[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: 1501549218678.jpg (90KB, 526x701px) Image search: [Google]
1501549218678.jpg
90KB, 526x701px
Is magic real I love the idea of it but i haven't really seen it first hand.

Can any one tell me more about it
>>
>>19378425
1 part emotion, 1 part meditation/hypnosis, 1 part Fibonacci, 1 part gravity
>>
>>19378425
Only if you believe in friendship
>>
>>19378425
You haven't seen it first hand because it isn't real outside of this board.
>>
>>19378456
Good thing he's posting on the wellspring of all magic then. OP, you've come to the right place. Even shills acknowledge that magic is real on /x/.
>>
>>19378469
Shills? Like Neil deGrasse Tyson and Bill Nye
>>
Depends on what u mean I suppose. I did the occult thing for a while, something like 10 years. There's a lot of material out there for u to absorb if u want to get into it. I started with Liber Null by Peter Caroll, and I'd say that's as good a starting point as any.

Few things to remember:
1, Magic is pretty much just intense meditation that causes change when ur done with it. Maybe it causes something "unnatural" to happen but that's so absurdly hard to pull off and kinda pointless anyway when there's more important things u could be doing. It's still just meditation tho.

2,By the time ur able to commune with a spirit, ur probably good enough to not need to make any kind of faustian pact, nevermind that such a thing is dumb af anyway and also there's no way to find out if the spirits/demons/gods u talk to are actual entities or just shards of humanity that exist within everyone.

3, gut feeling is probably the most important part of magic, everything from designing rituals/sigils to what ur actual intent is to what path u choose to even bothering studying it in the first place all rely on u following ur instinct to produce any actual results.

4, no path is any more valid than another, but some are less likely to produce results. an example would be that astrology is dumb af because u can blame ur failures on the stars not being right, and invoking a deity or guardian spirit is less useful than drawing power from an infinite source, because u can just handwave ur failures as being in that spirit/deity's disfavor.

5, always perform a banishing ritual before u do anything.
>>
It is real, but it is more like manipulation of senses. Mind control and brainwashing are good examples.
>>
>>19378506
What I want to know is what is magic good for? What do we do with it?
>>
>>19378502
How do you think those guys make science make sense? Do you think science just naturally makes sense? Fucking no, they come here to /x/ to get enough magic to MAKE science work.
>>
>>19378521
They're examples of shills i honestly don't give a shit about science I used to like neil because of Cosmos, after neil said gmo's are good i just thought about how much of a sellout he became and bill nye i never really cared about him either he's just another example of a sellout.
>>
>>19378518

Do u not understand what magic is or something?

Like what u just said made as much sense to me as "man I don't know what u could ever use water for. What do we do with it?"

Most people use magic for self exploration and to aid in their daily life. that's the truth, for whatever reason. Mostly cuz it's really hard to actually pull off stuff that have poor odds of occurring naturally. Literally magic 101 right there. Like yeah I suppose it would be possible to summon a demon and get superpowers but 1, why would a demon appear to someone who isn't very skilled in magic? 2, why would a demon grant that power to anyone at all, like what do u have to offer for it? 3, what demon would be capable of wielding that power? 4, do demons even exist, in the classical sense? 5, why would u do something so incredibly stupid, when u know the price would be more than ur willing to pay?

nah most people use magic for stuff like banishing intrusive thoughts or granting themselves focus in mundane tasks like writing music or smth like that. it happens to be super fucking useful for that sort of thing.

yeah u can also use it for something like having better odds that the qt u wanna fuck accepts ur invitation to dinner and a movie (do people even do that any more?) or whatever, but really most people use it for self exploration or stuff like that.

the more practical stuff in magic is like banishing rituals, defense, or divination.
>>
>>19378538
>gmo's are good
He probably just felt some kind of moronic moral obligation to pretend they were good lest the research get shut down because nobody actually wants to deal with it.
>>
>>19378541
Jesus, dude, calm down and get your head out of your own ass. I just asked a question because I know nothing, don't got to act so arrogant, dude. Just wanted to know magic's practical uses and limitations. You hear people on this board claim that they do this or that, but really never state how, or, more importantly, why. It's always, "How do I get the succ?" or "If I study such and such, will I be granted the ability to talk to something?".

Don't gotta be so rude, man.
>>
>>19378597

yo I didn't mean it like that. It' s just a weird question to ask. I don't really spend a lot of time on this board and idk what the people here claim they do, I'd assume it's nonsense anyway cuz the only reason I come here is to laugh at conspiracy theories.

I've mentioned the practical stuff and what it's primarily used for, if u wanna hear about limitations I'd say ur only really limited by ur own ability to pull whatever ur trying to do off.

How it's done: u reach a state of mind, like a very distinct trance-like state that I've always been told is called "gnosis" but idk if there's a better word for it. Tbh u can reach it through nothing more than regular focused meditation, but actually utilizing it to cause a change somewhere is another story entirely.

