[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get a good spooky local myths and ghost stories thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 48

File: ghosttown-mist.jpg (18KB, 446x297px) Image search: [Google]
ghosttown-mist.jpg
18KB, 446x297px
Every town has them:

>This highschool is haunted
>This road has a phantom hitch hiker
>This road leads to a cult like refuge

What's your town's local tales /x/?
>>
There's one house where a guy hanged himself and stayed there for a week.
I remember passing by that house when i was little, a window was open and i saw, in the corner of my eye, a hanged figure inside the house. People that move into the house often leave in a few years.
>>
>>19371564
We have a headless Native American that chases people through a state park.

The elementary school is haunted by a little girl wearing a early 1900's style dress.

And I know a small house that was once a church is also known to have poltergeist activity. In fact the other houses on the same side of that street all have the same sort of activity.
>>
>>19371607
Where do you live? It sounds familiar.
>>
>>19371564
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIbSPiPTZp8
>>
My cousin lived in a house haunted by a man, a woman, and another entity we think was a child. Many weird things happended in that house if you are interested in stories, but we all think that it all boiled down to some murders that ocurred in a network of narco tunnels that had an access to the house.

Also, a few years back some policemen were attacked by a witch in a highway
>>
>>19371564
Vallejo, California, 2017.

>The Zodiac is still at large.
Last confirmed sighting more than 40 years ago. At this point he's either dead, senile as fuck in a care home or still creeping out on lake Herman road, every night. just waiting for some poor anon's car to break down...
>>
>>19372924
Vallejo is a shitty place all around, have had friends from there. I'm from Antioch, which is also shitty. Aside from the daily shootings, there's the White Witch of Rose Hill and I've summoned my dead ex to deal with a spook for me.
>>
>>19372964
Hahaha. I'm pretty sure there have been at least 2 shootings just in the last hour. I kept hearing shit over my tv. Not spooky shit, but ghetto ass shit. (Which is scarier.)
>>
>>19372964
Anywhere thats overrun with disgusting brown people is a shithole.
>>
File: map_communities_stategamearea.jpg (145KB, 776x520px) Image search: [Google]
map_communities_stategamearea.jpg
145KB, 776x520px
Allegan woods in Michigan are pretty freaky. There's supposed to be the dogman out there and mellonheads. There's also bodies dumped their pretty often. Sometimes my friends and I will drive through them telling spoopy stories and last time we drove up on a pair of new tennis shoes laid next to each other like whoever was in them just fucking vanished.
>>
My Uncle hung himsself in my house. Im apart of the legend himsself.
>>
This is pretty spoopy. Just put yourselves in my shoes for this one. I had got kicked out of my house and was living with my girlfriend in town. This was the summer before I joined the Army. She played basketball at our school. My senior year I only had 16 kids in my class and 200 in the whole school. My friend Dalton had passed away about two years earlier in a car accident on a country road out of town and he played basketball. There was another kid that had died years earlier the same way who also played basketball. Brooke needed to go to the gym to get her basketball shoes from the locker room. I was waiting out in the gym sitting on the team bench when I hear whispering right in my ear that I could not make out what they were saying. I could pick out two different voices. I believe them to be dalton and the other kid. Instant chills.
>>
Just look up Elm Street ghosts. It's basically a load of different haunting on one street. The street itself is from the medieval period (Yes medival, its in England). One tale I remember is about a father who sacrificed his life to save his family from a fire and perished in the blaze. I remember we had to do a project about them back in school (The ghosts in general, not just the fire bloke). That was a pretty good project.....
>>
File: fullsizeoutput_3b95.jpg (65KB, 630x531px) Image search: [Google]
fullsizeoutput_3b95.jpg
65KB, 630x531px
>>19372511
What area are you in? I'm in Texas, nearish the border.

Never have any spoops.
>>
>>19373241
I live in MI too. Mellonheads?
>>
>>19375405
>>19373241
What's a papaya foot?
>>
>>19372511
>Also, a few years back some policemen were attacked by a witch in a highway

lel
>>
>>19371564
Any anons want to fuck up their life? Go to need Orleans. There's a house (Delphine LaLaurie) you're not suppose to walk in front of or else you'll be followed home by a spirt. No one has stayed there for more then 6 and a half years. One guy was found rolling around in his shit and crazy after living there for 3 years. People whove stayed there complain of screaming and crying of slaves that were tortured. Nick cage own it but lost it to the irs. Also about a block away the Andrew Jackson hotel burned down once while filled with children so guest that stay there now complain of seeing and hearing children. I believe the same hotel someone stayed there and saw a kid sleeping at the edge of their bed.
>>
Alison's Grave
>Edna Alison is supposed to travel to Aspen, Co for a business trip
>Plane goes down and beheads Edna
>Spoopy headless spectre walks graveyard at night looking for her head

Katy's Church
>Unwed pregnant girl is ostracized by the community
>Hangs herself outside the local church
>Spoopy spectre can be seen walking the grounds
>Sometimes a noose appears in the tree

Only one that spoops me proper
The Bunkers
>Be 1942 WWII
>Government seizes property from two towns
>Proceed to build bunkers to hold explosives
>Government overestimates how much pewpew they need
>Bunkers are abandoned later in the war
>Bunkers and remnants of the two towns become overgrown and spoopy
>You can find two pre-war graveyards just chilling
>Area is filled with backwoods hicks and weirdos
>Cult-like shit happens there all the time
>Active hunting grounds so you could get shot "accidentally"
>>
>>19376201
That's last story sounds like the setting for a horror movie
>couple goes the wrong way due to apple maps
>ends up in hick town you mentioned
>tires go flat
>hooded figures break the windows
>rape wife in front of him
>boil him alive and feed it to the wife because the baby she got in her belly needs nutrition
>opening credits
>>the bunkers by the sea
>>
>>19371564
Catacombs. Ancient tunnel and cave networks, dating back more than a thousand years. Mostly unexplored and closed off. Always wondered what one could find down there. Byzantine ruins, tunnels created during different wars, layers upon layers. It's quite fascinating.
>>
>>19371564
the house I grew up in had some weird shit going on
apparently when I was a toddler I'd keep running into my parents' room scared shitless because I thought there was a monster in my room, until one night when I came in giggling about how a nice ghost chased the monster away
I have some vague memories about being in bed and seeing a bunch of dim, colored lights dancing around the room, but I can't be sure if it wasn't a dream or something
I'd also hear somebody call my name very faintly every so often, well into my teenage years
once I swear I saw a figure in the hallway outside my bedroom, but I was already mildly spooped from watching a stupid b-movie with some buddies and I bolted for my bed before I could be sure of what I was looking at
one particularly memorable one, I was having trouble sleeping one night and I could swear I heard people talking and laughing downstairs
when I muttered "fuck off" under my breath, somebody down there said "sorry" and the noise stopped
>>
File: 5341786_orig.jpg (240KB, 532x800px) Image search: [Google]
5341786_orig.jpg
240KB, 532x800px
This fucker is as good as it gets where I'm from
>>
>>19375405
Legend has it they're some weird incest offspring. Having been to Allegan and Hamilton, I wouldn't rule it out.
>>
>>19378620
Looks like he's been hit with the Fist of the North Star.
>>
>>19371564
Old house in LA south of Shreveport I think.

>girl supposedly died in this house
>surrounded by 10 ft tall shrubs so you can't see it
>drive way spoopy as fuck
>apparently you can see her standing in the window

Dad told me this story about when he was in his 30s, so a little over 20 years ago. Him and one of his cousins/best friends hadn't checked out the house in a while so they drove by. Didn't see anything in the window, but my dad swears he saw the little girl in the rear view mirror.
>>
File: fire-in-the-sky.jpg (61KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fire-in-the-sky.jpg
61KB, 1920x1080px
>>19371564
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_in_the_Sky
This happened about an hour from where I live. I've never seen a ufo or anything around here. I've also never been into the mountains up there where it happened either though. Seems spoopy, but not sure if it's true or not. Seems legit though the guy straight up vanished for a few days.
>>
Let's see, Ressurection Mary, Rosehill Ghosts, Burr Oak ghosts, a few haunted hotels, mass graves on the south side (including an indian burial mound discovered, but built over), ghosts trains, two massive fires, multiple reports of satanic activity, murders in the catacombs under downtown, a couple plane crashes, murder sprees during the two world's fairs, alien abductions, streets named after murderers, including the city's first murderer, unexplained seismic activity, and supposed mothman visits. That's just off the top of my head.

