[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Texas spooks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_0142.png (30KB, 270x167px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0142.png
30KB, 270x167px
Born and raised in Texas. Don't know of any particularly haunted/cursed places or cryptids here, and I'd like to change that.
>>
Laredo
>>
>>19407433
Why do Americans need to make up shit to feel interesting?
>>
>>19407433
Houstonfag here. Always heard the killing fields were spooky as fuck and supposedly looks pretty much the same as it did in the 70's when the murders happened. You kind of have to dig a little to find the precise location but it's not difficult.
>>
>>19407433
weren't striders from texas? or maybe i'm getting my southern states mixed up
>>
Pretty sure west Texas has Indian burial grounds
>>
>>19408756
Yea, we do.
>>
If I had time OP, I'd post my work experience with a ghost named Leandra. San Angelo, Texas. Angelo State university. I know there are screencaps of it on here occasionally. If this thread is still up in about 4-5 hours, I'll tell it.

http://www.asurampage.com/news/view.php/30525/The-Ghost-of-ASU
>>
File: IMG_2732.jpg (158KB, 829x920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2732.jpg
158KB, 829x920px
>>19408143
>>
>>19407871
Truly a place of dark energies
>>
>be about 2-4 years old, can't remember much
>we lived on a farm
>this was my first time sleeping alone in my room
>alone in my race car bed
>night light is kind of an orange/red
>wake up in the middle of the night to a hovering noise coming from above my house
>I'm just paralysed in my bed listening and feeling the vibrations something is making
>it has been above my house for a good full minute now, much longer than an airplane should, and not making the sound a helicopter should
>my dad comes into my room
>"you hear that?"
>nod
>me and my dad walk outside
>nothing but clouds overhead, but we still hear the noise
>it slowly goes away once we are outside

Now

>a month or two ago
>"hey Anon, remember that time a UFO was over our house?"
>literally thinking about that all day
>dad starts going off about how there was TWO times this happened
>I only remember one

Tell me guys... Did I get abducted once?
>>
>>19409763
Does your butt hurt?

https://youtu.be/6tZar4wRP40
>>
Spaghetti Warehouse, downtown Houston.
>>
>>19407871
>>19409317
I am this anon. I worked at the Hardeman building from 2002-2005 when our department moved to on top of the library.
After a couple of weeks of working there, I heard about Leandra.

Backstory time.

Leandra was a girl who worked in the exact same space as where my radio booth was in at the time. Some dude wanted her and she kept rejecting him. He ended up stabbing her with some scissors.

What happened to me whilst I worked there, well it happened to everyone.

The school newspaper was right next door to my booth. Leandra would play with the periodicals, clean messy desks, and even open up the archives to the school paper that told of her murder. She would ride the elevators all night.
She would always would mess with my booth. I'd turn everything off before I left
>first to arrive, last to leave
I'd return to all my levels up and speakers blasting in the morning.

Continued with my craziest story with her. Greentexted, of course me lads
>>
>>19410681
>be writing paper late at work
>2:00 AM
>around 2:15 hear knocking on the downstairs door
My workspace was on the second floor, with a window in front of the top floor leading to a 2-tier staircase. All doors are glass with hydraulic arms.
>walk to window over door to look at who is knocking
>nobody there 1.0
>go downstairs to look around
>prop door open, look around
>go back upstairs
>2:20
>LOUD banging on downstairs door
>check window
>nobody there 2.0
>go downstairs, prop door
>yell into the night FUCK YOU PAUL
>fucking Paul
>close door, return to paper
>2:30, the most violent banging a glass door has ever received without breaking
>be ready this time
>fucking paul
>race downstairs to see the hydraulically controlled door slam shut
I literally had my strongest friend there try to replicate this, to no avail.
>oh shit, it's Leandra
Forgot to mention, Leandra ALWAYS picks on dudes.
>make the slow walk upstairs again
>see something floating in the middle of the long hallway
>looks like a smoky version of hot asphalt in the desert
>tell Leandra,"I'm just trying to finish a paper Leandra. You understand that, right?"
>I'm paraphrasing
>mist figure seems to ponder what I said, then darts away down the hallway
>into the open elevator
Didn't even notice it was open
>elevator door closes
>hear ding downstairs
>gather my shit and nopethefuckout
>>
I live in El Paso Tx. We got spoops here. Haunted high schools, a monk with a donkey ghost on a certain road, a satanic ritual sight near one of the community college campus and other spookie stuff but the underground school bus is probably the more popular one. Link provided to a local blog/news page

http://elpaso411.com/2015/10/haunted-el-paso-underground-school-bus/
>>
>>19410800
Just realized that same link covers most of the spoops under "Haunted El Paso".
Enjoy some Tx spoops.
>>
>>19407433
Apparently there is a cult of man eaters somewhere around Texas that call themselves vampires. I never really looked into it myself, but, some guy who decided to live a life of crime around Texas ran into them and recorded himself getting killed.
>>
>>19409763
This has occured to me many, many times. It especially occured to me while I was near the border. I can't sleep when it happens.
>>
File: thunderbird-pa.jpg (144KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
thunderbird-pa.jpg
144KB, 1280x720px
Texas has a lot of thunderbird and living pterosaur sightings. They've been off an on for decades.
>>
Lechuzas: witches that go at night causing havoc, snatching children. They transform into owls, but they return before midnight to become human again. A witness told me they look like gorgeous statuesque women.

Mala Cosa: a leprechaun-like creature which appears at night, opens people guts only to put them back. Described by native Americans since 500 years ago in South and Coastal Texas.

