[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/omg/ -- Occultism & Magick General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 353
Thread images: 55

File: 1472702003030.jpg (410KB, 1056x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1472702003030.jpg
410KB, 1056x1600px
/sum/ pastebin: http://pastebin.com/HhU18gCW
For Goetia summoning go here >>>19375118

Library link: https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
>>
First for being impatient to get this.
>>
Is self initiation into Vajrayana possible?
>>
>>19398436
I want everyone to know that (so long as my stomach settles so I can actually take it) during my trip this evening i will be reciting Anathema of Zos loud enough for most of my neighborhood to hear. I may even hook up my PA speakers. It depends on what else I consume, I guess, but psychedelics are great for sermons. I learned that from the Brown Buffalo.
>>
>>19398506
It is incredibly frowned upon and difficult to do unless you have a good source on complete tantras, know Middle Tibetan and can guess at all the mantras and specifics of ceremony that are transmitted orally.
>>
>>19398528
For those who don't know,

>"Oscar Zeta Acosta was famous as a Robin Hood Chicano Lawyer and notorious as the real-life model for Hunter S. Thompson's "Dr. Gonzo"" a character in book and movie "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas."
>>
>>19398535
Hmm...are there any authentic schools in the west?
>>
Does anyone have any thoughts on burning magickal trash? I have a tarot deck that I utterly destroyed over the course of several years and wonder if anyone has any cool words to speak over them as I toss em on the flames. Also soliciting good ways to consecrate ritual fire because that'll help.
>>
>>19398506
Books on Self Initiation to Vajrayogini and Vajrabhiarava in the library.
>>
>>19398544
Tons, the diaspora has benefits.

I don't know the depth of instruction you can expect to get as a lay follower in any of them, but I know Tenzin Wangyal's Ligmincha is genuine and does pretty intensive retreats and transmissions. There are others, but I don't know any off the top of my head, there's a good list if you google.
>>
>>19398570
>ve any thoughts on burning magickal trash? I have a tarot deck that I utterly destroyed over the course of several years and wonder if anyone has any cool words to speak over them as I toss em
Hey stranger. What do you say about D. Gordon White's criticisms of Abhinavagupta RE: 'Marketing 'tantric sex' as a consumer product' in the 11th century, eventually leading to all the New Age trash focusing on "ecstasy" and "consciousness" more than the actual product of the rites?
>>
>>19398570
Is Hevajra self initiation doctrine a thing?
>>
>>19398564
It is believed that the cards have/are a spirit of their own, being ruled by other spirits, etc... so it's like 'trashing' a talisman or amulet or any other ritual tool for that matter. How the hell did you destroy it? What you MAY need to be doing is planning a funeral, rather than a 'disposal.'
>>
>>19398587
Show me evidence of "marketing" anything through either his actual Tantras or even his Aesthetic philosophy.

I think that's a highly reductive take on what the meaning of ecstasy and consciousness actually is in texts like Tantraloka or Paratrisika.
>>
To the anon from last thread or any knowledgable anon: I have heard that removing the 'husk' from MG seeds is just a meme...does the same go for HBW? Someone made some big extended post about how there are all these toxins in the husk only, and if you remove it you're fine, but failed to say how they even know to begin with. Also, I read a report on Erowid that this shit can kill you/send you to the hospital...which shocked me, because I have always thought of psychedelics as less harmful than tylenol. Thoughts? This is on topic because I WILL be using these in a ritual setting after gauging dosage...probably for the Eclipse.
>>
File: franz.jpg (48KB, 412x564px) Image search: [Google]
franz.jpg
48KB, 412x564px
>be Jesus tier wizard
>somehow still overweight and die in your 50's

Really makes me think.
>>
>>19398613
I mean, you're the one who recommended Kiss of the Yogini so I thought you might have insights? I'm not here for a pissing match, broham. Love you, btw :-*
>>
>>19398622
Doesn't mean I agree with every single assertion of White.

He's an academic, not Source.
>>
>>19398625
>>19398622
I think my easiest criticism of all that would be that Abhinava was almost unheardof in the West till Mahendranath came back to the UK, at which point Woodruff had already done a shitload of popularization of shaky interpretations of the materials.
>>
>>19398590
I wish, those practices are way more secret and specific
>>
>>19398618
Have we not once and for all determined that when you die has jack shit to do with your "powers"? Jesus allegedly died in his early thirties. And I think Bardon was a fat LARPer. but I mean, look at the yoga pics from The Equinox. Crowley wasn't exactly skinny in middle age. Then again, from ALL indications, being a bit heavy never once got in the way of the Work for Crowley. In fact it shocked me some of the asanas he was pictured in...the mere fact that he was able to contort his body that way, while not refraining from rich food and strong drink and mellow smoke, is encouraging to people like me who are 5'8" and 130 lbs, but whose genetics say they will be doubling their weight in about ten years!
>>
File: 27 AC garden pipe 1 copy.jpg (105KB, 519x800px) Image search: [Google]
27 AC garden pipe 1 copy.jpg
105KB, 519x800px
>>19398666
>Crowley wasn't exactly skinny in middle age
For what it's worth, AC dropped massive weight when he stopped eating three meals a day in Paris restaurants.
>>
>>19398618
>Jesus tier wizard
How many of those have there honestly been?
>>
>>19398625
>>19398643
Thanks. I have to agree that it seems to be INCREDIBLY reductive take, I think White was talking about their usage in the West vs. meaning in context. Like what you were saying about "enlightenment" the other day. Abhinavagupta was likely using them in the Eastern sense?(or rather not using them at all because they are English). Also, White doesn't use the term "marketing" in this instance, I added that due to confusing two separate passages. He is however, pinning a lot of responsibility on the guy for modern misunderstandings of tantra. As a white guy from US and A, I had no idea 'people' had the impression that Tantra was about 'ritualized sex' rather than 'sexualized ritual.'

On that note, is there anything one could learn from the VIIth-XIth degree OTO "secrets" that one wouldn't learn from a Tantric lineage?
>>
>>19398670
It's funny you say this...I ALMOST said he wasn't exactly skinny in *old* age, then I remembered this and the pic of him on his deathbed. Is it *absolutely* required to have whacky eyebrows and a goat-beard in order to cross the Abyss?
>>
>>19398670
That decrepit fuck looks like he's at least 100 years old. So this is the power of "qaballa"
>>
>>19398681
>is there anything one could learn from the VIIth-XIth degree OTO "secrets" that one wouldn't learn from a Tantric lineage?
Abhinava appears (?) to back off the more "low" evokations of daka/matrika type spirits which are analogous to IX and X praxes. I'd imagine that to fill the gap you'd have to hunt down a straight unrevised Kaula or maybe even Krama lineage.
>>
File: IMG_9663.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9663.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>19398596
that's why I called it "magickal trash." Do you just keep every talisman you've ever made? Because that is impractical, for me. It's too close to my heart to just chuck it in the bin but not something I'm going to carry around with me for the next 10 years.

The deck died a watery death over the course of a year. a cat knocked over a glass of water on them, I knocked over a glass on them, finally the deck fell into my laundry hamper, unbeknownsted to me, and I ran the entire thing through the wash. So a watery death through and through.

So, magickal trash fire consecration thoughts?
>>
>>19398681
The arcana of the OTO are a highly specific set of mysteries of a questionable and obscure origin. I've never seen anything remotely like them outside of maybe the Hejavara Tantra and some Alchemical texts
>>
>>19398705
Gets worse.

>>19398684
Yes.
>>
>>19398708
It's a book and you bury books.
>>
>>19398708
I've had tarot cards die from water, fire, air, and even dirt. The elemental nature of it could be emblematic of what's happening in your life right now.
>>
>>19398720
Unless they're the incriminating kind, then you burn them and burn the ashes.
>>
>>19398723
you will drown in your shower, standing up.

brb afk bath
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>19398720

When you ask the deck how it wants to die...
>>
>>19398708
>Wants to burn a book
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnyMUpPdVqw
>>
>>19398719
You can watch the man deteriorate, more or less.
>>
>>19398730
Wrap em over a baseball bat, congrats now you can kill demons
>>
>>19398741
>>
>>19398723
Yeah trust me I'm with you there ha. I took note of the cards that were most affected as well, the same ones got fucked the worst each time (the emperor and the ace of wands most noteably, which makes sense considering water element the deck was suffering under). This was several years ago now, so it's less "right now" and more "back then," but it's easier to see the the symbols now, looking back, than it was when I was innit.

