[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think happens after people die? Is there an afterlife?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 11

File: space.jpg (223KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
space.jpg
223KB, 1366x768px
What do you think happens after people die? Is there an afterlife?
>>
>>19409819
I subscribe to the belief that when you die you go to a heaven or hell of your choosing. If you die thinking you were a good person, you go to your ideal heaven. If you die thinking you lived a life deserving of punishment, you go to your ideal hell.

Hell wouldn't necessarily be permanent but more of a tool to work through things and ascend to a better place.

Though we won't likely ever know for sure til it happens to us. I just hope it isn't some Stephen King Revival shit where you're tortured by ancient beasts no matter how you lived your life here on earth.
>>
>>19409819
In my opinion, I believe that something occurs that we as humans can have no idea of. Something we can not fathom
>>
File: must be.jpg (26KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
must be.jpg
26KB, 500x378px
>>19409819
you come back
>>
Death is like a dreamless sleep.
>>
>>19409877
What happens when you wake up then
>>
>>19409851
OP here, I had this same belief but recently I can't shake the feeling that after death there's just nothing.
>>
You go to the spiritual universe.
>>
>>19409819
Perhaps. But if there isn't it's not like you'll care. If you want to believe in an afterlife do it, as long as you don't let it control your life and it helps you get off this rock without too much worry.
>>
>>19409851
Thank God I'm a psychopath.
>>
>>19409877
What happens when you wake up then

>>19410063
This but I just got another idea what if us "dying" is just us moving up a ladder of universes and or dimensions? Or just transferring our consciousness to other ones
>>
>>19410053
Why does that matter? The fear of death is only something the living can experience, once you actually die you'll either go to heaven or see nothing. Nothing isn't a bad thing or a good thing, you won't remember anything. You won't see, hear, think, breath or even be able to comprehend what those words mean. Your life is what you do up here no what happens down there, don't let it bother you too much and if you can't accept that then turn to Religion. Death isn't what defines you, you shouldn't be scared of it. You should be scared of your lack of accomplishments.
>>
Your perspective of the universe observes retrocausality. You realize that you have "always been" in a situation that rationalizes the lifetime you just experienced. Then you either forget it, or remember it.

Time never ends.
>>
Better question. What is death? What if our thought of death is trully wrong
>>
>>19410083
>if you can't accept that then turn to Religion
You realize that truth matters more than emotional comfort to literally everyone, right?
Your advice will NEVER help someone. Nobody ever "turns to" religion unless they're mentally defective. They have to be convinced that an idea has actual truth backing it - that thing religions are famously shitty at doing.
That's why children can be sane in their family's religion (sometimes, in some religions), but converts are always damaged goods.
>>
>>19410114
*almost* literally everyone. Truth matters more than emotional comfort to almost literally everyone. I thought I typed it that way, then I found I'd missed an important word.
Although it wouldn't surprise me if it really WAS literally everyone. it's a pretty universal sentiment. Reals > Feelz
>>
>>19410114
Then continue to be fearful of your coming death, I really don't fucking care.
>>
>>19410114
It used to seem like there was truth to the idea of there being at least something after death, but now it seems like something people just tell themselves instead of actually being true. Is there more to it, or is it just a matter of comfort?
>>
I believe you have a choice to live a new life, or do live the life you just lived. but you have no memories of what choice you made. who knows, you could be living the same life thinking you could change it. but you get those dejavu moments.
>>
>>19409819
You wake up.
>>
You awake from your dream
>>
File: 200_s.gif (25KB, 355x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
25KB, 355x200px
I'll let you all know when I find out next week.
I'm done, I've failed too much of my own accord
Should it be an everlasting hell, that is but a welcome compared to this life.
>>
When you die your consciousness(thought, experience, vibrations, and knowledge) "departs" and returns to "God" to be "judged." The energy(spirit, love, chi, force) flowing through your body ceases to flow through you anymore and the material(action/state of change, frequency, the word) slowly breaks down and returns to more base forms to be reassembled into a new form for something else.

Mind, body, and spirit. That's all there is. And God is All.
>>
>>19409819
New game
Load save
New game+
>>
>>19410073
I am unable to see how one can be proud to be a psychopath. Psychopaths are more animalistic in mind and thought. Consciousness always constricted by fear and perceptions of separation.
It's all right though. Even if you believe you feel no empathy and the scientific instruments show you it is so. Just realize you are experiencing things just like everyone else and playing your part in it All. Learning, growing, and living.
>>
>>19410593
This.
>>
File: 1490047840813.jpg (2MB, 1500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1490047840813.jpg
2MB, 1500x2000px
>>19410063
>>19410082
>>19410573

Ultimately in higher levels of existence it's impossible to deny the truth, thus you experience especially everything from everyone else's point of view under this theory of "higher dimensions", thus technically you judge yourself and send yourself to "heaven" or "hell" which ultimately in my view is a state of consciousness that's defined by choice and psychological conditioning of the consciousness.

