[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mandela effect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 51

File: fd.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fd.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
I understand it's considered somewhat of a meme but I still think this is an interesting phenomenon that often freaks me out. What are some things you think could maybe/possibly be actual cases of the Mandela effect?

>hilary/hillary clinton flip flop - could have sworn at one point it only had one L, then it went to 2
>froot loops went to fruit loops and then back to froot loops again
>could have sworn the fruit of the loom logo had a cornucopia, but apparently it never did
>dolly's lack of braces in moonraker - this one still freaks me out hardcore
>>
I usually chock most of these up to "shit people didn't look at hard enough to remember properly" but the braces shit doesn't even make sense as it is now
>>
>>19395865
Hilary did have one L. Froot loops is right because it used the cereal as the o's. Loom did have a cornucopia. And of fucking course that bitch had braces. That was the joke. The only reason a hit piece of ass could like him was because of her goddamn braces, ffs. Why focus on her face like that?!? Volkswagen VW used to be separated as well. That berenstein shit is fucking real, too.

All I can think of is it's CERN.
>>
>>19395865
Froot loops went back?!? That's fucking hilarious because I remember them bitching about it being fruit. Wtf is going on?
>>
>>19395865
So originally for me it was jif peanut butter reality and somewhere along the line i shifted into the jiffy reality and i was telling this girl about the mandela effect and i said "you remember jif peanut butter. It never existed" because i thought i was still in the jiffy realm but little did i know i had actually shifted back into the jif reality. Pretty funny the way i reacted when i googled it and saw that it was once again jif.
>>
>>19395910
"choosy moms choose jif"
>>
Since I do not personally recall anything weird about the examples in OP I've jewgled a few other recent lists of ME examples.

Now wtf

2. The show isn't called Sex in the City.

I clearly remember not 6-9 months ago the ME threads talking about it's actually

>Sex IN the city

and that was weird as hell for me as I've always called it
>Sex AND the city

But apparently it flipped back now?

What the actual fuck
>>
the only case of the mandela effect i can remember and will always stick with me is when the first despicable me trailers were being promoted and it was called diabolical me. i clearly remember the narrator saying diabolical me
>>
File: fgfdgdf.jpg (63KB, 1062x620px) Image search: [Google]
fgfdgdf.jpg
63KB, 1062x620px
>>19396010
Also from the same (weirdly well done) Buzzfeed article I've just now discovered Pikachu not having a black tail tip NOW, even though I'm absolutely sure he did since I used to draw him alot as a child, and took particular enjoyment out of coloring his tail black last.
>>
File: wtf.jpg (68KB, 1189x261px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
68KB, 1189x261px
Now this must be a mistake, there's no way this is real?
>>
File: fjklf.jpg (57KB, 1184x249px) Image search: [Google]
fjklf.jpg
57KB, 1184x249px
This literally just happened to me not a week ago.
Now I'm a pretty big geography buff, in addition to having played tons of strategy games such as HoI so I'm pretty sure I have a general idea of where *continents* are located.

Anyway I was talking with a guy from chile on discord about going to bed because it was late and he goes yea it's 1AM here.
I go "how is it 1AM there if it's 1AM here (E.Coast)"

Then I look at a timezone map and BAM Chile is now directly under the East Coast of the US longitude wise.
>>
>>19396075
Ok follow-up what they actually mean is "of the world" being absent *only* at the end.
Which I still find weird but it makes it being just misremembering possible, as the lyric is mentioned plenty elsewhere throughout the song.
>>
>>19396075
Revenge of the nerds ending, Live preformaces, some times it was song with OF the world

lyrics are regarding the studio version which didn't have that.
>>
>>19396086
this is so trippy wtf
>>
>>19396086
So, it looks weird to me, now...
but I'm sure if you told me to look at the map first BEFORE I read the rest of the post, it would have looked normal to me.

also, the entire world map looks weird desu
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (130KB, 1275x751px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
130KB, 1275x751px
>>19395865
The Mandela Effect is what sent me down the rabbit hole and is basically what made me migrate to here.

>Reading conspiracies for fun
>Come across JFK and the driver theory
>Pretty familiar with most JFK theories due to my interest in the subject
>Seen the zapruder film numerous times as a result
>Watching the films again and looking through still photos that “prove” the driver pulled the gun
>Starting to become convinced, but I’m tired at this point so I go to bed
>Wake up the next day to pick up where I left off
>In comes the Mandela Effect
>I check out the zapruder film again from my history and initially thought I clicked the wrong video because the shot looked off from the start
>Make certain I'm watching the same video
>Sure am - according to my internet history, it's the same video
>Decide I was just tired last night and that’s why the video looks off
>Car pulls into frame and I get punched in the gut with dread and confusion
>Become very confused and distressed because I don’t recognize the video that I’ve become so familiar with
>Quadruple check I’m watching the same video I was as yesterday
>I KNOW there’s no way I would have not seen 6 people in the vehicle after watching it numerous times.
>Driver theory makes very little sense now because there’s 2 additional people between him and Kennedy

The feeling in my stomach, the unfamiliarity with the 2 extra passengers in the car, I seriously thought I was going insane until I saw other people were experiencing the same change. The ME definitely opened my mind up to the possibilities out there, and I’ve noticed that it’s become impossible to seriously talk about this subject anywhere. Along with Antarctica, Mandela Effect threads slide the most on here.
>>
>>19395891

Nah dood. You're thinking of Fruity Loops, the sound editing software.
>>
John goodman died in a different timeline. Had an entire conversation about it with my dad. I don't mean he died in Roseanne, I mean the actor fucking died
>>
>>19395865
The fucking Froot Loops changing twice is driving me nuts
>>
>>19396387
No. People made a big deal out of it. I thought it was strange because I knew the branding but I brushed it off thinking maybe I was wrong because it was a minor thing. But now it's back. First time I've seen one of these things go back to normal.
>>
>>19396440
I remember him dying too because of his weight. Heart attack or something. Still can't be sure though.
>>
>>19396469
Yup it was awhile ago, made headlines and had an entire conversation with my dad. I remember to this day about how much it sucked. Suddenly he was in speed racer or death sentence and no one cared. News story said heart attack. I just googled it and saw some shit on Reddit about it. This single event is what makes me believe in the mandella effect
>>
>>19396485
I don't know. Maybe I was confused with his Dan character dying or something.
>>
>>19396504
That's a possibility, I don't know why the news would've been talking about a character from the nineties dying like it was something new but I suppose it's a possibility. I just don't remember anything in the news about Roseanne or dan, just goodman. But when I look at it rationally it would seem it's easier to believe it had to do with Roseanne
>>
I seriously thought that Senator John McCain had died at some point soon after the 2008 election.

It wasn't until Trump made comments about him this election that I found out he was still alive. That really messed with my head.
>>
File: IMG_2528.jpg (649KB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2528.jpg
649KB, 1936x1936px
>>19395865
Here's what changed for me. It started almost 2 months ago and there is a new revelation every week:
>the Earth doesn't have "natural" clouds. None of them. I only implore you to visit a large city 2 hours before and one hour after sunset. Find a high vantage point and watch the clouds and the hole in the sky.
>there are beings that live in the trees, not only woods and forests, but anywhere there are trees. Some are small (from 10 inches to 3 feet) and black with lights for eyes, some are transparent or cloaked like the beast from "Predator". You can see them because of the distortion around their bodies from the cloaking makes them easier to find. These come in all sizes up to 30 feet, I've noticed, and are EVERYWHERE- ALL THE TIME.There are some in your room right this second - on your monitor, your keyboard, by your feet, and a large one in the corner away from the lamp light.
> GIANT insects in the woods. Mantises up to 6 feet I've noticed so far. They blend with everything and hard to see. Spiders ranging from 6 feet to long legged ones which are 30 feet in diameter.

