[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spookiest State

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 17

File: IMG_1421.jpg (292KB, 2188x1455px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1421.jpg
292KB, 2188x1455px
What is the spookiest state in the US?

Stories welcome
>>
>>19393619
Either Massachusetts due to the amount of fucking hauntings there, or some place in the midwest because rural is always spook
>>
Nevada
>>
Maine. Fucking Maine.
>>
deep south states

kentucky, mississippi, etc
>>
>>19393619
Tbh senpai, our whole country is littered with spooky places. Burial grounds in the Midwest, ghost towns in the south west, old battlegrounds and decrepit swamps in the south, and centuries of history in the north east.
>>
>>19394395
thing is with the south also though in addition to the civil war battlegrounds are the old slave plantations and the old slave houses. some of the slaves practiced voodoo to curse their owners.

i live in georgia and next to a plantation that has several old slave houses on the property. i sneak on the property some night to the slave houses and get really bad vibes and anxiety when close to them.
>>
>>19394410
I envy you. I'm stuck in NYC where the spookiest thing is subway rats.
>>
>>19394426
and jews
>>
>>19394426

I recommend reading about NYC's Dutch history
>>
>>19393619
I would wager either Louisiana or Pennsylvania

Both have some crazy fucked up cryptids and hauntings.
>>
>>19394426
i may have woods and plantations which are pretty spook, but you could consider yourself lucky also. there are lots of abandoned old asylums, hospitals and factories you can explore at night. i'd love to do that.
>>
what is spooky? and are there different kinds of spookiness?
>>
Tex-ass is pretty sp00py.
>>
Yeah, I live in Louisiana and it's creepy as hell.

I live in an area where some civil war shit went down, so like every other house is haunted. The Myrtles plantation is actually haunted, I can confirm.
We just have so many spooky cities down here, and you can't just blame it on "people always high on weed" because weed isn't legal here like it is in some other spooky states in the Southwest. The country areas with clear skies also are home to a ton of UFO sightings, I've had like 5 just in one area.
>>
>>19394496
Yeah, there's desert spooky (New Mexico), there's swampy spooky (Louisiana), there's foresty spooky (PNW), and there's uppity spooky (New England).

There are other spookies too.
>>
>>19394273
what is up with all the haunted shit in mass anyways
>>
>>19393619
The white house state
>>
>>19394393
Kentucky isn't in the deep South. Miss me with that gay shit nigga
>>
>>19394603

New England is lovecraftian spooky or Ivy League/NWO spooky

although if you go to the coast you also get 17th/18th century sea monster/ old men by the sea adventure spooky, as well as Russian Invasion Cold War spooky, especially in the autumn/ winter during a snowstorm
>>
Rural WV is preeetty spooky,
>>
>>19394676
This is a good one.
>>
>>19394385
I live in Maine, pls explain. Without mentioning that bag of shit Stephen King
>>
>>19394676
All of the Appalachian mountain range is spooky.
>>
>>19394627
Ghosts of homeless crackheads
>>
CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE POST THE MAINE GHOST STORIES?
>>
File: 1409603593687.jpg (16KB, 468x386px) Image search: [Google]
1409603593687.jpg
16KB, 468x386px
>>19394676
>>19395181
Not if you live there.
Pretty comfy desu.
>>
Illinois is children of the corn spooky. Supposedly we are also the most haunted state in the states.
>>
Washington. Between the Sasquatches, dark tall trees, and millions of spiders, it's the creepiest.
>>
this entire country is an indian burial site
>>
File: Bilde_01.jpg (67KB, 580x411px) Image search: [Google]
Bilde_01.jpg
67KB, 580x411px
Anyone know of anything decently spooky in NC? Especially by Raliegh?
>>
Texas is p spoop. There are countless incredibly old towns, battle sites, etc etc. We have a couple of haunted prisons too. San Antonio, Waco, and Nacogdoches are all particularly known for being old as shit and haunted.
>>
>>19393619
Some New England state, the South or California for the crazy cults I guess.
>>
>>19394426
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hart_Island_(New_York)
>>
File: OVENumw-1.jpg (97KB, 537x759px) Image search: [Google]
OVENumw-1.jpg
97KB, 537x759px
Utah because Skin walker ranch. Pretty much covers all the weird bases. Skinwalkers, orbs, UFOs, odd creatures, increased demonic activity. There's also Bigfoot, Ghost towns, Concentration camps for Japanese and Indians. Various hospitals, mental TB. Also the homeless in Salt Lake City are particularly violent. Most canyons around here have a spooky legend or location included. Also because of the Mormons avid genealogy infatuations those legends and locations are well documented.
>>
>>19393619

