[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm getting to the end of my rope and I need to do something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: PicsArt_07-09-09.31.27.png (208KB, 1440x979px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_07-09-09.31.27.png
208KB, 1440x979px
I'm getting to the end of my rope and I need to do something proactive about my faulty brain before I lose the ability to feel anything but fear or sadness.

When I open up to people and tell them I have depression, they console me with, "but you're so smart" and pull observations about me out of their ass. Yeah I get that I am not a moron, but lots of good that's doing me, right? I may not be physically unhealthy(mostly), suffer from something terminal, or be technically mentally ill, but I can't control my sadness or where my subconscious leads. Its not just a simple existential crisis.

I have real SSRIs, no fluoridated water since my plumbing uses a deep well, a health supplement stack, no Wu hippie anecdotal "medicine" bs where the rarer it is the better and always doubles as an aphrodisiac/swedish penis enlarger. I'm not here for fucking snake oil advice or how to hypnotise myself. I am asking if in the course of you exploring the intricacies of the paranormal, have you found ways to tune consciousness like the hosts in West World? Turning up/down useful/detrimental traits sounds like more of a thing once I know how to access many specific regions, but first conscience control of the hypothalamus, pituitary feedback strength, and hopefully the pineal gland. If I can do this, I may gain epigenetic and immune system control and other chemically controlled functions. For the help, you are helping a shitty feeling person with not much going for him, but I will report my findings here first and continue consulting with /x/ threads.
>>
File: norumbles~01~01.jpg (53KB, 250x603px) Image search: [Google]
norumbles~01~01.jpg
53KB, 250x603px
>>19383336
I am also decent with circuitry, so I am about half done with making the brains of a diy EEG, not sure how many simultaneous scalp electrodes I can make work with it yet. It will basically create individual channels like surround sound by measuring the electrodes in quick succession as brain waves are quite low in frequency and location of activity is really more important for this than fidelity. I started it as a distraction from my shitty and I guess maybe I could use it for controlling my cursor for keks, but this seems like a higher priority.

I am not here for an arm to cry, a glass half full talk, or patience padawan bs. I will of course accept advice from a scientific point of view, but am grateful for what ever spiritual, religious, or spoopy information you give me as long as its not an old wife's tale or shilled by 3rd world people who sell random shit in the forest to those with no critical thinking skills. Nice words are appreciated too, but please, I have the other bases covered as much as humanly possible.

Thanks /x/.
>>
I'm not sure exactly how to word this.
In my experience, trains of thought form self-reinforcing feedback loops. Like, the more one focuses on something, the easier it becomes to focus on, and the more the mind automatically does so. The upside is this can be done purposefully. "Where focus goes, energy flows."
This may or may not be helpful; it's just an observation on the human mind.
>>
>>19383355
That's part of what's broke, my subconscious SHOULD be mostly subservient to what I want and what I'm trying to focus on. However, it constantly does the opposite and favors what I try to avoid. Partly, I know it would be wrong to just push things into the back of my mind, even if I could, but there comes a point where I am acutely aware of how bad it really is, I'm always tired, thinking about loss and failures, worried, on edge in conversation, and all but sense or hear an entity that is trying to save me by suggesting how much easier it is to avoid everything to not add problems to my list. I'm not driven to suicide, but I also don't really have a survival instinct beyond air and sustenance. I feel like I am some miserable mutant that needs to die off for everyone else to not be slowed by me.

I already use meds, creating voluntary receptor pathways is likely my only chance.
>>
>>19383336
SSRIs are designed to screw you up. Pharmaceuticals prescribed by psychologists are all designed to create the diagnoses they treat. If you've been on them for a while, don't be surprised if the damage is permanent.
>>
>>19384522
Note: I was on nearly all the SSRIs of the '90s as a kid. Since I feel no joy, I had to decide that I want to exist only to satisfy my curiosity. When that becomes impossible, I have a 12g retirement plan at the ready. There is nothing to fear but boredom and confinement.
>>
>>19384522
Does that mean there's nothing that can help depression and mental illness? I've been on different SSRIs and MAOIs for the past 5 years and none of them have done shit to help.
>>
>>19383336
>I posted this advice on a similar call for help thread
Stop giving your affection to just anything. Even any thoughtform. You may trade affection for things or you may let someone try to earn your affection... but don't just give your affection unto any feeling... don't just give your power away

It's why you're depressed. People don't see you as a real person because you refuse to use the power you seek. My girlfriend dumped me because I was suicidal, so it was either do or die for me.
>>
>>19383425
Its the struggle of the ego to differentiate a stable identity. However, your subconscious is as much a part of you as your conscious mind. Your conscious is not superior in intellect it was born from the ingredients in your subconscious. You need to come to terms with the other part of yourself, nurture its love and health.
>>
>>19383425
Sounds like you're trying to deny all placebos in your life

I would try accepting placebos in baby steps because you're gonna have to use some reverse reverse psychology if you can't get your regular reverse psychology under your thumb
>>
>>19383336
Your power is your affection for the thing you are paying attention to, so if you are just lettig this affectionate attention leak out and go where fucking ever, you are powerless. Savvy?
>>
>>19384557

THIS.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.