[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tulpa/ general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

Trying to create a tulpa, so far i've got the personality traits listed out (I'm letting the tulpa pick its form) and i'm trying to force. not sure about the name.

I'm trying to make a tulpa who is intellectually curious and something of a workaholic to motivate me to take an interest in the world around me again after losing many years to depression.

How's it going for everyone else?
>>
>>19399231
If you're not well motivated to begin with, trying to put that responsibility on the tulpa will likely just result in you not caring about the tulpa eventually.

Try to motivate yourself, then, after that works, make a tulpa who can *help* you stay motivated.
>>
>>19399258
maybe you're right, but so far it's been helpful
>>
>>19399231
KYS
>>
>>19399298
nah
>>
File: Eris-apple.jpg (23KB, 324x270px) Image search: [Google]
Eris-apple.jpg
23KB, 324x270px
>>19399231
I can't say about tulpas, but there is something that may help. Think of all the role models you look up to, fictional or not. In experiencing their virtues in experiencing them (in whatever context) you have formed those virtues in you, they are just waiting to be integrated into your self and expressed. It doesn't matter if something is "just fiction," the emotional experience is authentic.

Now, write your story, literally. Write about the role models closest to you and the qualities they have, and why YOU have them (you must have them by necessity.) Piece them together and describe an ideal version of yourself, who you want to be. You are in essence making yourself a tulpa.

To "force" your ideal self, when faced with a decision write down what the choice would be in line with your true self, and arguments for why to do so. Continue the self-argument process, looking at both pros and cons, until you are 100% convinced to act. You then have written your own victory, and all the subconscious bullshit that keeps your true self from being expressed is temporarily cleared, and so you act.

Do this habitually, for decisions small and large, and over time you won't need to do the writing exercises anymore; you will have achieved self-mastery and self-authorship. Be the hero you know you can be, ask yourself "What would I do?" when that "I" is the self you know yourself to be.

The reward is beyond compare if you are successful, and even in the struggle itself tremendous meaning is found.
>>
>>19399309
Actually...yeahhhh
>>
>>19399320
I like this, anon, thanks. I wish I had this advice a few years ago.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.