Colorado

>JonBenet
>Columbine
>Dark Knight shooting
>Cheyenne Mountain Complex
>Denver Airport murals

Something strange is afoot in the State of Colorado. Weird place.
>>
File: 1428716863853.gif (63KB, 418x328px) Image search: [Google]
1428716863853.gif
63KB, 418x328px
>>19393619
I plan on going to the mothman festival this fall
>>
File: IMG_4602.jpg (134KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4602.jpg
134KB, 640x480px
>>19396423

Oh, almost forgot the Casa Bonita
>>
File: IMG_7672.jpg (19KB, 168x164px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7672.jpg
19KB, 168x164px
>TFW virginia and all i see are the occasional shadow people and one time a ghost moved something at a civil war house
Feels bad man, i really want to meet an alien before i die
>>
>>19396472
what part of VA?
>>
>>19394467
He already said rats
>>
>>19396476
Middle northern. Its pretty boring here and i fucking hate it. Im going to either california or new york for college next year so if theres any places special i should check out in those states plz tell me
>>
>>19396487
ah i never lived there. I use to live in Farmville (that had some cool spoopy shit) and Norfolk/VA Beach
>>
>>19396495
What kind of shit did they have their
>>
>>19396498
I lived within walking distance of the Farmville Massacre. That and there were some cool woods to explore
>>
>>19396501
>Farmville Massacre.
The what now? Wanna tell me about it anon? This sounds really interesting
>>
>>19396509
basically a psycopath from out of town killed his girlfriend after a horror core festival, murdered her best friend/parents with a ball peen hammer and an axe. This all went down a year or two before I went to the college that the mother would teach at.
>>
File: carlos_danger.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
carlos_danger.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>19393619
>What is the spookiest state in the US?

The one with the most spooks?
>>
>>19395756
>>
>>19394273
went to Salem and photos were littered with bell shaped orbs. witch spirit haunted me as a kid too for a few weeks after in NY
>>
New mexico.
Get out into the country far from people and you feel like there's something there. The entire state just feels different from every other state, like the veil's exceptionally thin there.
>>
>>19394426
Come upstate, shit can get real rural and spooky up here.
>>
>>19395765
Roanoke
I think you also have a lizard man
>>
>>19393619

Depends on what kind of spooky your looking for.

The four corners states have a lot of interesting mythology and weird. From old ghost towns to old Spanish and Indian legends to government black sites.

The mid west has reported spooky things, but it's mainly the idiotic locals with brains clogged with grease, mayo, and industrial runoff.
>>
>>19394596

Myrtles sucked, Magnolia Plantation I enjoyed more.
>>
>>19396487

You got Chris Chan.
>>
>>
File: 51Vnh2BcTYL.jpg (45KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
51Vnh2BcTYL.jpg
45KB, 500x494px
I'd argue New Jersey is up there. Lot of cryptids in Pine Barrens (Jersey Devil country), Sussex County, and Great Swamp.

Then you had the old Greystone Hospital building which was really sp00py before they tore it down.

Lot of UFOs sighted up in Wanaque too. Add in a couple albino colonies (supposedly one very close to me that is canibalistic) and a few haunted roads and you have a very creepy state

