[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on LaVey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: TheSatanicBible.jpg (8KB, 210x346px) Image search: [Google]
TheSatanicBible.jpg
8KB, 210x346px
>The Nine Satanic Statements
>The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth
>The Nine Satanic Sins

What are your thoughts on them /x/? What are your arguments for or against them? If you're not familiar with the Statements, Rules, or Sins, they're all listed on the Church Of Satan's website, under the Theory/Practice Section.
http://www.churchofsatan.com/
>>
>>19382967
Fake Satanists from my experience. Seek o9a
>>
>>19382967
Edgy mentally preteen dried cum smelling fedoralords.
Expect to be called m'lady.
>>
Lavey is diet Ayn rand.

It's what you give teens when you want them to vote Republican after the edgy teenage bullshit phase is over. It works shockingly well in this regard.
>>
File: very poor coloration.png (467KB, 566x696px) Image search: [Google]
very poor coloration.png
467KB, 566x696px
>>19382967
He wasn't the first troll, but he was one of the greatest

Also Zeena a cute
>>
a book of disappointments

just some sex obsessed dude wrote a book
>>
I'm not asking about LaVeyan Satanists or Satanism at all. I'm asking specifically about the Statements, Rules, and Sins and what the arguments for or against them are.
>>
>>19383516
Thanks for the tip. I'll take a look at them. What's a good starting point for them?
>>
>>19383580
Fair enough. Talk to me about the Objectivist Ideas in LaVeyan Satanism then. Can you tell me where I can find good critique about it?
>>
>>19383955
http://www.o9a.org
http://www.davidmyatt.info
>>
>>19382967
Anton LaGay can suck this dick
>>
>>19383516
>>19383522
>>19383580
>>19383580
>>19383697
LaVeyan Satanism is hyper-edge liberalism.
>muhhh satan isnt real we are just being SYMBOLIC

Such a pile of atheistic garbage halts true progression through occultism or enlightenment
>>
>>19385025
>hyper-edge liberalism
lol what? Most actual practicing LaVeyans are conservative-leaning. Ayn Rand and Max Stirner were major influences FFS.
>>
>>19382967
LaVey is severely misunderstood, even by his own followers. The COS was nothing but an elaborate parody religion that was meant to get people to see the silliness of detailed rituals and other aspects or organized religion by inverting them and throwing them back at the masses. He intentionally sought out controversy in order to make his Christian right critics look hypocritical. Looking back on old records and footage from the church's early years makes it apparent that he was basically just playing around.
>>
>>19386019
Yes yes yes I know LaVeyan Satanists are edgelords that just took the name to troll Christians. Now can you actually answer the question I asked? My question isn't about the man or the group. My question is about those tenets I specified and whether or not any of them are any good.
>>
File: dino ride.jpg (53KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
dino ride.jpg
53KB, 750x500px
His book reads at a middle school level and contains nothing of value.
>>
>>19386329
Alright, good. What is it about the tenets I pointed out that makes them worthless? Are they all pointless? And if so, why?
>>
>>19386335
Dude I just read a page and it was nothing but angry rantings and shitty prose. The fact that it's published and commonly known and NOBODY LEARNED ANYTHING FROM IT is fact enough that it's bullshit. fucking fake and gay bullshit.
I have an old copy from like the 80's and it's cool but I'm going to give it back to the guy I borrowed it from.
>>
>>19386335
Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
When in another's lair, show them respect or else do not go there.
If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
Do not harm little children.
Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them
not that poster,
3/11 you should't really do to begin with
5/11 are more like guidelines and shouldn't exactly be rules
2/11 are just edgy
and 1/11 is just retarded

but ignore my opinions, lets hear why you like them so much
>>
>>19382967
>Thoughts on LaVey
His birth name was Howard Stanton Levy, that much I know. And he was born of Jewish parentage.
>>
>>19386354
I don't really care what you think about the Satanic Bible cause that's not what I'm asking about. In my very first post I told you where you could find those specific things I was asking about (The Statements, Rules, and Sins).

All I'm asking is whether or not anyone here thinks there's anything to them (independently of the movement or it's founder). And why they think so.

Dear god guy, at no point does anyone responding to this thread have to have read the book itself or have been convinced by it. I'm just asking you to read the things I asked about, give me your opinion on them, and why you came to the conclusion you did.

I've said it multiple times now, I don't care how you feel about LaVey, LaVeyan Satanism, or The Satanic Bible. I'm asking how you feel about the points I asked about, and why you feel that way. You can totally separate the entire movement from these points and look at them as statements by themselves, and give me your honest opinion on them.

Here's an example:

Satanic Statement 1: "Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence"

Okay, so take the whole Satanist thing out of it altogether (it's not what I'm asking about anyways), and tell me what you think. Is indulgence or abstinence the better virtue and why?
>>
>>19386380
I don't like them so much. I'm not sure one way or another, that's why I'm asking you guys for your opinion.
>>
>>19386380
And thanks for actually telling me why you feel that way.
>>
>>19382967
hes a fraud
>>
>>19385820
Look at the modern movement and the activists. They protest in support of planned parenthood and muh weed all the time. They're libertarian at most.
>>
>>19386407
A golden median is the better virtue. Middle Path is the way.
>>
>>19389421
>Satanists support killing babies
>want you to smoke weed
Seems like typical satanist behavior to me.
>>
>>19389456
Do you call an "egg" a "chicken," too?
>>
>>19389456
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack.
>>
>>19386294
Its got some good aspects or ideas but its ultimately destructive. Mark passion does some good work on it. He used to be one
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FUDdOR618xE
Can't discuss cause I forgot what its mostly about sorry but this videos will give you a good idea
>>
>>19389597
Mark Passio is the Alex Jones of The Occult.
>>
>>19382967
The total Destruction of the psychic vampire is the only thing you should take from this book
>>
>>19382967
>Religion is bad and wants to take your money!
>Charges you 200 dollars to join the church of laveyan satanism
>>
>>19382967

>> What are your arguments for or against them?