>>19398723
I feel you on this honestly, I had like a strong intuition about burying them as well , but also feeling the "burn it al!!!" vibes right now just generally. I'll feel it out. Thanks for your input, all
>>
>>19398741
Is that a pipe or an idol or wand of some sort? looks like it could go either way.
>>
File: 1487515828242.jpg (120KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1487515828242.jpg
120KB, 768x1024px
>>19398746
>>
>>19398720
Ah shit, was tryna quote^ not >>19398723
>>
>>19398746
Ape, any guide on how to make A.'.A.'. Probationer's robe for self-initiation? I know how to make a basic tau-Robe, but IDK about the A.'.A.'. ones, especially with the headdress.hood and all.
>>
I wonder if invoking venus and sun like a motherfucker can offset aging. Looking at Crowley fills me with dread and fear.
>>
>>19398764
Physically speaking the sun does very little to offset aging ha, not sure why it would help in this case either
>>
>>19398528
HB woodrose will fuck your stomach up, bro. Don't do it.
>>
>>19398764
It's not like the guy just wasted away for decades. he was exposed to all kinds of weather and climes, all kinds of drugs and alcohol, etc. Of course he was ill toward the end, but it's not old age alone that made him looked weathered. hell, look at him in his 40s-50s!
>>
>>19398502
What is that lovely book?
>>
>>19398764
Looking at a 70 year old heavy smoker and heroin addict who survived multiple bouts of malaria and victorian disease fills you with fear?
>>
>>19398770
I mean, I've taken MG seeds loads of times, and had to eat about 12 grams. I don't think I'll get nearly as sick. Any recommendations are welcome to reduce this, but as a rule ALL psychedelics fuck my stomach up.
>>
>>19398777
>fills you with fear?
Yes. Whether at 73 or 110 years old, I will one day look the same.
>>
>>19398780
If you make the lemonade it will be less harsh on the stomach. Use coffee filters if you have some.
>>
>>19398506
In my experience, you can always self-initiate through good books but usually only to the lower levels of the system. After that, you need a teacher.*

>*tfwnoteacher
>>
>>19398783
Ok thanks. I remember when I took 12g of MG seeds I was rather sick, not even as sick as you would get from mescaline, but for longer. But at that amount I was tripping pretty much like I had taken acid. Also I plan to use copious amounts of medical marijuana, which I' m sure I would be a candidate for if i wanted to be bothered having doctors tell me what recreational drugs I can and can't use while i'm prescribed it. NYS is pretty backasswards in this respect.
>>
>>19398615
Get bitcoins and buy real LSD. Or buy grey market research chems from the magical half-dozen.

HB Woodrose is an inferior trip with difficult side effects.
>>
>>19398746

The Demon Crowley

One of his best pics.
>>
>>19398798
I have a guy for it. It's just not the appropriate time. I'm not buying sched. I on the internet. Anyway, I've taken many psychedelics many times. I appreciate the suggestions though. LSD alone I have taken maybe, 3 doz. times.
>>
>>19398664
Well maybe I should look for a school. I don't know exactly how to phrase it but he was 'dancing' on my head for like 2 days straight.
>>
>>19398798
>>19398803
Furthermore, I have a rapsheet a mile long and was once almost charged for conspiring to manufacture an illicit substance (of which, of course, as with all other charges I have ever faced, I was innocent!). So doubly "no." Unless you want to give me your mailing address, then forward it to me.
>>
File: IMG_1202.jpg (139KB, 713x713px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1202.jpg
139KB, 713x713px
>>19398803
Hmm... well, I hear you can do an extract. I tried that once (8 seeds) but it produced a weak trip. I've also tried chewing them (12 seeds each time) but both times I did that were hellish trips wracked with confrontation with mortality. Pic related. Worse than ayahuasca IMO. Not as rewarding either. LSA has a distracting ecstasy-ish body high as opposed to the pure tryptamine mindfuck of dmt and shrooms. But to each their own.
>>
>>19398776
Title says it all: Traditional Witchcraft.
>>
>>19398826
I just got a giggle at the thought of an "inferior trip." Like, I didn't know there WAS such a thing! Just a different trip. Thanks. I will be the only one consuming it so my lady can see how I act and decide if she wants to try it. yeah LSA does have a weird body feelin. I never thought it was like MDMA but I have heard that before. I don't like MDMA at all but I like all kinds of 'standard' psychedelics.
>>
>>19398826
Man y'all must have some weird MDMA out there wherever you're at if you think the LSA bodyload is similar
>>
>>19398708
Start a fire with wood or charcoal. A backyard grill and briquettes will do. When it's going good, add myrrh, a traditional funerary incense, which makes this a symbolic cremation. In a pinch, you could substitute something comparable (clove, cinnamon, frankincense). If you feel it necessary to thank the cards for their service, do so. Burn the cards in numerical order, least to greatest. If you don't have all the cards, just skip over the missing ones. If you have anything else you want to get rid of, as long as the coals are still going strong, go ahead. When you're completely done, finish by adding sage or something similar (rosemary, lavender, wormwood, whatever you happen to have).

There's nothing stopping you from making this more elaborate, if that suits your tastes.
>>
>>19398818
*this poster has been put on a watchlist*
>>19398869
LSA is pretty much the only psychedelic I don't enjoy. My favorite is DPT oddly enough.
>>
>>19398890
How would you describe it then?
>>
>>19398789
If you want a psychedelic that makes you vomit aggressively just cut out the middleman and put some 2ce up your nose

>>19398898
MDMA brings me into my body, everything feels cooled down, liquidy, fresh air. LSA brings me out, it's hotter, concentrated primarily in my torso. probably because the only form I've taken is the MG seeds and the unpleasant sensation of processing toxins in the gut is sort of going to do that. it's been a solid 9 years since I fucked with LSA, though.
>>
>>19398892
Nice. Thanks. I have some cinnamon lying around, which goes nicely with the fact that the emperor card got so fuckt (cinnamon is a friend of osiris').

>>19398898
I may be being unfair cuz I have a really good access to one of them and a really shitty access to the other
>>
>>19398913
>>19398921
Ya. I just meant more the presence of the bodyload moreso than pleasantness versus unpleasantness. I am psychedelic free as of a year ago.
>>
I don't suppose Samekh, Congressus Cum Demonae is accessible anywhere, is it?
>>
Anyone else here have to hide their practice? My mom throws out my occult books if she sees them. Have to hide them under the bed and read them at night. Kinda sucks when it's day and I'm itching to study cause there's not much else to do. I've converted my journal into a personal grimoire. She is polite enough not to read that. Good thing too. It is mostly arcane notes on the arcane. I've written down several rituals. Try to practice them astrally in my head while reading. Got the words memorized for LRP. Try to imagine it mornings and evenings. Been trying to capture my dreams inside the book as well. Feels good to have a secret. But I also wanna share...

Anyway! Is it possible to have a purely astral practice? Will this hold me back? It may be some time before I have my own place.
>>
>>19399033
IT's unwise to not "ground out" your magick ever, but it's ok. I suggest periodically going somewhere alone where you can do work physically. Also sitting meditation- no one in their right mind will get mad at you for that
>>
>>19399033
Make fake book covers for your occult books.
>>
>>19398985

*sigh*

https://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib800

>>19399033

You could practice LRP in the bathroom, if you hat to.
>>
>>19399050
This is vaguely blasphemous but yeah you could rip the covers off and replace with like LOTR or something haha.
>>
>>19398436
Are you getting KHIAZMO?
>>
>>19399062
I was thinking more along the lines of making one of those slip on protective covers they make for hardcovers and such, but whatever works I suppose.
>>
>>19399033
>My mom throws out my occult books if she sees them.
Your occult practice is going to be fucked until you stop letting your mother treat you like a child. Not saying you can't, but that's a gross breech of respect and trust that ends in somebody getting their shit kicked in when two adults are involved.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXi9bwI6cY8
>>
>>19399076
Bahaha that would be way easier. You're working smarter not harder over here anon
>>
>>19399091
Well, she lets me smoke and drink and have girls over so we have a nice relationship she just peer pressures me into saying magic is silly and encourages me to sell them to half price books and makes comments like "kabbalah, eh? you a follower of madonna?" And "why do you read weird books like these when you won't even go to church with me?"...
>>
>>19399049
Ya. I do a lot of sitting meditation. She actually does yoga herself so she's okay with orientalism or something but not western mysticism/occultism.
>>19399052
I do it while she's out sometimes. Just with my finger, no dagger.
>>19399049
Ya. I'd like to do some sort of pgm or grimoire magic up closer to the eclipse. There's a lot of study to do. Planetary days and hours.
>>
>>19399208
Hey at least she isn't a control freak. Just keep the books out of sight and mention them to her again.
>>
>>19399227
>mention
*Don't mention
>>
File: gardner.jpg (554KB, 1048x1290px) Image search: [Google]
gardner.jpg
554KB, 1048x1290px
>>19398684
If you don't look like a crazed wizard in your old age, you're doing it wrong.
>>
File: 1489968939399.jpg (20KB, 492x557px) Image search: [Google]
1489968939399.jpg
20KB, 492x557px
What's the weirdest thing you anons have eaten for the purpose of ritual/magick?
>>
>>19399307
B. Caapi
>>
>>19399307
Blood, cum, datura.
>>
>>19399339
>them numbers
Together I hope
>>
>>19398502
Okay, seriously, this has been bugging me:

Modern-day "Crooked Path" witchcraft only dates back to 20th century, so why do we let them call it "traditional witchcraft", when we make fun of Wiccans for doing the exact same thing?
>>
>>19399463
Crooked Path and Cunning Airts have 'some' degree of legitimacy and lineage, with enough concurrent covens and cunning artists to date it back to at least 1890 as far as I can tell. It's historically sourced as far as textual resources go and open about its bases, if not the actual lineages. As far as being a contemporary syncretism of grimoires and whatever hot mythos the zeitgeist responds to being shoved into the harvest calendar and reenacting the Mystery of the Sabbat, it's pretty traditional. Wicca is a hot fucking mess.
>>
Do you have to be initiated into Buddhism or can you just read books about it and start practicing?
>>
>>19399463
Crooked path witchcraft can actually trace its lineage back to the Witch Cults of Essex. There are anthropological documents where you can read about it in the Mega
>>
>>19399463
Crooked Path actually has its roots in the traditions and practices of native English people.

Wicca is mostly just Americans roleplaying as English witches.

