[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much of it was true?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 69035098-352-k668363.jpg (64KB, 352x550px) Image search: [Google]
69035098-352-k668363.jpg
64KB, 352x550px
How much of it was true?
>>
I think you mean "is"
>>
Like 50% but it's greatly exaggerated in some places and the details are not accurate. His works were INSPIRED by occult/transdimensional reality, not a true representation of it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDIKaU3RnGU
>>
File: XsJG_XtV_400x400.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
XsJG_XtV_400x400.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>>19388518
More than you will ever know.
a! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
My master draws near.
>>
>>19388518
1% acording to what i read. the rest of it is mambo jambo and story telling.
>>
>>19388518
What makes you think any of it was real?
>>
>>19388518
He was a fiction writer, inspired by the magick and occult revival or the early 20th century, plus some good ol' fashion American System eugenics (see Shadow Over Innsmouth).
>>
>>19388518
In ancient times some stuff might have happened
Lovecraft was an inspired horror writer, but he was also a man of his time, haunted by his own fears of the unknown.
In the end it's a matter of perspective.
Some entities might have or might still exist, that old cultures deemed as "gods". Some may have enjoyed human sacrifice. Some may still lay dormant.
Any entities like these, under a certain perspective might be terrifying or seem like normal ancient mythology under another.
The fact that current civilization knows nothing certain of the old gods keeps the mysticism and allows for imagination to take fly and imagine a world of horrors such as the one described by him.
>>
Might be stuff from astral realms?
All is one, and part of ourselves either way!
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.