[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wicca

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: startthegreeks.jpg (10KB, 283x161px) Image search: [Google]
startthegreeks.jpg
10KB, 283x161px
Is Wicca just roleplaying?

I am looking for an alternative religion that embraces tradition, individual freedom, nature, and power. I thought Wicca was interesting but it seems almost plastic.

I'm looking for a religion that takes into account a wide range of deities like the Greek Pantheon, or something that looks at all the gods thus far as real and unique.
>>
>>19390642
The only word to describe what you want to be is "historian."
>>
>>19390650
But I want to practice worship. Studying a religion won't make me part of it
>>
File: evolamagik.jpg (52KB, 322x499px) Image search: [Google]
evolamagik.jpg
52KB, 322x499px
Wicca was invented in the 1950's by a former British government worker who wanted an excuse to bang retarded women. Its pretty much babies first occultism and is a fusion of the teachings of crowely and hermeticism

If you want to learn about tradition read evola.
Also i suggest you study the ancient magiks of whatever race or ethnic group you descend from. Never practice anything modern.
>>
>>19390662
Can you direct me in the path of Anglo-Saxon paganism?
>>
>>19390662
Is there an english translation of volumes 2 and 3? I haven't been able to find any.
>>
>>19390658
No religion can bring all the things you want to bring together together. You can study for a lifetime and still not get anywhere significant in terms of finding a meaningful practice. I identify as paranormal atheist even though I know there are things worth calling gods out there, because it's the only way for me to say that I have no issue respecting any faith that doesn't instruct its followers to harm me. I'll participate in rituals from any faith, tolerate any tradition, so long as it's an *actual* tradition, and my respect for nature and power couldn't be higher by the guise of any other system of beliefs.

My best recommend is to go with Buddhism and explore within until you're ready to find a better way to express your desire to practice worship in a healthy, constructive manner.
>>
>>19390662

its kinky foreplay

NEXT
>>
File: 1500572933226.png (823KB, 581x679px) Image search: [Google]
1500572933226.png
823KB, 581x679px
>/x/ kiddos are still bitching about Wicca
>Meanwhile, I'm reconstructing the grimoires of Cunning Men, feeding Wytchbottles, venerating the Triune Powers of Arte upon the Stang, and evoking the internal principalities derived from Mandaean influence on Agrippa to establish contact with the Death's Headed Angel of Wytchblood

Stay salty, plebs.
>>
>>19390642
The pagan and magical rebirth in the last century has led to a lot of things, good and bad, heightened and watered-down. There are eclectics who define their pantheons on their own terms, choosing this deity or that deity and making a group of them to cast upon the multiverse as intermediaries to the Great Intelligence behind things, all real in and of themselves. Gods old and new.

In my opinion, they're either all valid or none of them are. Pick and choose. There's no reason why a household can't hold Odin in high esteem, along with Quan-Yin and/or whoever else.

Make your own pantheon and define your roll in the multiverse in this life.
>>
>>19390642
Dude just make up your own religion creat and worship your own idols give them names powers and personalities
>>
>>19390667
Anglo-Saxon is based on Germanic/Teutonic. Vikings, ancient Norse, and so on, only the words changed through local dialect.
>>
>>19390674
>internal
Infernal, goddamn autocorrect, Jesus methsnorting Christ.
>>
>>19390683
I know I'm directly descended from Norway. Maybe I should get familiar with Norse religion?

>>19390670
Wouldn't "picking and choosing" just make other deities angry?
>>19390674
>wytchbottles
Explain

>>19390676
>>19390677
The problem with almost forming my own belief is that I'd rather worship in the company of others.
>>
I mean, personally i always felt magic was the strongest when you practiced the ways of your ancestors, and also the ancient, which is untainted by modern capitalism and liberalism.
You are on the right path. the occult, its about tradition, ritual, ceremony.
It isnt modern, its ancient.
You need to be reading ancient grimoires not some faggot trying to sell you crystals.
Another thing, dont let modernism, liberalism taint you, the left arent spiritual at all they are materlists by nature.
Every good occultist is a bit of a fascist.
>>
>>19390703
>Explain
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch_bottle
>>
>>19390703
>I know I'm directly descended from Norway. Maybe I should get familiar with Norse religion?
Sounds right. The Norse angle is filled with information.
>in the company of others
That always makes it more difficult, yes, but there are good Norse organizations there, too. Just watch out for the simple-minded and racist, as unfortunately these types have agglomerated themselves onto the Norse tradition.
>>
>>19390713
>Norway
>>19390703
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galdrab%C3%B3k
https://threehandspress.com/shop/salomonic-magical-arts/
>>
>>19390703
>picking and choosing
Not what I said. The purpose of Buddhism is to have a clear, lucid mind. That will help you deal with your desires in the most constructive way, until you're ready to do something useful with your desire to worship/practice among others. It's not wrong to not want to be alone in this, but that's just how it is right now.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.