>Welcome to Chicago.
>>
File: buffering.gif (498KB, 346x367px) Image search: [Google]
buffering.gif
498KB, 346x367px
i live a few miles from bunnyman bridge. i always forget about that one
>>
>>19371564
Our city has underground tunnels that are supposedly haunted. People would get let through they're when their drunk or otherwise can't resist, getting "shanghai'd" into becoming sailors.
>>
I've seen a few cryptids. Border of metropolis / rural, there is also a shit tonne of people around that in the olden days would've been classed as local maniacs. Their minds have completely gone and they usually just wander around the town centre shouting and rambling nonsense, there's 5 or 6 that always seem to be about.

Also there was a pretty gruesome murder at the bus station a few years back, some guy murdered a woman in the toilets and mutilated her corpse, they never found her removed breast http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/ex-soldier-guilty-of-shirley-leach-murder-1049300

Also, more recently, one of the local lunatics with serious paranoia issues (banned from every pub locally, had CCTV fixed on all his neighbours) thought his next door neighbours (two elderly disabled women) were spying on him and plotting against him http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/evil-killer-who-stabbed-disabled-11952875

Spooky. Murder houses everywhere.
>>
File: IMG_3685.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3685.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wymering_Manor

Also supposedly you can on occasion see the ghost of Rufus the Red around the New forest and on the path/roads back to Winchester that his body was dragged along.

I'm from Hayling Island. A church was consumed by the sea and the local myth is that you can sometimes hear the bells coming from the water. The disused rail track has a "ghost of a train guard" walking the path at night.

Pic related is the path. Cycling it home drunk a few weeks ago
>>
>>19371564
The local hospital is haunted

There are stories of night shifts where nurses in old uniforms will tell staff to go to a certain room to help a patient who is in trouble before vanishing
>>
Fairly new story
Medium sized town in Jutland, Denmark. There's a small park in the south end, and in this park are two quite large trees right next to each other, probably about a hundred years old so not ancient by any means, and between them in the ground is lodged a boulder.
Two things of note; the trunks and crowns of the trees seem to have grown toward eachother, almost as if they are reaching - and the other thing, Denmark is not a rocky country, so seeing a big boulder lodged in a grass patch is quite unusual.

Story goes, that on the wedding day of two young lovers, a witch appeared between the pair, just as they were reaching arms to sanctify the marriage (an older tradition, nowadays we use the symbolism of the kiss instead). The hag stretched her arms out and threw the lovers in seperate directions, cackling while she cursed them and transformed them into trees.
Just then, another voice spoke. Some say a good witch, some say a preacher, in any case, it was someone good in nature.
The voice spoke "They may be but trees now, but at least they will live and grow. You will be but a rock, dead and lifeless eternally!"
And so it was. The good witch, or the preacher, could do nothing to save the lovers. But through the years they have been reaching for eachother.

It's custom for visitors to the park to stomp on the rock, thinking the stoned witch can still feel the pain.
>>
Fairly new story
Medium sized town in Jutland, Denmark. There's a small park in the south end, and in this park are two quite large trees right next to each other, probably about a hundred years old so not ancient by any means, and between them in the ground is lodged a boulder.
Two things of note; the trunks and crowns of the trees seem to have grown toward eachother, almost as if they are reaching - and the other thing, Denmark is not a rocky country, so seeing a big boulder lodged in a grass patch is quite unusual.

Story goes, that on the wedding day of two young lovers, a witch appeared between the pair, just as they were reaching arms to sanctify the marriage (an older tradition, nowadays we use the symbolism of the kiss instead). The hag stretched her arms out and threw the lovers in seperate directions, cackling while she cursed them and transformed them into trees.
Just then, another voice spoke. Some say a good witch, some say a preacher, in any case, it was someone good in nature.
The voice spoke "They may be but trees now, but at least they will live and grow. You will be but a rock, dead and lifeless eternally!"
And so it was. The good witch, or the preacher, could do nothing to save the lovers. But through the years they have been reaching for eachother.

It's custom for visitors to the park to stomp on the rock, thinking the stoned witch can still feel the pain.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
6KB, 259x194px
Ok here's one...in the semi but not really rural area between Lexington and Georgetown KY we have an odd stone block bridge we call 'eyeball bridge'.

Story goes I think (its been awhile so it may be a bit off) some couple back in the day broke down near there and got viciously ganked and left on the bridge at night (because of fucking course they did). A real butcher job...notable for the removed eyeballs of the victims, though I've also heard the lady kept at least one eye though it was pulled from socket and left dangling. And at least one of them was left upside down hanging from a tree flayed (the dangling eyeball victim for extra gore points depending on the telling).

Either way it's a local legend and the bridge get regularly violated with graffiti eyeball designs. But people DO NOT hang around that hellhole alone at night...for semi spooky but entirely practical reasons. See its particular location makes it extremely susceptible to a very inordinate amount of fog so ya can't see shit late night. Add the utter refusal of anyone to put a light within a mile of eyeball bridge and you're basically asking for an accident in the dark.

The bridge itself graffiti aside though is very pretty and spans a large creek. Scenic and pleasant by day...and a pitch black fog shrouded spoopy place at night.

Having been there in the evening a time or two the place has a very distinctive offputting vibe as soon as Sun sets and I've not met anyone who didn't find the place at least mildly unsettling. But that may just be because of the ocular related murder tales more than anything supernatural.

More sensitive type can't stand the place and have small panic attacks. Have to get away so to speak. Edgy fucks sometimes drink there with friends.

Either way it's our local double homicide story/haunted spot. There's other places but that's closest to me at the moment.
>>
>>19379227
My bad I got the eyeball story all wrong...looked it up and the attacker ATE the ladies eyes and left her and when her man returned she thought it was the attacker and flailed at him til she gouged his eyes out with her nails trying to defend herself...then the dude butchered em up the rest of the way.

I knew I was remembering that shit wrong.

And the spooky part is vengeful spirits of the blinded feeler variety...which of course people swear they see all the time. Apparently your supposed to be quiet out there.

Yeah had to make sure i was getting the story right. My bad.
>>
>>19371564
We don't really have any. I posted about it a few weeks ago. Chance encounters with a meth head the only habbenins here.

Apparently there's a creepy old man on the outskirts of ISU tho. I'll try and find some stories.
>>
>>19371607
>The elementary school is haunted by a little girl wearing a early 1900's style dress.
Which school is it? I'm a professionell lo-ghost hunter.
>>
>>19379261
"right across the street from an old farm house.

By playground I don't mean slides and metal jungle gyms necessarily. More like an immense wooden play-structure that has been at least partially painted, in a whimsical fashion. There may have been some swings and slides, but I couldn't tell because it was dark when we drove by.

My girlfriend grew up in Ames. According to urban legend the man who lives in the house was building this playground for his young daughter. A labor of love he began before his daughter was born. But tragically his daughter and her mother (his wife) were killed in a horrific car accident. The man closed the gates and they've been locked since.

My girlfriend has been there twice. Once the man came out of his house and they scampered. The second time the man came out of the house with a knife and began approaching them. Then followed in his truck for several miles when they drove off.

Maybe that's what you heard about?"
>>
my hometown used to have a very famous public beach that had bodies buried in it by a famous mobster. i think theres some stories about locals seeing the ghosts of the victims on the beach late at night.
>>
>>19371564
There's a supposed haunted house in my town that is also used as a drug den.
>>
>>19379263
fuck off pedo
>>
>>19378804
That movie fucked me up when I was a kid
>>
There's a 3 legged dog who wanders a lake beach. He disappears if you look away.
>>
>>19378243
I had the same with dim colored lights but they were like dots in a line moving around
>>
>>
>>19371952
every midwest town ever.
>>
File: 1500776574160.png (98KB, 1201x1148px) Image search: [Google]
1500776574160.png
98KB, 1201x1148px
>>19373241
If we're in the SWMI topic, Hatchet Man Road comes to mind. Supposedly a guy and his family we're living in a bunker he built during the late 80s and he killed them all with an axe before killing himself. Apparently you're supposed to experience vertigo and hear screams out there. I went out there with my sister on Halloween, which was a terrible idea considering the amount of teenage activity out there, but when we were out there around 3am we were a bit on edge. We slowly drove through the mile or so stretch with the windows down, cameras and dashcams on hoping to maybe see something unusual. We got to the bridge around the halfway point and my radio turned on and started to shuffle. I threw it in park while I grabbed for my phone, and the car died. I turned the key and it started back up, everything back to normal. Continued driving, heard some rustling, a couple meters out from the road but that was it. When we got to the end I did have tunnel vision for a good few minutes. Would definitely like to go out there on a more remote night and explore a little further.

