[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paranormal Preparedness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: vintage vampire hunter.jpg (61KB, 554x518px) Image search: [Google]
vintage vampire hunter.jpg
61KB, 554x518px
What are the most common paranormal threats to a person? How do they come to be? What are negative things you have experienced?

And more importantly, what are some tools or weapons that the average person should possess to protect them from paranormal threats? Are crosses effective in keeping yourself spiritually safe? What happens if you're agnostic?
>>
File: alexcf_specimens.jpg (404KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
alexcf_specimens.jpg
404KB, 800x531px
>>19410960
Your box cover the basis and it's nothing too outrageous.
>>
>>19411016
Okay. This is just a sample image I pulled from google, so if anyone has any specific recommendations I would appreciate them.
>>
>>19410960
>What are the most common paranormal threats to a person?
Ghosts and demons, by the sound of things.

I've been thinking about coming up with my own paranormal contingency kit. It'll feature some of the usual stuff - salt, holy water, various religious icons, 11 herbs and spices, cold iron, hammer and stakes, silver knife, first aid kit...

I've also been wanting to write out a sort of handbook for dealing with the various kinds of shit that a person might have to deal with. Monsters, spirits, curses, that sort of thing. Some kind of literature to throw in there so I don't have to go poring through a thousand fucking textbooks and grimoires.
>>
>>19411172
Shit, I feel like I should have addressed.
>>19410960
>Are crosses effective in keeping yourself spiritually safe? What happens if you're agnostic?
Well... ostensibly crosses should, but I think if you're agnostic it's going to be difficult, yeah. That's also what I've been trying to do for a handbook, I'm trying to find more secular defenses against supernatural threats. Incenses, metals, fire, that sort of thing.

Which reminds me. I should make a note to include unscented candles and matches (or a lighter) in the kit.

And chalk. Never know when you'll have to draw a sigil.
>>
>>19410960
>What are the most common paranormal threats to a person?
Usually demons of diverse categories, not sure if all spirits I've comfronted qualified as demons, though I'm willing to make a subcategory between the foul smelling ones that have less power and the ones that have more power but don't reek.

>what are some tools or weapons that the average person should possess

You'd want sum protective magicks, avoid the judeochristian tradition as it is powerless.
No, crosses are not effective.

If you're agnostic, then stop being agnostic.
>>
>>19410960

blessed medal of st. benedict
>>
File: cover202.jpg (41KB, 400x552px) Image search: [Google]
cover202.jpg
41KB, 400x552px
>>19411199
>avoid the judeochristian tradition as it is powerless
They don't seem to think so. Then again, exorcism doesn't always get rid of them for good, so there's obviously a flaw in the claim.

>If you're agnostic, then stop being agnostic.
That's an odd thing to say. Though if someone is already so deep in spoops that they're considering defense, I'm sure the time for uncertainty is over.

Still doesn't say much about gods though.
>>
>>19411209
>They don't seem to think so.
Who?
>exorcism doesn't always get rid of them for good
Exorcism should always work and I know many cases where it didn't, including mine.
The christian tradition is a lie.
>>
>>19411222
>Who?
Judeo-Christians.
>>
>>19411228
Well yeah, they believe it but are unable to pull the shit off.
>>
>>19411184
Good luck! Could be useful.
>>
File: gandalf-reading.jpg (49KB, 555x399px) Image search: [Google]
gandalf-reading.jpg
49KB, 555x399px
>>19411280
Thanks, I've been trying to get through a shitton of grimoires and other books on folklore, monsters, spirits, magic, psychology, and parapsychology to pin down the most likely natural and supernatural explanations for various problems, and how to deal with them in a rational and effective manner.

It's a total pain in the ass.
>>
File: Saint Michael the Archangel.jpg (276KB, 1069x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Saint Michael the Archangel.jpg
276KB, 1069x1600px
>>19411241
Oh, really?
>>
>>19411325
And apart from doubting the word of a person who has experienced posession and posting pics what else are you going to do to prove your words? Roleplay that you are a crusader?
>>
>>19411222
Maybe try some Neuroleptics next time the devil speaks to you. Might be more effective than an inquisition
>>
>>19411888
>hihi, try medication because my religion would be false if you didn't!
My psychiatrist agrees it is not a mental illness.
>>
>>19411907
Not even talking about religion. Just trying to bomb just another thread full of roleplayers and delusional schizos
>>
>>19411934
I guess my psychiatrist is delusional and schizo too, retard.
Science doesn't deny the existence of the supernatural, kys yourself.
>>
>>19411939
If your psychiatrist told you that you're possessed and need to get yourself some silver and shit, then I am sorry to break it to you, he isn't worth shit. But next you'll tell me you will curse me or that the devil is residing in your evil eye that you therefore have to hide because you can't control its powers. Take your meds or got to /qst/ for roleplaying
>>
>>19411939
kill your self yourself? i guess no one else could do it technically
>>
>>19410960
>the average person should possess to protect them from paranormal threats
Wards, plain and simple. Weapons require training and you can hurt yourself if you're not careful. A ward might not protect you from everything, but at the very least it's not something that a powerful enough spirit can turn back on you.
>>
>>19410960
ghosts
>>
>>19410960
salt and iron
>>
File: coshp15.jpg (20KB, 700x457px) Image search: [Google]
coshp15.jpg
20KB, 700x457px
>>19413019
What kinds of wards would you recommend?
>>
>>19411982
No, I will simply ignore you, as you are nothing but a fedora. I'm guessing also that you have never been cursed because you take that as nothing.
>>
Put an Iron Horseshoe on your front door and make sure to throw a lot of salt over your shoulder burn a lot of palo santo, frankincense, or myrrh. Some people suggest using sage but this actually is used to get rid off all energies. Keep something silver on you. Maybe get some type of holy water. Cast some silver bullets, but make sure you do this as safely as possible because a bullet that wont fire properly could blow up in your hand. That's just some of the basics besides the silver bullets.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.