[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it real ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 1502044007880s.jpg (35KB, 313x510px) Image search: [Google]
1502044007880s.jpg
35KB, 313x510px
Was it real ?
>>
>>19403036
Never heard of it. What do you think?
>>
>>19403053
creepy at times. could be bullshit but who knows
>>
It says right there its a true story. you blind?
>>
I remember reading this and he kept mentioning the aliens smell like cardboard and cheese. It made me wonder if he was having seizures or something.
>>
>>19403036
>>19403071
do you have a link to pdfs i can read online of the series?

Ive been abducted and stuff too and I want to compare my experiences with his
>>
>>19403071

So he just fainted into his pizza box and started dreaming of ayylens?
>>
Whitley Strieber was molested and or raped and it was such a traumatic series of events and abuse that his mind processed it as aliens.
>>
>>19403036
Well, its marketed under "Fiction" so, you decide.
>>
>>19403036
No, it's not real. Strieber's a good storyteller and an even better marketer. A novel about alien visitations won't sell as well as a "true" story about aliens. To this day he's still making up stories about how the aliens just won't leave him alone. He was on Coast to Coast a few years ago telling Art a story about how he impregnated an alien female and now the child hangs out and smoke cigarettes in the woods behind his house. His stories are hilarious when you realize he making it all up.
>>
>>19403206
Just torrent it friend. It's on TPB.
>>
>>19403036
Real or not, I don't pride myself on being scared easily, but it was the only thing to terrify the wits out of me in broad daylight as I read it.
>>
>>19403036
I h want read it yet. But there's a lot of stories out there about how the jacket art really messed with people. There's a lot of claims that it gave random people weird flashbacks.
>>
>>19403036
its crazy because i saw the cover thought it looked familiar, remembered i bought the same book at a garage sale like 2 months ago, and i don't even buy fiction, just had a weird feeling to buy it, funny.
>>
>>19403036
Nope, it's all in people's heads.

Do you really think if aliens were visiting they'd always pick people who are in the bottom 25% of everything?
>>
>>19403036

Idunno, but the scene in the movie where the ayyyy slowly poked his head around the door and then ducked back traumatized me when I saw it when I was 13, to this day doors have to be fully open or closed, not in between, and I'm 29
>>
Probably not, I saw some of the stuff he did on youtube like faking that there was some paranormal activity in his house, and now I can't just believe anything he has said.

Gotta say tho that book cover haunted my childhood nights and was one of the most terrifying things in my head for many years
>>
>>19405033
they are categorizing humans in the same way as we do
>>
>>19403206
Tell us.
>>
>>19405483
What a faggot
>>
>>19403236
Not him, but seizures often make people smell things funny.

There's this great "Canadian Moments" that used to play on CBC about Dr Penfield doing brain surgery on a woman who had seizures.
The big moment was the Dr prodding her brain to find what part of it fucked up.
It was the part that made her smell burnt toast.
So she was awake and he was pushing her brain bits and when she said "I smell toast!" he cut out the part he touched.

Specific and overwhelming smells are symptom of seizures.
>>
>>19403036
No, of course not.

Imagine that you have three people.
They each have the same illness and see similar delusions.
One thinks that aliens are taking them and doing things to them.
One thinks that demons are taking them and doing things to them.
One thinks that the Deep State is taking them and doing things to them.

Depending on what strain of delusion you have, one of the three seems totally right and the other two seems silly and ridiculous.
That should tell what they all share in common
>>
File: 1499226770915.png (1MB, 1280x1102px) Image search: [Google]
1499226770915.png
1MB, 1280x1102px
>>19405806
... but the deepstate actually does things to people...
Don't let them fool you into thinking that their attacks are just tinfoil hat bullshit.
>>
>>19405905
Oh yeah, the Deep State is fucking evil.
I agree
But they're not breaking into people's homes and secretly experimenting on them.
>>
>>19403558
>the cultural value attached to being a victim reached a furious climax with hundreds of thousands of USAmericans "remembering" they were raped as children. Aliens sometimes played a part in these "memories" as nobody credits angels or demons any more.
At the end of the 90s, with millions of court cases turning American life into a constant wrestle to determine who's the victim and therefore most righteously indignant and demanding, the nation was primed for the new century.
Along comes the 9/11 attacks to tip a whole generation, set up for victimhood and vengefulness, directly into the meatgrinder of the middle east.
Good job murkkka.
>>
>>19403036
Failing fiction writer makes up "true" story during a ufo craze.

Still tries to get paid.
>>
>>19405909
The deep state is simply an extension of the Reptoids, so yeah, they're fucking with us on all levels, they're killing us and planning to replace humanity.
>>19405806
>>
>>19403036
I would more likely to believe if didn't do many follow up books.

>How can have many experiences with little physical evidence?
>>
>>19403036
It was a huge book in the late 80's. Prolly bullshit tho.
>>
>>19403036

it was real in my mind
>>
>>19403648
i'm not sure he's exactly "making it up", man. whitley is an odd one. it seems obvious that, as a writer interested in selling his stories and making money, he would concoct the communion scheme, but there are interesting aspects of it. for example, william burroughs apparently believed him and spent time with him innawoods at the cabin where it happened. whitley claimed to never use drugs, maybe burroughs thought he might've had natural abilities worth exploring himself? also, his wife of decades has died and yet he still continues telling his stories exactly the same, even while sound exasperated and quite frankly, lost, in his life without her. it seems to me that that would make him crack and, if not admit it was all a hoax, then just disappear from the scene and enjoy his last years in private, but he just continues with it all.

his art bell interviews are a great listen, although i feel art's pain when he's constantly cut off by whitley, who sounds positively hopped up on enthusiasm telling his stories. i mean, the guy is relentless.
>>
>>19405483
It apparently traumatized every underage that saw it at the time.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.