Protip: If you aren't actually British, you shouldn't claim to practice "British witchcraft" (I'm looking at you, Sevenleaf)
>>
>>19399539
To be Buddhist you have to take refuge in the three jewels and adhere to the 5 layman's tenets at the very least. Initiations come later.
>>
>>19398436
I want to make a contract with some spirit or something, where would I look for a ritual or something to do it with?
>>
>>19399557
I practice 'plachian hoodoo rootwork cunning craft like my ol' Graunty taught me out around the kitchin fire and she lernt it from an ol negro who lernt it from an injun.
>>
>>19399559
Can you tell me more? How do you take refuge in the 3 jewels? And after that, how do you get initiated?
>>
>>19399582
It depends on the school. Usually there's a ceremony on the new moon. Come to think of it, it is an initiation. You take refuge in the Buddha, the Dharma and the Sangha and actually mean it when you say it. That's about it. You recognize the authority of the Buddha as supreme self-enlightened one, the truth of the dharma and the support of all those who walk the path throughout all times and worlds. You are then personally responsible for all of your own actions beyond what you were previously because you recognize the causal nature of the universe and the karma that results from every act.

The thing about buddhism is that it's a living community. You can take the precepts on your own and live like a buddhist and reap the rewards, but you aren't privy to the direct transmission of a guru lineage unless you're part of the community or luck into a vision in a cave.
>>
>>19399629
It doesn't hurt to try to find gurus either, it's arguably easier than ever in the age of the internet, although charlatanism is a problem.
>>
>>19399647
>although charlatanism is a problem
That raises a good point.
How to tell the difference between the real deal and a charlatan?
>>
>>19399652
Personal spiritual development is unfortunately the only real answer. Charlatans are easy to spot once the intuition is refined. Certain Rinpoches hover on the line between charlatan and not because they become obsessed with power and status while still knowing the secret mantras. These people can still be effective gurus provided you don't fall into the same traps.

One could argue that in the current spiritual age we have no choice but to find guidance from highly flawed vessels.
>>
>>19399666
Find a skilled and knowledgeable teacher or two who make no claims of attainment. A guru is so beyond human that it's hard to miss.
>>
>>19398720
>>19398723

To the anon who told me to burn not bury and to the dude who is hip to elemental messages, I went with burning and when I got to the final suit of water the fucking fire department showed up like THE SECOND I dropped the ace of cups on. Seems like water has more to say to me lol
>>
>>19399695
>no claims of attainment

Yes and no, attainment can easily be demonstrated for those with the eyes to see

In reality the old maxim of "when the student is ready the master will appear" still holds up
>>
>>19399713
*bury not burn my bad
>>
>>19399715
I was saying that finding a good teacher is easier and better than finding a bad guru. There's a healthier power dynamic at play. It also puts you in connection with the kind of people who know good gurus.
>>
File: 1492139668872.jpg (42KB, 499x750px) Image search: [Google]
1492139668872.jpg
42KB, 499x750px
bump
>>
File: IMG_9685.jpg (81KB, 640x520px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9685.jpg
81KB, 640x520px
>>19399713
The universe, at me
>>
File: Dark_Succubus.png (245KB, 640x896px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Succubus.png
245KB, 640x896px
I want to have a long term relationship with a succubus, I do LBRP almost everyday. Will this affect her? or did my initial letter of intent and closing ritual incantation (” I thank you daughter of Lilith for coming to me. I welcome you into my life and into my dreams and ask all other spirits, demons and entities who have been attracted to my ritual to be gone and leave in peace.”) put her on a "whitelist"?
>>
>>19400042
Why not just rent out a whore at this point? More easier, faster, and tangible.
>>
>>19400042
>42
Idk bro. Succubi are old hat. I'm so occult I go on the astral plane and have sex with polyhedra.
>>
File: original.jpg (100KB, 500x632px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
100KB, 500x632px
What's with all the deergirls in the Occult

[spoiler] and why are they so sexy? [/spoiler]
>>
>>19400104
Artemis bro
>>
File: images (1).jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
11KB, 275x183px
>>19400084

Whores cost real money and can give you aids, blackmail you, get pregnant, etc

Succubi only cost energy, which regenerates.
>>
>>19400123
Anon has the right idea with the polyhedra. There's also naga if you're into that.
>>
>>19400089

I'm not at that level yet m8. Wish me luck.
>>
>>19399529
>at least 1890 as far as I can tell
About 200 years ahead of Gauntlet:
https://books.google.com/books/about/The_Grimoire_of_Arthur_Gauntlet_PB.html?id=9eOwZwEACAAJ

>>19399557
>you shouldn't claim to practice "British witchcraft" (I'm looking at you, Sevenleaf)
Unless you're a BTW initiate.
>>
>>19400223
I was looking at direct lineal links to concurrent traditions and revivalist movements. I can say with certainty that modern movements have partial basis in these victorian revivals and connections with cunning craft, but there are so many gaps and so much pulling from dead texts in current trad craft that anything more than "it's at least as old as Crowley" is too speculative for me.
>>
>>19400353
Agrippa had contact with Mandaeans (who he thought were Rabbis) according to historian/philosopher Eugenio Garin.

Agrippa-like sigils appear in illustrations of wytchbottles from the late 17th C.

Spare used both Agrippan sigils and wytchbottles, constantly.

The bare truth is that Crowley and Agrippa were *probably* telling the truth about the Essex Witch Cult hangovers, even if we ignore that at one point a quarter of the women in Essex were accused of witchcraft.
>>
File: wizard eyes.jpg (8KB, 91x86px) Image search: [Google]
wizard eyes.jpg
8KB, 91x86px
>>19400374
I don't doubt that some cults are much older than others, but even with the given evidence, most of what exists today is revivalist. Yes, there are old cults working Agrippa, but there are also thrice as many late 19th century startups that claim they're old and working Agrippa.
>>
>>19400457
Not to mention the real money is finding legit anglo-celtic paganism.
>>
>>19400374
>Crowley and SPARE

>>19400457
Pardon.
>>
>>19400466
The state of Celtic paganism rn is kind of poor. Very few of the actual practices survived
>>
>>19400467
It's an important distinction to make when almost every lineage from the time on both sides of the pond is clearly forged. That's why I can only say that modern trad craft is at least as old as 1890. I know it's older, but until we get a grimoire that looks less like a photocopy of the Agrippalemeton of Solomon and more like something you could build a witch cult around, I'm not sold on it being anything more than folk magic.
>>
>>19400501
>I know it's older, but until we get a grimoire that looks less like a photocopy of the Agrippalemeton of Solomon and more like something you could build a witch cult around, I'm not sold on it being anything more than folk magic.
>>19400223
>About 200 years ahead of Gauntlet:
>https://books.google.com/books/about/The_Grimoire_of_Arthur_Gauntlet_PB.html?id=9eOwZwEACAAJ
>>
>>19400505
Not to mention various private manuscripts that managed to survive from way earlier. Swedish witchcraft itself is traceable at least 300 years back
>>
File: image002.jpg (111KB, 280x385px) Image search: [Google]
image002.jpg
111KB, 280x385px
>>19400505

>>19400517
Aye, Solomanic Magickal Arts (Red and Black Books) are super compelling admixtures of the normal Western currents plus Nordic folk craft tracing from Galdrabok and before.
>>
>>19400517
And English witchcraft can be traced back to the Elizabethan period (see: Reginald Scot)
>>
>>19400528
I don't really get what the problem is with "reconstructionist" witchcraft as long as it's not more about leaping than LARPing. Everything had to be constructed at some point, fresh fever and what not
>>
What should I be thinking about while I masturbate for maximum spiritual gains?
>>
>>19400667

lilith
>>
>>19400667
Nuit
>>
Is there any good heretical Islamic witchcraft? I was reading about the pre Islamic Kaaba practices (which involved a lot of naked people in the same place) and it made me think that pre Islamic Arab paganism might be fun to mess with
>>
>>19400667
Babalon
>>
>>19400667

lolis
>>
>>19400667
Eris.
>>
>>19400703
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanchuniathon#The_history_of_the_gods
>>
File: IMG_1024.jpg (111KB, 740x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1024.jpg
111KB, 740x533px
I took a boddhisattva vow but lately I feel like just snuffing everything out and not being reborn. Wat do?
>>
>>19400723
Damn the Ophidian cults are fucking everywhere
>>
>>19400726
Complete Arhatship in this lifetime.
>>
>>19400723
Michael W Ford has a deep understanding of these deities from a left hand path perspective
>>
>>19400739
>Michael W Ford has a deep understanding
>>
>>19400746
To explicate; Ford's understanding is the weak points of O9A mixed with scraps of Chumbley.

If you're in doubt then read through Luciferian Witchcraft again.
>>
>>19400758
Sekhem Apep was such a disappointing book. I really want a good exegesis of the Typhonian mysteries that isnt written by a LARPer or a nut.
>>
>>19400770
>I really want a good exegesis of the Typhonian mysteries that isnt written by a LARPer or a nut.
It's called "The Dragon Book of Essex".
>>
>>19400782
Aren't the Draconian and Typhonoan mysteries separate things? Kenneth Grant seems to insist they are different and Chumbley had that whole Ku Sebbitu thing

Speaking of Chumbley (kind of) what do you think about this:
http://www.starrycave.com/2012/01/seven-flaws-in-mike-howards-children-of.html?m=1
>>
>>19400795
>Within the Circle of Absence the oneiro-physical vehicle of the practitioner is opened to the Body of all Other by ordeals of magical sacrifice, thereby to transcarnate the insurgent power of the void within the matrix of primordial carnality. This is to attain the marriage of Man with the very spirit of the Elder Gods - to realise the Arcanum of the Dracosarkia: the unification of ever-changing flesh and the sentience of the ***Apophasian Gnosis***.

