[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RITUALS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: altar.jpg (2MB, 3510x2336px) Image search: [Google]
altar.jpg
2MB, 3510x2336px
post your pagan/heaten/wiccan/.... rituals and if possible altar, also weird experciences you had while practicing. pic is mine. im into germanic paganism.

i start by lighting some incense, then i call upon a god of my chosing. i give a sacrifice of ale and food and commence meditating. i do this for a good half an hour and then end with a drink and a piece of food, as if i was sharing. i leave the food and ale for a couple of days and then throw it in my yard so nature can consume the rest of it. weirdest thing that happened was, i was "praying" to Odin once and my mind got clouded the whole time and i could hear a voice saying over and over again if you want my attention you will need to bring me blood.
>>
How do you use those rune disks?
I've been thinking of making a set, but I'm not sure what to do with them.
Also, how do you ensure randomness over time if they're not all identical?
>>
>>19383254
personally, i think its really important you make the runes yourself. i got out, got a couple of three branches and cut them into disks, then i painted the runes. i take them in my hands and shuffle them. i ask certain questions, cast the runes and see what they tell me. i look for the ones who are most grouped together and tend to only pay attention to those. for example, i once asked if we should make a kid and the runes casted seperation, disruption and constraint. now im not saying that i based my choice on that BUT it did match with what i was feeling at the time.
>>
>>19383263
Oh, I see what you mean.
Coming from a cartomancy background I was imagining a different system of randomization, but I can see how with that type of casting it wouldn't matter if all the disks are identical in size and shape.
>>
>>19383279
it is key to understand that it is not tradition to ask the gods for help or to ask them for what you want in norse/germanic believes. you ask them for strength to do it yourself, or for the wisdom to do it yourself. guidance more than actual help.
>>
>>19383298
Makes sense.
Guidance is useful in it's own right.
>>
I sacrifice a pizza to my fireplace every weekend.
>>
>>19383298
>it is key to understand that it is not tradition to ask the gods for help or to ask them for what you want in norse/germanic believes.

how were you praying then?
>>
>>19383358
read my friend.... if you want something you have to do it yourself, you can only ask for strenght/insight to achieve your goal, not ask them to do it for you.
>>
>>19383317
>wasting pizza
You monster.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.