[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tibetian meditation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 2233.jpg (26KB, 439x415px) Image search: [Google]
2233.jpg
26KB, 439x415px
So apparently they can meditate for thousands of years while maintaining nearly intact skin and muscle tissue without any processes of mummification.

Which is practically IMPOSSIBLE even under extremely convenient circumstances IF you are truly deceased.

What's the secret?
>>
>>19413329
No nigga, that monk just died meditating. In fact they go full meditation/trance when they are dying to face what the bardo thodol says.
>>
>>19413329
>What's the secret?
Monasticism. Cleanliness means no germs to decompose with.
>>
>>19413372
>not knowing how many germs he has inside in order to not die.
>>
>>19413329
how old is this mummy supposedly?
>>
>>19413329
That is not nearly intact, that is literally a mummified body. It happens sometimes.
>>
a living person in a deep meditation would have a perfectly preserved body, not a sort of good preserved body. that guy's dead
>>
>>19413466
are germs beneficial?
>>
>>19413809
"Microbiome"
>>>/google/
>>
>>19413813
is it true that bacteria and (pro?)biotics are good to the body because of this??
>>
>>19413329
Cold + dry conditions.
>>
>>19413822
Certain types are required to survive. You wouldn't have a functioning immune system, or digest food properly, if you didn't have them inside you.
>>
File: 1501966119277.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1501966119277.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>19413822

some people need to get a full biome of the intestine injected into them to kick start their digestive system... in other words they take shit germs from person A and inject it into the ass or person B to make the digestive system work again
>>
File: Daisoujou.jpg (34KB, 467x547px) Image search: [Google]
Daisoujou.jpg
34KB, 467x547px
It's a practice called Sokushinbutsu

In medieval Japan, this tradition developed a process for Sokushinbutsu, which a monk completed over about 3,000 days to ten years. It involved a strict diet called mokujikigyo (literally, "eating a tree"). The diet abstained from any cereals, and relied on pine needles, resins and seeds found in the mountains, which would eliminate all fat in the body. Increasing rates of fasting and meditation would lead to starvation. The monks would slowly reduce then stop liquid intake, thus dehydrating the body and shrinking all organs. The monks would die in a state of jhana (meditation) while chanting the nenbutsu (a mantra about Buddha), and their body would become naturally preserved as a mummy with skin and teeth intact without decay and without the need of any artificial preservatives. Many Buddhist Sokushinbutsu mummies have been found in northern Japan and estimated to be centuries old, while texts suggest that hundreds of these cases are buried in the stupas and mountains of Japan. These mummies have been revered and venerated by the laypeople of Buddhism.
>>
>>19413346
Ive been waiting on the Bardo Thodol 17 years.
>>
it's called dying in a cold arid shithole
>>
The low temperature in tibet probably allows them to stay preserved. I did hear about a christian monk sect though that drank a specific type of water that contained trace amounts of arsenic that sort of embalmed them when they went to die.
>>
>>19415248
Thi-...this is my fetish...
>>
>>19415777
>trips of truth
this is also why celts and swedes look so young in their 40's
>>
>>19413466
when monks do this they eat a certain food that kills all bacteria inside of them
>>
>>19415268
I learned about this from Shin Megami Tensei
>>
>>19416115

I was wondering why SMT immediately popped into my mind while reading that post. Good catch, Anon.

Why was YHWH such a prick and a jobber to some Japanese kid gang-banging him with inferior spirits?
>>
>>19413329
>Which is practically IMPOSSIBLE
there you have it buddy
>>
>>19415248
>>19413854
I have to eat rotten meat for stronger enzymes then.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.