[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dreaming of The City

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: Jesus_supper_zombie.jpg (64KB, 660x328px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus_supper_zombie.jpg
64KB, 660x328px
Hi, I'm looking for more people who dream of "The City".
The city is a worn down post apocalypse looking place, Always night time. Never can see the stars or moon but its dim lit with small fires( Barrels or the likes). There are people there but I've yet to see them other than the" Guide" who was a woman who looked tp be in her early to mid 20s with short blond hair. The ones i could hear but never see was called "The damned" by the guide.

Now I've dreamed of this place many times but only had the "Guide" once. The city gives off a feeling of dread and often trys to sneak into other dreams ( Dream about walking down my city street, Walk down an ally way and it starts to warp into "The city").

The buildings are very tall and give off the feeling of some thing like New York size.
>>
Yes, I was the ruler of the city in the 90s, from the Emerald building. I lost my ring, maybe it was a fight. Another dreamer picked it up, but he was a beggar in the waking world and died of exposure. Never been there again in 20 years.
>>
>>19393783
It's a transient locale called Dhalgren.
>>
>>19393783
That's very interesting. I wish I could experience cool things in my dreams, but all my dreams are very short and end before I can do anything cool.
>>
>>19394443
I don't find it all that cool, It's kinda horrible to be perfectly honest. I'm just curious if any one else has dreamed of this place.
>>
Bump De Bump
>>
File: 9892726614_d3a677ac81_b.jpg (282KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
9892726614_d3a677ac81_b.jpg
282KB, 683x1024px
>>19393783
i haven't dreamed of that city, no
i've dreamt of another post-apocalyptic-feeling place also only called "the City," though. places i'm walking through will sometimes warp into a part of the City, and then i'm stuck there, but this can be a relative relief from the places i leave behind. it isn't always night - sometimes it's twilight, and sometimes the sky is the orange you get on a cloudy, snowy night in winter. i've never seen the moon or stars, but i've never looked for them either. there might be some occasional fires & gas lamps, but also a lot of green-tinged fluorescent lighting, when there's any artificial light. most parts of the City are semi-labyrinthine, and it's easy to get trapped underground or indoors without being able to find your way back out into its streets. i rarely meet any people there, and i suspect most of its current residents are not human
>>
>>19393783
If you dream of this city again make a map print of the part of it, every time you visited ,I have dreams of my town cuz I know how to read blue prints and maps
>>
File: 1491794297139.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491794297139.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I have dreams of your city always at night rundown/nonfunctioning public transport I always start off alone but end up joining a group for some goal we have all set in our minds. sometimes the city is cramped while at other times eerily spacious and there is a more smaller suburban area with a river and this town just causes utter confusion when you enter it
>>
I've had dreams like this! Especially the past few months. I never had a name for it but I guess I could only call it "the city". It's usually confusing and run down. Sometimes theres too many people and sometimes none at all. I'm usually at odds with something, either running from something or facing some other kind if dilemma. This place seems to always find me, even in completely unrelated dreams, or like I keep going back there.

The "city" for me can be stressful but I also a very curious person and I actually enjoy exploring it. Im pretty good at facing threats in my dreams.

I hadnt heard of others experiencing this until now so that's pretty neat
>>
File: 1499434554266.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499434554266.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Ha I've had dreams with a similar place there were zombies and the guy from resident evil with the chainsaw. Dreams are fucking crazy.
>>
Op here
I am very happy I'm not the only person who has dreamed of "The city". Ive yet to find a name of the place in the dreams so i just dubbed it. "The city"

Any one who has also dreamed of some thing close to what im talking about care to describe what it looks like to you?
>>
Op again
I can't tell if its just night in The City and its always super cloudy or there just isn't a sky just blackness.
>>
>>19395004
Had a dream I was a leader in one of the abandoned subway stations. I spent a few days there, got a lost boys kinda crew together trying to get the trains working again but I didnt succeed. Instead we DIYed the shit out of the wagons into tiny homes. Sometimes there were monsters coming out of the tunnels and children died. The City underground became a refugee place for the citys children which had a tribal feel to it.
>>
>>19393783
Fuck man, I used to dream of something like this, long ago. Didn't know it was anything like that.
>>
>>19393783
I was underneath it, in caves, until I got into the subway
>>
Op here

I've met a few people who have been to The City, Most people describe it the same. After meeting four others who also have dreams of the place like i have. I thought id ask around here.