These things were NOT the way my world was, and I've come to the difficult conclusion that either the Mandela Effect, or even switching universes, is a real thing, or I'm losing my sanity step by step. I fear them both.
>>
>>19395865
Newfag here. This stuff is really creepy. I don't know if I like this anymore.
>>
File: flcu1avf.png (251KB, 979x941px) Image search: [Google]
flcu1avf.png
251KB, 979x941px
>>19395865
>>could have sworn the fruit of the loom logo had a cornucopia, but apparently it never did
>>
File: bracesyo.png (96KB, 740x234px) Image search: [Google]
bracesyo.png
96KB, 740x234px
>>19395865
There is record. They did exist. Things are falling apart.
>>
File: 1466908985281.jpg (15KB, 534x345px) Image search: [Google]
1466908985281.jpg
15KB, 534x345px
>>19396677
now that we've established its real, what do we do with this info
>>
>poor memory is supernatural
yeah, no
>>
>>19396440
>>19396469

that was john candy, i used to get them confused as a kid
>>
>>19396687
Maybe it's nothing sinister and we're all getting freaked out for nothing? Maybe the universe just doesn't care about details like we do?

Still freaks me the fuck out though.>>19396687
>>
File: download (6).jpg (4KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
4KB, 160x160px
>>19396687
What can we do? Simply enjoy the ride as we are pulled into a parallel universe. Time and space are scary.
>>
>>19396086
I played Risk once I'm pretty much an expert
There are multiple different ways of projecting the Earth onto a 2D map and none of them are that accurate
The fact that it's called "South America" makes it sound like the continent is directly south of North America with no east/west deviation
Human memory is inherently flawed
>>
>>19396485
Clones.

Gene Wilder died in the late 90s and agin last year

Kanye West is dead. Michael Jacksons clone is dead. Prince and his clone are dean. The clone was the one touring and fucking up and shit with breaking bones and he had to go. Dave Chappell is cloned.
>>
Japan moved for me
>>
>>19396718
Ah clones of famous people. Once they outlive their usefulness, they're simply killed off and replaced by more current up to date versions. That's how hollywood never dies.
>>
>>19396673
I still have a pair of boxers with that logo.
>>
>>19395886
Huh, the Volkswagen logo is separated now. I remember everyone complaining that it used to be joined lol what's going on? The one I remember more resembles the 1937 design, but it was on modern vehicles.
>>
>>19395865
eursia was europe + white arabs, turks, russia, caucaus region, central north asia and some of the stans. it didnt include china, pakistan, india, japan or south asia. now, eurasia includes south east asia, china, pakistan etc

australia moved
>>
>>19396799
>Check'd

Australia is where it all happens first.
>>
>>19396025
I did the same thing, spooked me bad.
>>
>>19395865
>>dolly's lack of braces in moonraker - this one still freaks me out hardcore- 42 posts and 9 image replies shown.
this one is seriously strange because it makes the scene with Jaws have no significance or meaning when she smiles at him.
>>
>>19395865
Beleive me or not anon, I swear I was watching a video, and then all of a sudden there was footage about hillary clinton, and she was president. then i go to wiki, its trump.
>>
File: 1499851568824.gif (295KB, 700x704px) Image search: [Google]
1499851568824.gif
295KB, 700x704px
>>19396612
>or I'm losing my sanity step by step
I'm pretty sure it's the latter.
You're seeing 6ft long mantises in the woods
>>
>>19396747
proof!
>>
>>19396612
You sound like you've been hallucinating.
>>
>>19395865
>could have sworn the fruit of the loom logo had a cornucopia, but apparently it never did

I'm almost certain it did. I used to wear a fruit of the loom sweater for school years ago and I always remember it because I never knew what it was.

Also the lack of braces gets me 100% of the time.
>>
>>19395865
Time lord causing the Mandela effect here (yes, im enough of a degenerate to go to 4chan)

Sorry about breaking your reality. I've been particularly angst about long-lost love and literal satanic possession stealing my girlfriend and needed to know that time warp effects were real, so fruit loops, the bus from back to the future, and braces kid were all experiments to test out my psychic strength.

Beware in the coming oblivion, retain your moral grounds, and whatever you do: NEVER make a deal with a dragon.
>>
File: 2017-05-28 22.11.48.jpg (73KB, 320x335px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-28 22.11.48.jpg
73KB, 320x335px
This Mandela effect sounds crazy but I believe it. Since I have one experience thst seems effected by it. And it's Michael Jackson's death . Which I remember was in July 2008, not June 2009. I remember because I was a kid, and I was playing sonic the hedgehog on a red Sega genesis (was poor) and I was trying hard to try and do the cheat code to go super sonic (I saw my mom's last boyfriend do it one time) and suddenly my mom turned the game off and turned the news on and it said Micheal Jackson died, I remember the tv saying 2008. Also was positive rick ja9mes died in 2003 not 2004 and James Brown also 2003 not 2006.
>>
>>19397284
He died in 2009. I made my lastfm account on September 2008 and I remember seeing Michael Jackson as a top artist on everyones profiles, even those people who only listened to black metal.
If it was mid 2008 I wouldn't have noticed this trend so hard.
Maybe we're from different timelines.
>>
>>19395865
>not fruit of the loom cornucopia
What fuckery is afoot!?
>>
So I agree some of these are kinda freaky, but how do we all suffer the same collective memory discrepancies? If it is some alternate timeline shift did we all make the shift or just enough of us to notice minor details.
>>
>>19396075
Radio stations used to cut off the last 20 seconds of the song as air time edits and it ended with the last time Freddy does sing "of the world"

People are remembering the radio edits and then watching the video and thinking it is alternate reality, because of course that's the most logical answer.
>>
>>19395865

Holy shit what?! I remember that as well...
>>
>>19397303
Yeah I graduated highschool in 08 and saw his death announcement in college in 09.
>>
>>19397284
I know for a fact james brown died later than 2003. He was in undercover brother which I saw in 2002. It was well more than a year before he died and he died when I was in college which was in 04, and I was in my apartment, not the dorms when I heard the news which I got at the end of '05.
>>
>>19396659
Welcome to /x/, a joke until it's not
>>
>>19397284
There's your problem, we only have black genesis in this reality
>>
>>19396692
Wait 'til it happens to you
>>
>>19396010
it was always sex in the city
>>
>>19395910
Jiffy did exist at one point. Something about it being made differently or had less sodium or something. Either way, it didn't sell enough, clearanced out, never seen again.
>>
>>19396086
The maps misrepresent what the world looks like because turning a glove into a flat rectangular picture is difficult. They're always changing the map too one that better represents what the countries look like on the right position. Regardless, they're still wrong. They make America look way bigger than it actually is.
>>
File: 1500613331421.gif (125KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1500613331421.gif
125KB, 126x126px
>listen to GTA San Andreas WCTR's I say, You Say since realease of the game
>play the game gain after a few years
>the dialogue of the radio program changed in speed, delivery, and had additional lines
>>
In the Apollo 13 movie from 1995, Tom Hanks originally said "Houston, we have a problem". Some time after, it changed to "Houston, we've had a problem". This confused people, and said in YouTube comments that they always thought it was "we have".
The problem is that recently it changed back to that. There was a YT video with 5 year old comments with a quote different than the movie.