I also wanted to add something about what I term the nether region, what people call the astral realm, fourth dimension. This is the realm people cross over to, its a parallel realm, consisting of a replica of this world, and or what seems to be the entire astral universe. In the astral universe there is everything, its just a realm of all possible creations mentally, its like a giant MMOPRG and really stupid, and once you realize the chaos of it you realize why everyone wants to come to earth and is actually somewhat privileged to be here because relatively speaking there's much more order then all the creative chaos of mental creation.
>>
File: What_are_they.jpg (193KB, 853x354px) Image search: [Google]
What_are_they.jpg
193KB, 853x354px
>>19410645
Order out of chaos is quite a fitting mantra for this realm of existence. Imagine if you will another realm where non-material consciousness' that may or may of not been human are out there, taking on the form of anything, demons, "ghosts", popular figures from history, even movies, dragons, darth maul, seriously, anything. Imagine a realm where every individual conciousness is doing this in a realm with no control, no rules, just a realm reliant on control of ones consciousness. That's the real chaos of "reality". Most people cannot understand Earth and material existence, my friend, is a blessing of order, although difficult to value once your in it and without a vision of true reality.
>>
>>19410645
>When you realize the 4th dimension is just imagination and dreams.
Every thought that you have must manifest. Correct? Whether it be here or there?
>>
>>19410645
ROLLIN
>>
>>19410669
Yes. The imagination and dreams of all our mental projections...of even ourselves...whether it be here or there.
>>
>>19409819
actually yes there is
in fact in a thread yesterday someone posted a link which had research on how cardiac arrest patients who were resuscitated had remembered events of the resuscitation
>>
>>19409851
Imagine if the afterlife was like that. Just torture. What a life eh?
>>
>>19410778
We torture ourselves constantly. Whether it be personally through anxieties and fears or causing those same feelings and sufferings in others.
>>
After physical death the soul retreats, taking this Spirit with it. The soul takes the Spirit to other planes and there it continues to be punished. For Gnostics, this world is hell; it is full of punishment and suffering from birth until death. But after death the suffering continues and, what's more, can become even more intense. The soul is punished for all the behaviour it indulged in on Earth while it was in the physical body. The suffering continues. The soul is beaten, punished, "cleansed" as some would say, until it is moved to a new body in order for the suffering to continue. Nobody can be saved from hell, not even through death. Once the soul has separated from the body it continues to suffer, and sometimes more so than before. The beatings and punishment continue.

And in this way through subsequent deaths and reincarnations, the behaviour of human beings is shaped. Men are deceived, as they are told this punishment is for their own good, that through it they will "improve", "evolve", "become better", "purer", "holier", "more like their creator". More like their creator satan .
>>
Heaven or hell.
The christian religion is a trap.
>>
As above so below. don't go into the light
>>
as above, so below. quoted endlessly but most dont understand the premise. Macrochosm and Microchosm.
>>
>>19410573
What do you say it's just good for you to belive, but there is not energy spirit, force without solid meat you're made out of, so there was first solid meat, then came the energy and love force. the real truth is : We are just a very complex arrangement of meat. There's nothing more to you than the meat you're made out of.
>>
>>19410669
>>19410688
>Tfw all dimensions are projections of your mind
>>
I personally believe that you reincarnate into something if the same value of your soul/spirit. They move on while the current vessel decays.
>>
>>19410617
It is litterally impossible to not realize the last couple things you said as a human being. You are assuming that the "psychopath" in question has the self reflective capabilities of a toddler.

A. You are thinking of sociopathy
B. Sociopaths realise everything you just said at an early on and usually end up being rather successful but emotionally unattached people.
C. Psychopath can also refer to someone who's been through mania and psychosis. As someone who has, nothing you said is applicable to that scenario
D. Your stigma towards sociopathy is open and innacurate.
>>
the chemical reactions that give way to this iteration of you will stop happening. "you" will still exist to others' in their memories, but your body will not be here to experience or interact with anything. eventually you will be decomposed and the materials created you will be recycled back into the world. death is what makes life precious and possible.
>>
>>19410645
>In the astral universe there is everything, its just a realm of all possible creations mentally, its like a giant MMOPRG and really stupid, and once you realize the chaos of it you realize why everyone wants to come to earth and is actually somewhat privileged to be here because relatively speaking there's much more order then all the creative chaos of mental creation.
I've had this thought before and it fills me with dread, because I fucking hate my life and am borderline suicidal, but then I consider that maybe this is actually as good as it gets and whatever awaits in the "afterlife" is even worse. People don't ever stop to think how horrifying "a realm of dreams where everything you could ever want comes true!!!1one" would actually be.
>>
When you die, your rite of passage i.e. this life is over, and you wake in another physical universe that has 'friendlier settings.' That world is in another dimension. To us mortals the life of the immortals is heavenly. Their world is very futuristic, and life there is young, long, and rich. Their cities are like vast oceans of city lights and they build in the sky there too, so their night sky is totally a marvelous thing to behold. VR is intermingled with the real world and their internet is omnipresent. All earth things are present there, you can like conjure up the novel manuscript you never finished on earth, or Game of Thrones and watch through the seasons if you want, or even play Skyrim - but why would you: their games are a million years ahead of us. Or it's something entirely different how would I know.
>>
>>19411338