Why it's done: same reason people pray for things other than like selfish gain. Like if u pray to god for the strength to resist temptation, I don't see the difference between that and a proper occult ritual designed for that purpose other than the ritual is probably gonna actually work.
>>
>>19378425
>>19378597
An example of magic in action is a television advertisement.

How do you get people to sacrifice their hard earned labour wealth in exchange for toxic garbage, shiny fragile plastics, the latest version of something they already own that works fine?
How do you get people to do what is bad for themselves?

By casting a spell on them!:
By inducing a thought into their heads.
By telling and showing them that they'll finally experience that divine satisfaction they eternally crave by the simple act of giving me money!
>>
>>19378649
That's just advertising. Read the book Propaganda by Edward Bernays. He lays out exactly how post WW1 people that worked in allied propaganda formed some of the first advertising agencies.
>>
>>19378657
Yes, another name for one specific branch of magic.
>>
>>19378649
By influencing their screaming children.
>>
>>19378643
I see, thanks man. Sounds interesting.

>>19378649
Sounds like something Alan Moore would say.
>>
>>19378661
Wait, how is advertising magic? Are you suggesting that magic is just being clever enough to influence people?

You are correct about putting thoughts into people's heads. For example Bernay's sold a certain brand of piano. Instead of hyping up the piano, he starting putting out ads the normalized the idea of a music room. Made it seem that if you were a middle class family it was embarrassing not to have a music room. So one thing that someone would have in a music room is a piano, so a person gets what they think is an original thought in their head, it was their idea to buy the piano, not that they were convinced by someone else to buy it.
>>
>>19378683

What is magic if not the clever use of influence?
>>
>>19378661
Is callling it magic how you justify being overpaid for knowing and using small pieces of knowledge about the human psyche that any regard could learn on a lazy Sunday?
>>
>>19378692
>>19378695

Well actually, a formal definition is "a change in consciousness induced by will" or something like it.
It's just that this has many applications. Being a true master of advertising is one.

I don't get paid :(
I'm just a amateur, I learnt on a lazy Saturday.
>>
>>19378692
Bullshit, now you're just making shit up. If it was just being clever then why the fuck do people lock themselves in dark rooms talking about sacred geometry and doing rituals?

I think none of you really know what the Hell magic is for since no one seems to have a direct explanation of what it is supposed to accomplish.
>>
Modern iterations of magic are intentionally flashy for a reason - because we cannot achieve them in our ordinary lives, thus magic is not real.

Consider we all perform magic every day. Those who claim it is just one thing are wrong. Magic is emotion, intent, mental clarity, and some sympathetic effort. We all perform magic every day, attracting to us what we put out into the world.

You can have all sorts of good, focused, and meditative thoughts... but if you're eating shit food and caught up in one of the many fake pitfalls of this world, you're not gonna get what you want. You will get what you need... until your mind and body and actions are in stasis as one.
>>
>>19378649
"This is a real meal!! Real meal!!! Real meal!! Good food!!!"

Sound familiar?
>>
>>19378707
What the hell does that even mean? It's like you're being ambiguous on purpose to give off the illusion you're cryptic and wise.
>>
>>19378705
It accomplishes what you want it to.

Those who are impatient, aggressive, and refuse to ponder ideas will never see their magic (will and consciousness) focused. It will manifest all around them, but in inconvenience or illness or bad event after another.

It's almost like they're being told over and over again that there's a right track they should have been on had they not gotten distracted since childhood... had their Ego not grown so large.
>>
>>19378701
It's not magic it's parasitism you fuck
>>
>>19378720
Okay then. A series of simple questions.

Do you practice magic, yes or no?
If you practice magic, which form of magic do you practice? How do you practice it and how much? What do you hope to accomplish by practicing magic? Have you gotten noticeable results from practicing magic, if so what? Are there other forms of magic that you don't practice but are aware of, such as the ability to shoot fireballs, summon entities, or levitate shit?
>>
>>19378714
You have a neutral state that began at birth. Society acted as a positive (scientific positive, not "good" positive) force upon that neutral state, bringing about the negative reaction that is the Ego.

Magic is will and consciousness. That means magic is what you think.

But above all else, magic is taming the Ego and stopping it from distracting us from all the proof of our magic in our own lives.
>>
>>19378736
"Modern iterations of magic are intentionally flashy for a reason."
>>
>>19378738
This is an example of the Polarity Process seen in electrical flow, the atom, and so much else.

Polarity Theory states that it is the natural reaction for the negative effect to always circle back to e neutral state it once began in.

It is nature for us to destroy (tame) our Ego. When we do not, the Polarity is disrupted, and we are slapped on the wrist as many times as needed.
>>
>>19378741
So you're just going to flat out refuse to answer anything. Got it.
>>
File: pHV2lc0.jpg (64KB, 547x390px) Image search: [Google]
pHV2lc0.jpg
64KB, 547x390px
>>19378726
It's magic used for parasitism, those fucks.