The question is, why was that video deleted?
>>
File: la.jpg (1MB, 2816x1880px) Image search: [Google]
la.jpg
1MB, 2816x1880px
What get's me is the LA skyline, the mountains are way too close.
>>
nigger
>>
>>19397484
Woah man
WOAH
>>
>>19396673
Companies update their logos sometimes, dude. Chill out.
>I swear Windows' logo used to have MORE DETAIL
>>
>>19398018
Yeah and they erase every possible trace of the old logo existing
>>
>>19395865
Fruit of the Loom never had a cornucopia logo? Seriously WTF I could've sworn they did when I was younger.
>>
>>19398026
Are you retarded? You can put it into google and it comes up immediately.
>>
>>19398044
Only edits exist you neanderthal
>>
>>19395865
>Be me apparently didnt notice a huge 10x 15 billboard where i worked.
Trust me we miss a ton of shit when we arent looking for it.
>>
>>19398050
Someone in the thread literally said he has underwear with that logo. Take your meds.
>>
>>19396718
What happens if we all constay die and are replaced by clones with our memories uploaded to them. The only issue is they can have file corruption.
I have almost gotten myself killed multiple times at work.
>>
>>19397132
>But im already dating a qt dragon.
>>
File: 1496897510570.jpg (333KB, 1407x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496897510570.jpg
333KB, 1407x1080px
>>19398060
Nice proof
>>
>>19398183
That's the same post one of you used as "proof" in favor of the Mandela Effect, can't have it both ways kid, sorry :)
What it comes down to is either a short lived logo update, or something that never happened.
>>
>>19396010
ffs....I recall same! Weren't all those guys discussing that they recall it to be "Sex AND the city", because it suddelnly was "Sex IN the city" ??? Now its Sex and the city - again?! Wtf,
>>
>>19398199
See, the Sex and the City changing AFTER we talked about it actually gets me (unlike the logo change bullshit going on) because I remember disproving it by saying "People could have said 'Sex n' the City' to make it sound like 'in' when it was really 'and."
>>
>>19398199
>>19398224
Its still sex AND the city what are you talking about
>>
>>19398240
spoopy
>>
>>19395865
Froot Loops has always been Froot Loops, nigger
>>
Why is not one considering that these changes are a result of time travel or alien interferance? That seems much more interesting than thinking that the universe is so dumb that it doesn't know how to stay in it's own lane.
>>
>>19398224
>>19398240
Wait. I'm 100% sure it's "Sexing the City". People just drop the g in coversation. Totally freaking out rn.
>>19398260
More prufe. It's "frute lupes" where I'm from. A play on the whole Wally Wulf mascot thing.
Is this shit for real?
>>
Robert Kirkmans Slenderman movie
>>
>>19395865
>What are some things you think could maybe/possibly be actual cases of the Mandela effect?

People with shitty memories.
>>
anyone else getting more deja vu than normal lately?
>>
File: 1494735040368.jpg (267KB, 2048x1366px) Image search: [Google]
1494735040368.jpg
267KB, 2048x1366px
>>19398323
Your knowledge of English is disturbingly bad
>>
>>19398333
Muh nigga

It 'slowed down' recently
But this year was overkill for me
>>
>>19395865
>>19395865
There is nothing that says the Universe has to make sense or add up. Dolly had braces. And in Seven, they didn't show the head in the box.

And James Mason didn't die in 1984 and Chernobyl didn't blow up in 1986. Except all that happened like they say, obviously. You'll not get anywhere banging your fists against the post and swearing blind everything's fucked up. You're supposed to ask the question.. what's not real? Us or the Universe? You see what you can't change is reality. Nobody's special. There's a pattern that tricks us into thinking there are rules. There aren't. Not without God and this is God's way of showing us His divine authority.
>>
In all these thread there was not even one single thing that would make me think this shit is real. It was always sex and the city, pikachu never had a black tail, you are just retarded.

>it can't be my bad memory it must be CERN or aliens

Really ?
>>
>>19398355
did i just come out of a timeloop or what? it is like i was told before what would take place.
>>
>>19398424
Maybe not this year, but about 2~3 years ago had the 'strongest' one, when i just knew what would happen about 1+ second before

Something like
>be on street
>going on thinking (somewhat contemplative state) looking on the ground
>came to gate of yard near some building
>massive flashback-like something
>enter gate, raise eyes up... And its happening[!]

This gave me horrible mindfuck
>>
>>19398521
My reaction was internal REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Mainly because there wasn't fucking way for my brain making the sequence of causality of what I seen
>>
>>19398018
the fug, who said i wasnt chill?

i didnt say i thought it was the effect, and im quite sure they just changed it because i know back in the day it had the capricorn or whatever. the cornutopia.
>>
File: YAlZthn.jpg (70KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
YAlZthn.jpg
70KB, 400x400px
>>19396025
This is what his tail looked like
>>
>>19397839
Thats just perspective though, heres another angle:
>>
File: YUH.png (212KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
YUH.png
212KB, 400x400px
>>19396086
what the fuck is this tom foolery
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (688KB, 2921x1699px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
688KB, 2921x1699px
>>19395886
It used to be Fruit Loops for me bro. I noticed the O's one day and thought,"hmm, I guess they rebranded to appear more kid friendly or something."
>>
>>19396025
Same, I used to draw him as a kid a lot and would always fill in the tip of the tail. That's how it was.

>>19398603
It was just a straight line for me.
>>
>>19398603

AAAAAAAAAhhhhh!!!
just cant into
My brain just can't digest it

Yea, this is how pikachu should look like, all yellow tail just induces that weird feeling 'Something is not right'
>>
>>19397355
lol people think it's alternate reality because they've already accepted Mandela Effect as a thing from so many other examples. A couple will be explainable, but nothing can explain the girl with the braces.
>>
>>19396025
You pika faggots need to stop ruining these threads. People LOVE pokemon and aren't going to forget how Pikachu's tail was. You're basically pulling the curtains back by talking about something everyone very VERY clearly remembers.

Pikachu never had black tips on his tail. Ever. Period. In any way shape or form. The only changes to Pikachu has been that his body is less egg shaped/rounded now and sometimes his brown stripes on his lower back aren't shown. Stop posting Pokemon stuff, people remember it too vividly.
>>
Everyone in this thread should try this:

Try to draw the face of a penny from memory. Doesn't have to be perfect, just all the right stuff in the right spots. No cheating.

Why can't you do it?
>>
File: 1501701156312.jpg (15KB, 338x275px) Image search: [Google]
1501701156312.jpg
15KB, 338x275px
>>19398686
>People LOVE pokemon and aren't going to forget how Pikachu's tail wa-
https://www.reddit.com/r/MandelaEffect/comments/4zrrto/does_pok%C3%A9mon_fans_remember_a_black_tip_at_the_end/d6zc2hl/

OOPS, LIL SHILL MADE A MISTAKE
>>
>>19398686
https://youtu.be/rUI2vRUW4jw?t=1m22s
THIS
1:22 to 1:23

Where iz yer god nao?
>>
Does anyone else remember Rush Limbaugh dying from some overdose of diet pills or something in the late 90's?
I thought I even remember seeing death/autopsy pictures on rotten.com back then, too.
>>
>>19396025
maybe ur confusing it to pichu's tail. that one has black on the tip
>>
>>19398759
I fell out of interest with Pokemon before pichu became a thing. But I remember drawing pikachu a bunch and I remember always filling in the tail. I also remember when I first saw pikachu without the black tail end on a pokemon card, and thought it looked weird, and that the company made a mistake or something, didn't get the details right, but wouldn't you know, Pikachu after that didn't have the black tip. I thought they must have changed it or something and carried on with my life until now I realize that he apparently never had a black-tipped tail... More interestingly however, is that many people remember the black tip.
>>
Hyenas giving Scar a Nazi salute. That is one my wife and I share. We never met until we were 18.
>>
>>19398775
yea i kinda remember him having a black tip but thought i confused it with pichu thats y i never gave it much thought
>>
>>19398701
Hmmm check dis vid
>>
>>19398699
You CAN do it if you remember that pennies have visual detail on both sides...

... just like the sheet of paper one can draw it on.

Also, one must choose one penny design to illustrate out of many existing designs.

Did you intend to ask a trick question?
>>
>>19398699

I would say that's slightly different. We all know we can't exactly remember a penny. But if we see a penny, we wouldn't go "I could have sworn it looked different". When we see a penny our memory is being jogged. The mandela effect is when things we could have sworn we remember turn out to be different or wrong
>>
>>19398701
Nice catch. That's how I remember Pikachu.
>>
>>19398788
lmao Pokemon is probably having the same feeling and bringing it back
>>
>>19398806
The Mandela Effect is that many people remember it wrong in the exact same way. So it's curious. They're not just simple little mistakes that anyone can make though, they are very elaborate. For example, this cereal box logo in pic related >>19398626 It's odd that so many people distinctly remember it incorrectly in this exact specific way. Something's not right with it. And also things like the Jaw's seen in Moonraker, where the girl now doesn't have braces. I remember laughing my ass off as a kid because of that scene. I remember my family laughing too. It's a full memory I have. But she never had braces on. The scene makes no sense now.
>>
I wouldnt be surprised if Flintstones changed to Flinstones
>>
Remember monkey on the roof? It's now monkey on the car
>>
>>19395865
C-3PO has a silver leg. He is not all fully golden.

