[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the superstition about them exist? Just seen one in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: 141685-425x283-blackcat300[1].jpg (16KB, 425x283px) Image search: [Google]
141685-425x283-blackcat300[1].jpg
16KB, 425x283px
Why does the superstition about them exist?

Just seen one in my garden and I'm freaking out a bit.
>>
because some cats can say really mean things and people put them all in one basket
>>
>>19393633
America thinks black cats are bad luck. Other countries think white cats are bad luck.

The truth is ALL CATS ARE GOOD LUCK NO MATTER WHAT COLOR.
>>
>>19393676
>all cats are good luck

How/why?
>>
im a kitty cat
>>
>>19393676
there is no such thing as luck
>>
>>19393832
Learn from the Egyptians. Kitties are meant to be loved and treated with the highest esteem
>>
>>19393872
yass
>>
>>19393676
>ALL CATS ARE GOOD LUCK
but I'm allergic
>>
cats are a trojan gift from aliens to Egyptians. in fact cats are autonomous 'drones' that we keep around and worship until this days. The cats are used to keep track of all human activities around the world. especially to keep track of all gold (like rings an medals people wearing. the humming frequency of cats and the high pitch 'mew' were genetically crafted so that humans would desire the specie and accept this spying device in house and in bed. it is also not a coincedence that cats dominate the internet. it is the most adored pet in the world and it does the whatever the fuck its master have crafted it for. note how flexible and small this animal is. is like pitch perfect engineered.
>>
>>19393924
where did kittys originate?
>>
>>19393633
>I'm freaking out a bit.
The nibble on things and use disturbed ground as a litterbox, but they don't do much damage. You shouldn't have a bird feeder out in summer, so there's no danger there.

>Why does the superstition about them exist?
Cats got associated with witches (cat ladies have been a thing for centuries) and therefore with Satan. Black is the spookiest color (at least in the West), associated with death. This isn't all that complicated.
>>
File: 1496695953862.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496695953862.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>>19393924
>>
File: smugcat.jpg (7KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
smugcat.jpg
7KB, 220x220px
>>19393633
>Just seen one in my garden and I'm freaking out a bit.
Why? Unless you're growing catnip they likely won't fuck with your plants all that much. In fact, they'll probably hunt anything that may try to dig up your veggies, herbs, flowers, or whatever you have growing out there. In which case they're actually good luck, wouldn't you say?

Black cats are probably just scary because you can't see them very well at night. Cats are already nature's ninjas, being hard to see freaks people out if they're not familiar enough with cats. But cats are pretty chill, when they're not all wound up.
>>
How much of a pussy do you have to be to be scared of a goddamn cat
>>
>>19396123
>Are you a man or a mouse?
>>
>>19393633
because they need someone to blame
>>
>>19393633

They are a good omen. For sure.

Every sign is what you make of it. Every sign is personalized to fit your life experience.
>>
File: fuckcats.jpg (49KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
fuckcats.jpg
49KB, 450x600px
>>19393633
my neighbor has a playful cat that stalks me when i walk the neighborhood at night. i practically stop breathing im so allergic to cats though so i try to shoo it away but it doesnt give a shit and will continue stalking me
>>
>>19393633
>Why does the superstition about them exist?

Useful propaganda.

>Just seen one in my garden and I'm freaking out a bit.

Cats, dogs, horses, and humans have an agreement as old as our very humanity.

Theyre among the best friends youll ever know, stop being foolish anon.
>>
>>19393871
BULL
SHIT
>>
>>19393646
are you even on the right website?
>mean things on a bhutanese peace forum
>>
my cat Bigass is just like the cat in OP. he's strong af and catches birds, moles, mice, squirrels, chipmunks nonstop. he's my nigga
>>
File: Flowersforalgernon.jpg (44KB, 900x630px) Image search: [Google]
Flowersforalgernon.jpg
44KB, 900x630px
>>19396675
Hits my feels every time I think about it.
>>
>>19393676

>has never met a demon cat
>>
People who have had cats around them for their entire lives are healthier and stronger. It's been recently revealed how a cat's purr is in a literal healing frequency. Also, the way a cat moves like its wild ancestors probably awaken a primordial fear of felines within some of us.
>>
>>19401381
DEMON CATS ARE MISUNDERSTOOD. IF YOU HAVE NO MANNERS. OF COURSE KITTY WILL BE A CUNT TO YOU. HAVE I EVER TUSTLED YOUR HAIR BEFORE EVEN MEETING YOU?
>>
>>19393633
Different breeds of cats act differently:

>Siamese cats are loud and social
>Orange and white cats tend to be pretty timid
>Tuxedo cats are friendly with humans but aggro with other cats
>Tabby cats are probably the basic, normal cat that just like to chase small animals and be pet
>Black cats have crazy moon eyes and seem to be looking at things we can see all the time, they might be imaginative or just be overeating to normal stimuli

I think some people are just spooked by them because they look like they are always seeing ghosts or something, but really they are just spazzy.

Once they were associated with witches (as were other black animals, like goats, dogs, and birds) they were kind of stuck with the reputation
>>
>>19401937
>and on top of this, animals tend to mirror your nonverbal communication back at your, so if people act spooked and hostile so does the cat
>>
>>19393633
Kill yourself you retarded fuck.
>>
>>19393832
they cute
>>
>>19393633
It's a retarded superstition.
My friend has a black cat and it walks in my path, all the time.
The most unlucky thing about that cat is that is decides to run by, as I'm walking and I nearly step on it, but, that's more of poor luck for the cat, if I break it's spine.
>>
>>19393633
>I'm freaking out a bit
It's a fucking furball Jesus tap dancing Christ I hate the people this board attracts
>>
They evolved from the mountain cat, the original perfect killer. They propagate some kind of infectious disease which promotes apathetic response in all species save feline. It has been suggested the origin of all mental illness and is why pregnant mothers are warned against scooping litter.

Basically the feline was never meant to be domesticated as nature was dependent upon their population numbers as a critical factor in the time sustained release of a "population control" affliction.

They're bad luck. Sickness and ill temper follow them.
>>
>>19393832
The energy they carry is the most feminine amongst the animal kingdom
>>
>>19393676
Dogs are better.

Cats are like dogs, except gayer.
>>
>>19402046
>cats are the source of all mental illness
What literal retard came up with this theory?
fecal matter shouldn't be inhaled wow what a fucking leap of logic
Also birds of prey are the perfect hunters dipshit
>>
>>19402069
You sound really smart
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>19393832
No Turkish embassy at my home.
>>
File: CatwithTinFoilHat.jpg (73KB, 800x685px) Image search: [Google]
CatwithTinFoilHat.jpg
73KB, 800x685px
>>19393924
>>19396077
>>19393971

Its true, this is why they love cardboard boxes, taped squares ..etc, the Aliens wanted to make sure that if Humans ever get out of Earth, they would easily take cats with them, they are genetically engineered to get inside their tiny cryopods which are shaped like shoe boxes.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.