[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yet another Atlantian theory.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 800px-Isles_of_Scilly_NASA.jpg (160KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Isles_of_Scilly_NASA.jpg
160KB, 800x600px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassiterides
>ten small islands in Northwest Iberia far off the coast and arranged symbolically as a ring, and the latter in connection with the mythical Hesperides.

perhaps nowdays
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isles_of_Scilly
>It is likely that until relatively recent times the islands were much larger and perhaps joined together into one island named Ennor. Rising sea levels flooded the central plain around 400–500 AD, forming the current 55 islands and islets, if an island is defined as "land surrounded by water at high tide and supporting land vegetation"

may also be tied in with the legend of Lyonesse
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyonesse

A Russian scientist named viatcheslav koudriavtsev also has thought of this too recently
http://atlantipedia.ie/samples/tag/cassiterides/

Do any of you have anything to add to this?
>>
this is an old map based on Strabo's geography, showing where Cassiterides may have been
>>
>>19395811
As seen in the astral while trying to visit Antarctica, I found Atlantean stone ruins in Greenland. No idea where. Supposedly it was a colony they had. Another hearsay rumor I heard in the astral is that the Voynich manuscript was written in Atlantean.

Once while astral projecting I found a maritime renaissance island society that seemed similar to Atlantis. I flew around looking at their ancient architecture, they had beautiful stone statues and castles. They had schools for esoteric learning, some people in those days still lived for hundreds of years.

People then were not too much different than they are now. I remember seeing a group that seemed similar to teenagers, talking about this one girl they were ostracizing. I guess people then weren't as full of compassion as maybe I would have wished to believe.

After the deluge, I was again living with people who were remnants of the atlantean civilization in what I believe to be England. They had some modern technology, but also swords and medieval architecture and stuff. They were talking about the native savages. I believe that there were groups of learned humans living in castles, while there were less civilized germanic barbarians. Maybe this is where humanity started mixing with neanderthals.

There was another group that survived by living in a colony in central america, I believe the area was where Guatemala is now. North america was in an ice age, and the climate was more temperate in central america. We had technology and scientific understanding. I lived in something similar to an underground vault. Some of the elder people there were talking of some person who lived with us, whom had been a dolphin in their immediate past life and they had a learning disability adapting to being a human. That to me indicates that we still had spiritual understanding about the soul. I also heard of china, it was another 'advanced' culture at that time.
>>
Isn't there an island near Ireland that only comes into view like once every 6 months or something?
>>
File: Ortelius_1572_Ireland_Map.jpg (127KB, 344x280px) Image search: [Google]
Ortelius_1572_Ireland_Map.jpg
127KB, 344x280px
>>19395887
i don't know about any of that but i came across the bit in OP by looking at the Phoenician trade routes and they also (according to whoever wrote them down) went to Iceland too.
As for the America's bit, there is a sunken harbour, or something in the Bahamas that is pretty interesting.
>>19395888
Yeah, I've heard about that too but i don't know anything about it. A while back i was looking into various Islands and lands that people claimed were real but didn't really exist, one that is sort of in the same regional vicinity is the island of Brasil (the large land mass in pic is supposed to be Ireland). People were convinced it was real until relatively recently, there were even testimonies of people sailing past it.
I wonder if there is a link between the two stories.
>>
aahhh, c'mon.
i thought you guys knew lots about this sort of stuff and we'd have a fun discussion about azores and the canary islands
>>
Descendants of Atlantis =Berbers, Basques, Irish, , Scots and the Yazidi
>>
>>19396944
go on..
what's that about?
>>
>>19396949
The basque maintain an oral tradition that they left a land called atlantica long ago, well before what could be considered civilization populated the lands of spain and france. This land was west of iberia and as they say it sunk beneath the waves. The berbers don't maintain the same tradition but they were the original people of northern africa, and pure berbers don't share any commonality with with moors of the north africans who came later, meaning they also came from somewhere else, and like the basque they tend to remain in homogenous cultural groups.

I disagree with the irish and scots being atlanteans though. Likely they decended from doggerlanders who fled north as sea levels rose.
>>
>>19397179
thanks heaps, that's really cool
>>
>>19395818
The problem with that map is that the islands of Scilly are off the coast of south west England.

It was much larger in the past as the Romans charted it when they landed there.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.