THIS ONE FREAKS ME OUT HOLY FUCKING SHIT
>>
>>19398701
Lmao that's just shading, check the rest of his body
>>
The Sun used to be more yellow. The chemtrails are to keep the ground warm. Ice Age soon!
>>
>>19398879

I had an ESB era C3PO, and I don't remember it having a silver leg.

t. autist that notices stuff like this
>>
>>19399080
It isn't 'mandela' related
Something is not right with Sun, but its inverse situation, check Mars ice caps (northern almost gone)
>>
>>19396718
picasso is dead.
>>
>>19396612
I doubt those things have anything to do with the Mandela effect. You're just batshit insane, anon.
>>
>>19396612
Man, change a dealer
>>
>>19396799
Eh, eurasia has always meant the entire fucking continental landmass that makes up europe and asia, you shriveled dessicated dick
>>
>>19398839
Well, Flintstones makes sense since flint is a type of stone, while Flinstones is just retarded because flin is.. Nothing. Why would it ever be Flinstones?
>>
>>19396673
Oh, you peasant.
>>
>>19396930
90s born queer shut the fuck up
>>
>>19398556
Retarded youngfag
>>
>>19398879
Kill yourself you disgusting little retard
>>
There is a lot that will be explained

As for the "shills" don't worry about them, they only have 24 hours to live.

They will be out of your hair now, you are welcome.
>>
>>19396712
This, but it is easier to believe that reality itself must be wrong, not my perception.
>>
>>19399398
LOL what
>>
>>19399398
>>19399410
I hate you faggots so much
>>
>>19399416
Go back
>>
>>19399424
where
>>
>>19397567
I would be interested in sauce on this.
>>
Remember when /x/ wasnt populated by balding overweight 90s born faggots? I hope you all get cancer.
>>
>>19395865
It's just collective mismemory, often enforced by popular culture.

Magic Mirror on the wall/Life was like a box of chocolates gets referenced incorrectly in medium spanning decades, everyone remembers the incorrect one because it still sounds right.

The other 80% are just spelling errors that again, have probably been incorrectly posted in magazines and the like, along with your own uncertainty. Froot Loops, peoples names.

It's not paranormal, nor is it related to alternate realities.

Last time I checked the Mandella Effect subreddit it had some idiot trying to claim the "timelines" were converging because he had multiple pictures of "The Thinker" statue with his right or left hand under his chin, ignoring that the statue is reproduced constantly and is varied on reproduction.
>>
>>19399437
Never post again you pathetic piece of shit
>>
>>19396677
>the complete opposite of Jaws
>Jaws has metal braces
>she's the opposite so does not

It's a fucking typo you morons
>>
The state of this board and 4chan in general disgusts me these days.
>>
>>19399450
/x/ is filled with retards and role players
>>
>>19398603
There is black jagged on his tail, down at the base. If you're drawing as a kid in pencil on paper, that's what you remember filling in.

The tip on the end is due to you confusing it with the detailing on his ears and making them match.
>>
>>19399532

There was one on both ends, the one near his ass was brown. While the other one was black in fact it that black spot was used to tell whether or not the pokemon was female or male
>>
dolly is by far the best evidence. the entire scene now makes absolutely zero sense. why does this beautiful young girl fall in love with this monster? because he smiled at her???

scenes from movies make sense, and the scene would make absolutely perfect sense if he she had braces. its clearly the focus of the entire freaking scene
>>
>>19399622
No, it was always at the base. And yes, while brown, it's why everyone remembers having to fill in his tail when drawing him, because they were doing it with pencil and just used black.

>While the other one was black in fact it that black spot was used to tell whether or not the pokemon was female or male

Pokemon didn't have gender defining sprites till Diamond and Pearl.
>>
File: 1481903513217.png (1006KB, 1200x1854px) Image search: [Google]
1481903513217.png
1006KB, 1200x1854px
>>19399657
>Diamond and Pearl
You called?
>>
as for the why, bashar claims it's because there exists an infinite number of parallel universes. what we call living through time is actually moving through parallel universes that aren't casually connected like we think. our past infact is constantly changing just as our future is, because both are determined by what we're connecting with at the present time.
>>
File: 1501524421900.gif (4MB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1501524421900.gif
4MB, 1400x1400px
I don't believe in the Mandela Effect, I am a skeptic.
It is quite clear to me that 90% of the so called "changes" are either due to misremembering, special editions, changes, mixups, etc.

However in cases like Dolly's braces or Pikachu it's different.

Because you now have INDIRECT evidence of the change, such as the scene losing meaning or people (including me) doing something that wouldn't make any sense if the present version was always the correct one, such as coloring the tip of Pikachu's tail as children.

I'm interested in more of those.
Think hard; is there anything similar you remember?

PS: Looking for physical evidence of unchanged specimens is useless. It's obvious that ME if real doesn't rely on physically altering billions of specimens throughout the world.

PPS:As I said I'm a skeptic, but some people here and in every ME related threads seem to pop up dead set on DEBUNKING using whatever means necessary. Avoid those people. Do not engage them.
>>
>>19397528
google it now dude
>>
>>19399796
How about this? >>19397838
People back then said they're misquoting it, but now it's apparent they're not.
Watch this if you want it clarified: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeeKC8qUpRo
>>
File: BRAYCUS.jpg (43KB, 597x336px) Image search: [Google]
BRAYCUS.jpg
43KB, 597x336px
To add to this confusion, most people remember chartreuse as being this vivid purple-red color including myself. Turns out, it's green-yellow.
>>
File: 1501098163917.gif (404KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501098163917.gif
404KB, 1920x1080px
>>19399862
Ok that's just what they call "residue" of a "flipflop".
While in theory the same kind of evidence, it's been corrupted by the awareness of the ME itself.

You could easily use the Flinstones/Flintstones flipflop that apparently just happened as bigger proof. (it's now back at the original correct Flintstones but there's literal threads about "Flinstones" being wrong still up all over the web).

To clarify:
>an experience you had, a thing you did/used to do, or know others did that NO LONGER makes sense because of the change; i.e. a glitch where the primary element has been successfully corrected, but all the casual secondary ones are still intact.
>>
>>19396747
Please! Post! Pic!
>>
File: 1501099754825.gif (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501099754825.gif
1MB, 1920x1080px
Also to clarify two apparently legitimate but actually retarded arguments brought up by onlookers and "debunkers" all the time:

>why then **I** remember it differently?
Simple answer, because you're not affected.
Long answer:
>you could be deluding yoself due to herd mentality/conformism; just like for every "correct" narration of events/issues there's the good little boys always siding with the "best" version ie official out of convenience etc.

>You simply are not affected because either part of native timeline/dimension OR, in the case it's alterations to our single existing one, being successfully wiped.

It's not really rocket science, and it's perfectly compatible AND to be expected in the case of a Mandela Effect.
tl;dr: if everybody reacted/recollected the same we wouldn't even talk about it at this very moment. Nobody could notice.

>Number 2: Why is it always small things???

Again it makes sense from both perspectives:
>because we're switching to 99.9999% similar parallel dimensions, as they're "closer" in quantum states, and easy to travel between
OR
>they/it affects minor things because much more easier to change, versus let's say, changing a country's location or a major historical event->that would be impossible without a CASCADE EFFECT on all sorts of other events via causality

>if this is an experiment, esp. a gnoseological/psychological one, the effects HAVE TO BE small enough it doesn't cause an uproar but significant enough to have people notice.