Whoa. That was really deep and edgy.
>>
>>19409819
I hope so, anon. Some people are such beautiful spirits, it's heartbreaking seeing them disappear.
>>
Better question; what could possibly convince you that you've already died? Humans view linear time backwards--every event your physical self as a human has ever memorized was experienced in the form of it already having occurred

Some people will NEVER admit that they are dead. Thus, they will never experience their own death, and will never remember having been alive more than once. They are a special kind of immortal, with spiritual amnesia, and life after life, they continue to believe it's their first time, every time.
>>
>>19409851
>If you die thinking you were a good person, you go to your ideal heaven.
That's moronic, bad people rarely see themselves as bad. I guess Hitler and all the ISIS suicide bombers get to chill in heaven because they thought they were doing the right thing.
>>
>>19409923
You don't.
>>
> start life brought up as catholic
> begin an incessant thirst for knowledge
> stray away from family beliefs and find solace in atheism
> become overwhelmed with quantum theory and theoretical physics
> at 13 take first 3.5g does of psychedelic mushrooms
> have your beliefs twisted from the inside out
> new truth search begins
> take lsd mushrooms and don't throughout teen years
> discover that something beyond my comprehension exists that I can't fully grasp
> realize that atheism no longer supports the paradigm I find myself in
> realize that pantheism might be my ultimate truth
> define my ultimate state as the "witness"
> witness = the watching of thoughts, the thing that can hear everything inside our minds
> realize we all share this "witness" and that our experiences and thoughts create our individuality
> our flesh puppets are the illusion
> birth and death are illusions
> the witness is eternal, therefore we are eternal

Upon our "final" deaths in this system we return to this ethereal state, this existence as the eternal witness. Consciousness is the underlying fundamental force that creates reality as it exist, we as this force are in an essence the "godhead" we are, and will always be eternal. Death is a physical construct, and we are bound to the energy of the system we reside in, we are bound to the magnetics of our planet and our parent star "SOL." Until this star burns out we will continue the process of death and rebirth here, living every possible existence throughout the time continuum. Once the star dies, we return to the eternal witness and bind ourselves to a knew system or dimensional plane; as we move through this process we will experience existence as everything, including higher forms of life and intelligence, as well as lower . We continue this cycle of creation, for that is what we are, we are creation, we are the witness, we are the universe, and WE ARE ETERNAL...
>>
Edit for typos...

> start life brought up as catholic
> begin an incessant thirst for knowledge
> stray away from family beliefs and find solace in atheism
> become overwhelmed with quantum theory and theoretical physics
> at 13 take first 3.5g dose of psychedelic mushrooms
> have your beliefs twisted from the inside out
> new truth search begins
> take lsd mushrooms and dmt throughout teen years
> discover that something beyond my comprehension exists that I can't fully grasp
> realize that atheism no longer supports the paradigm I find myself in
> realize that pantheism might be my ultimate truth
> define my ultimate state as the "witness"
> witness = the watching of thoughts, the thing that can hear everything inside our minds
> realize we all share this "witness" and that our experiences and thoughts create our individuality
> our flesh puppets are the illusion
> birth and death are illusions
> the witness is eternal, therefore we are eternal

Upon our "final" deaths in this system we return to this ethereal state, this existence as the eternal witness. Consciousness is the underlying fundamental force that creates reality as it exist, we as this force are in an essence the "godhead" we are, and will always be eternal. Death is a physical construct, and we are bound to the energy of the system we reside in, we are bound to the magnetics of our planet and our parent star "SOL." Until this star burns out we will continue the process of death and rebirth here, living every possible existence throughout the time continuum. Once the star dies, we return to the eternal witness and bind ourselves to a knew system or dimensional plane; as we move through this process we will experience existence as everything, including higher forms of life and intelligence, as well as lower . We continue this cycle of creation, for that is what we are, we are creation, we are the witness, we are the universe, and WE ARE ETERNAL...
>>
>>19412694
Then how did I get here?
>>
the soul exits its body and seeks a new one.
wandering souls are naturally drawn to the energy of their past lives, present in all lives and events which were influenced by their living actions, so they naturally tend to reincarnate in bodies where they will suffer from or enjoy the effects of their actions in the past.
>>
>>19411599
Literally everything is made out of energy. Atoms are made out of protons and neutrons, which are made up of quarks and electrons. Which are made out of pure energy or aether.

Material is the state of energy going from low to high and high to low, being guided and direction by consciousness. To put this in other words, frequency. The state at which material is in is its vibration: gas, liquid, solid, and plasma. Broken down to its base form is aether, pure energy.

Spirituality and science go hand in hand. Most religions try to tell us how it is, however due to us being human we bend twist and warp the truth by the emotions we feel. Therefore the truth is lost in translation.
Most religions lose sight because they instill fear and work under fear, which is the most blinding and damaging emotion.

Current technology is unable to prove any of this. And the direction that humanity is currently heading towards we may never prove any of it.

