[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The evil eye

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

A while ago I heard from a teacher that people from the past thought staring was rude due to a belief that "invisible hands" came out of your eyes, that you were basically touching others by looking at them. The observer effect is basically stating that by staring at a particle you are changing its behavior, is it possible that we could affect others by channeling our energy into our eyes and unleashing it with a glare?

Pic kinda related.
>>
Well.
The human mind is very very very good at picking up on faces. So much so that it will invent faces out of nothing if it gets bored.
The human mind is highly evolved paranoid monkey brain.
Staring at something is a sign of aggression in the monkey world.
From this you get three conclusions.

First is that people know you are staring at them because secretly most people think they are being stared at, and the brain will use any excuse it can get.

Second is that because we think of staring as a bad thing, we tell people not to do it, because you want to prevent aggression in culture because it isn't beneficial to you.

Lastly. If people could evil eye one another optometrist would be rolling in cash/
>>
>>19406952
optometrists do roll in cash tho
>>
>>19406958
Yeah but that's because there sellouts to a Russian monopoly on eyeglasses. Not because you can convince someone to walk off a bridge with a wink.
>>
>>19406909

what religion was your teacher, country, childhood
>>
>>19406952

I have heard of people making others feel bad just by staring, it could go from a feeling of unease, to bad dreams and paranoia. Such stories mostly come from people who are into magic or santeria.
>>
I feel it so often and from almost everyone. It really is truly a very powerful way of transferring energy and have always wondered if it could be put into an object to possibly charge it or something related
>>
>>19406972
>>19407007
The human body has a sympathetic response that triggers unease and feelings of discomfort. Same reason getting beaten up allot will cause panic attacks.

Paranoid monkey brains i promise you. It's much more interesting then just saying eyes have magic powers. Your brain triggers a sub routine in your body that tells it to become hyper aware and seize it's stomach mussels to start secreting more of the chemicals you depend on while putting you in a state of unrest so you don't stay around with mister aggressive monkey eyes.

And this is just from a stare. Now imagine if the guy didn't shower. And you were in a timeline where you didn't have access to standardized learning or most forms of talk therapy where most people were slaves to the tribe they belonged in and you can understand why plucking out peoples eyes for staring at you is acceptable dinner behavior.
>>
>>19406909
>you were basically touching others by looking at them
i mean this is basically true, you can confirm it by checking any retard feminist and/or trans-faggot tumblr and looking for the "i got stared at and mansplained to on the train" post
>>
>>19406909
>expecting people to take your shitty post seriously with a fucking Naruto image attached to it
W E W
>>
>>19407206
Faggot shut up get over it. It's still interesting
>>
>>19406909
Yeah. Psychological side seems to be explained very well. Read: Monkey brain stare.

On the occult side: Just as we emit arua, prana, chi, mana, vibrations etc. Eyes emit energy just as well. There is even written a book called "men who stared goats"

If you want to test this then go in like restaurant and sit next to street. No obstacles like glass between you and observed. Stare people with intent "hey look at me!" And without intent. See how they react.
>>
>>19406909
That eye has a fidget spinner in it.
I can hear the screech of 1,000,000,000 autists
>>
>>19407890

Didn't know there was a book, I watched the movie adaptation a while ago, it was a neat movie with some interesting ideas, now I'm looking for the book.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.