[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know /x/, I feel left behind and angry. It seems to me that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: umbral.jpg (12KB, 236x221px) Image search: [Google]
umbral.jpg
12KB, 236x221px
You know /x/, I feel left behind and angry. It seems to me that women are more attuned to magick and the occult in general compared to men. Everything I watch, everything I've seen, it all points to that being true.
Take something as prominent as a Witch for example. A Witch is truly attuned to the occult and fits with such a role perfectly.
I can't think of a male counterpart to that. A magician? Come on now...that's pure fantasy.

I feel it within, a craving to truly devout myself to the occult, but this anger that women are naturally more skilled in that field is holding me back. I don't like wasting my time on anything unless I know that I can climb to the top, and being held back by such a bull shit thing infuriates me.

I'd like to hear your take on it though. Maybe you can shed some light on this and convince me that men have some more significant connection to the occult than women.
I simply must know about it.
>>
All the greatest occultists have been men. All women have is fucking wicca
>>
File: tumblr_n144faAulS1t04x43o1_500.gif (936KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n144faAulS1t04x43o1_500.gif
936KB, 500x381px
>>19396404
This
>>
>>19396397
The male equivalent of a witch is a warlock. There's nothing preventing women from doing ritual magic or men from doing kitchen witchery. Gender really only comes into play with some kinds of invocation.

It's like you're saying you're envious of how women have a greater connection to gravity because of their slightly lower center of mass.
>>
>>19396397
As a woman, I'm jealous of many great occultists and occult authors being largely male. If you only see women in the magick community, you're obviously just looking at Hellenists or Wiccans.

That being said, women do have their own unique history of magic and it seems that most diviners, healers etc. were women throughout history. Similarly, most "hermits" and magickal authors were men.

Nowadays, as >>19396716
said, there are female chaotes and goetians, and male Wiccans and diviners. Gender roles are becoming a bit less rigid, so we can all learn more about different paradigms.

Does either sex have a natural "magick" tendency, more than the other? I would say no. But allowing gender or sex to get in the way of spiritual ventures is definitely a thing.
>>
Odin was the greatest magic user ever although he did use femenim aspects alot

Theres two sides to everything and men i suppose can be skilled in some areas of magic and women more so in others. I would say that it is important to be attuned to both sides of youself in oder to maximise your potential.

I would also say that women >seem more in tune with the spirit because our current society rejects magical themes from its understanding of masculinity. It has not always been seen this way and many male esoteric figures have been erased because of this

Generally speaking in the current day and age women are on mass less spiritually aware than men. Their entire knowledge comes from sources that arent even a few centuries old. That and hollywood movies

When have you ever had a truely informed discussion on the magic with a women that didnt devolve into "i like horror movies too"

The programming is just sadly too ingrained into our women, but they get hit harder by it from birth because we are naturally more reailiant

>inb4 sexist

Fuck off
>>
>>19396821
Your ideas are right your reasons for them are completely off wack

If your are le female please avoid wicca like the plague and read the emerald tablets of toth or something
>>
>>19396716
Sorry bro they are not equivalents or equal in any regard witches and warlocks in your understanding are just hollywood and fantasy

Both witches and warlocks are stronger and weaker in different areas (this is a sloppy way to describe it but i have just woke up

Dont buy into the equality meme trust me both genders are stronger together without it. One must be more ying and the other more yang in order to function as a 1

You get me?
>>
>>19396960
>>19396952
>>19396955

These posters are all me
Im up for a talk as it seems we all have very different ideas on magic

Pls no flame war
>>
If you think that your physicality places any such limits on your metaphysical ability, then you have bigger issues to overcome than your gender.

The entire point is to transcend physicality.
>>
>>19396397
You 'climb to the top' by embracing the hermaphrodite inside and then you can stop worrying about petty things like which gender is superior to the other. Men and women are both CRAP at magic. Only freaks of nature have potential.
>>
>>19396397
Try cutting your cock off
>>
>>19396404
> All women have is fucking wicca

Wicca was invented by a man, so women can't even really claim Wicca.
>>
I find that women were more often left alone to work on it and less discouraged from seeing the magical. Males we're often raised to be too practical for magic. Now everyone is being taught that way, but so ineffectively that how anyone turns out is a crapshoot, so plenty of girls are growing up practical and more males are allowed to stay mystical.

The most important part is believing you can do it.
>>
If women are the more "magical" gender then why are men the priests in every major religion?

Yeah, historically a lot of religions had women in the priest classes, but those religions are dead now so I guess it didn't work out too well for them? Modern-day paganism is just a feminist role-play, a power fantasy for the powerless.
>>
>>19396397
anon i believe that you can be the best, do not let an inferiority complex stop you from being the best occultist ever. why? because now you have limited yourself to being less that what you can be and that is bad.
>be the amazing Merlin of our time
>women are a lot of things but can be led astray so fast.
>being overemotional in everything is a setback it causes ones moral compass to go astray
>being capable of more magic and power does not mean best.
>men have a more stable mindset and are more capable of leading people down the right path.
>it may be true what you said about women and men, but i would prefer to have a man teach.
>they are better at teaching discipline in the art forms that they truly take a liking to.
>>
It's not the gender or the spell that defines power, its the strength from the user. Only the individual has the power inside them, there is levels to this shit and in order to reach those levels you have to break all the locks that hold you down. If one of your locks is someone is better than you, break the lock knowing you can be better than your current self and thus become better than that other person. Most locks we put up out of fear that we cant be what we want or we know what we can become, I'm here to tell you your guilt and fear are what hold most of you back. You are powerful more than you can possibly know right now and have the tools to conquer your own self, your greatest enemy. Did you know most men were at one point a women in the womb, that means everyone has the capacity to learn regardless of what sex you remained after birth. A persons gender does not define the magic within you, you define it for yourself.
>>
>>19397888
I check your digits.

>why are men the priests
Traditionally, men have occupations, women have families. Keeping house and raising kids takes a lot of time and effort. Where they were involved in religion, they tended to be celibates (vestal virgins, nuns) or temple prostitutes who would likely be using some form of birth control.

Some branches of neopaganism are rather more male-heavy. Asatru, Tengrism. Still roleplay, different intended purpose.
>>
>>19396397
why not look at Gods that were defined by their mastery of magic such as Odin, Enki, Apollo, or Loki at your own risk if you don't mind being fucked with.
>>
>>19396960
This anon gets it both sexes have equal but distinct abilities in certain aspects of magic(k)
>>
File: IMG_0907.jpg (93KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0907.jpg
93KB, 480x640px
>>19396397
"Courage, youth, beauty, kindness has many trials.... but they always win the battle....while witches, giants, and unfriendly cruel people are on the losing hand...."
>>
>>19396821
>Hellenists

What are "Hellenists"?
>>
>>19396821
...by which account of history?

I'd disagree.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.