[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/ please help me...I think I have psychic dreams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: rift.jpg (256KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
rift.jpg
256KB, 600x597px
I don't know where else to go with this shit right now, but I think I'm losing it.../x/ please, please help me!

> be me, in college 16 years ago
> also work for student-run university bus system
> wake-up for super early shift, 5:30 am PST
> remember a strange dream, I never remember my dreams
> I dreamed I was in a tall skyscraper, so tall I could feel it sway
> freak-out and drop to my knees
> later in the dream, I see some tall buildings by the waterfront
> tell gf about it, still half asleep, get dressed and go to work
> some chatter on the radio, something weird happened in New York with a building
> too tired to focus on it, just drive and have a smoke
> get to the bus pad, nobody is checking out their bus, nothing is running
> walk into dispatch, everyone is watching the TV in horror
> its the morning of Sept 11th, 2001, and the Twin Towers are on fire

Suffice to say, that one fucked me up for some time. I didn't have any further premonitions...at least none that were credible, because for a year after, off and on I would get worried over every nightmare, weird dream, day dream, random thought, or stomach gas attack. "Holy shit am I psychic? Did I really dream so-and-so died?!? Oh my god I have to get a hold of them, I have to save them!"

Nothing else came true. It became something of a sick joke for me. Fast forward to present day...
>>
> July 25th, 2017
> I wake up with my heart pounding, feeling of panic & despair
> I dreamed I ran into my old high school girlfriend and
> her mother in a park, at some event. They would barely acknowledge me. Acted like I was a loser.
> For some reason, dream symbolism blew this up into some horrible thing.
> Keep in mind, I haven't seen her for 18 years, 800 miles away from her. I'm pushing 40, wife and kids.
> For some reason I'm panicked, heart pounding. Still half asleep, I log into facebook,
> impulsively unfriend her along with 20 other people from high school who I'll probably never see again.
> thatwillteachthem.jpg
> later that night, still a nagging feeling, why did I dream about her? Whats going on?
> Starting to get into a panic now, I send here a super awkward Facebook message
> Tell her my 9/11 story. "Are you and your family okay? I dreamt about you for some reason."
> She had just got back from the hospital, was in intensive care for 4 days. Severe staph infection in her
> leg. Rushed to the ER, megadoses of antibiotics. She says she almost died.

/x/ please help me. I don't want this in my life, I don't need this. How the fuck does this even happen, I'm an atheist, I don't believe in paranormal phenomenon. What is this, some sort of psycho-emotional quantum entanglement mechanism?

What do I do? What would YOU do?
>>
>>19372124
i'd dream something useful like lottery numbers you fucking queer.
>>
>>19372124
Embrace your ability and become big in Vegas and then reality TV
>>
File: F8reXuE.jpg (110KB, 864x864px) Image search: [Google]
F8reXuE.jpg
110KB, 864x864px
>>19372137
>>19372158

It doesn't appear to work that way for me. At the moment it's something of a curse. And for the record, both dreams occurred for events in the past, so no predictive abilities, just transmission of information over great distances.

I do not fucking want this, I didn't ask for this. What the fuck do I do now? The subject matter of the second dream didn't even match the event, it was only the emotional tone that really synced up. Both occurred under sleep deprivation. I suppose "self medication" to suppress dream memory is an option.
>>
>>19372121
>>19372124
Oh buddy, the last thing you want to do is be afraid of this. Listen, I know it's kind of a shit, cause rarely if ever do you see the good things, but you have something most people couldn't dream of.

As for what it is, how it works, as well as the rest of the paranormal, we don't really know.

>What do I do? What would YOU do?
What you do is up to you. You can ignore it, or you can harness it. In another life I might have thought this was all bullshit, but then I started getting these kinds of dreams when I was 12. If you want to utilize this to your advantage, it's going to take time but you can learn to communicate with your subconscious when you're awake, and get answers to things you want to know. I could help you with that if you want. You're not alone in this either, I thought that at one time too, but we get people here every week with the same kinds of dreams. Doesn't make it any less weird, or make you feel better about having predicted something fucked up without even trying, but I find that somewhat comforting.
>>
>>19372896

> I started getting these kinds of dreams when I was 12

Any examples? Any support in the form of personal accounts will make this all seem a little less nuts.