I have only come to this conclusion by studying and having intuitive flashes of thought when meditating on the subject. I could just be going crazy. Though it makes sense to me.
>>
>>19409819
Atheist. I believe in hell and in reincarnation. You can escape reincarnation, it's called Moksha. I don't believe in Hinduism, but it has some truth to it. Islam has truth to it as well. Both religions were brought to earth by friendly aliens.
>>
OP again, I appreciate the insight. It's fascinating to hear different perspectives and I think I understand things a little better.
>>
>>19409864
>you come back
please god no anything but that
>>
fun fact- with all the unknown time shifts happening i don't think anyone is allowed to die right now.
you should try it, literal instant re-spawn right now. it is like waking up from a fucked up dream that seemed to real to be fake.
>>
>>19414313
For real. I'd rather spin a wheel with a list of every bad and good possibility on it than settle for that.
>>
>>19413792
>Islam has truth to it as well.
>Both religions were brought to earth by friendly aliens.
So friendly aliens gave us the most violent and destructive religion on earth?
>>
>>19409819
You don't. Think about it, have you ever died before? Didn't think so faggot.
>>
>>19409819
No you die and your body rots. Electrical impulses in your brain is responsible for "consciousness". It is what your every perception is all of your sense are due to electrical impulses from complex nerve endings in your brain. When you die it's nothing absolutely goddamn nothing. Your consciousness doesn't transfer to a new being because what you were is dead. All religion that says your going to live forever or your "spirit" is reincarnated were made up by crazy fools afraid to die. Death is something the human mind can not comprehend as it is an experience that you will never see everything that is "you" is gone. Stop worrying about death and live your life it will be taken from you at some point so enjoy it.
>>
The idea of an aferlife is retarded. So it's like life, but in heaven or hell, right. So time still exists right ? So what do you do in heaven all "day" long ? Just slacking with dead relatives for eternity ? What a fucking bore dude.
>>
>>19410645
Let's see which one I summon.
>>
>>19413045
Somebody knocked your mum up.
>>
>>19409861
This or nothing at all. People seem to think they have it figured out with "heaven" lol. Keep dreaming people.
>>
>>19410573
It blows my mind how religion is still a thing. You'd think more people would be smart enough to realize its all bullshit. I guess we still have people who are dumb like in the past when it first started lol.
>>
>>19411785
Out of everything I feel like this could happen. Hell the universe is unknowingly massive. We could reincarnate into something millions of light years away. That would be neat, but then that would mean that we would live forever technically.
>>
I believe that when we die we are to live our lives again, but in this life we make a different choice (big or small) creating a new time line. We spend all eternity living out every possible outcome of our lives.
>>
>>19417479
this, but once you achieve the best possible outcome you are freed and allowed into heaven
kinda like in groundhog day
>>
And sometimes you can remember somethings of your other lives and we call that déjà vu.
>>
>>19417497
and when you experience déjà vu is when you are remembering your past lives
>>
Physicist here. Sorry to have to tell you this, guys but, there is no deity or afterlife. However, because the brain is responsible for your perception of time, as soon as you are completely dead, one could assume that the rest of the lifespan of the universe (from the big bang to heat death) plays out instantly. This does not mean you will be here to witness this event, but you may get some comfort through considering the fact that the universe may well be fractal/infinite.
>>
>>19411812
This.
For the dead, death is a dreamless sleep where "you" are no longer.

If time and space do prove infinite though, I like to believe that somewhere out there or even perhaps here long after time has forgotten you. You will awaken again.

Always remember anons there is tomorrow even in death there is tomorrow
>>
>>19417941
>m-muh physics
>the same physical 'laws' which undergo complete overhauls every couole of decades
lol
>>
>>19418007
>complete overhauls
Are you even moderately educated?
>>
>>19418007
Who should we trust with the truth? Ancient books and blind faith, or people far far far smarter than you or me who are determining the nature of the universe
>>
>>19409819
go flatline yourself and find out
>>
>>19410053
nothing is bad to you because you cant actively remember what it feels like. I assume death is like right before you fall asleep, your brain cuts conscience thinking.
>>
Remember how it was like before you were born? I imagine it's like that once you die.
>>
File: Doubt.png (85KB, 492x280px) Image search: [Google]
Doubt.png
85KB, 492x280px
>>19417941
>Physicist here
>>
>>19410053
Funny I'm the exact opposite: I used to believe there was nothing after death now I am starting to think there is something.
>>
>>19410794
And your point is? People torturing themselves emotionally all their life doesn't mean they are ok with more torture.
>>
I was raised Christian so used to believe in Heaven and Hell. Later I was an atheist because I didn't find any hard evidence supporting those beliefs. Then I was agnostic because I felt arrogant assuming that I could know enough with my limited senses to decide what was real. Then I started to remember strange experiences I had as a child where I would see flashes of other landscapes layered over top of what I was seeing and that I was still experiencing that at times but had grown so accustomed to it that I wasn't noticing it anymore. I am starting to believe that there is something else here that we can't see. That makes me wonder if there is something after we die.
>>
>>19409819
Christfag here. Just so you know where I come from.
We become the earth. As the earth now you are part of the rest of everything that makes everything.
You are now everything.
>>
>>19414216
I've been dwelling on this for years now. What to believe, what's real, what's bullshit, and the anxiety that comes with it.

I can't get over the fact of eternal nothingness. Time continues without me, you, anyone, it just does. It hurts to think about it too. Disappearing into an infinite universe that'll never be discovered by humans within any life time of any point ever.