There's few other roads with similar situations around Michigan, I know there's one Southeast of Lansing, and another one up north of Grand Rapids.

Munchkin land on the outskirts of Berrien Springs, a couple of drownings down by the priest back in the day and someone hanging themselves from the steeple of the church. The have the cops out there every Halloween to stop kids from fucking around. My buddies dad pulled a shift out there on Halloween a few years ago and refuses to do that again. He swore up and down he saw things moving and eyes staring back at him from the church.

Also Niles has some bad history too, really any of those old historic sites are bad joojoo.

That "Castle" in Kalamazoo that was renovated is apparently haunted as well, don't know the story to that one.

I
>>
There's a pub near me that used to be an Abbey. Apparently loads of monks were slaughtered there. There's interconnecting tunnels underneath a lot of the town/village that go on forever so the monks could escape. Guess they didn't get the memo.

My aunty used to also own a B&B in Snowdonia that was full of poltergeist activity. TV's flying across the room, footsteps around the bed and in the hallway/landing, generally stuff like that. I only stayed there once with my parents when I was a baby so I can't remember anything about it, but my mum likes to tell a story that she walked into the room I was staying in once and I was stood up in my cot just laughing at nothing.
>>
Bay Mills swamps up in the UP of Michigan, bunch of stories there
>>
>>19382369
Oh and the Lion Saltworks. They found loads of salt underneath my town ages ago and pumped the ground full of water to make brine and then extract it out, this left the ground hollow. Apparently a girl fell down a crack at the saltworks and lives in this underworld beneath the town.
>>
I'm from an island in the caribbean. One of the most common paranormal events here is old people and "Botijas". Pic related was an instrument where old people would take their savings and stuff them inside it, then bury the botija in some location known only to them, so as to get the money later if needed. When the person died, however, their widows or offspring would at some point report that the "noblest" or "kindest" of them would get a visit from the ghost of the dead relative, telling them the location of the botija so they could get the money. It was so common that most people regarded it as normal.
>>
>>19382441
forgot pic
>>
File: _62368370_pendlehill.jpg (105KB, 976x549px) Image search: [Google]
_62368370_pendlehill.jpg
105KB, 976x549px
The Pendle Witches is a somewhat famous legend from where I live.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pendle_witches

tl;dr witches got caught for murder and all claimed they'd sold their soul to the devil

I have heard people claim that the area around where it happened is haunted, but there is fuck all there but hills so at night i'd imagine it gets quite spoopy and the mind would start playing tricks.

To be honest, I rarely think about it. I can just remember seeing this every single morning for a couple of weeks on its 400th anniversary in 2012.
>>
>>19382335
Do you have anymore info on the one by GR? I'm nearby and would love to see it.
>>
>>19375402
If you're looking for stuff near the border, El Paso has plenty of spooks
>>
>>19371564
I live near a native reserve alot of fucking spooky shit im usually to drunk to care when I see spirits walk across my yard
>>
>>19383465
oh a good story,
>Be me
>hear Knocking at my door
>Look through peephole
>Ghost happens all the time spirits of the dead I dont care
>Open the door with a musket in hand (yes I own a musket fuck off)
>Fire!
>Ghost be gone
From then on I have musket in ever room of the house
>>
File: 1_small[1].jpg (90KB, 340x220px) Image search: [Google]
1_small[1].jpg
90KB, 340x220px
I'm within driving distance of Northern State Hospital [spoiler]but I've never visited it before[/spoiler]
>>
>>19378167
let me gues, romania?
>>
>>19372511
this is either mexico city or somewhere near the Mexico/US border right?
>>
Sub-urban town in Virginia near Petersburg. Not so much supernatural as just flat out weird.

There's a small cemetary you can't see from the road just tucked away in some family's backyard. Everyone I know and I have never actually seen who lives there, but the lights go on and off so someone is there. The cementary is surrounded by a brick wall on all sides with a locked gate on one side. Sometimes kids will try to get in just to see whats the big deal but most of the time the neighbor, this really old man, will come out and go off on you and call the police. Inside the wall are like 5 tombs. If I remember right, one for an adult and the rest seem to be for infants, and then theres one for a cat. The rest of the family's yard is kept up really well but inside the walls the overgrowth is bad, it obviously hasn't been cleaned up in decades. Its been the same graves for decades too. No new ones. The weirdest thing is that pretty much no one knows the story about it. My grandparents have no clue what the story is about it, all they know is the cemetary was made before they were born and all the adults when they were kids refused to talk about it. Of course there are all kinds of crazy rumors, but just about anyone who knew what happened has died.
>>
>>19383597
Weird as hell. Can you tell some of the rumors? It's a shame that we will never know what that is about
>>
>>19372511
Tell the stories
>>
>>19378620
We have melonheads in CT too, also Dudley Town, "the most haunted place" in the world
>>
>>19383607

I mean its pretty stereotypical rumors. Family is a cult, or they were killed by a serial killer, or a mother killed her kids then herself. But whatever happened obviously shook some people up to get them that touchy with the topic.
>>
File: IMG_0061.jpg (77KB, 720x715px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0061.jpg
77KB, 720x715px
Kek this one is not really spooky but I lived next to a cult that worshipped lettuce and cabbage, really weird shit I was sneaking around and hopped the fence because I was hearing chanting from the neighbors looked through window boom fucking lettuce and cabbage being torn part and their chanting weird stuff.. happened in Phoenix Arizona! pic not related
>>
I live in SD County, and there is a place called Eflin Forest and near that there is a abandoned and huanted Mental Hospital called Quest Haven.
Except it's not huanted or a hopistal of any kind, with was for religious retreats or some shit like that.

Also the myth about there being gypies that practiced the occult is kinda true. It was psychics lived nearby that would do rituals to contact the dead spirits of native American children.
>>
Is there any interesting stories that originate in Arizona. Moved here a couple years back and it seems pretty boring.
>>
>>19383882
Eh, I heard some crazy shit happens on the Rez all the time
>>
>>19383882
Also there is a haunted park in mesa Arizona, supposedly you can hear a women crying and wondering in the middle of the park around midnight
>>
File: IMG_0647.jpg (15KB, 212x249px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0647.jpg
15KB, 212x249px
>>19383882
Plus Arizona has a shit ton of stories especially all the little mining towns, fucking Arizona is a hot spot for UFO'S! I've been to every corner of this state i think the history is pretty cool I just moved back to phx also just came back from flagstaff
>>
>>19372511
They shouldn't have startled her
>>
>>19371564
Not far from where I live there's a cemetery called White Cemetery. It's supposed to be pretty haunted with the usual gamut of paranormal activity you'd expect. There's also a road called Cuba Road that's near it. Supposedly the ghosts from the cemetery haunt the road. I've been told you'll see a ghost if you drive down Cuba at 3am. I've done it with friends and we haven't seen anything.
>>
>>19383893
>>19383892
>>19383903
Thank you all, i'll have to look into it's history more it seems. I live in Glendale so I might have to go check out that park in Mesa.
>>
MD

Crybaby bridge.

Can hear the murdered babies of unfit mothers who chuck them over into the cold waters below.
>>
>>19378388
What part of WV?
>>
http://www.deadohio.com/beavercreek.htm

Right up near me. That page doesn't even mention the spoopiest part of Gretchen's Lock. That iron bridge nearby is one lane, if you turn your car off on the bridge, the ghost will supposedly push you across to keep you from having an accident. If your car is dusty, you can see hand prints on the back of your car where the ghost pushed you. Tried it out myself and can vouch those hand prints were there. 2spoopy.