>http://www.starrycave.com/2012/01/seven-flaws-in-mike-howards-children-of.html?m=1
I see lots of assertion of critque of scholarship but no actual refutation of Howard's sources, like the museum collections of Cornwall.

This is just a pile of Cochraine dicksucking when it's fairly certain Cochraine had less contact with actual witchcraft than most names discussed in these threads (His own family refutes his claims of generational/filial witchcraft, going so far as to claim his supposed initiator was a devout Presbyterian).

Not to dismiss Cochraine's synchretic contributions, but he's not the end-all of the Trad. Craft, nor even it's most impressive/well initiated representative.
>>
File: IMG_1383.jpg (132KB, 532x752px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1383.jpg
132KB, 532x752px
>>19400770
>>19400838
After trying to work my way though the slimy mess that is Outside the Circles of Time I've been thinking a lot about why so much of the publically accessible Opus of the Typhonian mysteries are straight up trash. Considering Ixxaxxars awesome name they should be publishing Grimoires at least on the order of Chumbley. Is the path itself so fraught with deception and Shadow that only the most deranged condensations of that force make it to the public? Why must Typhon be only viewed through a mirror, darkly?
>>
File: IMG_1384.jpg (54KB, 400x382px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1384.jpg
54KB, 400x382px
>>19400894
As a side note what thing that really sold me on Chumbley was that he didnt fall for the Shadow tree/Qlipot meme. The pathworking of Azoetia is strangely traditional, if very "in between"

"In between" isn't the same as "outside" though
>>
>>19400894
>they should be publishing Grimoires at least on the order of Chumbley
Especially considering that they even use Chumbley's sigils and fundamental assumptions, but these guys were late-comers like Ford, and seem to not have had access to inner materials. My typescripts are older than Current 218 AND Karlsson's sect.

>>19400908
https://youtu.be/mypY7nT6GQ0
>>
>>19400894
>Is the path itself so fraught with deception and Shadow that only the most deranged condensations of that force make it to the public?

From RAW's Cosmic Trigger:

"Since everybody in the room at this point had either had the required experience, or was willing to speculate about it and study it objectively rather than merely banishing it with the label "hallucination," I went into my rap about the parallels between Leary and Wilhelm Reich. "The attempt to destroy both Dr. Reich and Dr. Leary reached its most intense peak right after they reported their extraterrestrial contacts," I said. "I keep having very weird theories about what that means..."

Grady McMurty nodded vigorously. "That's the $64,000 question," he said emphatically. "For years I've been asking Phylis and everybody else I know: why does the gnosis always get busted? Every single time the energy is raised and large-scale group illuminations are occurring, the local branch of the Inquisition kills it dead. Why, why, why?"

Nobody had any very conclusive ideas.

"I'll tell you what I think," Grady said. "There's war in Heaven. The Higher Intelligences, whoever they are, aren't all playing on the same team. Some of them are trying to encourage our evolution to higher levels, and some of them want to keep us stuck just where we are."

According to Grady, some occult lodges are working with those nonhuman intelligences who want to accelerate human evolution, but some of the others are working with the intelligences who wish to keep us near an animal level of awareness."
>>
>>19400918
>current 218
>how to destroy your working group though murder

That's a good song btw
>>
Scientific occultism? Is it possible to physicize metaphysics in a way that is astrological and cosmological instead of sexual and transgressive? What are the best attempts at a neo-Asterist revival?

Also, my girlfriend entered my temple space on her period. How do I cleanse?
>>
File: e80.png (37KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
e80.png
37KB, 250x250px
>>19400940
>Some of them are trying to encourage our evolution to higher levels, and some of them want to keep us stuck just where we are."

Which side are you on?
>>
>>19400940
Ain't a War in Heaven a War in Mind?

Get your shit together, humanity, and maybe the rest of the universe will
>>
>>19400940
>>19400908
Notice THE BOOK OF THE STELLAR WITCHFLAME GODDESS by Mark Alan Smith is a DIRECT ripoff of the DBoE, published WELL AFTER DBoE dropped publicly.
>>
>>19400940
So do you buy Kenneth Grants assertion that the only way Out now is through the Shadow? I don't really, I think the Great Work of our time is to get the Kids to stop fighting. (AL and all that)
>>
>>19400953
>How do I cleanse?
Lick her clean and transmit the fluid into your oil/honey/wine mix for Cakes of Light without it touching the open air.

>Is it possible to physicize metaphysics in a way that is astrological and cosmological instead of sexual and transgressive?
Why not both?

>Scientific occultism?
Method of Science
Aim of Religion.

>What are the best attempts at a neo-Asterist revival?
Star.Ships + Academic reconstruction.

>>19400957
Whichever you want me to be.

>>19400958
"To put order into the world, you must first put order into yourself"
~t. Chuck Milles Manson.
>>
>>19400982
>So do you buy Kenneth Grants assertion that the only way Out now is through the Shadow?
Halfway.
There's a reason NOX is the new Word to unbolt the Vault of Adepts.

Doesn't mean that LVX is actually invalid tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjkHt3Iw8gk
>>
Any good texts on woodland spirits, and whatnot? Most interested in communing and conjuring them.
>>
>>19400983
>without touching air
But why?
>>
File: corpushypercube1.jpg (285KB, 2514x3439px) Image search: [Google]
corpushypercube1.jpg
285KB, 2514x3439px
>>19400983
can I have your stance on Christianity? and the idea that the Son of God died for the good of mankind?
>>
What do you guys think about the black sun Naziboos recruiting on the Reddit occult spaces, particularly this dude:
https://www.reddit.com/user/Vox-Triarii
That shit where he did the remote viewing so perfectly is pretty suspect.
>>
File: 0bf.jpg (43KB, 680x764px) Image search: [Google]
0bf.jpg
43KB, 680x764px
How do I become more like green pill?
>>
>>19401305
It looks like your shilling tb h fa m
>>
From Psychonaut:
>To the magician it is self-evident that there is some other level of reality than the purely physical.
How to/at what point does one witness this self-evidence?
I believe, but belief is not that.
>>
File: Devils_Peak_Fire_Scorches_Earth.png (403KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
Devils_Peak_Fire_Scorches_Earth.png
403KB, 650x433px
Hours left, I haven't written jack shit and the coffee's not done brewing.
Oh, what to do?
I have too many things I'm thinking about that kept me up last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNYOVEXJBBM

I feel like someone I know that is proven to be manipulative is attempting to manipulate me again.
I think his end game this time is to get me to sleep with him so he can turn it back on me.
He's a very very sneaky Omo Shango (Siete Rayos).
I've known him for years, and I've seen how he operates - very narcissistic.
Almost to the point of malignancy.
I have to interract with him daily, whether I want to or not.
He's married, and his wife had something similar to a stroke and is handicapped - so, he sent her to live with her brother because he couldn't be bothered to care for her.
I looked up to him before I knew what sort of person he really is.
He does still have FEW admirable traits.
I am flattered, I must admit, but this is going to end very very VERY badly for me.
>>
>>19400667
whatever intention you want to manifest
also >>19400686
>>
File: 016.jpg (85KB, 501x720px) Image search: [Google]
016.jpg
85KB, 501x720px
>>19401913

Sounds like you want to be manipulated.
>>
>>19400940

Grady was right, too. That whole chapter is sort of the outline of my life.

>>19401507

Act as if you believe.
>>
>>19402144
Whether I want to be or not, I am being.
My want or not want has nothing to do with this ride.
Sad fact is that this situation disturbing my thoughts is more than likely going to taint whatever I do tonight.
I could try to manipulate him right back, but I don't feel like that would be a good use of my time and I just really don't think that would work.
That would blow up right in my face.
>>
>>19402320

Tell him u got aids. Or that ur a lesbian. Or that ur a lesbian with aids.
>>
File: IMG_9453.gif (68KB, 413x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9453.gif
68KB, 413x280px
>>19402320
When dudes creep on me like that I'll put like a ton of snarling animals in my astral space when they try to direct their attention to me. Even basic dudes usually get the picture on some level or another, just like "huh something about this feels unpleasant and I can't quite put my finger on it..."
>>
>>19402703
sounds autistic, senpai
>>
>>19402703

wouldnt that make everyone feel uneasy about you?
>>
>>19402796
Nah. It's like glaring at somone in my experience. I mean, maybe and I just haven't noticed lol
>>
>>19402320
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
Will any of the goetic spirits be easier to summon during the upcoming eclipse?
>>
>>19403304
On this note, are any operations gonna be helped/hindered during the eclipse?
>>
Anyone know the best way to find a teacher? I know they are all about secrecy and stuff but I've been interested in a while. Plus I kinda feel like the spiritual energy flows through my blood. Kinda feel like a waste at this point doing nothing with my life.
>>
>>19403524

join the OTO?
>>
>>19403535
OTO?
>>
>>19403556
OTO.
>>
>>19403524
What kind of teacher would you look for?
There's all different kinds of magicians out there.
>>
>>19403524
Get into yoga. And buddhism. And read up on western theory. But avoid western teachers. The mystery schools of the west are in shambles. Try to achieve a consistent daily practice. Vipassana, samatha, asana, pranayama, yama, niyama. Then as you continue your path a teacher will find you.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UjvdZm-Tu8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpGME3Iv7Yg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2QKEXykBH0
>>
>>19403589
How does one get into Buddhism? Is there a specific book?
>>
>>19403589
There is nothing wrong with western teachers as a whole. Eastern teachers in the west are worse than the average round eye, the problem is that everyone looking for any teacher is so fucked up they don't know what a healthy relationship with sane peers looks like.
>>
>>19403589
>Then as you continue your path a teacher will find you.
This is an awful meme that mediocre instructors pass around to force you into being grateful for their luekwarm instruction.