> you can learn to communicate with your subconscious when you're awake, and get answers to things you want to know

But where do you even begin with this sort of thing? The "paranormal" section at the bookstore is filled with the ramblings of cranks, hippy burnouts, bigfoot hunters and the otherwise mentally unbalanced. Where do you start, where is a resource that is even remotely credible? Do I roll up to the local tarot card reader, slip them a $20 and demand a referral, a clue as to where to go?

> we get people here every week with the same kinds of dreams.

Are you serious? Is this really possible? Is there any sort of archive for /x/?

>t. Atheist, STEM undergrad degree, insurance underwriter & systems developer. If I can't see it, hear it or feel it, then I don't believe in it. This sort of thing is not supposed to happen to people like me.
>>
>>19373147
>Any examples?
Well, mine are much more mild compared to yours, but I guess I'll tell you my first dream. As I said, I was 12 and I was taking these English classes after school with a group of kids, including this guy I had a crush on.
In my dream, I was going to class, sat down, talked to the girl I shared desk with, when all of a sudden this kid shows up, whose features I can't make out and I'm the first person he talks to when he comes in the class (I no longer remember what he said, but it was clear at the time). This results in the older kids in the class immediately making fun of that and calling us bf/gf, me being mortified about my crush getting the wrong idea, looking at him and him looking away.
And what do ya know, exactly one week later we get a new kid in class, he walks in, says word to word what he said in my dream, resulting in the exact same response from everyone.

Now, I know this isn't nearly as scary as yours, but for a 12 year old... it really fucked me up. It felt like nothing I knew was real.

>But where do you even begin with this sort of thing?
Lol, alright. My recommendation would be meditation and starting to learn some form of divination. Being skeptical is fine, I was too at first, but give it an honest try. This other person the other day was talking about numerology and seeing a lot of the same numbers, which their way of expanding their intuition. For me, the tarot really has helped, to the point where I'll just zone out at times and get a random premonition. It's all about learning to communicate better with your subconscious, different people have different ways of doing it.
As for sources for books and shit, look at /OMG/. It's a pretty decent library and it has books on tarot too (don't know about other divination methods but there's probably at least some of that too).

>Are you serious? Is this really possible?
Yep. You're actually the 3rd since last week if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure about an archive.
>>
>>19373147
>>19373496
Dude, this isn't supposed to happen at all. But somehow, it does. And if you can get better at it, why not try?

ps. I'm sorry this is so fucking disjointed but I'm literally in the middle of moving.
>>
>>19372188
I know that feel. Used to get precognitive dreams quite a bit. It was never any relative or useful info except for the one time.
>Biking with buddies
>Decide to hit up the local dirt jumps
>All's well until we pass around for another go
>Pause at the sidelines to wait for turn
>Sudden intense wave of deja vu
>Mutter "This is my dream." under my breath
>Inna dream I completely blow the landing, bouncing over my handlebars while the rest of my bike bounces above me and crashes down on my head tires first
>"What?" my buddy asks
>Tell him I've dreamt this already and how it ends
>Calls me a pussy and assures me nothing will happen
>Played out exactly how my dream went
>>
>>19373603
So you preferred to be an idiot instead of a pussy?
>>
File: 1500100497720.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1500100497720.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>19372124
>x/ please help me. I don't want this in my life,

Welp that sucks to be you honestly.
I heard from my teacher that his brother had similar abilities, but he didn't need to dream to see visions. Apparently he predicted major events for his family and their friends.

He was a devoted Christian and didn't like summoning the visions. For what reason I can't be sure, but I think he may have been just as scared of it as you are.

> I'm an atheist, I don't believe in paranormal phenomenon.
Nature doesn't care what you think you are honestly. You should know this as an atheist.

I would just go with it. Why drag myself down if I am not currently in total control over it?
You'll come to understand it as time goes on, but only if you can be scientific about it. That is keep your damn cool and study this fascinating phenomenon on the side.
Who knows? Maybe you will grow to appreciate the ability. I would certainly hope so if I were in your situation.
>>
>>19373642
Preferred to not let my life be dictated by bad dreams.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.