If you all can, Please type out every thing you can remember about the place.
>>
>>19395238
I'm usually in the most abandoned parts, everything is overgrown. There are some suburban areas, also abandoned, although they have some charm (while still somewhat unsettling). The most threatening places are in the actual city, where the buildings are bigger than they should be and seem to change, maybe to confuse you on purpose. The sky is usually in a twilight sort of phase, although it can get darker in certain parts of the city.

As for people if I run into them, they don't seem "real". More like ghosts, like memories? Which is why I think theres a general stress about the place--these "ghosts" are almost always confused, stressed, whatever. They feed off of it I guess. They don't seem to be aware of much tho.

Some parts of the city feel alien almost, and are much older than other parts of the city. Those are places I'm drawn to, I still don't know why. I keep going back because I feel like I'm looking for something. I always seem to know what it is in the dream but can never remember it when I'm awake. :/
>>
>>19395406
You sound like you played a lot of fallout or something.
>>
OP do you mean the City from the Otherworld?
I heard you have to use elevators to go back.
>>
>>19395406
For me its always one giant endless city, Few broken down cars on the roads ever so often. Most the car windows are busted out or the car is missing doors. The buildings them self are always dark inside with Windows busted in random spots. First time i was there i was in a parking garage, Thats where i heard the voices in. Behind a door that opened from the outside. Most things there seem old and rusted, Broke down and forgotten in the city
>>
>>19394480
I had a dream with some of that kind of stuff in it last monday. I also saw my cousin that killed herself she was freaking the fuck out, and begged me to get her out of there. it was a really fucked up place. there was a guy that looked like stalin that was a Penanggal and he tried to kill me, then i cut his head off, then he reformed and my cousin hit him with an axe. then these tick things ran out of a hole in the ground and i woke up covered in sweat.