Just repackaging of Ayn Rand's 'Objectivism', just written by an even bigger sophist with far less command of the English language (despite being a native speaker, compared to Rand) and a lot more polemics against the straw man he makes western civilization and its Judeo Christian pillars out to be, versus what they indeed are.

In other words, for dumb people with no developed base in philosophy, ethics, and morality, that suddenly want to jump into a deep end of having a practice of 'edgy' spirituality, and settle for fortune cookie level horse shit to give it too them pre chewed.
>>
>>19382967
It's a guidebook to a 15 year old rebel's ego-based religion.
>>
>>19382967
hi. real COS member here. having been part of the church since the late 90's, there have been lots of discussions and arguments about what you're asking, both in internally and from external sources like this place. i know i should be capitalizing and punctuating and spell checking, but i don't give a shit. deal with it.

the original nine satanic statements are a solid bedrock of satanic thought and can be lived as a way of life all by themselves. i have no argument or problem with any of them. it can be seen as babby's first satanic redpill.

the rules of the earth, however, were written mostly to counter negative attention (hurrrrrr but ther'es a chapter about the debate of human sacrifice/babies/animals) and to set straight alot of how many of the original 9 statements could be misconstrued, or interpreted in a way that would be ostensibly negative. "crowley said do what thou wilt... umm, except this, this, and this, don't do this, and stop fucking doing that. it's literally "The 11 Backpedaling Rules To Cover Our Asses".

and then we're left with the nine satanic sins. holy shit where do i start with those. it's pretty much "hey don't be an idiot, and all that shit about 'satanists are the highest form of human life!' goes out the window, now you're expected to be humble and be a fedora trenchcoat neckbeard or dress like a rockabilly 50's pin up girl, all the while completely contradicting its own rules and past rules in the same set. it's a clusterfuck of cross-talk.

if you look at all of hte statements, laws, and sins as a whole; to follow all of this to the letter leaves you with literally one option: to look, act, think, dress, and be exactly like lavey himself. what you are left with is a personality cult where everyone just wants to cosplay as lavey, while pretending to have magical powers, and that no matter what they do, everything they say, do, think, or write is somehow philosophical gold.

that's pretty much it.
>>
>>19385025
that's the same conclusion i came to many years ago. i am still a COS member, however. "HURR DURRR WERE SATANISTS BUT WE DONT BELIEVE IN SATAN". how unbelivably fucking stupid. i've tried to change people's viewpoints on this but i inevitably run into "BUT LAVEY SAID X SO THATS HOW IT IS". it's literally the same as arguing with christians with their cyclic logic, even when other evidence, new evidence, or anything outside of the status quo is introduced. its incredibly harmful to everything but they still operate this way.
>>
>>19390762
Sounds like how Christianity started, but they got stuck at the backpedaling stage and now somehow everything is a sin.
>>
>>19385820
>actual practicing LaVeyans are conservative-leaning

wut. put down the meth pipe and re-think that statement. satanists are by their very nature, at best solidly centrist, or very hard left leaning. i know the COS likes to paint itself as well-to-do millionaires who control the world or some shit, but the reality is that the people who are part of the church are alternative lifestyle people who see convervatism as oppressive. they can show all the posterboys they want who look exactly like lavey, but the meat and potatoes of the COS are mostly fatasses who can't walk a mile, heavily abuse drugs, and have so many piercings their face looks like a tackle box. convervative leaning? i think not, sir.
>>
>>19386019
that's always been the cover story. in the beginning, it was really about satanism. then they were forced to switch it up. at the same time, lavey was a knon huckster, liar, thief, and charlaton carnival carny.

"step right up and cast a destruction spell on you're enemy. it will totally work, and you'll get revenge. but wait, there's more! you can cast a lust spell and fuck any girl you want and you'll be banging models tomorrow. and just to show you we mean business, you can cast a compassion spell on yourself to give yourself unlimited money, just buy my book for $6, it pays for itself!"

it's literally that. fuck all of what you've heard about "hurr durr we're just making fun of catholic/christian rituals, it's just a prank bro". fuck off with that shit, you should know better.
>>
>>19382967
He's a disrespectful little gobshitte that wanted to be an edgey atheist. Shaitan does not approve
>>
>>19390802

anon are you retarded, or have no idea what conservative is meaning here? The other anon is meaning the way conservative actually makes sense, being the political philosophical one, which is the state not having a say in how anyone lives their lives, whether for or against. The anon is talking the difference between 'posotive' liberty which is given and protected by the state, and 'negative' liberty where because we all leave one another the fuck alone, no one has to grant or protect shit until someone, including the state, tries to infer on those liberties.
>>
>>19390906
i have no idea what you just said.
>>
Lavey was a failing musician who wanted a way to get money for his broke ass so he made a religion and in the process spit in the face of not only true Satanism but satan himself
>>
The church of satan was started by a jew named anton lavey. The orginal philosophy they practiced was pretty much ripped off from ayn rand. It is not spiritual.
The modern church of Satan are no doubt liberal modernists and larpers thinking they are edgy instead of cringy.

If you have an actual interest in satan or theistic satanism, avoid that kike church at all costs
>>
>>19390762
Thanks so much for your perspective. I appreciate that you took the time to write out how the different groups of ideas mix with each other (or how they clash).
>>
>>19383580
>t's what you give teens when you want them to vote Republican

are you mentallly retarded?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.