[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moloch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: moloch.gif (112KB, 319x561px) Image search: [Google]
moloch.gif
112KB, 319x561px
Tell me about moloch!

I have read the entire wikipedia page about him and would like to know more

Was worship of Moloch real?
Is worship of Moloch supported by archaeological evidence?
What are some good books on the subject?
>>
File: 1458586107777.png (595KB, 500x610px) Image search: [Google]
1458586107777.png
595KB, 500x610px
If you understood what you read you should know that Moloch is not his name its a title given to him that means King.

He is represented as a Bull because in the old world a Lord, Ruler or Master was seen as a Bull. Called a Baal or Bel.

It was Enlil who ruled under the sign of the Bull aka Taurus.

And his symbol is the Gugalanna.

The Great Bull of Heaven.
>>
Moloch?
Moloch was a bitch.
Key word: Was.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (45KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
45KB, 480x360px
If you disobeyed your Moloch he would put you in a Brazen Bull.

Then light a fire underneath and smoke would start to billow out of the Bulls Nostrils along with your death screams.
>>
Not only was Moloch worship real, but it continues to this day. Quite publicly actually. The idol they burn an effigy under at Bohemian Grove is made to represent Moloch. Supposedly, Moloch is also the god that they sacrifice children to, or at least one of the gods.

Look up the Cremation of Care to understand the meaning of Moloch
>>
>>19380714
I know him personally,well knew him personally AMA.
>>
>>19380724
This is correct. I'm the man who put him down actually.
>>
File: Inanna.jpg (879KB, 800x1085px) Image search: [Google]
Inanna.jpg
879KB, 800x1085px
>>19380753

Close but its an Owl not a Bull at the Grove.

And the Owl is a Goddess Symbol.

People are equating it with Moloch because its based Ancient Mesopotamian and they just dont fully understand it all.
>>
>>19380770
Salutations to you sir.
Did he beg? Did he scream as the life was snuffed out of him?
>>
>>19380775
He had no chance to. it was a sneak attack.was dead before he knew it.
>>
>>19380796
I certainly can't complain about that.
>>
>>19380773
The owl is Minerva, correct?
>>
>>19380798
Yeah,Princes take a while to die but he couldn't do anything except die.
>>
>>19380810
There is... one little detail left unanswered, though.
Didn't he sit on some damn council? Some round table of evil gods? Who fills that seat?
>>
>>19380838
He was actually not a god just pretended to be one. He was a demon, a Prince of Hell. He wouldn't have had a seat that would of been Baal who is still alive. And I didn't know of a round table of evil gods but I'll look into it.
>>
>>19380858
It's been a long night, I might be getting my mythology mixed up.
>>
>>19380865
Well I mean he was viewed as a god by the Caanaites but he's actually Prince Errant of Hell, a demon.You are a hunter I assume?
>>
>>19380874
No, I'm no hunter.
>>
>>19380878
Whats your story?
>>
>>19380714
>Was worship of Moloch real?
Is that really your question?
Why wouldn't it be real?
You can worship a plastic bag.

Don't you want to know if Moloch is real?
Then you should know the symbolism of the Bull. Only them you can decide if in you opinion it was a logical thing to do for those who did.
Believes and rituals all have to do with motivation.
What motivates one to honor something or someone? That is what it comes down to, not if the deity is real. Of course it is real, it has a name, right? So, to some it is a memory or emotional connection. That makes it more real then unreal.
Does Jesus exist? You know his fucking name, even the story about his mom being a virgin, so yes, he or it has a place in our existence.
Am I motivated to honor Jesus? Fucking Christ, hell no! But I know people will talk about the fuckface every now and then.
That's how reality goes.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.