ProTip: As usual with every single paranormal/conspiracy phenomenon the large majority of the people waste their time and confound the water with shitty, useless tiny things, such as mispellings of names/brands etc. Or obscure memories of obscure media that nobody cares, nor remembers about.
That's not only a waste of time but it also makes the entire topic look like a joke.
If you go through "Mandela Effect lists" 90% are like this, a complete joke of a research.
Focus on the important things.
>>
>>19396747
Pics please.
I did a quick look through my clothes and couldnt find anything old enough
>>
>>19399998
soclosetothemquints.vlc
>>
>>19399888

Sure you're not thinking of burgundy?
>>
>>19400008
metoogoddamn.png
>>
>>19400009
Nope. I distinctly remember Chartreuse as the vivid purple-red color. Burgundy is close but lacks the vividity and is a bit too purple.
>>
File: 1419676498167.gif (2MB, 360x359px) Image search: [Google]
1419676498167.gif
2MB, 360x359px
>>19400008
i meant to do that.
>>
>>19396659

>discover Mandela effect browsing /x/ a number of years ago
>fucking mind blown
>still can't take "stain"...
>talk to everyone about it
>no one really gives a shit...
>feel kinda "meh" about it now but love hearing some of the new ones!
>>
>>19400070
stain?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
>>19395865
>>
File: 36424.png (421KB, 637x472px) Image search: [Google]
36424.png
421KB, 637x472px
>>19399796

In Ocarina of Time I remember being able to find another passage in Goron City that led to this guy's backside. Of course it's not possible today. But I swear I remember it. On /v/ some others say they remember this as well.
>>
>>19400088

Berenstein Bears vs Berenstain Bears
>>
>>19400121
Ah, thats one of the most popular subjects on the topic.

I remember it being berenstein because on tv theyd pronounce it with the a and that would get me mad everytime the theme song came on. Id always press the info button to see it spelled with the e and hope it changed one day. After months of not caring, it was a and i was happy.
>>
Here's a new one you've probably never heard of before. Apparently Nelson Mandela died in prison. But somehow later on, there was a news report that he died years after being released from prison.
>>
>>19400106
I remember hearing rumors of that when I was younger, but I never saw it myself. I had friends that swore up and down that they found it though.
>>
>>19400106
this is the realist one for me. I just posted a whole thing about it and it didn't work. I need more info on this.
>>
File: mind_blown.gif (916KB, 357x200px) Image search: [Google]
mind_blown.gif
916KB, 357x200px
>>19400170
>>
>>19400234
>I just posted a whole thing about it

Really? I'd be interested to see it. I could have sword it was possible to get to his backside/butt through another passage in the city, like from that boulder room or something. It's so weird, it's something I remember yet can't be done today. When I see it now it just makes me think "there is supposed to be more here"
>>
File: buddig-lunch-meat.jpg (71KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
buddig-lunch-meat.jpg
71KB, 500x276px
I remember commercials when I was a kid for "Budding" lunch meat.

Now they lost the "n" and it's now "Buddig".
>>
>>19400266
No, i feel you. I was saying how much this game overall has felt weird and nostalgic my whole life, even as a child. I have never seen this one, and i feel so messed up about it. I even have, looking back on it, false memories of looking this up years ago and finding nothing, or asking other zelda fans I would speedrun with and getting nothing back as well.
>>
File: rs.png (57KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
rs.png
57KB, 257x196px
>type Hilary Clinton into google
>get normal search result
>type Hillary Clinton into google
>get normal results
>type Hilary Clinton into google
>Did you mean: Hillary Clinton?
picrel
>>
File: kidney-location.jpg (92KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
kidney-location.jpg
92KB, 500x359px
I'm sorry but this must be some kind of joke?

Kidneys were not that far up right under the lungs and next to the spleen.

Apart from your average copious exposure to Anatomy pictures in school, etc, I remember all sorts of secondary facts that don't fit with this "new" "actual" position; such as kidney pain being on the lower, appendix-like region or a takedown stabbing in that area that assured death quickly due to kidney puncturing.
>>
>>19400396
In addition to that, punching someone in their lower back being painful because you "hit the kidneys" and I always thinking how it was stupid as far as anatomical efficiency goes to have important organs that exposed, without any protection (such as the ribcage!!!) to shield them from blows, wounds etc.
>>
File: 00000.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
00000.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
>>19400368
shes a product of your profession..not mine
>>
>>19400269
that's just called dyslexia, it's okay
>>
File: 1501778953398.gif (473KB, 480x548px) Image search: [Google]
1501778953398.gif
473KB, 480x548px
>>19400396
>cern shill detected
come at me bro
>>
>>19400396
Well desu, that kind of is the lower back. Any lower and they'd be like right above your hips, and that'd be the waist area
>>
File: 766x415_Diabetic_nephrpathy.jpg (45KB, 766x415px) Image search: [Google]
766x415_Diabetic_nephrpathy.jpg
45KB, 766x415px
>>19400446
are you fucking serious?
Kidneys *used to be* where the guy has his hands in pic related, not at heart height level, this makes no sense
>>
File: drpeper.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
drpeper.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>19400469
that's cause they whisper words in our ears while were are sleeping and take half our organs with out us knowing...but do we ever really wake up again? do we?? I'm in the wrong timeline I just want to go back. I JUSt want to go back!@
>>
what's more likely
collectively bad memory because people in general don't have great memory
or the entire fabric of space time somehow purposefully altering itself, but in such a way as to leave little clues about it

there's a reason people that went to a culture of developing a written language generally dominated those that did not

but the funny thing is I've had a bunch of nde's in the past many years and this shit has really fucked with my head sometimes so thats nice
>>
So how do I change timelines
>>
>>19400469
That's not heart height level, you fucking asshole
>>
File: 20170805_203301.jpg (988KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170805_203301.jpg
988KB, 2560x1440px
>>19396025
Took this picture today
Plz no dox
>>
>>19400620
>not heart height level
Ooooh sorry mr.debunker, I meant 2 inches below the heart.

Got me! I am DEBUNKED now
>>
>>19400469
Kidneys have always been where they are in that pic, not where the hands are. The very top of them are protected by your ribs but they are mostly exposed. There is no evolutionary pressure for kidneys to be better protected - any threat a person will encounter will be faced by that person - and thats why our ribs are by design there to protect mainly the front of the body. In theory those who did not have adequete protection of the thoratic cavity by their ribs would not be as likely to survive a violent physical encounter as a human who did - thus over the generations we evolved to our present form where the ribs do an excellent job of protecting our thoratic cavity because our ancestors reproduced. The humans who in theory didnt have this protection were more likely to die, and not reproduce, so the trait of not having rib protection died off.

If a human was attacked from the rear, it generally would be a surprise attack - and that human would be dead regardless in most scenarios. Its extremely unlikely a person would survive an attack by an animal or other person from the rear, which is why we never evolved to have more ribcage protection back there. We dont really need it until we do - and when we do we end up dead.

Sorry if that sounds convoluted but thats how evolution functions. We dont evolve on what is best - we evolve based on what traits survive and continue to be passed down and what traits do not survive and go extinct.

Btw unrelated to your post but the Moonraker Dolly character not having braces is freaky as fuck. Literally wtf is the point of her character bonding with Jaws if she never had braces? That entire plot device makes zero sense without her having braces because her and Jaws having metal mouths is why they smiled at eachother and were a thing. If she didnt have braces it would just be some giant muscle freak with metal shark teeth grinning at a tiny girl who likes him for no apparent reason.
>>
>>19400635
I can't deal with this retardation at the moment.

>Kidneys have always been where they are in that pic
FOR YOU. Do you even understand the basics of M.E. ?
>The very top of them are protected by your ribs but they are mostly exposed.
The pic shows them fully enclosed by the ribcage, or the vast majority

>There is no evolutionary pressure(....) do not survive and go extinct.
Nice ex post deterministic fallacious wall of text completely unrelated to what I said sperg.
>>
Hurr durr Mandela Effect can't real because DaVinci already documented kidneys being right below ur heart in the 1400s

Yes, in THIS timeline/dimension fucking bakas
>>
>>19400234
>I just posted a whole thing about it and it didn't work

On /v/? I'd like to see it
>>
>>19400660

It literally doesnt show the kidneys being protected by the ribcage. Only the very top of the kidneys are protected, which happen to be where your adrenal glands are located. Theres probably a reason for this.

I get the basics of M.E, im just saying your understanding of where you think kidneys belong makes zero sense anatomical sense. Its an extremely common misconception to think kidneys are lower, because everyone assumes that kidneys = lower back literally when they are actually lower/mid back. I also thought kidneys were that low myself year ago, and was taught by my friend who does martial arts that they are infact higher when he demonstrated on me firsthand how it fucking hurts to take a hit in the kidneys. Youre not alone in thinking they were lower. Im just saying you are wrong, and always were wrong, and that this isnt an example of M.E. at all - just you being mistaken. Again, the Dolly braces thing is probably the first solid evidence that cannot be logically explained or refuted that I have seen - everything else seems ancedotal. Im not doubting M.E or some variation of it exists; im just saying your "example" is simply you not knowing better and then learning you are wrong.
>>
I remember /x/ havin the lowest average IQ on 4chan.