But, what's beyond that. Is there nothing past the infinite? Is every death on every planet counted towards a heaven or hell?

When I swat a mosquito, does it come back as another mosquito? Couldn't be because of extinction.

And with extinction comes nothingness for an entire specieis for etnernity.

But, why are we the 'only' animals capable of self awareness and the idea of a higher power?

Why are all animals afraid of death? Why do they all panic on their way out?

I just hope that whatever happens is better than eternal nothing.
It makes me sad when I think of all the relationships people build, for nothing; soldiers going to war for pride of their country, for nothing; We love and hate for an end result of nothing.

But, after running all of these things through my mind, my anxiety ridden stomach feels at peace, like I was meant to die. I was meant to come and go, enjoy my ride and ask for nothing else. Life is beautiful and should be lived to the fullest.

On another note, people on this board think they can summon Demons and Angels, so believe in whatever you want.

As for me, Deism is the way. The idea of a higher power watching over everything is totally a possibility. There will NEVER be a way to prove it and never be a way to deny it.

-Galactic
>>
I'm a fan of the isekai anime version of rebirth, where you're sent to an alternate/fantasy world. I realize how idiotic it is but I just want something to look forward to when everything is over.
>>
>>19410563
I hope you may find peace and happiness
>>
>>19409819
reincarnation
>>
>>19409819
http://search.aol.com/aol/search?enabled_terms=&s_it=client97_searchbox&q=is+there+an+afterlife
>>
And they say, “There is not but our worldly life; we die and live (i.e. some people die and others live, replacing them) and nothing destroys us except time.” And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming. And when Our verses are recited to them as clear evidences, their argument is only that they say, “Bring [back] our forefathers, if you should be truthful.” Say, “God causes you to live, then causes you to die; then He will assemble you for the Day of Resurrection, about which there is no doubt,” but most of the people do not know. (Quran, 45:24-26)
>>
Islamic doctrine holds that human existence continues after the death of the human body in the form of spiritual and physical resurrection. There is a direct relation between conduct on earth and the life beyond. The afterlife will be one of rewards and punishments which is commensurate with earthily conduct. A Day will come when God will resurrect and gather the first and the last of His creation and judge everyone justly. People will enter their final abode, Hell or Paradise. Faith in life after death urges us to do right and to stay away from sin. In this life we sometimes see the pious suffer and the impious enjoy. All shall be judged one day and justice will be served.

Faith in life after death is one of the six fundamental beliefs required of a Muslim to complete his faith. Rejecting it renders all other beliefs meaningless. Think of a child who does not put his hand in fire. He does not do so because he is sure it will burn. When it comes to doing school work, the same child may feel lazy because he does not quite understand what a sound education will do for his future. Now, think of a man who does not believe in the Day of Judgment. Would he consider belief in God and a life driven by his belief in God to be of any consequence? To him, neither obedience to God is of use, nor is disobedience of any harm. How, then, can he live a God-conscious life? What incentive would he have to suffer the trials of life with patience and avoid overindulgence in worldly pleasures? And if a man does not follow the way of God, then what use is his belief in God, if he has any? The acceptance or rejection of life after death is perhaps the greatest factor in determining the course of an individual’s life.
>>
>>19409819
You return to the state that you were in before you were in your dad's balls - you no longer exist.
>>
The dead have a continued and conscious existence of a kind in the grave. Muslims believe that, upon dieing, a person enters an intermediate phase of life between death and resurrection. Many events take place in this new "world", such as the "trial" of the grave, where everyone will be questioned by angels about their religion, prophet, and Lord. The grave is a garden of paradise or a pit of hell; angels of mercy visit the souls of believers and angels of punishment come for the unbelievers.

Resurrection will be preceded by the end of the world. God will command a magnificent angel to blow the Horn. At its first blowing, all the inhabitants of the heavens and the earth will fall unconscious, except those spared by God. The earth will be flattened, the mountains turned into dust, the sky will crack, planets will be dispersed, and the graves overturned.

People will be resurrected into their original physical bodies from their graves, thereby entering the third and final phase of life. The Horn will blow again upon which people will rise up from their graves, resurrected!

God will gather all humans, believers and the impious, jinns, demons, even wild animals. It will be a universal gathering. The angels will drive all human beings naked, uncircumcised, and bare-footed to the Great Plain of Gathering. People will stand in wait for judgment and humanity will sweat in agony. The righteous will be sheltered under the shade of God’s Magnificent Throne.
>>
When the condition becomes unbearable, people will request the prophets and the messengers to intercede with God on their behalf to save them from distress.

The balances will be set and the deeds of men will be weighed. Disclosure of the Records of the deeds performed in this life will follow. The one who will receive his record in his right hand will have an easy reckoning. He will happily return to his family. However, the person who will receive his record in his left hand would wish he were dead as he will be thrown into the Fire. He will be full of regrets and will wish that he were not handed his Record or he had not known it.

Then God will judge His creation. They will be reminded and informed of their good deeds and sins. The faithful will acknowledge their failings and be forgiven. The disbelievers will have no good deeds to declare because an unbeliever is rewarded for them in this life. Some scholars are of the opinion that the punishment of an unbeliever may be reduced in lieu of his good deeds, except the punishment of the great sin of disbelief.