Can't say anything on the other stories on that page though. Heard of the Esther stuff but not the others. Never had a bad feeling or spoops when visiting that mill either, which is a couple hundred yards from the Gretchen Lock iron bridge funnily enough.
>>
>>19384126
Did you take pics of the hand prints and if you did could you share pls?
>>
>>19378840
The keep the aliens in the sub basements at Northwestern where they have the radioactive testing areas.
>>
>>19384173
Sadly, I did not. That was a a couple years ago. The anniversary of her death is coming up next saturday. Maybe if I am back down there that day I will attempt it again and get pics. My car is pretty dirty now so it should be easy to see them.
>>
>>19384053
A small town called saint Albans. A couple towns over from point pleasant where the story originated
>>
>>19371564
My grandma owned an old house in a big city in northerm mexico. They would occassionally see a man in ragitty torn clothing on the same spot. This went on for like 20 years, until they had to break down some floors, on the spot where the man would stand they found an old 'jara' or vase, filled with finger nails, hair, some female underwear, and a bone. Pretty creepy.
>>
>>19378388
Damn, that mothman stay /fit/
>>
>>19383733
Those were vegans
>>
File: Ramsdell.jpg (103KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ramsdell.jpg
103KB, 800x600px
>>19371564
Manistee, Michigan here. The local Victorian era Theatre is said to haunted by the benefactor who donated money to start it, TJ Ramsdell whom the Theatre owes its namesake to. TJ Ramsdell's ghost is said to be seen floating around the upper balcony.

Pic is related.
>>
>>19384664
Shame that it's haunted. That is a really beautiful building.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>19383970

Glendale has the haunted Pizza Hut, dude.

Arizona has a bunch. The one I recently heard that was bad ass is Brunckow's Cabin ..."the most haunted can in in the west"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brunckow%27s_Cabin

Here are some good pics and story: https://mysteriousheartland.com/2015/03/04/bloody-brunckow-cabin/

Pic unrelated it's just Skinwalker territory, no big deal
>>
There is a house deep into the desert, it is said that many satanic rituals were performed in the house, me and my friends (being the idiots we are) went in the house and what we see in there was just disturbing to say the least
>>
>>19376154
There is a house in new orleans.
>>
>>19372988
I lived in the ghetto there. Gunshots constantly. Also, Jaycee Dugard was found there after being kidnapped and raped for 18 years. I've driven by the house they found her at. Near the current graveyard, where all the sex offenders live.
>>
>>19385275
It's been the ruin of many a poor boy.
>>
>>19385426
And God I know I'm one
>>
The Spaghetti Warehouse in downtown Houston is haunted. An employee fell down an elevator shaft and died. They say his spirit resides in the second floor and they close the second floor off from the public. You can go on ghost tours and enjoy a spooky meal on the second floor. Anyone want to go with me?
>>
>>19379191
Good story. Reminds me of a Sicilian story that I read years ago. Two old friends were living together when a stranger knocked on their door. They were very poor but offered the stranger what simple food and shelter they had. Turns out the stranger was a god traveling on earth. He offered them a wish for their kindness. They were very old and going to die soon so they wished to aways be together. The god turned them into trees next to each other. They said their goodbyes as the bark closed over their faces and their branches wrapped around each other as their arms turned into wood.
>>
File: GroBlaplatiums.jpg (943KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
GroBlaplatiums.jpg
943KB, 2592x1944px
>>19371564
>>
File: lodz.jpg (75KB, 720x501px) Image search: [Google]
lodz.jpg
75KB, 720x501px
>>19371564
My town is full of semitic demons which make everyone greedy and reckless with their spendings. They only got more active once their masters were burned in the ovens.
>>
We have a haunted and abandoned really old (Early 1900's) orphanage in the middle of the woods on the big island I live on
>>
There are more and more Muslims coming in to my town every year.
Reality is scarier than the myth my man.
>>
File: Postcard.jpg (171KB, 1592x988px) Image search: [Google]
Postcard.jpg
171KB, 1592x988px
I'm from Joplin, MO. We have spook lights.
>>
>in the 60s a really bad tornado took down every building in town besides this old Coca Cola factory and one house next to it
>the house ended up getting torn down anyway in the 70s because once we were done rebuilding it looked so old and out of place
>no houses were rebuilt, teens sometimes hang out on the pavement outside the lot and drink
>nobody even the small kids dare go onto the lot because of stories they heard
>two boys in the 70s ran around on the lot as a joke, one died of a heart attack during class a week later and the other caught pneumonia 2 months later and eventually died within the year
>a 10 year old girl in the 90s ran away from her mom (its close to the square) and played on the lot before her mom found her, she died 2 years later from cancer
>nobody has stepped on it, city doesnt even mow the lot

No more known deaths from it, kids probably step there all the time being edgy but it's still the towns myth.

This is in my hometown, a small town in NW Arkansas.
>>
Churn Milk Joan, see the picture.

This is a standing stone right on the moor a little way from the village I live in. Round here the villages are fairly isolated hanging right at the fringes of barren moorland.

Story goes that a young girl called Joan was carrying milk over the moors to deliver to the villages when she was caught in a snow storm. Of course there are a lot of different versions of the story but in the end she gets turned into the stone where she dies.

There's a little hollow in the top of the stone that people all leave coins and other similar offerings in. It's most likely that this is because in the past it was used as a plague stone. People would transfer goods and money there by leaving it at the stone to avoid coming into contact with someone who had the plague but the hippies round here say it's to "appease moorland spirits" and shit.

It's also supposed to spin round three times on New Year's Eve when the bells of the Church in Mytholmroyd down in the valley chime, which I guess has hefty themes of rebirth ect, as well as the more obvious "churning" idea.
>>
>>19386126
There's a poem about it as well from a famous local poet:

-

A lonely stone
Afloat in the stone heavings of emptiness
Keeps telling her tale. Foxes killed her.

You take the coins out of the hollow in the top of it.
Put your own in. Foxes killed her here.
Why just here? Why not five yards that way?
A squared column, planted by careful labour.

Sun cannot ease it, though the moors grow warm.

Foxes killed her, and her milk spilled.

Or they did not. And it did not. Maybe

Farmers brought their milk this far, and cottegers
From the top of Luddenden valley left cash
In the stones crown, probably in vinegar,
And the farmers left their change. Relic of The Plague.

Churn-milkjamb. And Joan did not come trudging
Through the long swoon of moorland
With her sodden feet, nipped face.
Neither snow nor foxes made her lie down
While they did whatever they wanted.

The negative of the skylines is blank.

Only a word wrenched. Then the pain came,
And her mouth opened.

And now all of us,
Even this stone, have to be memorials
Of her futile stumblings and screams
And awful death".

Churn-Milk Joan
Ted Hughes

From
Remains of Elmet
>>
>>19371564

I just want to thank OP for a good thread. I am getting really tired off all these bullshit roleplay threads on /x/.

Sadly, my town doesn't really have anything to contribute to this thread. I have never heard of any ghost story in here which is kinda shame. I do have some ancient swamp burial grounds near my house, so that's maybe something. I have never heard anything spooky about them tho.
>>
>>19382458

Shit senpai I Iive way near you.

The folklore is cool but the middle-class hippy cunts who flock to the thing mainly just piss me off.
>>
Crazy hillbillies constantly high as fuck off of some drugs, scariest thing we've got.
>>
File: qro_tur_si_museo_zacatecana2.jpg (112KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
qro_tur_si_museo_zacatecana2.jpg
112KB, 800x534px
>>19371564
We have a haunted house where a woman killed her three children in the 80's (still in prison, she's getting out in two years) and a haunted mansion built in the early 1800's where a rich woman killed her husband, her lover and then herself
>>
For some reason theres a tunnel system underneath my town, apparently theres a cult that meets deep within the maze of tunnels and a couple of kids went missing down there a couple years back. A coworker of mine posted a snapchat video of him and his friends wondering around down there right before the other kids went missing, he wont tell me how to get down there now because apparently security is suuuuper tight near all the known entrances and they dont take trespassers lightly.

