[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he part of the club?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0111.jpg (22KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0111.jpg
22KB, 268x188px
Was he part of the club?
>>
>>19389585
No, he was a rambling drunk. And an immoral vegetarian.
>>
>>19389601

Do you UND3RSTAND the implications of his crossed arms?
>>
>>19389601
He had a hard time practicing what he preached. I can identify with that, when you see things for what they are and no one gives a shit it kind of sucks
>>
>>19389601
>immoral vegetarian
How does that work?
>>
>>19389630
because vegetarianism still produces a needless holocaust.

>>19389626
This is true, i was a bit cranky earlier, i have food now doe. Do you not find he rambles and says 1000 words when he could of just said a sentence?
>>
>>19389630

Eating meat, idk for sure
>>
>>19389639

>vegetarianism produces a needless holocaust

Are you one of these "but think of all the plants your murdering" people? What are we supposed to do then?
>>
>>19389651
nah senpai, plants arent sentient so who gives a fuck. Baby cows, chickens etc are, and you cant justify making them suffer so you can have some grated cheese desu

Therefore vegetarianism is not ethical (once people know)
>>
>>19389642
lol what...vegetarians dont eat corpses. You tired mate?
>>
>>19389585
He gave great lectures about just about everything a spiritual seeker wants to learn about. But there's a fatal flaw in his philosophy: total focus on the self, to the exclusion of others. It's all 'I' in his worldview, which is very strange considering he usually spoke for a big audience. Either he didn't have the words to explain where he ended and others began, or he actually believed that there was no end to him, that he was all, every member of his audience and everything in the whole universe.

If you were planning on taking in some of his work, keep this warning in mind. His philosophy is a double-edged sword. Deep questions are raised and answered beautifully, obvious questions are left unanswered. He was a brilliant thinker and speaker but also a very self-centered man.
>>
File: AlanWatts.jpg (944KB, 1400x933px) Image search: [Google]
AlanWatts.jpg
944KB, 1400x933px
Assholes, all of you.
>>
>>19389623

X=saturn, and he has a clock on his left wrist, i can see what you're getting at. idk tho
>>
>>19389668
I meant he would be an immoral vegetarian if he ate meat on the side. You know, not really being completely vegetarian.
>>
>>19389736
read this anon
>>19389854
>>
>>19390053
Amazing how wrong someone's perception of someone else can be if they only read what they want to read and miss some of the most important things they actually said.
>>
>>19390076
I listened to every lecture. My perception of him changed a lot over the years. I loved his stuff from the beginning and took his advice to heart and mind. But slowly I started to realise that it's self-centered stuff. No devils to blame, no gods to give credit to, it's all you playing a trick on yourself. An illusion. He uses those words, and I don't like them anymore.
>>
>>19389736
You have to be self centered in order to understand these things, and not be taken advantage of by other people. This is the step to being able to take advantage of others, but refraining from doing so because you already know how bad it hurts. BE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>19390253
how can you not admit that you are the one doing this?
>>
>>19390040
hmm, maybe it was me who was tired lol
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.