Pic related is a great guide to all this shit
>>
>>19397507

New Jersey isn't weird. It's just sad.
>>
>>19397515
Have you been to the Pine barrens? That shit is creepy af. Also the Larpers from Finding Bigfoot were in Sussex county so we're apparently weird enough
>>
I mean, it really depends on what you're scared of. If you fear something physical, like rats or spiders, then you'd think a place that has a lot of rats and spiders to be scary.
>>
>>19397296
>upstate
Jew Yorkers are such faggots
>>
>>19395181
Walked the whole thing, not too spooky.
>>
Whenever I cross from Arkansas into Oklahoma at night I get bad vibes.
>>
>>19397650
Ever been to the OK panhandle?
>>
>>19395165
It's cold and dark
>>
>>19394627
Think of all the american history that happened there. Massachusetts used to be relevant in Colonial times.
>>
File: 1501380473219.jpg (62KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1501380473219.jpg
62KB, 540x540px
Florida easily. All the other states have spooky shit that may or may not even exist, but there are confirmed crazy people all over Florida
>>
>>19396386
I just moved out of SLC and I wasn't spooked by anything at any point.
Utah just sucks
>>
>>19393619
Colorado
>>
>>19394676
came to say this. mountain people are fucked.
>>
>>19393619
Kentucky, I mean, they gonna have the total solar eclipse pass through the town where they had those Goblins, about to get real Gobliny down there come August 21st
>>
File: state rankings.jpg (239KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
state rankings.jpg
239KB, 2000x1333px
I used a set of semi-objective criteria to judge the overall spookiness of each state. States are scored 1-10, 1 point for having a SIGNIFICANT amount of activity in each category. Not just "well my neighbor's friend's dog once saw a ufo so there are lots of ufos in my state."

Here are the categories:
>Rural places
>Cryptids
>UFOs/Aliens
>Native legends
>Unexplainable phenomena
>Cults/magic/voodoo
>Hauntings
>Battlefield ghosts
>Cemeteries/abandoned structures
>BONUS: Atmosphere (+1)
General interest in the paranormal in that state and overall notoriety
>>
>>19394467
delete this
>>
Indiana is certainly the most eeriest.
>>
I've lived in Tennessee and Missouri and the only shit I've experienced was one spoopy haunted abandoned place and one UFO sighting. Shit Sucks.
>>
>>19399119
Missing persons should be a criteria.
>>
>>19399119
As a Michigan native I can say that your rating is probably correct. We have our fair share of burial grounds and cryptids, and the Upper Peninsula is basically one big forest. Only 3% of the population lives up there
>>
>>19395765
Its not by Raleigh but Devils tramping ground is probably one of the most famous NC spooks.

Also I think your post is the only time I've ever seen a picture of the beast of bladenboro on here that wasn't posted by myself.
>>
File: 1498980809279.jpg (805KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1498980809279.jpg
805KB, 1200x1000px
>>19397500
Fuck me im stuck with frogman.
>>
>>19400306
I considered putting in serial killers/disappearances but ultimately it would only favor states with big urban areas. For every Ed Gein you have 100 crackheads who've killed a bunch of people for drug money
>>
>>19395382
Lived in the mountains my whole life. I'm the first person to get my panties in knot when people talk shit about it, but it's spooky when you look at the history.
>all those dead miners
>all the unnaccounted for child miners left forgotten in the ground.
>>
>>19397640
The Appalachian trail is not really what Appalachia is like desu.
Also there was a serial killer who picked off hikers there that they keep under wraps because it's bad for business.
>>
>>19395165
Go outside on a clear night in November.

Your heart will be the only sound you hear

And everything in that forest there? They hear it too.
>>
>>19395765

The actual crybaby lane is behind the former Dorthea Dix hospital.

There was a mental hospital in Raleigh for almost two centuries that closed down in 2008. Within a mile or two there was an old orphanage that burned down. It's rumored that escaped mental patients did it.

It's basically grass and rubble, but its still interesting. I think the hospital's been demolished by now, but I went inside a couple times in high school.

Also, there's the Raleigh Undergroud. It was a punk venue under the current Cameron villaige mall. You can still just walk right in. It's like a long basement with decaying 70s/80s rock band posters. Go behind the Party Stop, it's also abandoned
>>
>>19394676
Mothman
>>
>>19396433
The only thing spooky about Casa Bonita is the shits you take afterwards. Literally the worst Mexican food in the country.
>>
>>19400601

Agreed, the forests, caves, and mine shafts of WV are not where you want to be after midnight...
>>
>>19393619

As others have discussed... Find yourself in the lone hills of WV at night. The Moth-Man of Pt. Pleasant, The Grey Lady in the fog, or any spook you'll hear off in the deep forest, or mine shafts. (always walk away from the crying infants despite your instincts)
>>
>>19400825

