[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Welcome to night vale opinion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: static1.squarespace.png (19KB, 252x252px) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.png
19KB, 252x252px
Hi what is /x/ opinion on nightvale and did you have any similar podcast to recomand ?
>>
>>19412504

Not very /x/tier. Good production values, good voice acting, and good writing and amusing bits to the stories. But it is not horror in my view, so I lost interest gradually over time.
>>
File: whatlake.jpg (300KB, 868x713px) Image search: [Google]
whatlake.jpg
300KB, 868x713px
SJW nonsense took it over.

I live in the place that it's based on. This place is hilariously conservative. Shame that they decided to forget us.
>>
>>19412608
Yo I get you're twelve and just learned what SJW stands for but in your adolescent spewing of it try to make sure it fits the sentence.
>>
>>19412504
Started off good. Got infected by a toxic fandom.
>>
>>19412751

It does fit because they're partly right.

Only it was SJW nonsense from the beginning
>>
>>19412608
I don't think you understand what that word means, but unless your city has glow clouds and five-headed dragons I think you can argue they left that premise long ago.
>>
The early episodes (up to the first anniversary special) were fantastic. After that it degrades into fanservice and loses its edge, but honestly fandom or not it should have ended there, the core concept really just can't stretch that far and retain the same mystery that made it interesting IMO. First "season" and even a few episodes after that are definitely still worth a listen though.
>>
>the episode with the cassette
>>
>>19412535
This more or less.

The only time it gets really creepy is whenever they start talking about the founding of the town. Whatever went down back when they were setting in the area is honestly unsettling to hear about. I've been out of the loop for a little over a year so I have to go back some time to see if they've touched on it since.
>>
File: IMG_3654.jpg (94KB, 436x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3654.jpg
94KB, 436x500px
Fuck, there is no way these podcast threads are legit. The paranormies looking to name drop thier shit tier podcast again. They learned they could not create a topic about their own podcast, because zero fucks were given over thier posts.

So instead they create these posts about actual popular podcast, just to slip in their own name in the comments.

Now that I actually type this theory out, it hits me how fucking crazy it is? Like if you want podcast listeners, why shill to this dead chan?

Anyway, fuck the paranormies and their shot tier podcast, there. I did it for you.
>>
>>19412504
I hate to make the reference because of all the threads on this lately but I think night mind covered it beautifully. I can't say whether I completely agree or disagree since I dropped nightvale quite some time ago (not for any particular reason, I drop most things midway), but I found his thoughts on it quite insightful.
>>
>>19412856
this
>>
>>19412504
I enjoy it, I wish it had stuck to just more of the weekly news update like most of the first two seasons but thats whatever.
>>
>>19412504
I like it, I'm on episode 82 now. The fanservice is beginning to piss me off though. Plus Joseph Finks intros are really annoying
>>
>>19412504
So much damn potential wasted. I really liked the idea. A radio show about all the creepy shit that goes on in a fictitious town. I really wish they focused on making it creepy and not about making it silly and funny. If only there was something similar that did it right.
>>
>>19416285
>Plus Joseph Finks intros are really annoying
I had to stop when the intros got stupidly long
>>
>>19416433
Its just annoying that he cant just say "for liveshows and news go to nightvale.com or whatever he needs to list every minute detail
>>
>>19412504
Stop shilling your mediocre podcast here please
>>
"Look how gay I am" the podcast
>>
>>19416410
Thanks, I was thinking about listening to this but your comment just told me everything I need to know.
>>
Do you like repetitive humour and jokes getting run right into the ground? You'll like Nightvale.
>>19416837
This too. the protagonists boyfriend has two character traits: "Dude SCIENCE LMAO" and "dude i'm gay XD". Fans defend it only because the character is gay.
>>
I can't STAND the narrator's voice. The way he slowly spells out every single phrase
>>
>>19417040
This. It adds to the cringe for me, which eventually just got way too high to keep listening
>>
>>19412798
>>19412608
Jesus Christ, some people are obsessed with this shit.
>>
>>19412504
cosmic castoff is similar I guess
>>
>>19416800
i do not listen to it i just want something less mediovre. i listen 4 episode and it was just a "meh" for me.
>>
Are the any good /x/ related podcasts though?
>>
>>19417326
I really enjoy Ashtonishing Legends. That's the only one that I can recommend for sure to anyone.
Besides this there's also 13' o Clock but that isn't really spooky it's mostly "let's try to make sense of this thing" with some true crime shit mixed in sometimes.
Where Did the Road Go? is kind of hit or miss. Sometimes good episodes, sometimes bad.
>>
>>19413922
Source
>>
>>19417326
knifepoint horror, but the guy has stopped making stories for it though
>>
>>19419346
Nice, I'm listening to their Jersey Devil show now. Just about every show is about stuff I'm interested in, thanks anon!
>>
>>19412608
Truth.
>>
>>19416285
Hi, this is joseph fink and I'm gay. So gay, in fact, that my asshole bleeds when try to lift heavy things. I have gay cancer. I will die and so will you.
>>
>>19421268
He started it back up recently.
>>
Go to the catalog and search for nightvale you shitbird
>>
>>19412504
I don't understand a thing of what they're saying. It's fucking bizarre
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.