The Siraat is a bridge that will be established over Hell extending to Paradise. Anyone who is steadfast on God’s religion in this life will find it easy to pass it.

Paradise and Hell will be the final dwelling places for the faithful and the damned after the Last Judgment. They are real and eternal. The bliss of the people of Paradise shall never end and the punishment of unbelievers condemned to Hell shall never cease. Unlike a pass-fail system in some other belief-systems, the Islamic view is more sophisticated and conveys a higher level of divine justice. This can be seen in two ways. First, some believers may suffer in Hell for unrepented, cardinal sins. Second, both Paradise and Hell have levels.
>>
Paradise is the eternal garden of physical pleasures and spiritual delights. Suffering will be absent and bodily desires will be satisfied. All wishes will be met. Palaces, servants, riches, streams of wine, milk and honey, pleasant fragrances, soothing voices, pure partners for intimacy; a person will never get bored or have enough!

The greatest bliss, though, will be the vision of their Lord of which the unbelievers will be deprived.

Hell is an infernal place of punishment for unbelievers and purification for sinful believers. Torture and punishment for the body and the soul, burning by fire, boiling water to drink, scalding food to eat, chains, and choking columns of fire. Unbelievers will be eternally damned to it, whereas sinful believers will eventually be taken out of Hell and enter Paradise.

Paradise is for those who worshipped God alone, believed and followed their prophet, and lived moral lives according to the teachings of scripture.

Hell will be the final dwelling place of those who denied God, worshipped other beings besides God, rejected the call of the prophets, and lead sinful, unrepentant lives.
>>
>>19409819
in my experience it varies. died like 2 times but i just got dumped into another reality. 1 time i got ran over but then i was in my bed. kinda ground hogs dayed that 1 . like a week later it all happened all over again but this time the truck was at the stop light

and another time my appendix ruptured while i was trying to sleep. kinda hurt and i could feel the fluid (probably blood) seeping through my abdomen then it all sucked back in and i could feel a flap of something inside fold back over and i was fine but i swear it should have been 3 days farther in the week when i got up . like i remember vividly it being the week end then its about to be the week end
>>
>>19409819
1. You are faced with introspection beyond control, a sort of Truth that ascends all Self perceived defenses; if you have done wrong, you will know in that instance and feel woe.
2. You come before The Unified Origin of Self.
3. You either Unite with the Unified Origin of Self or you fall to the Abyss below it.
4. If you Unite, you are a part of Universal Whole that is All in One, you stay there for a bit, then wake up in a new physicality to live once more.
5. If you Descend, you dissolve into your purest form of consciousness, freed from Ego and Identity. The process is tortuous beyond Imagination. Once you have been cleaned, you are reunited with the Unity where you go through number 4.
6. If you really donk up, the process of cleaning becomes extremely agonizing on a level unimaginable, like steel blades against a chalkboard within your core being. I try not think of that process nor do I try to think of the place where that process happens; the suffering ends once your Self is dead, and there is nothing left of you but pure conscious viewing.
>>
I believe that there is life after death. I think that immediately upon death the soul or electrical impulses (whatever you want to call them) leaves the body and depending on the purpose of that soul one of three things happens: Reincarnation, soul sleep or ghost activity.
I believe this for a couple of reasons which are:
I've had a lot of people in my family die since I've been alive and I'm a Christian.
As a Christian I understand from the Bible that John the Baptist was a reincarnation of the prophet Elijah who didn't actually die but was carried up to heaven in a flaming chariot (maybe spaceship).
The bible also states that the dead are asleep and will be taken up to heaven at the time of the tribulation. Jesus resurrected Lazarus from the sleep of death after he had begun rotting and Jesus self resurrected. There has to be an afterlife or continuation of some aspect of the living to explain resurrection.

Just based off of my personal experience though I have seen ghosts and many members of my family can see them too, had dead relatives communicate with me in dreams and tell me things I had no possible way of knowing and my sister displayed traits of a deceased relative who had died just before she was conceived and seemed to have memories that she shouldn't have had (and no there was no case of false memory or mandela effect). Relative lived in a different country thousands of miles away.

Maybe this is off topic but there is also an example of someone just disappearing and never being seen again as happens a lot now. This was Enoch who supposed "walked with God and was not." yet another person who didn't die.
>>
There is a afterlife In a way, we are all connected via collective unconscious.
>>
>>19413770
>Spirituality and science go hand in hand
no, they dont. It is just that it is very common to misuse scientific terms in spirituality.
>>
>>19410083
Not him, but because I want another go. I got dealt a shitty hand and was too shortsighted to make it work.
>>
>>19421322
what was the "shitty hand" that you were dealt?
>>
>>19421349
The way you put that in quotation marks makes me wonder if you're going to lecture me about how my problems aren't that bad and I can turn things around through sheer force of will
>>
>>19421358
I put it quotation marks because of was quoting you verbatim.
>>
>>19412690
maybe they DO get to go to heaven. Maybe they get to go to heaven, not based upon some objective litmus test of right and wrong or morality, but whether they tried their very best to follow their dreams and pursure/sacrifice for their goals.
>>
>>19415470

