[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What really happens when I look at the sun during an eclipse?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: moon.jpg (300KB, 1000x1047px) Image search: [Google]
moon.jpg
300KB, 1000x1047px
What really happens when I look at the sun during an eclipse?

Why don't they want us to? It would only be natural.
>>
>>19391817
I've been wondering that same thing for a while now... (((They))) say it's so you don't go blind or some shit... idk the logic behind it all doesn't make the most amount of sense to me. Seems like you have much less of a chance of going blind during an eclipse than any other mode the sun is in lol
>>
http://www.physlink.com/education/askexperts/ae586[dot]cfm TLDR: It hurts your eyes.
>>
it's literally just the sun going behind the moon, looking at it during an eclipse is just as bad as looking at it during any other time
>>
>>19391935
no but plenty of them got sunspots in their vision, and the older you are the longer they take to go away.
>>
>>19391935
Even in ancient times people knew staring at the sun was bad. In modern times we have dark lenses that let us stare at the sun, even lenses for cameras and telescopes that let us take pictures of the sun and allow us to see the sunspots.
>>
File: 1500136136297.png (44KB, 741x527px) Image search: [Google]
1500136136297.png
44KB, 741x527px
>>19391817
If it's a true eclipse nothing. If it's a partial eclipse, it will burn your eyes.
>>
>>19392514
shh dont tell him...

>>19391817
OP staring at it will give you magical powers bro
>>
>>19391843
>>19391925
>>19391935
>>19391817

You know what, just fucking do it.

I can't believe people on this board are so fucking stupid. It's fully justified /sci rates your board with a negligible average IQ.

At this point I don't even care. Just do it. Stare at an eclipse. The permanent eye damage you get for the rest of your life from it will be your and only your fault.

Actualy forget all that..

"They"... are lying to you anon. An eclipse has healing rays that invigorate your soul and expand your consciousness. Don't buy into the lies maaaaaannn, solar yoga is the truth!
>>
>>19392686
I'm staring at it with my welding goggles on. Can't wait to see that shit
>>
>>19392693
Nah, man. That's what "they" want you to do.

You need to let the sun rays in, maaan! Eyes are the windows to the soul after all!
>>
>>
sungazing is a thing, but you need to do it when it's setting / rising because otherwise the light is too strong. I honestly don't know if you would be able to do it during an eclipse
>>
File: IMG_20170804_164726_593.jpg (102KB, 480x815px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170804_164726_593.jpg
102KB, 480x815px
>>
>>19391817
Cause it gets rly dark and your pupils expand to take in more ligth, then a few minutes later it stops being a full eclipse and and you get tonnes of sunlight into your fully dilated pupils possibly harming your cones n sheit
>>
>>19391817
During the eclipse most of the light from the sun is blocked, so it doesn't hurt your eyes as much immediately, however they can still be damaged by the UV radiation being emitted by the sun.

Pretty much your eyes can get sunburned like your skin. It'll hurt a bunch later on like a sunburn does, but it also has the extra bonus of blinding you if you look for two long.
>>
>>19392686
Satan's beard mate look at the fucking celestial event or not it's not divine you monkeys
>>
>>19391817
>myyyyaaaannnn, everything's a conspiracy myyyyaaannnn. "They"(tm) are trying to control us!

Just look at the fucking eclipse then! One of two things will happen, both of which will be beneficial in my opinion.

The first: You uncover some massive secret which you can then share with the world.

The second: You will hurt your eyes or go blind, but the good part: you will learn how there is no intelligence to just assuming every societal norm is some widespread, maleficent agenda to control everyone. We will have one less god-tier dumbshit and you can serve as an example to other idiots as a living meme to actually consider logical reasoning over knee-jerk pretend-time as a good life choice.
>>
File: ret.jpg (35KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
ret.jpg
35KB, 480x320px
Do not do it, seriously. I did. It sucks. There's a spot that's basically blocked out when you stare directly at something. Ever look at a light bulb and see the shape of the light when looking at something else? It's like having that permanently. It's super annoying. I went to lenscrafters and had them take retinal photos... You can really see the damage compared to my good eye.
>>
>>19395185
But on the other hand, I sometimes look a few seconds at the sun early or late in the day, and don't have these issues. Most of the times eyes closed though.
>>
Don't listen to these shills op. You will need dark lenses to do that. Stare at it if you feel something wrong with it. Subjective thinking > "objective" shiiiit. Listen to your intuition. Who knows maybe there is something more to it all.
>>
>>19395272 Yep shills are definitely hiding something.
>>
>>19395230
Something like that should be fine but when it's a viewing, you're sitting there, with the purpose of looking at the sun for an extended time period... You gonna fuck your shit up. Ain't worth it!
>>
File: inteligent fish.jpg (1MB, 3300x1600px) Image search: [Google]
inteligent fish.jpg
1MB, 3300x1600px
>looked at the sun a few times during an eclipse as a kid
>eyes didn't get damaged because I didn't stare at it like a retard
Feels good to have at least average intelligence.
>>
>>19395330
I don't know, this sungazing thing had benefits for me. I'm on the fence on just doing it with eyes closed. Tradeoff would be losing the experience, but maybe it does do something.
>>
now that retards got that out of the way, will anything paranormal happen during the august 21st eclipse?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.