Chupacabras: need and explanation?
>>
>>19409720
Explain further.
>>
File: 20170523_141404.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170523_141404.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>19408756
Not Indian but my grandma's church has an old 1900s graveyard in the back, the gophers have started pulling up pieces of bone and embellishments from the coffins I snapped a few shitty pics last time i went.
>>
File: 20170523_141412.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170523_141412.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>19411296
>>
>>19411087
its a beach chicken
>>
>>19411051
More on this?
>>
File: 08082017311.jpg (507KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
08082017311.jpg
507KB, 540x960px
>>19407433
Pearland here, nothing spooky around this place.
>>
>>19411518
holy frick i just had menchies today
>>
>>19411518
>>19411531
3sp00k3y4m3
>>
>>19411110
I believe they are speaking of the dark energies that cut peoples grass and shitout bean burritos
>>
>>19410800
I live there too. And the pillars by Mission Del Paso being a satanic ritual site is bullshit its just some old gondola that fell into disrepair. I went there at night with some friends and nothing happened. Can't say i've seen anything spooky here other than beaners high off their balls.
>>
>>19407433
Just nigfoot and some manged coyotes that snuck past the border

Nacogdoches is the oldest town, might be some ghosties there
>>
>>19411674
Actually, now that i think about it, Galvestons gotta have a few places
Also La Llorona, the Marfa lights and theres supposed to be something in lake granbury
>>
>>19411701
There's more than a few places in Galveston. One was on a pier but either Katrina or Ike tore it apart. Should be info if you google.
>>
>>19409925
Yea baby.

I had an unpleasant experience there once.

>eating
>go to pee
>relief.jpeg
>fucking trash can starts violently shaking
>frozen with fear and pissing at the same time
>NOPE the fuck out
>>
>>19408143
Fuck of and come back when your country has stepped foot in the moon, fucking commie
>>
>>19411087

I seen a thunderbird over Jacinto city, Texas around 2004-5
>>
>>19411945
Are their air shows any good or are they just overhyped?
>>
Orange Orbs
>>
>>19411110
Laredofag here and from what i can gather there are some weird stuff in my town. From haunted old hospitals to witches hiding out just outside the city and if what i heard is true the local police is covering it all up
>>
>>19408253
Nope you're right. Also had a good story about a shambling thing on the road that at first looked to be a cosplayer but turned out to be some 7 foot tall human faced freak of nature with arms that reached all the way to the ground and swung at the car. Was bretty good, wish there were more stories of the big 15ft strider guys though they just sound so cool
>>
I was born in berneo and everyone always said the library was haunted, the basement used to be a bar that's where most of the ghost stuff happens but the whole place is haunted
>>
>>19407433
Lubbock is an utter shithole, somethin's gotta be cursed there.
>>
>>19408143
if you'd been here you'd understand. ennui might be a French word, but the US Midwest embodies it.
>>
>>19411701
>lake granbury
http://newpagebooks.blogspot.com/2014/07/creature-of-month-one-eye-monster-of.html

interesting theory about giant eels. fairly believable too.
>>
>>19414761
Hell's gate and the old east cemetery. Very active.
>>
>>19407433
i think the heat is very spooky
>>
Anything from waco,tx?
>>
Houston has so many spooks, downtown and especially in Spring. Spaghetti Warehouse, Wunsche Bros Cafe, most of old town spring as a whole, that one country road where if you stop you'll hear tapping on your car and sometimes more spooky shit like handprints, or that other country road that doesn't end if you drive on it from 0000 to 0400.
>>
SETX fag here

Saratoga Ghost Lights are fun. Really weird.

Also had some like 8ft tall skinny thing walk towards me, ran like a little bitch so didnt see much.

Couple months ago had something trying to repeat a train horn in the woods, then when I hollered back it repeated it, then some phrases. By the time I got my phone and gun it was gone. Prolly some drunk people frogging, but who knows.

Galveston had that old hotel that got destroyed for good after Ike (I think, that or they demolished it). Was inaccessible via vehicle bc the concrete pier was all fucked up, but people still went on foot. Lots of ghost stories about it.
>>
File: 1481134207948.gif (375KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1481134207948.gif
375KB, 400x300px
>>19413077
>if what i heard is true
>>
>>19416217

fuck off shill
>>
File: fractal picture.png (61KB, 962x843px) Image search: [Google]
fractal picture.png
61KB, 962x843px
Anybody know anything in the Valley like McAllen, Edinburg and surrounding areas in Texas? La Lomita?
>>
File: Lone Nazi Digger Star.png (3MB, 2240x1770px) Image search: [Google]
Lone Nazi Digger Star.png
3MB, 2240x1770px
>>19408756

The technical term is 'mass grave'.
>>
Anything around Austin?
>>
>>19411518
nice Civic
>>
I stayed a couple of nights in room 501 of the hotel galvez in galveston. dissapointed but not surprised that I didn't see shit.
>>
Born and raised Texan too.

Down South we of course have La Llorona and the Chupacabra.

East Texas has the Stilt Walker, Goatmen, and the Texas three toed version of Bigfoot.

West Texas has, believe it or not, old tales about Skinwlaker type beings from our local Native 'Mericans.

Then up on the High Plains we don't have much except Adobe Walls where you can apparently go and get attacked by ghost Indians. I live semi-close to it. I should go when I get a night off...

Then of course you have the Goat Man bridge in Denton (different from physical goat men in the forests.) and the Donkey Lady near San Antonio. Which is supposedly our version of the Jersey Devil.
>>
>>19417041
Rockwall.

The Driskill Hotel. (I think that's in Austin...)
>>
Baker hotel mineral wells texas.
>>
Big Ticket has some crazy shit that goes down there.
>>
>>19417962
I thought the haunted one was 505?
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.