"You get the teacher you deserve" is further used by even MORE mediocre instructors to force you to feel bad about having mediocre instructors.

Wait for NOBODY.
Running a smash-and-grab on the Vault of the Adepts is easier than running one on a diamond shop.
>>
>>19403589
Why specifically Yoga and Buddhism? Does it help with meditation some how? Also daily practice for me can be easily achieved.
>>
File: tumblr_nj0qwwJE3B1rcn32co5_1280.png (198KB, 640x357px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nj0qwwJE3B1rcn32co5_1280.png
198KB, 640x357px
>>19403595
>>
>>19403611
>why does yoga help with yoga?
>why does a yogic religion based in meditation help with meditation?
You sure you've been interested for a while?
>>
Does anyone know of any magickal systems that focus on developing personal power rather than co-ercing other entities into service?

Someone along the lines of Yoga / Buddism where spiritual power resides 'within' but approached from a more ritual / ceremonial angle?

Some type of alchemy perhaps?

All the stuff I've found so far tends to rely upon invocations of other entities and is heavily packed in a judeo-christian paradigm that I can't get on board with.

Am I making any sense at all?
>>
File: Gooby_car_suspicious.png (42KB, 386x269px) Image search: [Google]
Gooby_car_suspicious.png
42KB, 386x269px
>>19403556

if you don't know what OTO is, you are not worthy of a master yet.

research, research, then do some more research. then some more research. then some more. then again. oh you thought it was ogre? more research faggot. get in the research again. go research.

then when you feel you wont embarrass yourself, try to join an order.
>>
>>19403606
>"You get the teacher you deserve"
Oh jeez this is like borderline abusive language lol.

>gets a bad teacher
>I deserve this

If I wanted this mental framework I'd be a damn catholic
>>
>>19403651
Never said i was worthy enough just yet. As for studying and researching it wont be an issue as long as I have good sources.
>>
I was wondering if anybody here is a practioner of Haitian/New Orleans Voodoo or Hoodoo/Rootwork/Conjure.

If so, do any of you have suggestions of prayers and other things I could put on my altar to Baron Samedi. Right now i have a shotglass of Rum, an ashtray, a cigarette, a drawing of his Veve, and a purple cloth.
>>
>>19403645
Left Hand Path works fairly well in that angle from what I've heard. LHP doesn't necessarily have to be theistic, just like RHP
>>
>>19403816

Kill a homosexual, put him on your alter, and then play this

https://youtu.be/_3OD3n4-Cvo

When your body starts moving, you know you've done it right.
>>
>>19403631
in the shiva mahapurana buddhism is looked at as a charlatan religion
>>
>>19403816
Isn't voodoo a bit more... hands on... than that?
>>
>>19403851
Not entirely, it depends on the individual interpretation
>>
>>19403851
Are you that "Shiva Sutras Only" Trika who thinks that Abhinava's a sophist?
>>
Does scientology have anything of substance to offer?
>>
>>19403606
>Running a smash-and-grab on the Vault of the Adepts is easier than running one on a diamond shop.

QFT
>>
File: lolno.jpg (213KB, 1024x937px) Image search: [Google]
lolno.jpg
213KB, 1024x937px
>>19403885
no, I just read a shiva mahapurana from your book archive a few months ago and remember that it was quite firm in its stance. I am a gnostic christian though, and I don't know what Trika or Abhinava is.

but since I have your attention can you reply to >>19401269

>>19403864
the main reason I would see for the stance is that Buddhism denies the Atman(soul) and the creator (brahman)
>>
>>19403939
There were extensive dialogs between Shivadist and Buddhist Tantrics about just this issue. They aren't as far off as you think
>>
>>19403892
A nice anecdote and an ok-tier paradigm

But otherwise less than most other religions.
>>
>>19403949
Some lineal heads came out salty.
Others not so much.
Abhinava was saltier than most but I honestly think the Buddhism they're shitposting about is NOT the Buddhism that we have after a thousand years of refinement in Tibet.

Regardless of Guru specific bitching, there's a strong tradition of cross initiation, even by Abhinava, mostly localized in Nepal because reasons.
>>
>>19403892
Little purple notebook and ourano's ghost danse.
>>
How come so many Tantra texts don't really refer to sexual practices explicitly until you get to stuff like the Hevajra Tantra which turns it all the way up to 11? Is that a text that common people aren't supposed to have?
>>
>>19404066
The tantric arts aren't all about sex. That's a part of it, sure, but only a part.
>>
>>19403606
You wouldn't know the vault of adepts from a diamond shop. That's why you're likely to get suckered. As you make practice a lifestyle and get more well-read you will find teachers and traditions you gravitate to and will naturally find teachers of those traditions especially if you go out and involve yourself communally. Of course, going outside might be hard for some neets.
>>
>>19404083
^This is exactly the sort of asshole I'm talking about.

As for "well read" I've almost completed my masters involving as much of the library as I can, having built it up for over a decade. My library consists of three bookcases ranging from Thelema to Grimoires to Tantra of all stripes, to Western philosophy to Biochem to three graduate level stats texts to ... you get the point.

In terms of community I'm in routine contact with the brightest guardians of the contemporary Western current and have found that the ones most worth trusting have renounced their respective communities, and this includes Tantrics and Occultists.

The sad truth of the matter is that students understanding more than their instructors is the norm rather than the exception in these spiritually degenerate times, and even if you find one worth taking instruction from, the chances of being able to tolerate them are slim to none, which is a part of the Ordeals.

Also, it's not hard to get outside at all when you're working an outdoor praxis, on top of an above FT grad enrollment, on top of work.

The more you wait for someone to teach you, the more you harm yourself by neglecting to do it yourself.
>>
>>19404143
Different anon, but out of curiosity, how long have you been studying/practicing magic?
>>
>>19404166
Like I dunno fuckin' fifteenish years now?
>>
>>19404175
Is that a long time?
>>
>>19404143
>involving as much of the library (linked in OP) as I can
>My *(irl* outside the one I keep for you cats) library
>>
>>19404180
Longer than most anons put together. I've only got 2 solid years of actual, meaningful study and practice in over the same period.
>>
>>19404180
You tell me, mate.
>>
>>19404196
I'm not sure what the average skill level is around here. Would you say you're one of the more experienced magicians in these parts?
>>
>>19404216
>Would you say you're one of the more experienced magicians in these parts?
>>19404196
>You tell me, mate.

I'm not here for a wand measuring contest with anons who may or may not lurk that could theoretically blow my ass out of the water.

This guy:
>>19403931
Was where I am now twenty years ago.

When this one speaks:
>>19401913
I just shut up and listen (9 times out of ten) because they've mastered subjects I have only begun to explore.
>>
>>19404216
Ape is the only poster I've ever seen here who is clearly more adept than myself, not that you should care but that's my perception. He's not perfect, but nobody is. I've found his guidance trustworthy and his library invaluable. People can talk about Magusitus as much as they want to but he publically demonstrates his attainment unlike the people who come here and are put off by his occasional rudeness
>>
>>19404258
This isn't some kind of insidious riddle, I'm just curious as to how you view your own skill level.
>>
>>19404143
Well, I'm not a teacher yet so hopefully not an asshole. I just am a lost seeker in these degenerate times. Sadly, I do often know more as a student than those who profess to teach locally. Hence my current lack of a teacher. It is hard to find someone you not only respect in knowedge but in personality. I tell myself my solo path is more independent and rational but you are probably right about doing myself a disservice. I defer to your superior wisdom. I have been an occultist for ten years and remember the various incarnations of this thread. I have found trustworthy yoga and meditation instructors for my guidance but have experienced no guru, no shaman, no magister with which to pursue a lifetime relationship. Of course, when I do grad school I will be doing this essentially in an academic mystery school, no? I am a philosophy major :^)
>>
>>19404313
I've had really good luck messaging individuals that I respect who have written books that I enjoy online. People appreciate thoughtful questions about their own work. If you want information people will provide it, if you show the capacity to pick up what they're putting down. Mostly you can show that capacity with a well-framed question
>>
>>19404313
Don't defer to anyone's wisdom dipshit, there's nothing a guru can do for you that you can't do for yourself. When you find someone worth listening to then listen
>>
>>19404275
>put off by his occasional rudeness
I truly have little sufferance for those who are belligerent about their own ignorance.

>>19404277
>I'm just curious as to how you view your own skill level.
I try not to think about this in terms of "skill level".
Lemme put it this way; I'm trying to figure out how to get a His or Comp Rel department to let me do a dissertation on Witchbottles or Chumbley, or both.

We've had three major dissertations hit the stacks in the last decade on LHP satanism as an NRM, meanwhile, we're lucky to get a couple tradcraft articles published.
>>
>>19404277
It's a meaningless comparison. He's about 5 years of ass busting ahead of most anons here and some ways behind everyone who knows shit he doesn't. That's not saying much because the average occultist is fucking dogshit and ape knows fuckall about huge swaths of the occult.
>>
>>19404365
Best of luck to you.
A dissertation on Chumbley would be fascinating to read.
>>
>>19404387
More DBoE than anything.
I have a giant fuckpile of notes stretching something like four plus thousand years of history and nothing to do with it rn than pass it to the curious.
>>
>>19404006
>a thousand years of refinement in Tibet
My sides
>>
>>19404410
All extant Saivist shitposting the Mantrayana or Yogacara predates the writing of Kalachakra which has been in practice something like 800 years.
>>
>>19404408
Can't wait for the DBoE Companion in standard pdf and telismatic peacock skin editions.
>>
>>19404258
>This guy:
>>>19403931 (You)
>Was where I am now twenty years ago.