Apparently that didn't change.
>>
There is a short story by Borges where the narrator learns about a general or something who dies dishonorably in a battle, but then hears another story about the same general winning that battle admirably and dying in another battle years later. I think the narrator's hypothesis at the end was that God himself took pity on the general and changed his history and some people's memories and some historical records changed while others didn't.
>>
>>19400679
Da Vinci isn't a very trustworthy person.
>>
Déjà vu is an element of The Mandela Effect.Thats what I think.
>>
https://youtu.be/2BhLAWP7jGA

Prepare your mind to be blown. What is the purpose of her braces in this commercial?
>>
>>19398775
This is pretty much my exact situation. My memory of pikachu is two lines on the tip, one thin line parallel to the thicker one on the tip. I was definitely just a fad pokemon fan and I also just assumed a redesign when I noticed the tail change later on. I think the sheer variety of changes reported on this particular ME are interesting. Like an easy illustration of the different timelines.

Someone posted a pamphlet on here the other day called "times of perplexity" about the biblical end times and how the devil fucks with time and loops it seven times to buy himself more time before the end. I thought that was an interesting new perspective.
>>
File: IMG_1324.jpg (72KB, 417x599px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1324.jpg
72KB, 417x599px
I had ME with Diablo 2. I clearly remember that D2 battle.net was closed. I was even reading a bluepost by Blizzard. Well guess what? In reality it was never been closed.
>>
pikachu
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/28062543/
http://desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/38606220/
>>
>>19399241
99% of language mandela effects are due to the brain being fucky as it is prone to be.
>frootloops
Your brain knows the correct spelling of fruit and normalizes it as such. After a while you forget it was froot all along and only then are you surprised when you notice it's froot.
>flintstones
with flintstones nobody pronounces flint because people are lazy and the tst sound in flinTSTones is one of the more involved and difficult sounds to pronounce especially for young children so the brain associates the correct spelling with the shortened and easier to say flinstones. Again over time the easier but incorrect pronunciation overrides the correct spelling reference in the brain and at this point you notice the discrepancy. This is exactly how drift happens in languages.
>>
>>19400170
He was the fucking President of South Africa, he didn't die in Prison.
>>
I love these threads, but i really hope its all LARPing because nobody can be this stupid right ?
>>
>>19401085
I think the namesake for this phenomenon is really just the result of some kid reading a troll article and parroting it to people who didnt even know who nelson mandela was well before the internet was a thing.

It should really be called the pikachu effect or the Kennedy Limo effect.
>>
>>19396025
Female pikachus have the black tip, males dont
>>
>>19400660
>FOR YOU. Do you even understand the basics of M.E. ?

Thats so fucking retarded, so basically for you everything is a proof for your stupid theory because we all have our own timeline

So if i say hitler is still leader of germany, 2+2=5 and there is no moon its all correct because in my timeline its correct and you can't prove me wrong ?

Even for 4chan standards thats too autistic
>>
>>19401117
No they don't. The only Pikachu that has the black tip is the Cosplay Pikachu. It has the females tail with a black tip.
>>
>>19400266
I remember when I was younger, I wasn't born when the game was released, I watched a video online talking about legend of Zelda Easter eggs and that was included
>>
>>19399999
>>19400000
>>
>>19400396
WTF I remember wearing kidney pads playing lacrosse as a kid... they didn't protect that area.... are kidney pads not a thing anymore...
>>
>>19400396
Kidneys were always that high up.
t. kidney problems since baby
>>
>>19396977
>>19397111
>>19399194
>>19399215

Hurr dee Durr durrr, we gon' go ta X an Cael ever'buddy crazeh. Then I'll be cool like dose guys on B

You fucking flatheads. You're either fat Dorito bag fuckers, or shills. Probably both. Fuck you, fags.
>>
The thing that fucks with me the most is remembering 6 million jews dying and now it never happened why would they fuck with us like this.
>>
>>19399080
> The sun used to be more yellow
It did. I know it did. You could even look directly st it for a bit before going blind. Not like the new white "sun". It'll fry your fucking retinas out.
>>
The people at CERN admitted it was them a while back, OP.

Anyway, I am big into the effect, but that chick (in Moonraker) never had braces on any Earth I've visited.

Sex in the City. NOT "and" For some reason, that one sticks a lot for me.
>>
mandelafags never have got me yet.
>>
>>19400784
It's just simply remembering, Life and death and the universe are a wheel.
>>
Remember how no one miraculously died in the Pentagon attack on 9/11 due to renovations?

On this Earth, over a hundred died there.

That is 100% "changed", but we have probably a thousand CIA?NSA agents telling stories of flat Earth theories to muddy the waters and to get most of the populace to brush off the changes as their own bad memories. Have some more drugs, citizen.
>>
I don't ever recall there being a Madagascar because that was New Zealand but New Zealand is now near Australia and now there's Madagascar?
>>
>>19395865
The ultimate proof that Berenstain bears has always been Berenstain

Berenstein would be pronounced like Einstein or Frankenstein even if it were spelled with an E, not like STEEN.
>>
>>19401505
Nah, the bear thing is the weakest argument yet. Back in the '80s they were mistakenly called "stein" on scholastic materials because well-meaning educators thought that "stain" was a mistake since "Berenstein" was (and is) a real name.
>>
This retarded shit is just like the fucking bible. Carefully formulated so that the supposed force behind it is provided as an argument in its favor every time someone debunks it. Carry on, softheads.
>>
My personal theory on the Mandela effect is that it's caused by death, and the massive shifts are caused by apocalypses. There's a theory that you can't experience your own death, and I have a slightly limited version of that: you can't experience it until the probability of death in a timeline similar enough to the current one you're in becomes 100%. For small personal Mandela effects, you died in a very similar timeline and your consciousness shifted to a similar timeline. For large Mandela effects, like the namesake, it was probably a nuclear war. That's why they've been increasing over the last several years. The clusterfuck that was 2016 was unstable enough, and now nuclear war is probably being provoked every other week or so with the current situation, and things are getting more unstable because of that. The more times we all die, the less similar the timelines are becoming, to the point that we're starting to notice the universal gaps. We never really picked up on this until recently because only the Internet has enabled us to have such a large pool of experiences that we can all start to notice it. Those that remember it always being this way are natives of the present universe, they didn't die in the last nuclear holocaust that we did die in. That's also another reason nobody is picking up on the changes until recently: until the Cold War, nothing could trigger such a cataclysmic shift in timelines. I can't explain how written records have begun to carry over, although maybe it's not so much we shift when we die as timelines merge together, and with massive merges accidents happen. That could explain why a PBS article, for example, uses the Lindbergh baby as an example of an unsolved mystery when apparently it was solved in this timeline, and it's referenced in fiction as one too. Every time nuclear war is provoked, shit gets weirder.
>>
>>19395865
the fucj fruit of the loom DID have a cornucopia with grapes and shit
>>
>>19396075
Lyrics:

>We are the champions, my friends,
>And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end.
>We are the champions.
>We are the champions.
>No time for losers
>'Cause we are the champions.
>[Not in the original version:] Of the world
>>
>>19401861
Kill yourself
>>
>>19401868
That's literally the lyrics written inside the booklet in the remade CD version.
>>
>>19401868
The END of the lyrics, anyway.
>>
>>19401536

I think we all know the mandela effect is inherently silly, and most likely its just our shitty memory. Still, its fun to think about.
>>
>>19395865

I don't remember South America being so southeast of North America. Could have sworn it was more directly south
>>
>>19401861
TROLOLADE