This is too scary for a lot of people. So they flee to religion or spirituality.
>>
>>19409819
>>19409851
>>19409861
>>19409864
https://discord.gg/PVrZamw
>>
File: horus.jpg (51KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
horus.jpg
51KB, 480x600px
>>19417941
Consulting a modern scientists about questions of death and possible life thereafter is like asking your automobile mechanic preform open heart surgery. Modern science is just unequipped to answer the question. If someone is really curious start with the ancient Egyptians. They spent thousands of years and dedicated huge parts of their society to answering the question of life after death. I trust the answer they were able to derive more than any modern physicists. You sound just as idiotic and full of hubris as an Egyptologyist.
>>
>>19421898
That's awful, and it makes everything anyone ever does meaningless since now it doesn't matter whether what you did was actually right, just whether or not you BELIEVE it was right. Fuck that noise, I'd honestly take Hell over a Heaven populated by psychopaths.
>>
OP again, I know that there's no way to know for sure. I'm trying to re-find what made me believe in something in the first place but doing proving to be difficult. I guess worst case scenario, I'll find out eventually anyway right?
>>
>>19422200
This is where my mind has been, I want to think that there's something more but everything just seems like a story people tell themselves so that they feel better instead of really being the truth.
>>
Most people die and go to the spiritual universe. Some people are cursed to live on earth and reincarnate until they find their purpose.
>>
>>19409819

It's like a plastic bottles being melted down and reformed into a t-shirt. (Legit thing btw)
>>
>>19409819
Idk just google local past life regression.
Do it OP and tell us what kind of lives you had before.
>>
>>19423461
proof?
Tho I read a lot of conspiracy theories.
I can't never 100 be sure because there is no concrete proof.
>>
>>19417479
pls no anything but this
>>
>>19409819
You already died plenty of times and you remember those deaths. You've died in your dreams, and you already know what happened after those deaths.
>>
Am I only one who finds the idea of nothingness incredibly kind and comforting, and sincerely hopes that there is no heaven or hell. There would be no thoughs, no memories, no will, no choice, no self. There would no brains dictating the line between you and universe. Without self all of your existing atoms would belong to universe. You would exist in nowhere, but since there would be no "you", everything would still exist in everywhere. What was just you, would be eternally part of everything. Complete freedom. Complete non-existance. Complete nothingness. Nirvana.
>>
>>19410630
>>19410593
Samefag
But yeah this
>>
You can never die.

At any point in time there is a percentage chance you will die and a percentage chance that you will not. As per quantum theory the universe splits in two constantly into one where you die and one where you do not. Your consciousness just rides the probability of living through all these different universes until you get uploaded into a Dyson sphere or something equally endgame.
>>
>>19417941
Sorry to have to tell you this, but being a physicist means shit all as far as this debate goes. Science has absolutely no explanation for what happens after death and trying to make out like it does is about as anti-science as it gets.
>>
>>19418065
Please link me to a peer reviewed paper written by one of these "far far smarter" people to put trust into. I'm surprised I haven't heard of one because I think a scientific explanation for what happens after death would be pretty fucking big news.
>>
>>19409819
You literally cease to exist. Nothing. Consciousness is a field created by the physical properties of your brain. When your brain ceases working you simply cease to exist. Just like a magnetic field ceases to exist if you vaporize a magnet.

It's a dreamless sleep. As a result its nothing to worry about. When you're alive your alive and when you're not you're not alive to notice that you're not alive.

These masturbatory fantasies of eternal life and other bullshit are just the musing of people that can't face their own mortality like an adult.
>>
>>19427548
https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00788R001700210016-5.pdf

Short version: consciousness returns to The Absolute after death.
>>
>>19409819
I want to believe you come back. Life is beautiful and i never want to die.
>>
>>19418717
Exactly. We all have been dead for billions of years! The 80 years of so of being conscientious matter is the state of exception, not the rule. When you die you just go back to being matter again. It didn't bother me a bit all those billions of years before I was born and it won't bother me a bit as well after I'm dead, whatever happens.
>>
>>19409819
People believe all or nothing.

Just wait around a bit. Ask for a shake, a damn good one. Ask to go home.

>Ask and ye shall recieve

You can dive into Oneness with everything
You can jump into Nothingness/Abyss
You can wait around for a damn milkshake
>>
>>19427666
nothing can exist without it not existing at some point in time. How can something come into existence without not existing, and then not existing again. It's paradoxical, but the human mind was never meant too grasp the code of their own existence.
>>
File: tn_1235245586270.jpg (8KB, 220x180px) Image search: [Google]
tn_1235245586270.jpg
8KB, 220x180px
>>19409819

Your brain shuts down, stops generating new thoughts, and "you" (as you think of yourself right now) cease to exist. Over a period of time following your death, the rest of your physical body decomposes and ceases to exist. Eventually every part of "you" will be broken down, erased, or decomposed to such a degree as to be unrecognizable as a part of yourself (if such a thing as "yourself" could exist at that point). Some of what was once "you" will be incorporated into other objects--some living, some not, and those objects will identify themselves or be identified as something entirely separate from what was once "you".

