goes away.
>>
>>19414208
Jesus fucking Christ you god damn potatoes. Here's some pshyc101 for ya. Time feels like it's moving quicker as you get older because you have less 'firsts' and so your main recollections of your later years contain less info, hence 'feels' quicker

Anyway times relative.
>>
>>19439335
Disinfo.
>>
something happened in 2012
>>
>>19437931
>burning crosses
Lol. When was the last time the KKK even did anything? 50 years ago? 100 years ago? You can't just point to them forever to excuse your own bad behaviour.
>>
>>19415862
>And that's why I'm an unhappy racist now.
>That's also why I can't get a girlfriend, because they are such fucking cunts and I'm a nice guy.

>>19414208
Welcome to adulthood faggot, time to grow up and stop hoping you're Neo from the Matrix.
>>
>>19439565
Everyone who isn't living in the clouds is an unhappy racist now. You can't deny race matters at this point. You can't deny the multicultural experiment has failed.
>>
The Aquarian Age
>>
>>19414208
For me it was in 2015.
>>
>>19439565
>because
I love my wife. When she was alive too
>>
We all grew up and went from childhood and school to adulthood and being either a wageslave or NEET shut-in. From having no responsibilities to every responsibility.
>>
>>19439576
>I'm a reactionary faggot, with a victim complex.
>the ultimate snowflake.
>slowly being turned gay like the frogs.
Tfw no gf.
>>19439594
Waifu pillow more like.
>>
>>19439576
the waaambulance is comin to pick you up. pack your bib
>>
i wrote the exact date down because the day felt so weird, 06/06/08, accompanied by the text:

>"Something happened to you 6 6 8, the end is in sight."

The entire day felt like a surreal dream. Since then the world has become increasingly colder, the weather was much warmer before. There are often strange noises coming from the sky at a distance. I also noticed Achernar shining blue and red every night far brighter than before. People no longer feel real, I mean this very literally the texture of human flesh is not what it used to be before, there is a rubbery gummy like appearance to skin. The faces also changed, starting with the eyes and spreading to the cheeks and lips. I see two empty holes behind the iris of their eyes.
>>
Now is a great time to withdraw from society and focus inwardly on the eternal nature of the self.
>>
>>19439697
>the texture of human flesh is not what it used to be before, there is a rubbery gummy like appearance to skin
I agree with the rest of the stuff, but skin has always been like that, except on old people.
>>
>>19439653
>>19439686
Not an argument.
>>
File: galaxy.jpg (2MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
galaxy.jpg
2MB, 2880x1800px
>>19414208
why are a lot of people reporting around 2007 to be the worst low hell of their lives. its true for me i got arrested in 07 had to go to court for years and probation for years. was the worst year of my life also. everything was innocent and felt good before that. i don't know what lead to this. maybe its a simulation.
>>
>>19438834
Dude, same here. Also born 88, while I graduated in 07 (Germanfag here) it's all been strange ever since.

Now I know some would say this is due to becoming an adult, but I don't buy it. Something just feels off, in a very dreadful cosmic kind of way.

I sometimes feel like I am in the Movie They Live...
>>
>>19414500
the shift for me was around late 2011/2012 too
>>
>>19419058
>>19419141
Absolutely agree with the late 2011/ early 2012. Something really changed and it makes me so uncomfortable
>>
>>19439653
Can you just, for one time in your pitiful life, stop talking in fucking memes?

You are the the product of the fuckery that is going on, look at yourself for a bit.

I am quite sure you leech on social media leftist groups with the bandwagon, being fed bits of scrambled thoughts from others. Do you even read books on the cause you are supporting?

Why can't you have a decent argument without talking in "reactionary" fucking memes?

You reactionary idiot.
>>
>>19434264
That's because you're getting better at something, you're honing a craft, putting in those 10,000 hours toward mastery.

I think The phenomenon a lot of the people on this thread seem to be experiencing has to do with the cultural shift that happened around 2011 involving social media, and smart phones and the integration of the which into mainstream society.

Social media is that weird thing. It's given rise to a rapid growth of self reference and self awareness and society that tends to waste a lot of peoples time. Instead of spending time honing your personal craft or crafts, you may spend an hour or three hours chasing the Dragon that is social media. When you get a waste of time on this scale spread across the population, you get a rapid D evolution of culture and of general "quality."

I think things are coming back around because people, or maybe mostly artists and creatives are finally spending less of their time on their phones and more time honing their craft, which could be art or could be anything really. Creativity transcends every barrier. When someone builds a community garden, that is a form of creativity. They are creating a bond, a bridge of ideas, a grassroots social point of convening, etc.