If anything, you're ahead of where I was, but point taken.
>>
>>19404453
>telismatic peacock skin editions
I was thinking of making sigilized bookmarks out of peacock feathers I've used in ritual to package with my first pass at selling a DB+Typescript+Catalog with Initiatory Gestures set, to sweeten the deal a bit.
>>
File: IMG_9669.jpg (374KB, 894x902px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9669.jpg
374KB, 894x902px
>>19404478
What's the copyright situation there?
>>
>>19404496
What, exactly, do you mean?
They're essentially diaries in private collection, there is no "copyright" here, other than my ownership of the typescripts.

An A.'.A.'. lineal head suggested I perhaps publish a few of them with exegesis as I'm pretty sure they pass the 10% difference litmus (orations and sigils are different), but I'm utterly unsure of how they relate to the Private Initiatory edition of 10 copies and really I'd rather not put up with the headache of trying to do anything like that when I doubt I can say much about a rite disconnected from the ritual cycle.
>>
>>19404428
>saivist shitposting

You should see the way they act on Hindi messageboards
>>
>>19404478
I need to get rid of 34 pages to get a bootleg DBoE printed and the Glossary and Illustration Index are only 7 pages. What else is there to cut, because fuck if I'm not keeping the illustrations.
>>
>>19398502
>>19398832
Who wrote this? I want to find out if I have it in my collection or if it's something else titled Traditional Witchcraft.

>>19400223
>get print book
What, no download? Hell's bells, Google Books.

>>19403892
Hahaha no.
>>
>>19404359
I only defer because I know it's true deep down.
>>19404354
If I wasn't lazy I would do this. But mostly I just scramble through the internet blindly consuming whatever synchronicity sets before me. In the words of T dog mckenners "if you need a teacher try a waterfall" or the universe or an imageboard.
>>
File: tree.jpg (292KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tree.jpg
292KB, 1920x1080px
Im not an occultist, or a warlock. But I have a strong connection with nature, call it pseudo-pagan as I dont identify as pagan. But my question is what are staves typically used for?

Are they purely practical or are they used for magic? I found a tree that was knocked over in a storm and i saw a particular branch that was calling me. I took it and decided to craft it into a staff. I blessed the the branch with sage and rose, and charged it with an amethyst. Mind you, i was having a very tumultuous day, emotionally, and I ended up seeking a new start to the day. And what i do with this branch, Im hoping will give me some sort of peace and mindfulness in my wayward days.

Thats what IM using it for, or going to rather. But what do you sorts use staves for, and how?
>>
>>19404574
Print in a set of two.
>>
>>19404618

Leaning on
>>
>>19404637
I actually just found an option that will do up to 1200 pages and is cheaper, but that is an option if I find a site with nice cloth binding that doesn't ask questions.
>>
>>19404532
No I've seen it.

>>19404574
Table of Contents.
Lots of the instructions/orations on ritual tools can be written up in a few pages by hand.
>>
>>19404618
So you're like a druid?
Das cool.
Practically a stave can be a walking stick or a tool to extend reach, or even a self defense weapon in the worst of cases.
Magically it can be like a wand, like how Gandalf uses his in that fiction. "Gandalf" means "Staff Elf".
>>
>>19404645
>not binding it yourself with sigilized goat-dick leather and painstakingly handcrafted enpapers using a gematriacally encoded fractal ratio in frog's blood and Tyrian purple hand ground from snail shells.
>>
>>19404662
This motherfucker is so extra baka
>>
Bookbinding is an ubermensch of hobbies

>>19404662
I was considering snake skin.
>>
>>19404662
I found a better site with even sketchier quality. Now I have room for extra shit like initiatory gestures and it's perfect bound so I can just rip it out and section sew the signatures into a real book with whatever I have laying around.
>>
>>19404645
>>19404662
>>19404679
>not all books in human skin
>>
File: DSC05701.jpg (492KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05701.jpg
492KB, 1200x1600px
>>19404679
Mah nigga.
>>
File: IMG_9703.jpg (91KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9703.jpg
91KB, 720x960px
>>19404614
Leaning hard on synchronicity to lay out my path has made my efforts kind of scattered. There's really something to be said for choosing a point in the distance and working towards it methodically, I'm learning
>>
>>19404700
I'm going with quarter raccoon and ex boyfriend boxers and embossed hypercubes under paisley endpapers.
>>
File: a0b.jpg (16KB, 375x411px) Image search: [Google]
a0b.jpg
16KB, 375x411px
>>19404700
>not being a Book of Blood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jQjvTkfaWY
>>
Holy shit, he's still going:
https://youtu.be/yZ8dbx7Xjd0
>>
>>19404531
I guess I just don't know how it works. I thought even private work is considered the creator's intellectual property once a third party starts trying to sell it
>>
File: IMG_20170806_190906825.jpg (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170806_190906825.jpg
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>19404734
I want source on this shit. It is some sexy fucking cloth.
>>
>>19403857
Well, yes but the altar is an essential part to practice
>>
>>19404785
I'd need to know the exact circumstances of Ben's purchase.
>>
>>19404785
We're talking about two separate things. One is Ape's collection of manuscripts including the private docs, which he can sell whenever. The other is a Commentary on the DBoE, which he can also publish.
>>
>>19404785
>>19404844
Oops, he can sell but not publish the private docs, but he can publish his own commentary with certain restrictions.
>>
>>19404812
True, I'm not saying it's not.
I'm just wondering why you aren't drinking that rum and smoking that square.
>>
>>19404863
It honestly depends on what Ben's purchase entailed.
>>
>>19404876
Hmm, I wouldn't think that would be in the terms of sale, and if it were, seems like you'd get those rights unless you got gypped.

It looks like I'm missing page 248 of the DBoE and need to flip a couple images. I have your old notes and the one page of pentalphic signs but missed out on the mailing list. Is there anything else I should throw in at the end besides? Hard to beat a 27 dollar hardback of dubious self-published quality.
>>
how's the larping going?
>>
File: 1443606401150-nestoria.gif (201KB, 1123x794px) Image search: [Google]
1443606401150-nestoria.gif
201KB, 1123x794px
>>19405008
I don't larp.
A game of VP Fading Suns would be fun but:
>Adulting
>>
>>19405008

bretty guud!
>>
File: IMG_9517.jpg (138KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9517.jpg
138KB, 640x640px
>>19405008
good man, how's spiraling mediocrity l?
>>
File: 1489968904269.jpg (287KB, 629x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1489968904269.jpg
287KB, 629x1600px
>>19405008
>>
>>19404961
Also, 6x9 Black Brick or 8.5x11 phonebook?
>>
>>19404872
I will but i had the idea of setting it out for a week and then performing those rites
>>
>>19404776
BASed Mark Rathburn
>>
File: FILE1141.gif (229KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
FILE1141.gif
229KB, 500x281px
Why is Libgen down so often? Does anyone know any good alternatives?
>>
>>19405008
It's a lot of fun. If you ever get that stick unlodged from your ass you should join us.
>>
Are there any decent books in the beginner's folder that jump straight into practice?
Don't want to just get lost in theory.
>>
>>19406780
Liber Null skips straight to practice and has theory second in Psychonaut. Be mindful, however, that their meditation program is one to be followed for a long time before other rites. Furthermore, forget not the augoeides.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (304KB, 1600x1210px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
304KB, 1600x1210px
Does anyone have a good scan of this Faust grimoire?

http://www.caduceusbooks.com/faust.htm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Praxis-Magica-Faustiana-Society-Esoteric-Endeavour-SEE-LE-1-180-Occult-Grimoire-/151343514199
>>
>>19398436
Is there any of Jodorowsky's work in the library? I heard some interesting things about him a few months ago but still haven't found his books, particularly 'Psychomagic'.

Does anyone have any input?
>>
>>19406780

Modern Magick by Donald Michael Kraig is great for absolute beginners.
>>
>>19406780
One Year Manual
>>
>>19404587
Gemma Gary
>>
>>19398436
RP and jokes aside, and I know it's hard but, did any of you really see the effects of the so called witchcraft you read from one of these books? I'm not talking about some spell that made you feel better because that can be yourself making shit up, but I mean actual physical effects or otherwise illogical things(by current knowledge of science)?

And if yes, which book?
>>
>>19407351
Not a book by any means but I healed from a wart by rubbing it with a stone and a dwarf oak leaf with a wart and then enveloping the small stone in the leaf and throwing it to someplace I would never go to again.
>>
>>19407357
Was it instant, or within a relatively short time? How did you know about this? And do you know anything else on the subject?
>>
>>19407359
Relative short time a few days passed and the wart was done, it's a spanish folklore remedy. I wish I knew more.