my aunt posted on facebook about dreaming that my cousin was in hell begging her to save her from it.
>>
>>19395421
I don't know what you are referencing to, Care to talk more about it? If the city is already a known dream place please let me know its name. Calling it "The City" just sounds damn corny when i try to explain it to people.
>>
>>19395410
I mean, you're not wrong
>>
>>19395443
Well... I don't know it's name either so I call it The City too.
I heard that creepypasta about the Elevator Game and got curious because you see... I've dreamt about a dreary city with 20s-style buildings and not a single star in the sky while it was what appeared to be nighttime.
Here's a link to the "Game".
>Funfact: I tried this, didn't work... and I wanted it to work badly.
https://theghostinmymachine.wordpress.com/2014/06/25/the-most-dangerous-games-elevator-to-another-world/
>>
>>19395410
>>19395453
(Same anon) well actually if you were to compare it to a video game I think The Last of Us is more fitting
>>
Op here
Thank you all for talking and sharing about it. The place doesn't feel like a hell to me, I never really feel pain there just dread and kinda hopelessness. Though some times i have a feeling of excitement when i explore the city.
>>
At what age did you start having the dreams?I was around 12 or 24. I'm 29 now, Though i havnt dreamed of there in a few years.
>>
>>19395400
>Historical european city in ruins
>always nighttime, no moon
>'end is near'like grafitti everywhere
>tribal codes in secret places, hidden very much like easter eggs
>chaotic collage of different architectural styles, houses toppling in unlikely angles
>moldy, constant smell of smoke, fog
>cats and skinny dogs chasing sickly rats
>tiny groups of survivors, usually living people and mutated cannibals
>>
>>19395519
Sorry 12-14* was around the age it started,Sorry mistyped. My bad.
>>
>>19395453
>>19395471
Sounds like the simplest explanation to me.
I don't have dreams like that.
>>
>>19395519
The City seems new for me, although I could have just not given my dreams as much thought as a child so idk about that, although I can say that theyre so frequent that sometimes I visit this place every night. (Im 22)
>>
>>19395400
>20s-styled American City(very much like NYC or Chicago in that time)
>Starless night, also moon isn't visible anyway
>Some buildings are heavily dilapidated and have something very sigil-like painted in the walls
>one building is high af, looks like it goes all the way to space and doesn't fit with the others, it's like it was built by different cultures instead of going with the trend of the others.
>only animals I've ever seen were cats
>people completely ignored me, like I didn't even exist, except one young girl with Red eyes. She smiled at me and went into that wierd skyscraper.
I've had this "dream?" five different times in six years (I'm 25 rn)
>>
>>19395577
Now i seen a post years ago about a weird skyscraper but thats some thing i never dreamed about. It all looked pretty weird and run down to me.
>>
>>19395593
I wasn't comfortable in the "dream" desu anon. Forgot to say this but I always felt watched in there, like I wasn't supposed to be in the City
>>
Anyone has this, but instead of crumbling buildings, everything gets eaten by mushrooms?
>>
>>19395609
YES def a feeling of being watched.
>>
I've dreamt of The City since I was 10 years old. Usually once a month with some long stretches between. 5 years ago I read The City of Dreadful Night by James BV Thompson and it was eerily close to my dream. Don't read it if you are suicidal.
>>
>>19395577
I have frequent dreams about a 20's styled American city, but instead of night, it's day. I'm usually relaxing or something on a rooftop and I'm very comfortable. Then the sky turns a sickly red and strange bronze missiles fall from the sky and destroy many of the buildings. The sky turns dark, and I wake up feeling sick.
>>
Don't you die on me *CLEAR!*
BUMP DE BUMP MY LIFE FOR YOU!
>>
So... It's finally said. My Home. the place you visit.
Find the red brick apartment. you'll feel a sense of welcome.

Head downstairs, find the basement door, knock and say the words "The Fallen never die."

I'm sorry I couldn't save you Caroline.

If you are followed
Run.
If the door stays closed, you have no buisness there.
If it opens. Think of the one who you miss.
Don't be shocked when you see them through the Window.
Say what you wish. then leave.
You only get one chance
If they ask you to stay, refuse.
You'll see them when your time comes.
>>
Ask the Red Eyed girl... Tell her that Drake is waiting back home.
Tell her I miss her
>>
I've had recurring dreams of it for years. Always night, alot of it is all burned out and broken, glass everywhere, like some apocalypse happened a decade or so prior and the people are getting by and trying to keep going best as possible. Electricity seems sporadic. I don't get a particularly bad feeling from the place, just a strange feeling. There are some parts that are not as broken down as the rest, but it feels destitute.

It's great other people are seeing it! I sometimes get the impression that it's where we're headed, or that it's the reality and this "real" world is the dream.
>>
File: 00-56.jpg (45KB, 750x522px) Image search: [Google]
00-56.jpg
45KB, 750x522px
>>19395004
Same guy here
>>19395238
Op I would say like a dark nyc mixed with suburban country I would remember an area near the ocean where these towering giants made of shadow would destroy buildings and anything in their path but some kids had made a shielded from their sight tech type base in a tall thin building with a circular room at the peak.
Another time I was in the subway and got the trains running to reach a museum with a group of kids i was leading with a woman who was guiding them.

The town of confusion I spoke about is before the city and there is a small bridge made of wood leading into the town preluding the massive bridge leading into the city also there is a specific interest in DNA from most of the people I met/ also the water is the cause of the confusion in the city.

