[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /x/ think of Alan Moore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: alanmoorejenkins.jpg (188KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
alanmoorejenkins.jpg
188KB, 1024x683px
>>
File: efg.jpg (23KB, 321x414px) Image search: [Google]
efg.jpg
23KB, 321x414px
I genuinely respect him as a spiritual person and occultist. He is the only far left occultist i know of too, also one that isnt some cringe wicca new age faggot.
He created that v for vendetta book, and it was very influential in the 2000's i think it leaked into reality with the whole anon thing, people were wearing those masks everywhere at protests, it became a symbol on 4chan, nowadays it seems kind of old hat and cringe, but also nostalgic.
I also think litteerrlty the only time cape shit comic books were good was in the 90's when him and grant Morrison, another occultist were working on them
>>
>>19390037
>it leaked into reality
>became a symbol on 4chan
>old hat and cringe, but also nostalgic
The deeper message took second seat to the meme.
>>
>>19390088
well if you were there you would know.
Anon started out as a genuine movement, hackers, trolls, and protesting. It was ruined when it was taken over by liberals and the CIA.
Of course it was bound to happen because it was a decentralized, leaderless movement were anyone could claim to be part of it.
And it makes sense, because moore is an anarchist and an occultist, and i dont know exactly what he did or if he did it on purpose but whatever his will or desire was actually leaked into reality and you had droves of people fighting against the government and wearing that mask.
much in the way kek leaked into reality did in modern times.
>>
File: 1499719013460.jpg (143KB, 980x809px) Image search: [Google]
1499719013460.jpg
143KB, 980x809px
>>19390066
>became a symbol

shit was cringey from the get-go, nostalgic my ass
>>
And art was the method he used to hide his desire, there is a video where he even explains how he considers art to be magic.
And it is.
Art, meme's, symbols, these are things you use to manipulate reality, to change reality, you hide your desire and will in them.

And then you push it into the hive mind of reality, use the internet, or a book, or a movie. the more eyes and ears the better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1qACd0wHd0

“Magick is the science and art of causing change to occur in conformity with will.”
― Aleister Crowley, Magick in Theory and Practice
>>
>>19390037
The patrician version of neil gaiman
>>
>>19390037
his graphic novels are phenomal especially the Lovecraftian ones
>>
>>19390109
Modern society takes place in a massive psionic suppression field. Ideas are supposed to flow freely throughout the human biome but we meet opposition at every point and surface. The fact that ideas can "leak" into reality speaks volumes to the depth and degree to which this suppression is currently maintained. What actually happened with 4chan and anonymous is likely far more than Moore ever dreamed, but it was able to be so potent because the leak could not be contained. Human nature can be contained, obviously, but by that same logic we can breach containment. Our natural state allows ideas to affect reality, people, and the world itself, or the modern era would never have formed to begin with.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.