[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Fermi Paradox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1495347202923.png (227KB, 1346x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1495347202923.png
227KB, 1346x1086px
Where is everyone?
>>
>>19390369
It goes further than this... When distance and time is so incomprehensibly vast it almost doesn't matter if there IS or has ever been intelligent life out there. The Drake equation has been torn apart a million times by now. The chances of us overlapping with a civilization within a traversible distance (even theoretically) and within the same time period (consider the infitestimal blip our entire civilization is compared to the universe) are so fucking colossally unlikely it's effectively impossible. I'd love more than to see proof of alien life, but it takes no abstract thought or really deep digging to deduce that whether it's possible or not is irrelevant, logically you can't really get past the endlessness of time and space coupled in terms of overlap, and even evidence! If life was at all likely it would have to have repeated over and over again by NOW. Billions and billions of ducking years. We'd have found at least some remnant that would maybe even just bring us even a little closer to finding real evidence. It comes down to logic and statistics and common sense
>>
>>19390880
Are you retarded? Dimensions overlap one another. All dimensions exist within the same point, thus inter dimensional travel allows one to traverse existence seamlessly.

And haven't you heard of wormholes? Bending space? Geeze, as if you can make such an arrogant statement with the limited knowledge we have.
>>
File: notinfoil.png (3MB, 1500x1840px) Image search: [Google]
notinfoil.png
3MB, 1500x1840px
>>19390880
>>
>>19391760
>as if you can make such an arrogant statement with the limited knowledge we have.
this
>>
>>19390369
>Where is everyone?
Well it's pretty obvious: they don't exist. 95% of UFO are fakes. Rest are government hi-tech. Also some beings probably can visit us from other dimensions. But space is D E A D
>>
>>19391823
>>19391760
>>
>>19391829 It's just a theory without any serious proof. Humans are quite limited in perception and knowledge. So it's safe to assume that space is dead.
>>
>>19391840
>without any serious proof
but isn't
>safe to assume that space is dead
just another theory?

i guess i depends on how serious you take one or another theory and than starts to build your reality on it. One might take other theorys more serioues as you and therefore sees the world in another light as you. But nothing changes the fact that humans are still quite limited in their knowledge, i guess, that actually this behavior on how to handle theorys is limiting humans knowledge because we chooce one or another side, either this theory or this theory.

On the other hand, just because you build your reality on your best fitting theory doesn't make the other theory obsolete.

Did you notice, that there was never ever any efforts have been made to seriously investigate this area and that most of the scientific investigations have always been held top secret.
What does this tell us? That it is stupide or that there is more to it? No guess what, you can answer this question only on how you build your reality, with what pieces of a theory.

How about this, Media, MSM, social platform and the mass manipulation of the govermant brainwashed you and told you what to believe, in what theory to take serious so you start to build you reality as boring as possible, so you will never ask or investigate into this field.
>>
>>19391823
We exist on a planet in space, therefore space is not dead.

Science and the general populace have no clue of what can actually constitute life on the micro and macro levels of existence.
>>
>>19391840
>Humans are quite limited in perception and knowledge.
Do you even realize the irony of this statement?

How can you make such a sure and arrogant statement and then claim that humans have quite a limitation in perception and knowledge. You're right, in a sense, our knowledge and perception has limitation that doesn't allow us to perceive the true realities of life and the Universe.
>>
>>19391873 Why do you think that dead-space is boring? It's quite interesting. Why is it dead? What happened to all?
>government is hiding something
They are. But it can be something that you don't want to hear. Almost everyone is screaming MUH ALIENS when they see UFO. What if UFO are not crafts? Will you believe it if government will tell you?
>>
>>19391938
now you just throw theorys around you and all seems to have one thing in common, they will stop any other future thought on this topic of ayyy's.

>>19391878
>We exist on a planet in space, therefore space is not dead.
this
>>
>>19391944 Theories all we have. Your point of view is not better by any mean.
>>
>>19391955
i can agree on this.
>>
good thread
/bump
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.