Another story I have Is finding an underground market with all these weird types of people selling various items weapons etc, and I found a small girl with blue skin and strange ears in a hood,
and she was selling these figurines of people daily items and more related houses and labeling them as mind puzzles tempting me to pick one up, as i looked over all the trinkets i noticed one figurine a double wide suburban house with nighttime shade covering the trinket in deep colors
,as soon as I picked it up I was put in a scenario where I had to outrun one of the monsters people had rumored being in the city it would hunt you down and kill you over and over again until you obtained the right sequence of events to escape the puzzle.
>>
What op described is now 80% of my dreams often there are living dead and on one occasion a budge creature with the tail of a serpent, body of an owl and three snake heads. It was known as a keeper. Some characters refer as a "visitor" and as themselves as the "entrapped" and spookily enough they say that all visitors become entrapped after they die for real. Very few ever escape.
>>
>>19396018
No way I'm doing this.
>>
Bump de bump
>>
no, but the island with the hong kong street and rainy bridge, i go there sometimes. your place is out of date.
>>
It's dead jim
>>
>>19393783

Oneiromancer here.

I had a recent dream in which I was scavenging for food in a supermarket after store hours. There were occupants walking around, seemingly in fugue states, who apparently did not notice my presence. I found that there was a staircase that led up to a parking garage-like structure overlooking a chasm. I walked to the edge of the structure and peered down into the vast depth below. A sprawling cityscape, torchlights burning in the distance with tufts of orange smoke billowing into a sky dark as pitch. In the center of this ruined core was a crater enclosed in what looked like a forcefield of orange lightning. Seven straight narrow rays of directed orange light melted a small medallion into the heart of the crater and from it a flow of lava crawled up over the breach of the lightning shield. It flowed over the whole doomed plane and churned its way up the face of the garage, searing with a maddening heat that licked at the hairs on my arm. As it reached up to the top of the structure, I could perceive it somehow forming into a living biomass like a slug of molten rock. Its amorphous mass seemed to form a rippling crown. Then I woke up.

>Relevant?
>>
>>19395238
Weird, never had a name for it. I always called it a dreamscape. I guess the city would be a good name. Its like old but not horsedrawn carriages old. Its like a modern day setting just terribly aged and grungy. Its an unsettling place. Its always dark, and there are no stars or moon. The reason i called it a dreamscape is because no matter whether im indoors or outside, i know im there because of that unsettling feeling, and sometimes a new place im at can lead to a place ive been before in that place and vice versa. Sometimes theres people and sometimes im alone. Sometimes i work with others i meet to achieve a goal, such as escaping someplace or finding something or even working a menial job. Ive never ran into any "creatures" per say but sometimes it feels like something is there with me and its awful. It can be quite a stressful and chaotic experience. I think in my entire life (im turning 28 this year) i think i have had 2 semi-pleasant experiences there. These dreams are always very vivid, sights, sounds, and even smells, which for me is weird because my sense of smell is basically useless in real life. Theres rarely ever any music but theres this "noise". Not particularly audible but a noise i can feel sort of i cant really describe it and that "noise" i feel is what makes it seem more real than dream. Like a constant reminder that im in that place. Its subtle but it wears on me. Im always extra fatigued after i wake up from those dreams no matter how long i was asleep for. I never doubted i was the only one who had dreams like this but man the similarities.
>>
>>19393783
same here, i got the same story here. i am always transported to a city that is named walton. The place is kinda like a slum with full of so many people and other spiritual beings. What is more fascinating is that they dont speak the language that i always used (english and tagalog) but when i tried to talk to them they pretty much talk to me like the way people does in here. God the place is so awesome heck i also eat a lot of foods in there for an example there is a jelly that looks like an orange and taste like an orange, a chocolate that is colored ruby and so on. Its like the place that i am currently living but with weird creatures and humans living together, there are no police there and there are a tons of magical stuff to be found everywhere. I can pretty much go there every night but my problem is that i am kinda connected there that i dont even think that its a dream anymore, somehow connected to parallel universe memory or the hive mind. Its cool, gotta go there later
>>
File: Screenshot.png (383KB, 960x381px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
383KB, 960x381px
I have
Is it Sheol?
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.