Also, theres a big trail behind the local highschool where a pretty large battle in the Civil War was fought, apparently its stupid haunted and theres a massive black canine that chases people down back there. Although my ex and i fucked pleeenty of times in that trail after dark and we never heard or saw anything even remotely resembling a ghost or massive dog. I took my dads FLIR gun back there last night actually, all i managed to see was a couple rabbits and a frog hiding in the brush. Might go back there again w the FLIR and an ouija board and see what i can conjure up.
>>
>>19386209
Although, here is weird story in regards to the trail.
>hanging w ex, doing weird shit in the woods at like 3 am as usual
>around the time Pokemon GO came out, ran into a couple of her mutuals on the trail since it had hella gyms and stops along the trail
>Fucking on a bench deep in the trail, here a pattern of footsteps in the distance, she gets off me, adjusts her skirt to hide her snatch, i pull my pants up and grab knife from my pocket
>shine flashlight on my phone down the trail towards the footsteps, its a woman jogging
>She has a massive smile on her face, in a trance like state, staring straight forward, not wavering from the light in her face or the fact that theres some random person on the trail at 3AM holding a knife
>Just jogs right by us
>"shit, that was weird... now where were we?"
>back to fucking
>A couple seconds into the romp, flashlights from down the trail, same direction the lady was jogging in
>It's my ex's mutuals again, they stop and talk to us
>tired of getting interrupted, just wanna nut
>ex explains that we're trying to fuck and they need to go on somewhere
>laughs and smiles, they are about to depart
>before they go, i ask if they saw that weird jogger lady
>they say nobody past them and they havent seen anyone all night, despite the fact that the lady would've past them on their way to us
>Weird.jpg
>they leave
>nut in my ex and go back to her house, forget all about the event until i made the previous post.
>>
>>19371986
i yelped in terror desu like a little bitch
>>
>>19383733
Was it like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-IhakwWzQ8
>>
>>19373183
Kill yourself rube
>>
>>19385725
lol what
>>
>>19383586
>mexico city
>narco tunnels
are you retarded?
>>
>>19371564
Where we go hunting in Mississippi we're pretty sure something big is out there.
Last time I was out in a tree stand, I had a deer in my sights and was about to pull the trigger when I heard something let out a blood curdling scream, and the deer and almost every animal in the vicinity got the fuck out. I followed suit.
When I got back to camp and told everyone, my dad's friend told us the last time he was out hunting he heard his son calling out for help, but his son was already back at camp at the time he heard the scream. Spooky shit
Kills also go missing a lot unless we stay right by them. If we leave them be for more than 15 or 20 minutes the kill gets dragged off somewhere. That part's pretty easily explained as animals dragging off the meat, but the screaming is something I can't get past
>>
The pheonix theater is this music venue a few towns over in Petaluma califonia. Used to be a very old theater from way back, burned down twice before. Countless ghost sightings In the building. They closethe balcony off for that reason.
>>
File: 1498361265983.jpg (136KB, 1080x1094px) Image search: [Google]
1498361265983.jpg
136KB, 1080x1094px
I'm in bed right now. I'm not a guy that believes in ghosts or anything paranormal.

>went to bed two hours ago
>was awake for 22 hours and only slept 4 hours the previous day, very tired
>asleep, dreaming about trying to get to sleep while my brothers watching lord of the rings the return of the king
>I start having a janky dream that's a mix between reality trying to fall asleep, a literally lord of the rings except some weird stuff like saruman riding an elephant, and a corrupt cop revenge story where a cops trying to shoot saruman.
>feel something press against ear
>realize I'm asleep and its probably nothing
>starts pressing harder against ear, its the ear opposite of my pillow
>wake up because I think its my brother pressing against my head or something
>He's sleeping across from me in the same room
>Officially turbo spooked
>Pressing even harder, it hurts really bad
>Force my eyes open and turn over the bed, its very difficult to force my eyes open
>Nothing is there and the pain subsides but I could still feel it even as I was awake and opening my laptop

This is the first time I've ever posted on /x/ and I'm honestly super fucking scared. I don't do any sort of drugs, I don't drink, nothing. Explainations of stuff this could be that isn't paranormal? Did a spider just crawl in my ear or something? It felt exactly like a finger was pushing against my temple/ear, but no feeling of anything touching the outer ear.
>>
>>19371564
Charles Camsell hospital in Edmonton, was shut down in 96, I'm one of the last ppl born there.

In the 50s, handled the majority of native TB cases, lots of stories of ppl being mistreated and denied care (true). Canada actually used to be super racist against natives (abos).

Hospital is supposedly haunted af.

>pic related (duh)
>>
is it a spaghetti dinner?
>>
i live right by bray rd. in racine county in wisconsin so theres that

but theres an abandoned glue factory that had a structural collapse that killed several ppl ini oak creak.. by far the creepiest place ive ever been to.
>>
>>19387630
my guess is probably some sort of sleep paralysis with partly more control than other people or you woke up in that stage but at tje end of it so you didnt get alot out of it and could actually get up
>>
>>19382458
yeah that ones spoopy. Even though Most Haunted is fake, the table tipping was pretty convincing when they were there the thing was going mental as opposed to other episodes were its gentle rocking.
>>
>>19387630
This thread is about local spooks, not personal nope stories so I'm not sure why you posted that. Regardless, sounds like sleep paralysis.
>>
>>19388522
>>19388442
Sorry, like I said I was just waking up when I posted so I can't claim that I had the best though process when looking for a thread. That's not really an excuse though, also I'm not sure what a nope story is.
>>
>>19388531
A nope story is basically just a story about a spooky happening like what happened to you.
>>
>>19371564
We've got a few in my area. Theres a battle site which has been pretty active for shouting and thundering footsteps and its surrounded by more fields and rural/small roads

Theres a house on a street corner which is haunted by an old man in victorian clothing. Hes harmless though he appears in the kitchen and disappears when you say hello and theres a tobacco smell in the house that comes and goes

a guy lost control of his motorbike, crashed and died during a storm years back and people have reported seeing a man in biker gear at the scene walking around then disappearing

ghost of an old man in an abandoned greenkeepers house

green lady in a wooded area, house on the hill shit. Same area is a local suicide spot
>>
>>19387630
Like other anons said, probably sleep paralysis. I have that almost every night. Sometimes it'll feel like I'm falling off the side of the bed and it doesn't quite feel how that is supposed to feel but I'm still fine in bed when I wake up.

I always get a feeling of pure terror when I realize it's just a dream and I can't make myself wake up from it without a massive amount of effort.
>>
>>19388635
I have friends that say they never have dreams and they'll never understand what its like to get absolutely shitfucked every night by crazy dreams. I had a dream yesterday where I was in a cathedral with a bunch of other kids and we had caretakers that would kill us over and over again, most of the time with some type of blade or pair of scissors. One of the caretakers was cutting through my skull with a chainsaw and stopped half way through and all I can remember is laying face first on a table unable to move my body and begging it to kill me. Every time they'd kill me I'd end up floating up towards the ceiling and looking at the painting, I don't remember of what. Most of my dreams aren't that bad though, sorry for posting this, I know this isn't my dream blog.
>>
>>19388662
That's one hellva dream there anon. Thanks for sharing.

I used to be one of those people who didn't dream at all. I'd just close my eyes for a bit, see black, and boom next morning. I don't know why I started having dreams all of a sudden. Sad thing is that I can only remember bits and pieces of them. The not cool or interesting parts though.
>>
>>19388688
I'd advise against trying to control your dreams. Its way more fun to focus on retention and vividness. Nothing you'll be able to do shaping your dreams is ever as cool as just letting your dreams run wild. I've even started to enjoy nightmares ironically.
>>
>>19376201
>Katy's Church
That chuch is active now, and they have a facebook page lol
>>
>>19387630
>>19387630
>>19387630
your brother was probably trying to put his penis in your ears.
>>
>>19388821
Fuck you... Now I have a boner...
>>
>>19371564
not really local (bacause i live in the middle of reykjavík) but álfa steinar (efl stones) are said to have little els living in them, if you treat them nice they chill with you in a way, fuck with the stone and they'll fuck with you
>>
http://www.hauntedplaces.org/item/old-whitley-jail/
Columbia City, Indiana
Drunk guy killed his wife and was hanged at the jail, but the sheriff fucked it up, so the guy took over 10 minutes to strangle to death. Electronic equipment messes up, doors slam, figures are seen walking around. The spooks are thought to be the guy executed and the sheriff.
>>
>>19388914
>guy took over 10 minutes to strangle to death.

