[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you pursuing spiritual enlightenment? Personally started

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: djtjrjsrt.jpg (159KB, 736x528px) Image search: [Google]
djtjrjsrt.jpg
159KB, 736x528px
Are you pursuing spiritual enlightenment?
Personally started inquiring yesterday and it was hard as hell. I'm motivated to stay on the path no matter what though.
>>
File: Alan_Watts.jpg (71KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
Alan_Watts.jpg
71KB, 850x400px
>>19383123
Keep in pursuit.
>>
>>19383123
it's the easiest thing in the world
>>
Yes, Platonic enlightenment. Don't bother with Eastern bullshit like Buddarkenment (Buddhist endarkenment) other than perhaps some of their internal energy theories like in Yoga and Qi Gong which do apparently have some truth, but a lot of outdated/superstitious/false mythology added on
>>
>>19383123
there is no enlightenment
>>
>>19383123
Wake up, jeff!!
I am pursuing spiritual enlightenment.
How did you start enquiring man?
What led you to take this path in life and why are you so motivated?
What do you suspect you will find and what have you found so far?
Hope you are still around op
>>
>>19383247
>Buddarkenment (Buddhist endarkenment)

and this folks, is the stupid shit you get when you ask for enlightenment on /x/
>>
>>19383329
>How did you start enquiring man?

By focusing on my awareness and trying to pinpoint what I think/believe I am. I just started so I expect to run into several dead ends with this technique.

>What led you to take this path in life and why are you so motivated?

Getting into personal development and eventually into spirituality. I'am so motivated because I think getting an enlightenment experience is the peak thing a human can do in a lifetime

>What do you suspect you will find and what have you found so far?

So far i've found out that the sense of self that i have makes no sense and is full of contradictions. I expect (or hope) to eventually get enlightened and find out who I truly am. There are several ways to phrase what im trying to find out but simply "truth of my being" is the simples one
>>
OP continue on your way, trust only yourself, and constantly check your thoughts, actions amd beliefs. This is easily the most important thing in your life, and it's neither easy nor hard - it just IS.

>>19383247
This is bait.
>>
Yes, Gnosis or direct revelation from the divine.
After 10 years, I have progressed on my journey enough to realize what is required for success. Basically you must live a holy life, like a christian monk in a monastery, giving away all your wealth and spending your time helping the poor. You see, you must be pure in heart and poor in spirit to witness God.
>>
>>19383247
Western ego-centric bullshit
>>
I've got alot of fucked out dreams, almost all of them about the future, some details minute and others that could make anyone go insane.
>>
It all started when i was 18 years old, it was a friday night in early june. i went to bed at around 9pm, fell asleep pretty quick, but woke up even quicker, lying in sand. (i live in the mountains, nearest deserts is hundreds of kms away.)
>>
I kept my eyes closed because i was scared fucking shitless, within a minute i decided to slowly open them, way too much adrenalin to stay still for much longer,
>>
>>19383571
>holy life, like a christian monk in a monastery,
lol
good luck with that idiot
>>
as i opened them i was blinded by white light, but over a short period my eyes adjusted and i stood up to look around.
>>
>>19383676
"You are lacking one thing, take what wealth you have and give to the poor."
"You shall be as a servant to man."
"I was hungry/thirsty/etc and you did not help me."
>>
there was no sun in the sky, just light coming from every direction, as if everthing produced it's own light in it's own colour, this includes the sand, literally. i turn 90 degrees to the left to see whats around, just sand, rocks, dirt, some shrubs.
>>
i keep looking around then i see a boulder the size of a van, and leaning against the boulder is what looks like another human. we make eye contact, my entire being, my very essence shuddered, it felt like i was being ripped apart from the inside out.i instanlty drop to the ground and curl into the fetal position screaming inaudibly.
>>
then i hear a voice in my ear and in my mind, "Are you Finished?" i instantly become calm, as though my emotions are being controlled by whatever the fuck this thing is. i walk directly towards the being, it's still leaning casually against the boulder. two thoughts enter my mind as i'm reaching this thing, "it has no gender, and this human like form is not what it really looks like."
>>
we come face to face, it's about a foot taller than me and i'm 6 ft. it speaks to me, "You asked to know what is going to happen, and now, I am going to show you." It put it's hand to my forehead and i was blinded again by white light, but then thousands of images flashed into my brain, multitudes of voices calling to me with the threads of fate. when it ended, it felt like i had been awake for 7 days. the being removed it's hand i gasped and swallowed i asked "what was that?" and it said "now you know." all of a sudden i woke up in my bed gasping for air.
>>
>>19383123
I am not pursuing enlightenment, and choose only to feed my ego as it is the best thing in the universe
>>
>>19383687
wow u r enlite now. also u r cool
>>
>>19383123

Pursuing? No.
The pursuit is over. The goal is attained. It isn't as big of a deal as everyone makes it out to be. Really fundamentally simple, really.
I am you.
There is no distinction.
There is no time.
Good and evil are nonsense. An enlightened person has no use for or interest in morality.
The affairs of this spatio-temporal existence are all illusory and none of them accurately reflect reality.

The Knowledge is the easy part. The Conversation is harder (the first time).
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.