Once we stop getting so obsessed with this Internet social media thing we may actually start to wake up out of this malaise and start getting shit done again. I don't think it will go away though, but it will be a lot less of a time waster for most people.

I also think this feeling of oppression that a lot of people here seem to feel stems from people things and groups being more easily parodied or lampooned in the cultural mind. People like us, i.e. outliers and aspies, became easier to make fun of and easier to identify. Same with a lot of cliques or social groups. Since smartphones became popular, the time it takes for a group of people who stray from the cultural zeitgeist too much to be satired has sped up a lot.
>>
Almost everything in this thread causes retardation
>>
>>19414554
I'm 18, 3 years younger than you and I feel things changed since 2010, so we both experienced it at the same age. Must be growing up...
>>
It reminds me of the show The Leftovers. People didn't disappear but it's just the way everything is fucked up yet still normal.
>>
>>19414208
There's a theory that we are inside of a simulation. So forreal this is possible, if not probable. Look up "Glitches in real life" on youtube.

Blessed be.
>>
>>19414208
2007 was differently a pivotal year in world culture. Everything really did seem to change after that year.
>>
>>19420730

I honestly can agree with this on so many levels. Society has become simpler and simpler with each year that passes.
>>
>>19420730
Here's a tip: Stay away from Facebook and Reddit.
>>
>>19428611
>Anyone here go through the same shit?

Yeah. I was a pretty shitty/stupid person back in high school, almost ended up killing myself over unrequited love for a close friend who had turned on me, a shitty home life, shitty grades, no activities or accomplishments, a sense that everything would "end" after high school and a feeling that I had no future.

It's been, fuck, five years since high school ended and I feel like a completely different person. I don't fear death but sometimes I feel horrified that I almost took my own life before my transformation could start.
>>
>>19414641
>Around 2007 and 2008 was when shit like Advice Dog and Trollface started creating a really weird consciousness that more or less affected the way people communicated online.

Obama election engineers.
>>
>>19428360
Tell me about the curruption and what you saw.
>>
>>19436065
>Get's called out on his bullshit
>"l-let's see if YOU are smart tho ;-;"
>>
>>19433766
>Unironically lainposting

kys
>>
>>19414208
its the age of information. We're fucking up the very concept of truth, and the tools to manipulate human thought are stronger than ever and growing faster than most people can adjust
>>
>>19414208
Few stupid changes
-they stoped making new music buy recycling old music
-second life was closed
-internet browser seems cucked ,in particular that firefox
-cynical closing of punlic chat room so that private chat get benefitted
-this style of closing popular things on internet so that some other novice thing get benefitted and one wud ask why yhey closing it it is so popular
-some odd events happening whose chances to happen were neverbefore --obama the black president ,fall of saddam hussain ,and now strangevity is going in alltogether different tide disappearence of mh370,shoot of pessenger plane ,pluto not a planet,closer of deep web,trump coming to power from nowhwhere

What i am talking is the complete shift in the normal curve due to audden information ,my question is why it is happening now
>>
>>19414485
I remember new years 2006, and a second new years 2006.
>>
>>19446284
My theory is that we are all part of universe . And any change in universe at macro level effect micro level , so this thing of time passing faster as you ages isntrue but also it is faster as compared with someone your age 100 years ago coz universe is expanding and this rate is accelerating

Similarly theere must be a macro explanation of chamge in universe(they made worm hole or what)which has caused suchc disruptive change in micro level and we all are feeling that
>>
>>19446284
The movie and music rehashing is so shitty, it only happens mainstream which is why we're subjected to so much of it, but there are indie film makers and music makers that are striving for individuality.

It's always "happening".
>>
I started high school in 2007 so things definitely started getting more interesting
>>
>>19446284
And due you all rmemeber getting aome peculiar deasease at this time which u never had simular like, and when the time phase passed it got okay with itself
>>
>>19446284
There is also a observation of complete meltdown of idols in quicktime-britney spears,michael jackson on internwt there were number of website so popular and then all like dead tv/movie/music had a paradigm shift of dead in creativity how come these thing having lots of novice and creavity all of a sudden lost them

Some thing is wrong with universe i wish to god if it is correct and it got something to do with time frame.. these guys at cern know nut wont not tell, its like shifting to artificial from natural and then remembering the taste of nature and i am sure some frickle minds are behind it
>>
>>19414208
Probably just when you started smoking weed regularly and you have a reality disconnect
>>
The thjngs look not natural but artificial copy of natural...and we can tell coz we have seen what natural means .feel pity for those who cnt sense the chnge
>>
Days seemed longer lat decade. It feels like...
Thread posts: 300
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.