Man, even if he was a wife killer, that's fucked up. No wonder why he haunts the place.
>>
>>19371564
There is this girl that asks for a ride from the outskirts of the city to his house. Only trucm drivers have seen her. The ones who have stoped have rwported having a chat with this beautiful young woman who guided the drivers to her house.
The day they decide to go back and visit her, with flowers, and knock on the door, an old lady use to open the door who told them that her dougther had died years ago in the road coming into the city (where she was picked up) and that he (the loving driver) wasnt the first one to come with the same story.
>>
We have to deal with an actual cult that beats court cases all the time.
Look up "Word of Faith Fellowship".
>>
>>19386115
Where is this? I'm from NWA but never heard of this
>>
no juicy story to share, just appreciating the spoops.

>>19386115
shouts out to AR senpai, residing in FS myself. Love seeing someone close to home around
>>
My friend who lived somewhere in either the Washington state or DC area lived in a haunted house growing up, there was a spirit of a little boy who would appear and "stare" at his mother and him while they went about there daily activities. They were then visited by the previous owner of the house sometimes before they moved who informed them that there son died some years before. Some old toys were found buried in the ground I'm the front yard. I don't know all the details because I'm not my friend, but still interesting story.
>>
File: 1476179563894.png (375KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1476179563894.png
375KB, 785x757px
>>19385063
>Glendale has the haunted Pizza Hut
American hauntings are so fucking shit. Think I'm going to an hero by a tractor and haunt you faggots properly
>>
>>19389056
Killdozer 2: Tractors Strike Back
>>
File: 1386181060668.gif (2MB, 332x215px) Image search: [Google]
1386181060668.gif
2MB, 332x215px
>>19372511
>some policemen were attacked by a witch in a highway
>>
>>19371564
The Lumerians live in our mountain.
>>
>>19389052
You do know washington state and D.C. are on complete opposite sides of the US, right
>>
>>19378620
>tfw to smart
>>
>>19388996
Niggas with attitude?
>>
File: 1476165517781s.jpg (8KB, 242x250px) Image search: [Google]
1476165517781s.jpg
8KB, 242x250px
>>19389582
>tfw my IQ is so high my skull can barely contain my massively smart brain
>tfw normies fear me because they can't handle my smarts
>tfw brainlets make up stories about me eating babies just so they don't have to face the fact I am so smart I operate on a higher plane of thought that they will never achieve
>tfw look fugly
>tfw will never get laid

why live?
>>
File: 1499089290263.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
1499089290263.gif
2MB, 460x259px
In my city theirs railroads that if u park ur car on them ur car get pushed
>>
I live in Udine (North Italy), and the ghost of Napoleon Bonaparte (yeah, the real guy) supposedly appeared over a dozen times in some historical places.
>>
>>19371564
So I have a few stories.

>be ten or so
>mom and I just get home from school
>mom puts key into deadbolt
>tries to unlock it
>physically cant
>she said it felt like someone was holding the deadbolt from the other side
>after a few more tries we finally get it open
>we get inside and all the cupboards, drawers are open.
>all cupboards and drawers in both the kitchen and bathroom
>all doors are open
>nothing is taken
>>
>>19390081
Apparently he even talked to some people, and he was like 3-meters tall.
>>
>>19371564
9000 people died in my town between 1845-1850
>>
>>19385109
>it is said that
This is how you know the person writing is 14
>>
>>19390098
Recently my sister and I have been encountering something strange

Keep in mind we are in a new house

>be me wake up around 230am and see a short white mist walking from my door to my dresser

>sister saw same white mist walk into hallway when she was in tbe livingroom that night

>a couple weeks ago we witnessed her phone lift have a foot in the air off the table

>a pizza box I threw away ended up in the middle of the kitchen floor

>today
>doing dishes
>rinsing bottle nipples
>put them in dishwasher
>sister feeding baby in highchair across the kitchen
>turn just in time to see the bottle nipples in the middle of the kitchen floor spinning
>sister turned white and said she saw one in the air before it fell

Do you think our family could be haunted? My mom and aunts have similar stories growing up.
Do you think it could be malicious? What can i do about it?
>>
>>19371564
Theres an old railine in the woods that leads into a tunnel which was blocked off, there was a story that went round that the train was still in there, and it was haunted. Heard that someone had broke off a gap at the side. So few friends and me walked the length of it with torches. There was just a clay slope up to the ceiling about half a mile down it. Fun times
>>
>>1938421 me and the missus are from Huntington. We go to mothman festival every year. Good shit!
>>
>>19390117
I feel like any town in the south has this problem.

I live in rural Louisiana and supposedly hundreds of soldiers died in the surrounding marsh from exhaustion or something.
>>
File: davenport.jpg (176KB, 637x477px) Image search: [Google]
davenport.jpg
176KB, 637x477px
My favorite local spook is actually one of my town's most famous landmarks: The Davenport Hotel
some fun stories include
>the ghost of the original owner, Louis Davenport, who oversaw the hotel's construction and died in his room in the hotel
>the ghost of a woman named Ms. Ellen McNamara, who in the 1920's died after falling through the skylights of the hotel. Supposedly, a doctor ran to her just in time to hear her last words, "Where did I go", and she can still be heard saying this around the hotel to this day
>common place for amateur "ghost hunters"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-TMJGaay3s

It's super easy to just google the place and find all sorts of stories about it, really.
>>
>>19384126
I live near beavercreek ohio man in in cedarville and ive no stories for my town desu
>>
>>19390996
>Davenport Hotel
go to bed phill.
>>
File: [knowing intensifies].jpg (30KB, 629x472px) Image search: [Google]
[knowing intensifies].jpg
30KB, 629x472px
>>19391455
>>
>>19388962
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brunckow%27s_Cabin

>Word of Faith Fellowship began in 1979 in a former steakhouse

This I can get behind. The severe beatings and imprisonment and winning court cases not so much.
>>
>>19372924
Did you not see Zodiac? I'm almost 99% sure that it was Arthur Leigh Allen. Outside of the movie the police almost arrested him too it's just that he committed suicide before they got to him.
>>
I got one to share
>be my mother
> ~20 years ago, when my not so younger brother was a baby
>for some reason she had to go to my grandpas (her father) summer house in this rural satelite town
>the house is big, not huge but still, and almost ancient
>she took my brother with her because he was still very young

just to clarify, they were alone in the house, the kitchen and cleaning maid slept somewhere else

>she wakes up during the night
>she felt someone sitting on the end of the bed
>turn lamp on
>not only noone is there but also my brother, who's standing in his craddle,is staring blankly at her
>this is odd, supposedly he cried a lot as a baby
>>
There's a middle school I used to go to over the summer for a summer camp, basically babysitting. Well it's haunted by a janitor who died there and he haunts people. now I never encounter anything of sorts but the school is older and I remember walking the halls and it gave a ever eerie vibe, especially since school was out and nobody but a few kids were there for summer camp.
>>
I live in a town a little ways away from Seattle. This town has a waterfront where some girl drowned under an abandoned dock. People who live near that dock say that every night at 8pm, it smells rancid like dead shit or something. I've kayaked to that area, and they're right, it smells like dead shit.
>>
>>19371564
A witch died (I think it was a witch, know nothing about her backstory), if you touch her grave, whatever you touch it with breaks in the next couple days.