>>19378705
>>19378714
I'll try being concrete.

Magic is NOT hovering cups, nor summoning gold bricks, nor signing a flaming contract from a horned goatman, nor making sparkles out of thin air, nor swirly eyed hypnotism as shown in cartoons.

Magic IS a physical and mental exercise regimen that is designed to change yourself (and therefore the world) for the sake of achieving a goal.
This goal must be literally obtainable (such as owning a mansion, finding your soul mate, mastering a skill, leading a nation, finding enlightened peace, etc.) but you don't need to know HOW to obtain it, for that's the job of the magic.

A magic spell/ritual is designed/chosen based on the changes it will induce.
Want to be able to focus at work better? the spell looks like sitting down in simple meditation.
Want to get the girl? the spell involves acting in front of a mirror after a meditation.

The magic or spell is a ritual of body and mind that acts to focus and direct your consciousness. It directs your attention, your imagination, your desires and your will towards that singular goal thereby changing you into the being that can achieve it.

What does this look like?
Focusing on the girl you want. Know exactly her look, smell, personality etc. and know what man you must be for her to find you attractive - in speech and appearance and morals and job etc.
The spell/ritual is performed often, like going to the gym to build muscles, to alter you and reality so that you are now resonant with any women that matches your specifications so that now, when you are going about your life as normal, when this any woman matching your designs enters your life you will instantly notice and attract her.

Or at least this is what I've put together from light Saturday readings.
Am I close fellow magicians?
>>
>>19378759
So basically magic is just a self-help book? I don't know why you need draw magical symbols before going to lift weights, but whatever. At least I got an answer.
>>
File: 1484383820945.jpg (590KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1484383820945.jpg
590KB, 1920x1200px
>>19378769
Well, it is not just self help, because for it to work it needs to tap into the power of the grand unconscious, and that doesn't use rational linguistics that we use to communicate here now, it uses ancient symbolism and emotive power mostly unknown to the modern man.
>>
Next time you brush your teeth, don't use toooaste. Just water, pure as you can find.

Use your toothbrush as normal. Clear your mind of anything that is not your dental hygiene--that particular moment. Always ponder the moment.

Congratulations, you just performed magic. You didn't even need toothpaste full of chemicals that solidify in parts of the body and brain. You just needed your focused thought, your related action in brushing, and your wand--toothbrush--to aid in the sympathetic exchange between thought and will.

We perform magic every day. We have just been taught not to think of it as such.
>>
>>19378780
Okay, but for example you and I both like a girl. So we both decided to hit the gym but before hand you meditate and draw some runes or whatever. I do not do this. Does this mean you'll get the girl because you used magic, or is the act of lifting weights a part of the magical ritual? Would I have also been practicing magic without realizing it?
>>
Magic is asking favours from hell, if you do not have a nearby friend in hell, you do not have magic. Anybody who says you're communicating intent to the universe is a fuckign liar.
>>
>>19378787
I mistyped, I meant going to the gym builds muscle just as magic rituals build change in consciousness. The gym has nothing to do with the spell in my example (but it could).

And yes, the magic user would get the girl because he'd have an advantage: he is more prepared, more aligned with her already, needs less time to get to know her etc.

>>19378789
Some magic is asking favours from heaven, by summoning Jesus
>>
>>19378794
How did people focus their will and intent before Jesus of Nazareth lived?

How do people who never grow up with the Christian narrative achieve mastery of their mind and manifestation?

Think twice when you read posts that discredit others and try to confine an idea to a restrictive box. Christianity is one of the things that, historically, killed our race's broad understanding of "magic."
>>
>>19378801
What?
They focused on their culture's mythological hero and asked him for favours, and he was replaced by Christ later.
(I'm not claiming that Christianity is The One Truth Religion, nor that it didn't do harm.)
Others focused on the celestial bodies, the Sun, the stars and the constellations for their magical sources.
Others knew the Mind to be the ground source for all magics...
The magic survived through all these times.
What do you think I'm saying?
>>
>>19378814
I think you said what you said!

Apologies for confusion. My reply was not directed at you, just meant to follow the context of your post and that which you replied to. Beings are pushing the Christian narrative on /x/, relying upon modern esoterism's tendency to discount anything explained through the Christ lense.
>>
>>19378794
>summoning Jesus

So summoning a hellish being?
>>
>>19378649
we have a word for that. it's called psychology. ironically, calling it "magic" seems like marketing gimmick in and of itself.
>>
>>19379009
But... you... you just referenced one of science's biggest marketing gimmicks...

Oh the irony, it's great.
>>
File: IMG_4288.jpg (276KB, 919x688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4288.jpg
276KB, 919x688px
>>19379009
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.