I have never tried books, but I'm not hesitant to try because I've had lots of supernatural experiences.
>>
>>19407362
I have experienced none, hence my disbelief.
>>
>>19407378
Try goetias and draconian magics if you wanna see sum experience, most people seem to have success with demon summoning, though being spiritually inclined I'm kind of against.
>>
>>19407384
I might, thing is, summoning seems too risky. It's a 66% loss rate, I either summon a haunting spirit, waste money on ingredients incase nothing happens or I do in fact summon a wise spirit.
>>
>>19407397
What if you summon the spirit and he sweet talks you into receiving anal sex?
>>
>>19407411
Then I'll stop and next time make sure a /x/ RPer won't find my house
>>
>>19407419
You're assuming that spirits are asexual, I wasn't joking arround, be prepared for what you never considered.
All in all it is safer even for your butt to try other magics.
>>
>>19407422
>You're assuming
>Zero assumption made in previous post
>>
>>19406837
>that their meditation program
Liber MMM?
>>
>>19407088
I've read both his book on tarot and Psychomagic. The tarot book (and deck) is a very interesting take on card reading that is very different, sometimes psychological, sometimes very traditional, and not something I always agree with which I like. He's Jewish and a Freudian psychoanalist [sic] and it shows.

Psychomagic contains an interesting take on theories of hereditary scripts found in hypnosis literature.

http://libgen.io/search.php?req=Alejandro%20Jodorowsky&column=author
>>
>>19407016
pls respond
>>
>>19406780
Nema's Ma'at Magick is good and starts off with instructions for basic Thelemic daily practice - Will, Resh and the keeping of the magickal record, and then after that includes some more practices that are specific to her system. It also gives good, simple description of a western initiatory path. It's not in the beginner's folder, pic related for filepath

Ape, as an aside, you should consider nerfing the Red Book from the beginner's folder, that file isn't a PDF of the book, it's basically an extended advertisement, although it looks like the real thing for the first couple of pages
>>
>>19398436
>>19404776
The Magick Elephant In The Room
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzrtTplk8oE&t=148s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpmoZNjcc2M&t=63s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlXzzFQ3Eek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOC7K3L86TM

okay sorry if this is off topic or if the answer to this is common knowledge and i should know this already(thus rendering me stupid), but this has been bugging me for a while.
With regards to the fact of evoking the name of jesus being able to BTFO all kinds of spiritual encounters, what is your explanation for this guys? weither you like it or not the that fact that using Jesus' name is so effective in making entities fuck off only gives more credence to Christianity being the One True Faith, and i'm surprised occultists never comment on it. Here is the thing though; i reject Christianity (for a myriad of reasons) and am an aspiring magick user, but this phenomena is to noteworthy for me to ignore.

so, Ape of Thoth or anyone else with knowledge on this subject, in all seriousness, when you are shown the power of christ in being able to slap around spirits so easily, how exactly do you explain it within your worldview or magickal framework? I have my own theories but i'm just curious as to how others see and explain this because again, it almost seems like occultists would rather pretend like this phenomena doesn't exist. it's to the point were i can't fucking watch a video on youtube about aliens without some christian in the comment section proudly proclaiming how all aliens are demons and fallen angels.
>>
>>19398436
Blessings and prayers requested, friends.
>>
>>19408315
>With regards to the fact of evoking the name of jesus being able to BTFO all kinds of spiritual encounters
And you wonder why we make liberal use of the keyword "YHShVH"?

>that fact
Based on what? CBN shilling?
Go get on your Angel Phone and try rebuking in the name of the Breaker and marvel at how many angels start a sewing circle to gripe about the Nazarene because they're still so fucking salty about the Incarnation they literally cannot shut up about it when pressed.

Also, why is it that every "ex satanist" has zero fucking clue how orgs and rites work?

>it almost seems like occultists would rather pretend like this phenomena doesn't exist.
You need better proof that this is a universal phenomenon than a guy who thinks Lam is a space alien and an ex satanist who couldn't tell the difference between a chalice and a hole in the ground.
>>
>>19408339
look, ape, i agree with you, i think that Christians are full of shit, but the thing is i'm fairly certain that sarcasm isn't enough to debunk this, the stephen guy was fairly initiated and the whole "jesus BTFOing spirits" phenomena is to big for me to accept this rebuttal, Jaque Vale and many other people have reported on this kind of thing, honestly, no disrespect but i can't help but see your annoyance and sarcasm as frustration because you don't have solid answer as to why this happens. Again, i have my own theories that i'm actually pretty satisfied with, but if the best you can give me is basically is sarcasm than i suppose i was right about occults just ignoring it.

>You need better proof that this is a universal phenomenon
dude, the relationship between Christianity and magick is huge, the necronomicon suggests using the lords prayer in your working with it, the magus and many other grimores reference the bible and i'm aware that some even tell you to consecrate rituals with the holy spirit, also there is the fact that exorcisms are traditionally done with Jesus in mind, father Malachi Martin can attest to that. You sound like an athiest who says magick isn't really with the same kind of logic, obviously christians will conflate lam with aliens but the point was on who jesus' name is so useful in making spirits fuck off, i think christianity is horseshit but i'm honest enough to admit that there is something more to it.

not trying to have a confrontation or anything, just asking is all
>>
>>19408377
>sarcasm isn't enough to debunk this
But clearly CBN saying so with zero statistical evidence from a group trying to find the rate of success for using the Nazarene's name to banish/negate.

>the stephen guy was fairly initiated
Proofs?

>you don't have solid answer as to why this happens.
There's literally zero evidence this is universal. Excuse me for not believing what CBN tells me is TRUTH like a good cuck.

>occults just ignoring it.
Which is why I'm asking for further proof than Christfags saying so?

>the necronomicon suggests
Lovecraft's plot device? Simonomicon? Tysonomicon? Yeah, I think we're done here.
>>
>>19408377
From the tales told, it sounds like Jesus of Nazareth was one hell of a magickian that specialized in manefestations and BTFO of demons.
As with any other avatra, maybe their power persists permanently in the world once they've unleashed it, so even physical death can't stop what they've set into motion.
>>
File: hevajra.jpg (791KB, 1514x2000px) Image search: [Google]
hevajra.jpg
791KB, 1514x2000px
Om Deva Picu Vajra HUM HUM HUM Phat Svaha
>>
>>19408382
>zero statistical evidence
can't i say that true for any magickal thing you agree is real?

>Proofs?
here's the thing, can't i say the same for you?

>CBN
i gave multiple examples yet you zoom in on cbn? very suspicious friendo, kinda smacks of dancing around the subject

>Which is why I'm asking for further proof than Christfags saying so
>Lovecraft's plot device? Simonomicon? Tysonomicon? Yeah, I think we're done here
the christian god is used in the the Magus, The grand Grimoire and a bunch of other old grimoires, plus the fact that the christian god is used for exorcisms absolutely can not but ignored, doing so is extremely dishonest. The necronomicon was originally the al-azif and technically existed before lovecraft was even born, just because he put it in his works doesn't mean it's invalid, if i make fictional story using Crowley's works that sure as heck doesn't invalidate Crowley.

this is what i mean, rather than give an honest theory like this anon >>19408405 you choose to instead to behave like an athiest and say "meh it's bullshit" which is a very cheap way to build your worldview. i can use the same logic to disprove everything you believe about magick but i suppose that doesn't matter.

>>19408405
would you be willing to tell me what "tales of old" you are referencing exactly? also is some substance to the jesus being a magickan claims it seems
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/26972493/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/earliest-reference-describes-christ-magician/
http://www.rome101.com/Christian/Magician/
>>
>>19407813
Thank you, anon! I'll check Libgen more often.

His combination of 'newer' psychological descriptions and (closer to) traditional shamanism/magic seemed like it might click for me.
>>
>>19408426
You're fucking retarded.

Ape already said that it's a powerful name, but that your sources are tinfoil garbage and if you want to prove the universality you claim, you're going to need better ones.
>>
>>19408382
>>the stephen guy was fairly initiated
Dollins seems a bit confused about which Satanic organization he joined. At first he calls it the Church of Satan, but later in his talk he identifies it as the Brotherhood, the same nationwide cult to which Mike Warnke supposedly belonged in the mid-'60s. The "denomination" he describes is certainly not the Church of Satan. He mentions that his former co-religionists believe Satan will triumph at Armageddon, and Church of Satan members believe in neither Armageddon nor a literal Satan.

Dollins doesn't give the size of his Satanic network (perhaps he learned a lesson from the Warnke affair), but he does hint at a massive Satanic conspiracy of the sort John Todd described. He claims the police and sheriff's departments of a certain town in Texas were in the pockets of local Satanists, and tells us that one Brotherhood member of his acquaintance took part in animal sacrifice and child abduction (he doesn't tell us if he reported this guy to the proper authorities or not, but given later events and Mike Warnke's example, we can safely assume he did not).

Dollins actually quotes The Onion as a credible news resource.
>>
>>19408426
Uhh, well, the entire new testament for one...
Dude casually manifests shit with a flick of his wrist all the time, BTFO of demons likewise.
>Hey bros, let's sail across the lake over there to get some of dat good wine, we're almost out
>gets drunk, passes out
>massive storm pops up out of nowhere
>MASTER, MASTER, wake up, the storm will swamp our boat, we all gonna die
>*comes to groggily* huh what? *flicks wrist* fuck off you fuckin' storm, don't get between me and mine wine
>"what kind of man is this that even storms bow to his command?"
>>
File: IMG_9711.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9711.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>19408443
today I learned Jesus is rick from rick and morty
>>
>>19408426
>can't i say that true for any magickal thing you agree is real?
Not in the face of any current work in neurotheology, no not really.

>here's the thing, can't i say the same for you?
I mean, do you want me to scan my Oaths and Tasks for you, or will being able to give knowledge lectures on my initiations suffice?