Check dis
https://youtu.be/hSTivVclQQ0?t=2m48s

2:48
>>
>>19401918
LEL
We are the champions
right at 3:00
Of the wuuuuuuuuuurld

Whates wrong with ya lads?
>>
>>19398260
No it hasn't.
>>
I REMEMBER A FUCKING SERIES OF FRUIT OF THE LOOM COMMERCIALS WITH BASKETBALL PLAYERS, DIFFERENT FRUITS(HUMANS) AND A FUCKING CORNACOPIA GUY{HUMAN]. THIS SHIT IS FUCKED. I KNOW IT.
>>
>>19400469
Medfag here. You are just stupid and misinformed
>>
>>19396010
Holy fuck I actually believe in the ME now...
>>
>>19397567
Your dumb nigger brain combined Jif with Skippy.
>>
>>19396129
>>19396133
My niggas.
>>
>>19396463
nah mate you're just a dumb cunt
>>
>>19398806
Tried to visualise a penny I my mind and I can not remember which way Jefferson faces. Odd.
>>
>>19396451
I'm going MAAAAAD
>>
>>19398298
Get out, europop.
>>
i told a friend about the mandela effect and sex i nthe city then he got really bad headaches
>>
>>19398603
That's the bootleg nigger pikachu your broke mom bought you for Christmas.
>>
>>19398626
Explain why the outlines around the U and I are shaped like the tops of two O's? Good lord, you're dumb.
>>
>>19396757
You're right. I got it wrong. It used to be together. I gave an old pin that has it together, actually.
>>
File: 1501817063389-pol.gif (2MB, 325x235px) Image search: [Google]
1501817063389-pol.gif
2MB, 325x235px
>>19397132
>>
File: 1490702009364.png (71KB, 502x604px) Image search: [Google]
1490702009364.png
71KB, 502x604px
>>19402381
The left is photoshopped, you mong. Someone made it to show how they remember it.
>>
>>19399862
Why the hell is it all changing back? It's inexplicable. A momentary divergence? Is that how Trump got elected? Did KeK magic fuck shit up senpai? Does this mean we're going to have pedos back in power? Are the pedo elite winning back their reality by taking Trump down? Wtf is going on?
>>
>>19402421
No shit it's photoshopped by an idiot (like (You)) because it was never spelled that way.
>>
>>19399929
Flinstones was a thing? Sounds retarded desu.
>>
>>19398224
I remember sex and the city being a HUGE fucking deal when it happened.
>>
>>19402431
Because millenials are retarded.
>>
>>19398388
I don't know about the seven thing but before I look it up they never showed the head in the box. This is something I'd say with 100% certainty. If that has changed then something is going on. As such I'm certain they didn't.
>>
>>19398395
Except now the Mandela shit is changing back. I didn't know that was happening until now. What's the explanation for that?
>>
>>19402451
They showed the head in a box in Prison Break, I know I confused it with that
>>
>>19398609
>>19397839
I've heard that the pollution is sometimes bad there and it obscures being able to see the mountains...not sure if that's true, never been there myself
>>
>>19396799
So you think Eurasia didn't include all of Asia?
Matey you're just stupid.
>>
>>19395865
Fruit of the Loom never had a cornucopia??? I always though it did...
>>
>>19402456
>What's the explanation for that?
People confusing what they used to think was correct and what they later learned it really is.
>>
>>19400598
>what's more likely
>collectively bad memory because people in general don't have great memory
>or the entire fabric of space time somehow purposefully altering itself, but in such a way as to leave little clues about it

Well said...I find ME pretty interesting but I believe a lot of it is due to, as you said, the fact that humans really don't have as great of memories as we'd like to think.

The other side of it, and this is what I've noticed happening a lot with me, is that a lot of these things are just little details that you didn't ever really pay much attention to because they are so minor...especially details about brands and logos. Froot Loops for example, or the Fruit of the Loom thing. Those caught me off guard at first but then I thought how I just never really paid attention to these things.

That being said, it's still fun to read/think about.
>>
>>19401136
Exactly. People that say this are basically just arguing for the very thing that explains the whole ME as nonsense - perception. So many studies have shown that human memory is not reliable, and that in some ways we create our own realities and versions of events, even if they are not entirely accurate.
>>
The greatest mandela effect is rodin's thinker.
Mine used to be different than the current one because I saw it in person in France. There are three distinct versions. Fist on forehead, fist on chin, knuckles under chin with open hand. And you can see the echoes of different versions with people posing in front of it.
>>
>>19400106
Someone should download some cheats and check out his backside.
>>
>>19401435
Yeah man the cia agents changed the fruit of the loom logo and thought we wouldn't notice.
>>
>>19395865
Am I the only one who has next to none of the "original" memories? I never remembered Froot Loops being fruit loops, I do not recall Forrest Gump specifically saying life IS like a box of chocolates, and this pikachu tail nonsense sounds made up to me, I have 0 memory of a black tip.

The few memories I do have can be explained away with logic, like the famous "Luke, I am your father" line is a pretty likely way someone would misquote that scene, because in order for "No. I am your father." To make sense, you have to quote several lines leading up to that one, which is a pain to remember. Other mistakes can be explained away similarly, like the aforementioned Forrest Gump line, out of context "Life is like a box of chocolates" sounds better and makes more sense, but IN context, the whole line, if you remember, was a reference to Forrests deceased mother, and the line goes "my mom always SAID, life WAS like a box of chocolates." Which makes perfect sense in context because he's talking in past tense, about something his mother used to say, but says no longer because she is dead. Coming full circle, these lines being super easy to misquote becomes memetic to a certain degree. A tv show or article misquotes a line, more people misremember it because they saw or read it in the incorrect form, more people misremember it, the more likely tv shows or articles will misquote it again, and so on until the wrong lines is more popular than the original.

Some can be explained even easier, like fruit of the loom, a big pile of fruit is often seen with a cornucopia, so even when one is absent, you may remember one being there if you didn't pay close attention, which, why would you?

Obviously not everything can be explained this way. There's no real reason why people would think it was Berenstein over Berenstain, aside from perhaps it rolls off the tongue better, and I have no earthly clue why anyone would remember pikachu having a tail tipped with black.
>>
>>19396673
Click visit page for the image in question, it's specifically discussing this part of the Mandel effect.

This one got me too, but I find it far more likely that my memory inserted a cornucopia because it fit the common theme than the entire universe magically changing fundamentally while somehow leaving some of our memories intact.
>>
>>19399888
>>19400020
This is true of people born roughly between 1983 and 1988 in my experience. Crayola misprinted a crayon color label in a popular pack in the late 80s to early 90s. They labeled the fuchsia crayon chartreuse.
>>
>>19395865
HOLY SHIT GUYS

OK, so in my timeline, when people realized something new or different in pictures or logos or pop culture icons they didn't really pay attention to before but suddenly decided to look closer at them, or got certain geographical and historical facts wrong, erroneously assumed public figures had died because they were old and hadn't heard of them for a while or misheard their histories, etc., they simply said, "Damn, guess I'm not invincible and I have a shitty memory, I should pay more attention to things."

But now in this timeline, everyone thinks it's because they actually switched universes.

Does anyone here come from my timeline?
>>
File: moooooooooon.jpg (27KB, 403x347px) Image search: [Google]
moooooooooon.jpg
27KB, 403x347px
>>19403865
nope, you're fucking nuts dude. seek psychiatric help now.
>>
>>19395865
I swear I thought Tom Hanks was Canadian.
>>
>>19395865
>retards can't spell
>self-centered retards can't spell, and can't fathom the possibility that they were wrong, so they have to have switched realities somehow
>>
>>19396280
Dude this is me all over

>>19398779
Fuck!!! Me too when marching during the song right?!?!?!
>>
>>19398701
That's just shading (Look closely at Pikachu's right side in that shot). Also, it goes back to no black tip in the very next scene.
>>
File: 2017-06-10-14-23-14.jpg (769KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-10-14-23-14.jpg
769KB, 1280x720px
Monkey movie screen cap produced by TBS 1997 did they get the title wrong? No
>>
File: 2017-06-10-14-23-21.jpg (689KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-10-14-23-21.jpg
689KB, 1280x720px
Here's another. TBS aired these spoofs late night in the late nineties
>>
>>19405973
What is the movie called now? Don't tell me it ISN'T interview with a vampire
>>
>>19406402
It's interview with THE vampire
>>
t. Paranoid retards with shitty memory
>>
>>19395865
My experience with the Mandela Effect is with the death of Mandela itself.
I was 16. I didn't know anything about conspiracies or paranormal. I was a lot into politics and 20th century history. I'd know things about weird nationalist, communist, maoist guerrillas etc. And I was shocked when in December 2013 at the house of my grandma I saw in the news of the death of Mandela. I was pretty sure he died in the 90s. And I was very confused becase being into history and politics as I was I would know if a man like Mandela was still alive or dead.
>>
>>19398699
Because I don't carry pennies like a broke piece of shit
>>
>>19402118
Wait there isn't?
>>
>>19406652

