[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Simulation Theory LOL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: thirteenth-floor.jpg (240KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
thirteenth-floor.jpg
240KB, 1280x720px
Why do so many people fall for this meme?

Is it a lie fabricated by (((them)))?

I'm pretty sure this is something NASA has been spreading on purpose.

Fuck NASA.
>>
Boredom.
>>
Having rejected the one true God, postmodernist faggots seek false gods in the form of imaginary computer operators.
>>
Just look at how this man peacefully tries to explain to Black Science Man that Simulation Theory makes no fucking sense. Look at how much he is bothered by that.

You can see he is bothered by it. Why, though? Not even Black Science Man himself buys this shit.
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>19393359

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmVOV7xvl58&t=834s

Forgot to leave the link.
>>
>>19393363

Skip to 0:44. Analyze Neil's body language.

LMAO
>>
It's no more retarded than
>Magic sky man done it
>>
>>19393380

True. That's just a consequence of religion, I guess. That will change very soon, though.

I hope.
>>
>>19393351
the only people that reject simulation theory are people that only imagine it with today's tech

look how much computers have advanced in 30-40 years. now give them another 500 years

its entirely feasible that we will have full sensory simulations that use full representations of all known laws of science and even have details down to the atomic / energy level when someone bothers to look

now put someone in that program without their knowledge from the day they are born. they would simply accept the world they are in without question.
>>
>>19393402

Well, what if some people are born with memory before they were born? What would you say to them?
>>
>>19393409

Would you say that it is impossible for someone to have memory of the before life? I don't think it's entirely unfeasible.
>>
>>19393402

Would you call them crazy?
>>
>>19393402
your last two words were "without question". if we are in such a simulation, then how can we question it?

I also think that just because we have had such a large technological expansion in recent times, doesn't necessarily mean it can happen again. I think there is some type of limit that might be reached.
>>
>>19393363
NDGT is a child intellectually. You can tell everything that comes out of his mouth is regurgitated directly from someone else. This is a man who says philosophy is not useful (hint: thats what science is) and just asserted we are living in a simulation created by an alien child in his parents basement... I just... I.. fuck this guy is bad at this. Living in a simulation is defendable but the alien child thing is just... wow. how is he an accepted member of the pop science community the man is a dipshit who has never had an original thought in his life.
>>
>>19393351
its easy to beleive
>>
>>19393775

Yeah, it's pretty hypocritical if you ask me.
>>
>>19393775
Scientists don't actually care who represents them. Bringing wonder to the field is more important than any given research project or grant.
>>
Random anon trys to act smart the thread
>>
What if we're not actually in a computer simulation but 3D matter and time are a sort of virtual sandbox in which spirits learn by experiencing challenges and limitations?
>>
Our realm is a Shadow of the Pleroma.

Sophia hid the Demiurge here from the Other Archons, its a place of Shadow and Fog.

He is the Gloomy Ruler!
>>
>>19394269
>Other Archons

Correction, the other Aeons.
>>
Lol nobody who ever says "we are in a simulation" ever explains what a simulation of. A simulation of WHAT exactly? A simulation of a simulation? Or maybe everything is just real and simulation is our way of saying "we are real and everything else is fake" when perhaps the opposite is true
>>
>>19393351
To me, it looks like a rationalization for atheists who look at the universe and think it shows signs of being designed, but can't stand the idea that there might be a God. Instead, they create this new theory that's literally intelligent design with some vague sciency-sounding language to give it credibility among materialists.
>>
>>19393380
It's no *less* retarded, either.
>>
>>19393380
>It's no more retarded than
>>Magic sky man done it
Except it is because at least God is supposed to have no cause at all and thus doesn't need an explanation, but that fact that you believe that the universe needs an explanation means you still need to find an explanation for the original, non-simulated universe.
>>
this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pld8wTa16Jk&t=1411s
>>
>>19393402
>look how much computers have advanced in 30-40 years. now give them another 500 years
there are hard physical limits to how powerful computers can actually be, along with soft limits of material availability and economic viability. there's no guarantee that computers will keep improving exponentially forever, or of them ever being capable of simulating anything that even approaches the level of size and detail of our universe.
>>
>>19394769
If you take your believe of existence from the Bible, yiu really are too frail minded to contribute.
>>
>>19394867
>it doesn't need the be explained

Good boy, don't question religion. Just do as your told.

Seriously, I'm taking a screen shot of your comment, just to show how brainwashed religious people are and how foolish you look.
>>
and this :
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qam5BkXIEhQ
>>
>>19394994
I never said anything about the Bible.
>>
>>19393351
The movie "The Matrix" was intended to be a metaphor for our society https://prezi.com/ybxwvr21r9lz/the-matrix-and-postmodernism/ and for how our society creates a simulation of reality using symbols and media. People intuitively feel the artificiality in their lives, but instead of attributing it to their society, they attribute it to the whole of the universe, something that is encouraged by the mechanisms of our society, as it needs to have its true nature hidden. Simulation theory is a simulacrum of simulation, which is probably the greatest possible irony.

TL;DR it's a symptom of the neurosis of end-stage cultural capitalism (the infiltration of capitalism into the cultural from the social.)
>>
File: simulacra-and-simulation-3-728.jpg (99KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
simulacra-and-simulation-3-728.jpg
99KB, 728x546px
>>19395081
>>
>>19395007
I'm not even saying that God exists you fucking idiot. I'm just saying that the idea of God, regardless of whether or not he exists, is at least a possible candidate for the "prime cause" or "unmoved mover", that is to say, the thing or things which must necessarily exist in order for anything else to come into existence in the first place. simulation theory has no possible candidate for prime mover, so it's even more useless as an explanation than the possible existence of God.
>>
>>19395081
Communism is another way the market hides its nature.
>>
>>19395081
>People intuitively feel the artificiality in their lives, but instead of attributing it to their society, they attribute it to the whole of the universe, something that is encouraged by the mechanisms of our society

>Every "Age of Enlightenment" proceeds from an unlimited optimism of the reason — always associated with the type of the megalopolitan — to an equally unqualified scepticism. The sovereign waking-consciousness, cut off by walls and artificialities from living nature and the land about it and under it, cognises nothing outside itself. It applies criticism to its imaginary world, which it has cleared of everyday sense-experience, and continues to do so till it has found the last and subtlest result, the form of the form — itself: namely, nothing.
>-Oswald Spengler
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.