>i gave multiple examples yet you zoom in on cbn? very suspicious friendo, kinda smacks of dancing around the subject
>>19408441

>The necronomicon was originally the al-azif and technically existed before lovecraft was even born
People have written whole books exploring this and no, the first ever mention of the Necronomicon is as a literary device. Harms and the other cat wrote "Necronomincon Files" which is an academic analysis of the history of the supposed text and they can find zero, absolutely zero, historical evidence for it.
>>
>>19408443
>Uhh, well, the entire new testament for one...
>Dude casually manifests shit with a flick of his wrist all the time,

>literal reading of the bible
>>
File: _88449438_vatican_st_peters_g.jpg (73KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
_88449438_vatican_st_peters_g.jpg
73KB, 624x351px
Is it true that the Vatican has the largest and rarest occult book collection in the world?
>>
>>19408471
I would wager India holds more texts.
>>
>>19408501

As a country, but probably not as a single collection.
>>
>>19408440
>You're fucking retarded
meh

>if you want to prove the universality you claim
woah there bucko, when i said "btfo any spirit" i ment that it seems like whenever his name is envoked it seems to do the trick, i never siad it was the ultimate mega super magick nuke, i'm just saying if Christianity is crap why is it so powerful? i'm aware that you don't even need jesus' name to banish demons, yet using jesus seems almost comically effective, and whenever i try to implore about it i get anger and sarcasm like you demonstrated.

>>19408443
>the entire new testament for one
nah bruh, only the gospels, and the gospels are the same story repeated 4 times, i ment extra biblical texts.

>>19408441
oh okay, thanks for this, i just wanted some honest inquiry is all.

>>19408459
>neurotheology
lol, more like psudeotheolgy (jajajajaj)

>I mean, do you want me to scan my Oaths and Tasks for you
nah, you can if you wanna but i believe you.

>absolutely zero, historical evidence for it.
wait, so what exactly is the al-azif's relationship with the necronomicon then?

>around the subject
>>19408441
okay, in your honest opinon, why do YOU think the name of jesus is so powerful and effective? I never intended to cause any offense, i was just curious.
>>
>>19408501
Wooden books in a humid jungle tend to rot quickly. We have more texts about plays than the plays they are about.
>>
>>19408426
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/26972493/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/earliest-reference-describes-christ-magician/

anyone know what the deal is with this? nowhere credible seems to talk about it, nonstory?

>>19408443
I love the story where he doesn't want to make the wine but his mom insists on showing off

"When the wine was gone, Jesus’ mother said to him,

“They have no more wine.”

4 “Woman,[a] why do you involve me?” Jesus replied. “My hour has not yet come.”

5 His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”"

also that the wine was so good that the master of the banquet thinks they fucked up by not serving it at the beginning when people were still sober enough to be impressed

"They did so, 9 and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside 10 and said, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.”
>>
>>19408456
Puts a whole new spin on the bible, doesn't it?
>>
>>19408509
>lol, more like psudeotheolgy (jajajajaj)
?
Care to refute the university funded and published texts:
>Neurotheology
>Shamanism: A Biopsychophysical Paradigm
>Kabbalah: A Neurocognitive Approach to Mystical Experiences
>Kabbalah and Psychoanalysis
>A Felt Sense: More Explorations of Psychoanalysis and Kabbalah
>Making Sense of Things: Archaeology of Sense Perception.
>Memes, Genes, and Human History: Darwinian Archaeology

>wait, so what exactly is the al-azif's relationship with the necronomicon then?
IT'S NOT REAL. NONE OF IT. GODFUCKINGDAMN.
>>
>>19408515
>Puts a whole new spin on the bible, doesn't it?
and the legend that jesus got someone else to take his place on the cross and escaped somewhere not to be heard from again
>>
>>19408531
And here comes the christfag shilling
>>
>>19408532

jesus was a high level magician m8. hes in india in some lost temple rn
>>
>>19408534
He went to japan for the choice boipucci.
>>
>>19408531
That is an interesting bit of lore, because in the decades following, great masters start popping up all over the world of the time, in the east, in the west, everywhere that people of the day could travel to.
At roughly the same time Clovis, first king of the Franks rises to power, there's some weird foreigner from the west in Japan teaching basically the same message.
It's a funny series of coincidences.
>>
>>19408537

that too.

bump locked /omg/ is real /omg/
>>
>>19408534
And so was Muhammad, Apollonius, Pythagoras, Archimedes..and countless others.

Stickdude isn't special.
>>
>>19408522
>IT'S NOT REAL. NONE OF IT. GODFUCKINGDAMN.
im just here trying to honestly implore about how your dishonest for not accepting christianity because christians say its true and because jesus is evidently referenced in a book in another book by an influential pulp writer, gee wiz (an exclamation that obviously dates back to an abbreviation of the exclamation jesus is a wizard!)
>>
>>19408551
>im just here trying to honestly implore about how your dishonest for not accepting christianity because christians say its true
>because christians say its true
>>
>>19408522
>Care to refute the university funded and published texts
>memes,genes, and the human history
>memes,genes and
>memes,genes
>memes
i arrest my case

>NONE OF IT. GODFUCKINGDAMN
now we are getting into shaky ground, the keys of Solomon was not actually written by Solomon and the 6th and 7th books of moses were defiantly not written by moses, effectively making them fiction and forgeries, and yet the magic from these texts work. The gods and beings from all magickal works definitely were never here on earth literally walking around for all to see ever in the history of the world and yet the magic works, but you give me them all caps and that rude attitude for the necronomicon's history? what say oh wise wizard?
>>
>>19408558
Show me a physical copy of this historical necronomicon along with provenance or shut the fuck up you goddamn schizophrenic.
>>
>>19408561
>inb4 he uses the Tysonomicon title page that implies Dee wrote it despite it never having been found in ANY collection of Dee's manuscripts.
>>
The shit sure piled deep in this thread.

The four Gospels are fiction. Mark is a recasting of Homer in Palestine with a Jewish anti-hero. It was a common thing to do. The rest follow Mark.

The first Christian writer was Paul. There is nothing earlier and Paul did not believe that Jesus was a man of flesh and blood. The Jesus myth had other Jewish predecessors, including my personal favorite, where the archangel Michael descends, is crucified, and is rises again to his former glory.
>>
File: chan 676.png (17KB, 612x567px) Image search: [Google]
chan 676.png
17KB, 612x567px
>>19408561

i cant, the real one is locked in the vatican library.

(not that guy btw)
>>
>>19408570
On the one hand, I want to get pissed because I can't get into their archive, but on the other hand, I can't fault them for keeping such knowledge safe and secret.
>>
>>19408551
this is a very cute strawman, i can tell you have lots of experience with crafting men made of straw.

>dishonest for not accepting christianity because christians say its true
i made it clear i think christianity is dumb, you are fake news

>referenced in a book in another book by an influential pulp writer
and you also pretended like i didn't reference the grimoires as well, because it would undermine your strawmen

>>19408561
>>19408564
you misunderstood my intentions. i accepted your claim that the necronomicon doesn't have any historical basis and is fiction, what i was saying is that your definition of a fictional grimoire can be applied to an armsfull of classic and heralded magick texts. it doesn't matter if it is "authentic" what matters is that the magick works, and the necronomicon's magick works, thus rendering it a vaible grimoire. the 6th and 7th books of moses are just as fictional as the nomicon yet you pick the nomicon to be annoyed with me?

*tips fedora* "I simply necronomiCANT see how you can proceed with such inconsistencies"

ALSO, you didn't answer my question as to why you think jesus' name is so powerful? do you just not know? it's okay if you don't, this world has many mysterious.
>>
>>19408600
There is no necronomicon. That's the difference.

In the Name of CHLORPROMAZINE + ARIPIPRAZOLE + ASENAPINE + BREXIPRAZOLE + CLOZAPINE + ILOPERIDONE + PERPHENAZINE + HALOPERIDOL + RISPERIDONE + I Banish and Condemn Thee. Begone.
>>
>>19408608
The modern text we call the Book of Dead Names is a bit fanciful, this much is true, but the magic it references is much older. So old in fact, that there are few today who even know of it.
>>
>>19408608

oh shit nigga, that was uncalled for.
>>
>>19408613
>>19408616
In the Name of CHLORPROMAZINE + ARIPIPRAZOLE + ASENAPINE + BREXIPRAZOLE + CLOZAPINE + ILOPERIDONE + PERPHENAZINE + HALOPERIDOL + RISPERIDONE + I Banish and Condemn Thee. SPIRIT BEGONE. In Nomine + Freud + et + Jung + et + Anima Mundi + I abjure thee from this place!
>>
>>19408623
>Freud
>Jung

2/10
>>
>>19408608
>>19408623
In the name of The Lord Jesus Christ i bind you and your devil magick, I cast thee away from me in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

(there, i win, get rekt, you can't 1up Jesus boi)
>>
File: chan 491.jpg (2KB, 126x85px) Image search: [Google]
chan 491.jpg
2KB, 126x85px
>>19408623

*Does secret necronomicon spell and teleports behind you*

nice try, kid. pshhh
>>
>>19408623
IA NAMTARU, IA LAMMIA, IA ASAKU
>>
>>19408629
>>19408629

new
>>
/omg/ - harry potter RP
>>
File: IMG_9712.jpg (42KB, 606x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9712.jpg
42KB, 606x600px
ITT
>>
>>19407518
Indeed.
>>
>>19408324
Prayer sent!
>>
File: danse.gif (458KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
danse.gif
458KB, 500x278px
>>19407317
Thanks Anon

>>19408633
That doesn't seem accurate. Though I have been curious about what would be the actual curriculum at a real school of magic. I would expect several of these books.
Thread posts: 353
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.