Be a dear and divulge the secrets of your vast personal wealth, won't you?
>>
>>19401322
You sound genuine but I don't see how someone could be so stupid
>>
>>19396612
>>19407272

Btw I'm legitimately interested in hearing more about these claims, I just don't see any evidence at all. (Nor is it really related to the Mandela Effect, but that's another argument)

If you have more to say, I'm be happy to hear it.
>>
>>19395865
Clearly remember this nigga having a golden nose ring
>>
>>19402645
No you mong, people see what they think is different then it goes back to what they thought it was originally.
>>
File: tlc-logo2x.png (25KB, 348x316px) Image search: [Google]
tlc-logo2x.png
25KB, 348x316px
>>19407296
Same thing with this.
>>
you people are fucking retarded
>>
>>19407421

OKAY THATS SOME BULLSHIT.

I -KNOW- I'VE INSULTED MY EX'S SEPTUM PIERCING USING THE EXACT PHRASE "SHE LOOKS LIKE THAT FUCKING WAXY CHEESE COW"
>>
Guys, what if it's the multidimensional universal wave form collapsing in on itself? And the survivors are being herded into the final wave. And the ME thing is our memories of our universes quirks not lining up with the universe we now find ourselves in. Where a percentage know this universe and another percentage remember their old universe?
>>
>>19396440
this is exactly what I thought, I even remember listening to some podcast like Joe Rogan or something and he said "you see a lot of fat people and a lot of old people, but you don't see a lot of fat old people." I think it was the dude from sopranos who I got goodman confused with
>>
>>19399338
>>19399352
>>19399303
wew lad
>>
>>19407467
Or what if God farted? Or what if the flux capacitor is resonating with the crystalline matrix? Or what if someone bumped into the quantum teleporter? Or what if...
>>
I could have sworn George W. Bush was named George Washington Bush in the years before his presidency, but then it changed into George Walker Bush all of a sudden?? Or am I just stupid?
>>
>>19395865
> Be a huge Cr1tikal fan
> Watch a video report something something
> It was pretty funny
> A year or so after want to watch the video again
> Can't find it
> Think it's probably been removed because of copyright or something
> Cr1t uploads a report from hell video
> It similar to the one I watched , but it's not the same.
> Shoot him a mail asking about the previous report from hell
> He says's that this is the first time he uploaded gameplay from it
And that's when I realized that the Mandella effect is real, since my memory is really good and I'm not prone to any delusions or fake memories.
>>
File: 1494429897390.png (27KB, 741x609px) Image search: [Google]
1494429897390.png
27KB, 741x609px
>>19407815
You're stupid
>>
>>19407815

Lol nah, it's always been Walker, always been stupid sadly.
>>
I swear to fucking god when I was a kid Uncle ben (the rice guy) Was an old white man.
>>
>>19407843
Something like this already happened to me as well.
>enjoy this one band very much
>by 2010 they release an album and I listen to it a lot
>didn't listen to it much lately
>2017 meet a girl who likes the band, she mentions this one song
>I don't recognise the name
>go look, it's on the 2010 album, I even have it in my drive, never listened to it
>check lastfm account, 0 scrobbles

That song just didn't exist back then
>>
>>19406631
I was taught in school how he died fighting for freedom and shit and how much of an icon he was for peoples movements.
I did a test with questions on it, but lost everything from school yeara ago so I can't check my answers.
>>
>>19396673
This one gets me more than any of em and I'm semi skeptical about the effect especially the misspelled word or misquotes kinda deal but as a child I only wore fruit of the loom tighty whiteys and I remember looking at the tag every time I was talking a dump I clearly remember it having a cornucopia on it. When I first heard that it has never had a cornucopia on the logo I was dumbfounded like this a joke gotta be but looking online it's not it's never been there.
>>
>>19396747
Pic and timestamp you fucking liar.
>>
>>19397941
Whoa I totally remember that slur being porch monkey.
>>
>>19398342
Um... what?
>>
>>19401552
Dude, it's just two alternate realities colliding with one another.
>>
Anyone that say Mandela Effect is "poor memory" hasn't experienced a flip-flop. There's a difference between remembering "stein" instead of "stain", then there's remembering Froot Loops only to find out its Fruit Loops, and then going back to Froot Loops again. I still can't comprehend how the fuck that happened.
>>
If you experience the Madela effect you are a conscious being, the ones that claim
to have never experienced it are like video game npc's, they're part of the simulation.

Seek out people who have experienced the Mandela effect in real life, only them can experience and explain it.

See you in the real world!
>>
>>19398779
Dude, I just watched that movie a few weeks ago after watching a Jordan Peterson lesson about it. And I swear on my fucking mum, that they in deed did a nazi salute and that it surprised me a bit, because I couldn't remember that scene from my youth. And I certainly thought about it, because I wasn't sure if it was one of those jokes you simply don't get as a child.
>>
>>19408971
Except for when someone in this thread got the "flip flop" order for Sex and the City wrong proving that it is just poor memory...
>>
>>19401045
Well the the odd thing with this effect is that it goes in both ways. I remember the first time seeing "Fruit Loops" and thinking WTF, since to me it always was Froot Loops with the colored rings. It seems to have switched back to normal again. But I swear to you the first time I encountered Fruit Loops was on an US import store, since they discontinued Froot Loops from my country. I thought they used Fruit in the US version, because "Froot" isn't a real word. In my language this wouldn't have been a problem.

And that is the extremely odd thing about it, that sometimes it flips back to the more logical version and you ask yourself why you have these very specific memories on how it was "wrong" for some time.

Same goes with flinstones, the people claiming that it was that way, seem to clearly remember that they thought it's the wrong way to spell it. Btw. flintstones seems to be one that is reported to flip flop a lot.

I'm still extremely skeptical about this being anything more than a very interesting psychological phenomenon. And it is already more or less proven that our memory is absolutely unreliable. But still, it feels so damn real.

here is a ted talk about the topic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB2OegI6wvI
>>
>>19407845
Fuck
>>
>>19409210
This.
If you know anything about psychology, you know that when you "remember" something, you are remembering the last time you remembered it, memories can be created and altered, we cannot remember small details, and our brains are not reliable, hence why we have written records.
>but my memory is superior to the human species I remember every small detail hurr durr durr
>>
Questions for this thread...

>What makes you think that your brain is so reliable?
>Isn't it spookier to think that the human species has such a collective and unreliable mind that we can all misremember things the same way with zero proof of our memory being correct?
>How is finding a copy of "Berenstein" Bears proof of your theory and not proof AGAINST your theory? If our universe changed and wiped out all traces of the old spelling, that book would be erased, too, right?
>What's the big deal if this even is real? If it's such a natural occurrence that it happens with the same frequency as precipitation, why even worry?
>Why do you constantly shoot down psychological explanations?
>>
>>19409195
I thought it's supposed to be Sex In The City, no?
>>
>>19409301
Sex in the City is the false memory, the Mandela effect. Sex AND and the City is the reality, however an anon got this order wrong, and thought that it jumped from In to And and back to In again when it is still And.
>>
>>19409314
oh what a clusterfuck this can't be right, everybody remembers Sex And the City because Sex in the city is just odd.....oh god it just flipped again for me.
>>
>>19409327
Exactly. I remember everyone thinking Sex and the City was wrong, and I explained to a friend that if you hear someone say "Sex 'n the City" because of poor enunciation, it will sound like "Sex in the City," and you will remember it falsly, but you remember he entire Mandela effect differently, and if we both go back at forth like this, neither one of us will be entirely sure until we look up the truth of such a small detail.
>>
>>19401445
Get a load of this guy
>>
>>19395865
Bad memory and self-suggestion isn't a "phenomenon", anon.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.