Had some merit behind it too, in grade eight a classmate threw it and broke his arm in three days. Plenty claim they touched it and broke their fingers.
>>
I live in rural canada. Theres a beach a few of my friends went camping at about a 2 hour walk along thebtraom tracks into the woods along a lake.They were having a fire it was dark. When baseball sized rocksbstarted being tossed at them from the woods. They yelled to see if it was a person. Even though its odd anyone would be walking out there after dark and throwing rocks. They didnt hear anything in the woods but a few more rocks were thrown and it stopped.Next morning they went to investogate and there was a clear trail that went basically straight up the mountain. One of our friends dads said a simlar thing happened out there to him aswell. So now we call it sasquatch beach and bring guns when we go hoping to bag a sasquatch
>>
>>19371564
house known as "The Cage" which used to be a burial site for witches, people have seen recordings of demons around the site

a house along a road that got burnt down in Victorian times where the whole family died, horse-headed demons in mirrors and whistling with no one in the house

a building known as "Treasure Holt" where something happened idk there's videos about it somewhere

and a few others, Essex is haunted as fuck
>>
>>19391841
Pretty spooky but I'm not sure if bigfoot is still thing. How can such a beast go undetected throughout all these years
>>
>>19386133
That's pretty interesting. Thanks for posting it
>>
>>19390121
next time you come home take a deep breath and tell the ghost to btfo as loud as you can without fear
>>
>>19383970
the haunted park is called Jefferson Park. Its on Power and University. I looked it up. i live within 10 miles of it.
>>
>>19371564
I went to the high school that Emmett Till was supposed to go to before he was killed. Train tracks run kinda behind the school and legend says that at night you can hear Emmett's mom crying his name.
>>
>>19383432
Spook the spic, as I always say
>>
>>19371564
My town's lame as fuck. It only has a bridge kids died on and a lame ass cemetery with no spooks (trust me, I live next to it). The only places to go for spooks are in other towns.
>>
>>19391766
someones dropping how steamy logs under that dock my friend

>>19391841
>I live in rural canada
how do you have internet?
>>
My old high school supposedly had a student that hung themselves out of one of the two story buildings. I believe it because there would always be a cold spot in an area of one of the hallways in that building where there was no air conditioner.
>>
>>19390100
You do realize that's almost 10 feet right?
>>
>>19392311
There's also a local restaurant and the chamber of commerce, but those are boring ghosts.
>>
I used to live near some place called Turnbull Canyon. Shit was scary as fuck. Apparently there is still active cult activity going on there. I remember one of my friends growing up told me about it, so I searched it up, and a hell of a lot of people had stories concerning one spot where shit would go down at night. Truly some spooky shit.
>>
>>19392321
>how do you have internet?
What is a satellite?
>>
>>19391421
I think you're confusing the town with the state park. All the spooks in my post are from the Beaver Creek State Park. We on the other side of the state. Pressed up against WV and PA.
>>
Knight rides home after drinking at another castle and gets lost in the swamp. Vanishes. You can see the ghost of the Knight in the swamp at night trying to get home. End of Story.
>>
File: 1501064293123s.jpg (8KB, 250x186px) Image search: [Google]
1501064293123s.jpg
8KB, 250x186px
Everytime I wake up, I hear gunshots and some nigga yelling:"Fuck nigga, how them hollow tips feel bitch nigga?" I hop out of bed, go outside to see if anywhere is there, and all I see is tire tread marks and a body, while hearing rap music somewhere in the background
>>
Small mountain town I grew up in had lots of spooky stories around it.
There was this one house at the edge of our neighbourhood that all the kids called "the corpse house" because supposedly some dude who lived there died and inexplicably no one went to pick him up and he was left to rot. The house was overlooking this field we always went to play on, and to be honest the closer you got to the house you could smell this stench of rotting flesh, its also been a thing for years and years; way more than a thing that supposedly died around there would have even smelled for. Also the strength of the smell was proportional with the amount of ladybugs that were around on that field. Unrelated but very creepy, by the house itself there were so many that kids filled plastic bottles with them by just scooping them up from the grass.
Opposite side of town had a bridge people called "bride bridge" because supposedly at night you could see the ghost of a bride walking back and forth on it, tho I've never met anyone who actually saw it- it was always someone who someone knew who did.
By my grandma's place there were hoof marks that appeared in the mud all over the place frequently and kids always said it was "the goatman"
>>
>>19392373
Everyone knows satellites are just a hoax created by the government to scare the Russians. Why would you believe something so silly? :^)
>>
My area of New York isn't really known for anything, but a ton of pre-revolution gravesites and an uneasy feeling in certain forests combined with some personal experiences make me believe there's something at least available to find.
>>
>>19371564
There was a house in my town that burned down about 50 years ago. Family of six. Mom, dad, a child, a toddler, and twin babies. Only thing left standing are the steps. They say if you sit on those steps between 2:30am and 2:34am you'll hear the children's screams from burning. I never have gone, but I always got a creepy vibe from the place. Even before I heard the story.
>>
>>19393055
Go innawoods anon. Post pics of what/who you find before they maul your body for the elder things.
>>
>>19376201
>The Bunkers

where is this?
>>
Town I live in was very built up during WWII lot of factories and other bullshit. Lots of tunnels linking buildings together mostly infested with homeless now. Kinda dangerous a few people have disappeared into them. In the woods behind a park there are old chemical bunkers that still have mysterious barrels in them. One of the factories has a large triple expansion steam engine in it have been inside a few times. Sometimes people say they see smoke puffing from the old smoke stacks about 20 guys died in that particular factory when a large ladle filled with molten brass tipped over.
>>
>>19393111
Holy shit that's sounds like something out of A movie.
>>
Eh... My town doesn't really have any ghost stories... Closest we got is a rock called "pussy rock" at the local lake.. That's not a story for /x/ so here's some personal spook accounts I guess?

When I was ≈8 We had a ouija board and my mom loved playing with it. All kinds of creepy shit happened when we had that thing. I use to wake up and go into my parents room(had to for bathroom) and frequently I would see what I know now was a man in a WWII nazi uniform standing over my mom and would smile a creepy smile at me. One morning I decided to smoke one of my moms cigarettes(yes at 8. I was corrupted by my sister's friends), and drink the left overs of my dad's drinking binge that night. Did that, I'd woken especially early that Saturday morning. About 5:30am. Waited for my someone to wake up and turn on the TV for me, but I couldn't wait anymore. Searched for remote, couldn't find it. Walked over to turn the TV and saw what the Bible describes the devil try to crawl out. Ran straight to my mom screaming. I had about 6 border collies in 2 years because they kept dying odd deaths. Creeping noises at night and shit like that. Finally, my dad woke up one night and swears my mom's head was backwards and she was trying to smother him with a pillow(probably just a nightmare), so he took the board to my aunt because she loved this kind of stuff. She told him to burn it. He did, and the stuff stopped for a while. My parents got a divorce about 6 months later and we moved in with my grandparents. A few weeks later, before we even got all our stuff out, the house burned down while my dad was at work. Couple months ago mom said a friend was staying with her and they had to share a bed(for whatever reason, didn't really care)and her friend woke up screaming after seeing the same soldier I did.