...yeah fuk that
>>
>>19396432
always wanted to go to this

one of these years...
>>
Florida or Louisiana, cause the swamps, (God knows what lurks back there), or Pennsylvania or West Virginia cause creepy industrial rustbelt shit.
>>
>>19396386
This. I live in a small town in central Utah and I know plenty of people who live in haunted houses.
>>
>maine is famous for lobsters
>has no lobstermen
What if the American revolution wasn't us fighting against England, but us fighting against the native lobstermen. And we don't see them anymore because they're extinct now?
>>
>>19400880
The swamps are the least creepy place in florida, you know there are alligators. Walk around in florida in broad daylight and some bath salt zombie will try to eat your face.
>>
File: spoopyshoes.png (78KB, 321x185px) Image search: [Google]
spoopyshoes.png
78KB, 321x185px
>>19398229
>>19397650

It's been said before that there's something wrong with Oklahoma at night. I own 30 acres of land near the panhandle and it's spoopy as fuck out there. When the coyotes stop howling, the woods get too silent... I've got some stories but typing it out's a bitch.
>>
Virginia. Pedophiles control it utterly. Creepier than any ghost.
>>
File: IMG_0563.jpg (34KB, 450x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0563.jpg
34KB, 450x700px
Can tell story, but not too many details, unfortunately.

>Was at Lake Tahoe, California this 4th of July
>Alone in hotel looking out over dark beach
>Notice what seems to be two girls, but their heads appear slightly elongated
>They moved about the shoreline, randomly. Their movements were kinda jerky and quick.
>They started throwing sand into the lake, still with mostly inhuman movements
>At one point, they bent over backwards in perfect unison, like so (pic related)
>After some more sand-throwing, they took off running down the beach

I checked the beach the next morning, nothing out of the ordinary.
Couldn't get a clear picture, it was too dark.
That's about all I have, but I'll answer any questions to the best of my ability.
>>
>>19393619
North Dakota
Very little light pollution.
We see everything.
>>
>>19393619
I wish Florida was spooky but it's just old people trying to kill me with their cars.
>>
>>19396482
fuckin underrated
>>
>>19393619
I'd say Montana is pretty spooky. The old Montana state prison is haunted as fuck. My family has lived in multiple haunted houses. I was fishing on Big Hole Battlefield and heard somebody say "hey" clear as day. It wasn't a breeze and there wasn't anyone within 50 yards of me. It literally sounded like somebody whispered in my ear. All that on top of a metric butt ton of ghost towns, abandoned mine shit, native shit, couple of cryptids, etc.
>>
>>19401351
Dude, this so fucking hard. I've lost two cars to retarded fucking old people in this dump of a state.
>>
how has arizona not been mentioned
>>
>>19393619

New Orleans, followed by Denver International Airport, followed by the Badlands.
>>
>>19397496
True horror.
>>
>>19401431
What's so scary about retirement homes?
>>
>>19394674
>New England is lovecraftian spooky or Ivy League/NWO spooky

I live in Connecticut and, while probably not exclusive to the state, the amount of abandoned roads seems unreal.

>live in bum fuck South Eastern CT
>going to pick my friend up
>take a wrong turn
>paved road gets narrow
>becomes one lane gravel
>becomes a dirt walking path
>ends in dirt cul de sac with a dead tree in the middle (think halloween tree)

If it were rainy I would have gotten stuck in mud. Driving around in CT country can be a little spooky but nothing crazy to report.
>>
>>19399119
I would have guessed texas and oregan had higher scored but i disproportionately follow bigfoot stories
>>
>>19396423
I moved here from jersey. This place is ducking weird. Mad trafficking here and underground tunnels. Creepy as duck here. >>19397507
I lived right by Marlboro mental hospital. Mad creepy. Never actually went but my lil bro did, did tucked up shit there. There was a slaughter house, it was mad creepy. Supposedly the state took this guy's land (slaughter house) and he was fighting the state to get his land back. Well they said he was ”insane” and put him in the hospital supposedly got mad cow disease. The legend is he murdered a few guards and escaped and vowed vengeance. >>19397515
You are a faggot.
>>
>>19400348

Thanks, yeah I literally just typed "NC cryptids" inot google and the Beast of Bladenboro was the first thing to pop up.

Whats the deal with Devil's Trampling Ground? I just moved into this state a month ago, so I have no idwa about anything here.
>>
>>19400762
Kick ass anon, I really appreciate it. Have you personally been to any of those places? I just moved here and have no clue about anything here.
>>
>>19393619
Upstate New York is pretty spooky, especially when you read up on Allentown
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.