[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fear of the dark

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

What do you fear for when you see the dark?

What makes your mind see?
>>
>>19405819
Have you ever been alone at night? Thought you heard footsteps behind - turned around and no one's there?
>>
The unreasonable flight response that pops up now and then when alone in the dark. Some ancient base survival instinct thats hard wired into us still. Walk a little faster, heart rate picks up a little. Just have to get to the front door and unlock it. Don't look behind me. I mean obviously nothing is behind me, thats foolish. Regardless don't look, just open the door, and lock it.
>>
File: bluestatic.jpg (91KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
bluestatic.jpg
91KB, 256x256px
>fear
Darkness is beautiful.
>>
>>19406132
>fear feels pretty shaky
but yes darkness is beautiful
>>
>>19405819
Because we are afraid of the invisible.
In the dark we are vulnerable af

That's pretty obvious.
>>
The darkness is terrifying man. I experienced it once when I was a kid and it fucked me up
>>
If you guys want I can try writing it out.
>>
Nothing paranormal, i just have a phobia of home invasions
>>
I used to be terrified of the dark.

Now i know that even if i'm not the strongest spoopiest thing in the dark i can still be the angriest. And that's important stuff to know.
>>
File: original.jpg (443KB, 2838x1893px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
443KB, 2838x1893px
>>19405819
When I was a kid I went to my grandparents farm.
I tried to pet one of the horses and it bit me.
Later that night I was playing Colosseum on GameCube and looked out the window and saw a pair of glowing eyes.
I pissed my, it was the same horse that bit me.
I'm afraid there is a horse(s) in the darkness that will eat me.
>>
>>19405819
I've seen moving shadows shaped like people in broad daylight jumping around on the walls. I don't know what they are, but I know there's shit out there beyond my comprehension and that's enough to freak me out.
>>
>>19407087
Thats actualy just a hallucination mang. Don't do drugs till late 20 s and youll be fine
>>
>>19407084
At least we know you aren't a brony, anon.
>>
>>19405850
fpbp
>>
I HAVE A CONSTANT FEAR THAT SOMETHING'S ALWAYS NEAR
>>
>>19405850
I've got a constant fear that something's always there.
>>
i am the darkness

everything will be consumed
>>
we humans think that if we can see it we're protected. same shit for trying to cover up yourself in blankets when you're afraid at night. it feels safer because there's always something with us. always.
>>
I see retards
>>
>>19406312
You get blacked brah?
>>
>>19408927
Edgy
>>
>>19407116
does that mean I can do them after 21 or 30
>>
File: download.jpg (14KB, 184x274px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 184x274px
>>19405850
underrated
>>
Light is the most dangerous thing in this universe. Darkness is a blessing. As humanity grows, the light brightens. We discover, we articulate, we categorize, we try to make sense of the universe. As we grow, we shine light into the darkness. This is dangerous. Soon we will grow too quickly, and find things that before could creep away from the light as it grew, things that could not, should not be brightened. We will discover something that we cannot understand.

The darkness is a blessing, it keeps us separated. And we are chipping away at it.
>>
>>19405819
im just scared that things can see me and i cant see them
>>
File: 5448206_orig.jpg (14KB, 575x339px) Image search: [Google]
5448206_orig.jpg
14KB, 575x339px
For me? Good ol' bogyphobia.
>>
>>19405819
I was born in the dark...
>>
>>19405819
I don't know man.

Sometimes I like the darkness and the eerieness. It feels like a sanctuary.

Other times after I read or watch scary shit I feel normal paranoia.

And the really rare instances where when I'm alone taking a shower and my siblings turn off the light. I feel really scared and I can hear everything like Jesus Christ.

Anyways to help me face my fear guys?
>>
>>19405819
i have a recurring nightmare since i've been a kid of a sort of entity made of darkness but wearing a security guard uniform, shit made me scared of the dark for so long i have yet to sleep without light since then.
>>
>>19410707
Listen to this song:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vVVc2TOQ3NE
>>
File: Lights-Out-2016.jpg (738KB, 1000x1426px) Image search: [Google]
Lights-Out-2016.jpg
738KB, 1000x1426px
This movie fucked with me because this is pretty much what I already imagined most of my life.
>>
>>19405819
see >>19410782
>>
>>19405819
Bumping into stuff
>Priceless Ming vase
>Faberge egg
>>
i used to be scared of the dark until i fell in love with a fictional character who was an assassin and hid in the shadows alot now i am longer afraid and also inlove true story
>>
Im not afraid of the dark, I am afraid being in a closed space/place i don't know in the dark.

>Be me.
>Went with my friend to his uncle place in the mountains.
>House in the middle of nowhere.
>sun goes down.
>It's a cloudy night without moon.
>pitch black
>Friend asks if i want to explore the backyard.
>Backyard being open mountain.
>lolno.jpg
>"Come on, it'll be fine."
>Famous last words.
>He knows i'm afraid of the dark.
>takes some convincing but finally decide to come with him.
>take some shity chinese flashlight that he has.
>The thing barely iluminates sht five meters in front of me.
>proceed to walk, house was getting further away but still visible.
>Mountain was early quiet.
>Share the thought with my friend.
>"You're being jumpy, relax, there's nothing here."
>Suddenly a noise, the sound of dried grass being stepped on.
>"Did you hear that?"
>We stand still, the most still i have ever been since the time my 8 year old dumbass self entered the women's showers by mistake.
>we stood there for a minute or two, and just as i was about to ask, i've heard it.
>A growl about 1 o'clock, VERY close.
>"RUUUN!"
>180ยบ, and bolted as fast as i could, my friend very close to me, i could hear his foot steps.
>"Anon wait."
>nopenope.png
>Pass through sharp bushes and rocks alike, a straight line to the house
>Reach the house, my friend's aunt at the door, asking what the screaming was about.
>trying to explain with my runing/scared high and feel some one pushing me.
>My friend, who was locked in place by my arm.
>I dragged him by the head while running.
>I let him go and he starts coughing and laughing.
>"Jesus Christ Anon, that was my father."
>From the place we ran from comes his father, making the same noise as before.
>They were having a joly good laugh at my expenxe.
>Feel someting run down in my legs.
>Please don't be piss.
>Oh it was just blood., had my legs all cut and bruised.
>Head back inside, where his aunt put me bandages.
.Cont
>>
>>19411742
When we wake up he told me he'd been planning that for weeks, since when he heard he'd be staying at his uncle's house.
Ended up paying him back later when we went to a lake with a jumping board, but i digress.
We ended up joking about it, saying that "If you ever need to run away from something, grab out to Anon, and he'll bull-charge his way to safety."
>>
>>19405819
burglars
>>
>>19406312
Explain
>>
File: 1491517931481.jpg (30KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1491517931481.jpg
30KB, 500x375px
I see niggers in the dark
>>
>>19405819
getting old
>>
>>19409165

25 and you are set with 0 brain DMG from smoking or doing w/e
>>
>>19405819
I see nothing, although I do feel as though the darkness itself is a presence and that it could be particularly fearsome sometimes.
>>
File: 9.jpg (131KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
131KB, 500x334px
>>19405819
What do I see in the dark?
I see everything I couldn't when the lights were on. Everything that could have waited in the places I didn't think to check. I see the gleam of the blade of the monster that finally got to me tonight of all nights.
And my loving long deceased sister dancing in a meadow of flowers beckoning me to accompany her.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.