[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Beast of Gévaudan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Beast%20of%20Gevaudan2.jpg (230KB, 1100x774px) Image search: [Google]
Beast%20of%20Gevaudan2.jpg
230KB, 1100x774px
What was it, /x/?
>>
an Andrewsarchus
>>
>>19397657
spook
>>
>>19397657
That's... an amazingly compelling candidate.
So how does one of those wind up in Europe in 1764?
>>
>>19397684
this video convinced me we shouldn't believe 100% in what they tell us about natural history

https://youtube.com/watch?v=R6GiNQvugn0

if people met "dragons" they probably met all sorts of things too
>>
>>19397718
Several historical dragons may very well have been crocodiles.
>>
>>19397718
>true salvation / true gospel
aaand pass
>>
>>19397649
Presumably just a fairly large wolf.
Probably it'd been kept in captivity for a while, causing it to lose it's fear of humans.

But the Andrewsarchus is an appealing theory.
>>
>>19397756
just listen to all the stuff about "dragon" records, you can shut it off at the end if you want too
>>
>>19397760
It's an appealing theory but not one that makes a lot of sense. How would a prehistoric mammal from Mongolia make it to Europe in the 18th century
>>
>>19397775
I concur.
Still, i'td make for a rip-roaring movie.
>>
>>19397649
There's a theory that it was a hyena that escaped from a circus crew. Some theorize it was a dog trained to kill by a serial killer. Another theory is that it was regular wolf-killings that happened on Sundays that got exagerated due to hysteria.

I personally think there was an animal there, because shit undeniably went down; however the argument that it is a werewolf, as cool as it is, remains as an overly fantastical resolution to what could very well be explained naturally.
>>
>>19397835
Or a hyena trained to kill by a serial killer, supposedly, the man who actually killed the beast, but the killings started up again a decade afterwords
>>
>>19397835
>>19397906
That's a new one to me.

Also, how big are hyenas compared to wolves?
>>
File: drawn-chastel1.jpg (26KB, 511x312px) Image search: [Google]
drawn-chastel1.jpg
26KB, 511x312px
>>19398031
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Striped_hyena
I heard about this on a documentary, im sure theres plenty of articles
If i remember correctly the man who slew it gave its skin to the king of france
>>
>>19398072
But then they said it started killing again and the king sent another guy to kill it.

>>19398031
Hyenas are about the size of a dog. 2-3 feet. This makes the theory of the creature being a large dog of an unknown breed more sound. That or, gee, I don't know...a regular wolf? Saying it's a hyena would only raise further questions. I mean, like I said, it's possible a circus may have lost a hyena, but it's too abnormal of an occurrence.

I think the Beast of Gevaudan was a series of Wolf Attacks that was merely over-exaggerated due to a wolf killing on Sundays coincidentally more times than once. And, hey, say there were an actual killer as well, he might do some killing and go along with the whole, "Oh no, i-it was the beast! The beast, I say! That is why it only kills on Sundays!"

It's most likely that this wasn't a supernatural occurrence -- there're plenty of real-world explanations that could explain what had happened.
>>
>>19398350
The second one disappeared, and didnt kill nearly as much as the first one, who knows what that was about
>>
>>19397649
Judging by your picture it was male
>>
I personally think it was a huge-ass dog, like maybe a Tibetan Mastiff, that had rabies. The reason it dropped off the map was because it died of rabies. The thing that was shot was probably just a wolf that was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
>>
File: I WILL SMITE THEE.jpg (55KB, 900x450px) Image search: [Google]
I WILL SMITE THEE.jpg
55KB, 900x450px
>>19398445
>Tibetan Mastiff
Oh, please! Do this look like a killer to you?
>>
>>19398478
It would perhaps not be amiss to point out that he had always tried to be a good dog. He had tried to do all the things his MAN and his WOMAN, and most of all his BOY, had asked or expected of him. He would have died for them, if that had been required. He had never wanted to kill anybody. He had been struck by something, possibly destiny, or fate, or only a degenerative nerve disease called rabies. Free will was not a factor.
>>
File: spooky doggo.jpg (38KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
spooky doggo.jpg
38KB, 480x360px
>>19398642
The beast attacked for, like, three years. Rabies kills you a lot faster than that, my man.
>>
>>19397718
Dragons still exist.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.