It's not exciting or unexpected. Every person in this thread has already spent several billion years during the history of the universe not existing. And less than a century from now every person in this thread will stop existing again, and will continue in that manner (although even the idea of someone "continuing" to not exist is a bit of a misnomer--there is no person left to not exist, just a non-existence) until the end of time.

That's it.
>>
I believe that the universe will eventually "die", all the atoms will decay, even the largest black holes will be gone, there is nothing left. Then it begins again, just like it did before, and it might take an eternity to get to a cycle where you're born but it will feel like no time has passed at all since you didn't exist for all that time.
>>
>>19428879
Such an unbelievably dull perspective on such an intense and infinite universe. For all you know, you could become one of the infinite stars, but to a human you're a dust particle in the sky.

We might be in the bottom of a shipping barrel full of fungus and shit, on some weird beluga whale universe. You'll never know, and for a matter of fact, nobody will ever know.
>>
I was actually just recently having this conversation with someone else.
I guess it's kind of the idea of reincarnation but not exactly.
I feel like the energy you have while you are alive ceases to be but "you" just become conscious somewhere else the same way that you became conscious in your body. It's hard to explain the way I think of it so I'll try my best.
You just randomly became conscious at some point in time, so why is that not possible to happen again? It's completely random, one day you just came to be and one day you will cease to be but how is it not possible for you to just come back into consciousness again? It's not you anymore, you're someone else but conscious again just like you are now, just experiencing something else.
Idk I hope that makes sense. That's what I believe. There really is no death, just random consciousness.
>>
>>19428956
if anyone thinks the same way and is able to put the thought into better words that'd be great. I've been trying to put this thought into words but it's kind of too difficult to have someone understand the same thought.
>>
>>19428791
fucking thank you
>>
>>19428879
This is exactly what I believe. Sure you'll break down and your matter becomes other matter blah blah but as far as we know right now time and energy are infinite, which means space and matter are also infinite, and given infinite time and space literally everything is possible. Everything gets run through at least once. And it ends, and starts again. And this particular arrangement of molecules happens again. And we're back, ever so briefly.
>>
>>19427538
it does if you dont believe in made up bullshit beyond the nature of thing we can actually measure and discover. Everything is perfectly explainable within materialism
>>
>>19427666
>>19428791

Existence can not simply end. The mind acts as n observer and information is eternal
>>
>>19409819
What we know is that once you die, your subjective experience of existence ceases because all of your bodily functions cease. So what I believe is that you return to objective experience rather than subjective experience, literally returning to the essence of existence, something totally incomprehensible to a human mind but simultaneously present in everything.
>>
>>19411809
E: I am a sociopath
F: Sociopaths matter more because they are like my alpha Chad waifus
>>
>>19410091
That's intense
>>
its like an outer body experience floating thru the air thru the skies thru space but you are no longer corporal instead natural energy. but no not like a ghost more like a ray of light traveling at the speed of light or somewhere close
>>
Ego death. You forget everything
>>
>>19427666
That is the most sane thing I've read on this site in years
>>
A better question would be: What are we gonna do when science makes us live forever, or at least, much more than we are supposed to live?

We might be the last generation to die.
>>
File: 1471227077406.jpg (274KB, 1280x906px) Image search: [Google]
1471227077406.jpg
274KB, 1280x906px
>>19431371
>we die
>Instantly life is prolonged 200 times normal length
>The first dinosaurs are cloned and kids of the future get to pet them and play around with them with anti hurt suits so no fear of harm
>You can choose your appearance like an RPG, so everyone is having sex 50% of the time with other 10/10's
>Optical computing takes off, computing power is no longer an issue, we create worlds so vivid and realistic that they feel more real than reality
>Drugs with no side effects that cause pleasure so great that it cannot be described.
>All while colonizing galaxy's and discovering the nature of existence piece by piece, finding a way around the limits of the universe so that it is possible to travel outside of the observable universe.

The future would have been fucking great, but we had to be born now, tick tock.
>>
>>19431349
>lemme just go full monist materialist and call some of the greatest minds in history retarded like I know better
>sane
>>
File: solar-eclipse-2012-lg.jpg (16KB, 700x689px) Image search: [Google]
solar-eclipse-2012-lg.jpg
16KB, 700x689px
idk

for a second lets assume there is no spirt or soul attached to our body. we are just the physical being we observe. complex hormones, molecules, atoms, heaps of stuff we don't actually have full comprehension off. tragic right? so when we die, our being, conscious and all, goes. we rot in the ground. no remains of our time or being.

When you believe you'll never see the sunrise again

When a single second feels like a century

and then this amazing thing happens. we abandon all sense of relativity. a single second will feel like a century, but we won't be conscious of it.

like if you remember when you were a kid and went on a long road trip. you fell asleep at some point and woke up at the destination, it felt like you got there in minutes.

just as we came from a star, that star is bound to meet its end. and with its end goes the universe as we know it, swallowed up by the sun. spat into cosmic dust, to being anew.
>>
Aren't you guys supposed to be able to communicate with paranormal entities? Summon a ghost or whatever the fuck you do, and ask it about afterlife. Would make sense.
>>
>>19409819
Your already in an afterlife anon.
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.