Have a few more stories if any interest... Not nearly as good as that one, and I know that one isn't very good anyway.
>>
Just moved to WV from KY, and this is by far the spookiest state. The thing is, you'd never know it because fuckers around here never talk about it. It's like they have spooky-blinders on or something. I'm talking to the extreme, like in-laws will leave the house if a scary movie is on type shit. Anyway, in Mannington, WV there's a witch's grave that's the oldest headstone in the graveyard and is facing the opposite of all the other graves. Lighting is supposed to strike it and shit. Also fun fact, Charles Manson was married at a Church of the Nazarene in WV.
>>
New Jersey Pine Barrens are about a half hour drive for me. I sometimes hike there when the air gets a little cooler and less insects. I pass on going there in the summer. It's most famous for being the home of the New Jersey Devil. A supposedly winged humanoid cryptid creature that flies around the woods and scares people.
Also it's supposed to be a burial ground for people who pissed off the Philadelphia mafia.
And serial killer Gary Heidnick (last person executed in the state of Pennsylvania) did confess to dumping a body there.
>>
>>19371564
This isn't a myth, it's a real location near where I lived but this is largely unknown even by people in the area.
>what was once a large forest but is now only a small wood as it has been replaced by fields but there are several significant iron age celtic sites and Roman ruins throughout the area including much older cup and ring markings
>once held a manor house, the manor house had several large tunnels for some now forgotten purpose running between strange local landmarks like an apparently bottomless pit (for real, I once put a 300ft plumb line down it and it didn't get wet or touch the ground)
>the manor was turned into an asylum in the late 19th century
>asylum had a wing for 'disturbed children' called 'The Colony'
>some very creepy photos exist from the colony several of which are in my gf's possession now
>the colony was shut down in the 50s due to a higher than acceptable number of child deaths in quite odd circumstances, the adult asylum remained and became the centre of a large mental hospital which has itself been mostly removed now
>the children were for whatever reason buried in the woods with markers but no proper gravestones, area has several ancient and modern graveyards nearby including ancient earthworks of unknown purpose
>the graves can still be identified if you know what you're looking at but seem to be totally unknown in the area
>fast forward to the present day, a new hospital is built on the site, guess where the psychiatric ward was placed? Right on the part of the woods where most graves were located, the graves were not relocated meaning they were either just covered over or unceremoniously destroyed
>one day the old manor house, a listed building which features in many productions as a haunted house set is demolished without permission by a developer to build flats
>there are a lot of suicides in the woods and in the new hospital
>really a lot, for the last two years there has been one every three or four weeks
ctd
>>
>>19393163
>the police regularly patrol the trees now, most deaths are by hanging, many of them are mental patients of course, but several have been staff
>a nurse goes on her break in the middle of her shift, she walks out into the wood and hangs herself
>a month later a specialist walks into the woods on her day off and hangs herself
>it is not publicised so as not to become another Bridgend and make the problem worse
When they were building the new hospital they found really significant tunnels and chambers underground that had been forgotten, the largest was large enough for a carriage to ride down, they've since been filled in and no one has any idea what they were for. The area also has the highest number of UFO sightings in the country by orders of magnitude.
>>
>>19393117
It's nothing crazy lots of cities like this where I live. The work dried up people moved away and place is inhabited by poor people lots of ethnicities now
>>
>>19393145
I've lived in WV all my life and haven't heard that many spooky stories. I know plenty of people into it too. Aside from>>19393059
Story my ex told me about, all I've heard of it mothman, moundsville prison, and the insane asylum. I don't think it's so much avoiding spoopy things, as it is they'd rather tell fishing and hunting stories.
>>
>>19372511
>Many weird things happended in that house if you are interested in stories,
yes, we are interested in stories, that's what the thread is for
>>
>>19393132
>pussy rock

come on anon. You can't just mention pussy rock and not tell us the story.
>>
>>19383622
Been there kinda over rated lots of foundation holes and oddly quiet but that's about it
>>
>>19393163
Can you upload some of the colony pics your gf has?
>>
>>19393285
Okay... I'll try my best to make it work as a sarcastic /x/ post. There's a very large lake that was built by flooding a town called gad and its surrounding areas. There's a specific spot where you can swim that is on the road leading to the flooded town. They say if you walk through the woods to a spot near the bridge there's a rock ≈70 foot from the water. The rock is called pussy rock. At night you can hear loud moans, during the day you can hear screaming and the surrounding trees are covered in panties and condoms.
>the rock is super high off the water
>its actually dangerous to jump off as there a facing about 3 feet out from the spot you jump from you can hit
>you're a pussy if you won't jump
>people also fuck on the rock
>>
>>19393305
I'll ask her to send them over, there's literally a halloween one with little masks they made themselves. I'd never thought about it before but those children must have stayed in the village after it closed and it would explain the sort of old people you see there.
>>
Place called the witch tunnels by my buddy's house. Old military firing range with tunnels under it so soldiers could move around with out worrying about being shot. Supposedly witches and other cults go up there for rituals. Buddy says cop was murdered up there so police rarely go up there. Old ammo dump has random hole in the ground that's a good 25 foot drop to the bottom.
>>
Awesome thread op
>>
The closest thing my town has is that there is some house near where i live that no one lived in for the longest time but in perfect condition (around 10 years or so) and people said its haunted, but i assume the rumor stopped when some family moved in

I really wish my town had some ghost stories or myths, because what i wrote here seems pathetic of a story

>tfw i tried finding stories on my town and all i got was someone with the same last name as my town and my town on wikipedia
>>
In central Mexico they say that people walking through the hills have seen on a cave in place where they know there's nothing there. They go in and there's an aristocratic figure at the end of the came surrounded by gold. You can take the gold but you have to get all of it or none of it. Peoples greed leads them to try and run out with whatever they can once they see it's impossible to carry everything out. They get whipped by the man until they drop every last piece of gold on their body.

I'm missing a few details, but that was the gist of it. There's also stories of headless donkeys, tree fairies, cursed rings, albino dog representing death, trickster snakes, hidden gold, etc. All within a three town radius with small populations (~50, ~150, ~600)
>>
habbened last night

>currently staying at a rental place because my house is getting repainted
>remember that i forgot medications in my room before i packed up, and also i left my hammock on the trees so i could at least grab that if nothing else (meds aren't life and death but they help)
>drive like forty minutes to the house while feeling a slow crescendo of anxiety that gets worse the closer i am
>finally get there and feel intensely uneasy when i pull up
>recalling every weird fucking dream ive had of that place that involved either zombies, aliums, or intense hauntings, and there were a lot of them to boot for some reason
>try the front door but the fucking painters locked the deadbolt too and i didnt bring the key for it
>KAY COOL WHATEVER
>grab hammock, throw it into car, and pull away from the neighbourhood as fast as possible without being suicidal

i felt like i was living in one of those haunting dreams. it was like it was my house only through physical appearance. the house was built too, and im the only person whos owned it thus far
>>
>>19393923
I found some in a town north of me after looking and being disappointed with nothing in my town

>paddock mansion
The owner(s) donated their home to a historical society in the early 1900s, according to legend, Olive Paddock never left, people have reported seeing lights turn on after the museum closes (i assume the museum is the mansion), employees have heard her footsteps at night, and heard her whispers. Two people have reported seeing a woman in a victorian dress standing in a ln upstairs window and going into another room and disappearing.

>henry evans
A person named henry evans murdered 3 friends and an arresting officer with an ax, when he got into court (the first one in the county) and was sentenced to hanging to death, he was buried in Brownville (i think its west of the town), but after people in that town saw his ghost, they demanded that they relocated his bones, they relocated his bones back into the town. He did not rest easy there either because according to legend, people saw a vampire resembling mr.evans, and people demanded that they move his remains and now he lays somewhere outside the city with an unmarked grave (i would be uneasy looking for that grave)

>samuel whittlesey and sarah whittlesey
The whittleseys were found stealing 30,000 USD (supposedly being 400,000 USD today), samuel was dunked over and over in a pond that is near the site of sherman elementary school until he confessed that the money is hidden beneath the hearth of his house and quilted into his wifes garments, sarah was confronted after her husband confessed and she threw herself into the black river where the veterans memorial walkway is today
>>
The house I grew up in was haunted by the ghost of a short man with no feet. I never saw him, but both of my sisters and a few guests did. Sightings were sporadic. He only appeared once every several years and always at the end of the hallway on the third floor. No one who has seen him had any prior knowledge of his existence, but the description was always the same: short, glowing white, legs that faded away at the ankles. There's been no evidence to suggest that he is a mischievous or malevolent ghost. I've been back and stayed the night a few times, and I always sleep in the bedroom at the end of the hallway. So far nothing.
>>
>>19394098
>in a In
I meant to say "in an"
>>
>>19371564
No we can't, because there's no such thing as, "spooky," or, "ghosts." Read science books like the God Delusion, dumbasses.
>>
>>19387630
Sleep paralysis. That pressure you felt was probably your own hand or arm draped across your face. Since your body was paralyzed your brain couldn't figure out what it was.
Same thing happens to me quite often. It's always scary.

Welcome to the club
>>
>>19371564
Not so much a ghost story, but a schoolkid, from my region, hung himself in 2012.
http://www.kentlive.news/fainting-game-claimed-life-tragic-12-year-old/story-13389745-detail/story.html
>>
File: 2_small.jpg (80KB, 340x227px) Image search: [Google]
2_small.jpg
80KB, 340x227px
Closest thing here is the Devil's Chair in Cassadaga. If you leave a beer on the 'chair' overnight the devil will drink it or some bullshit.
>>
>>19372511
I'll tell you about the weird shit that happened at that house

>small objects flying in the bedrooms, like tv remotes and shit
>objects thrown to the trash that reappeared inside the house in the following days
>the entities actually talking to people on the house
>if you threw a ball to the 3rd floor, the kids room, or the backyard the ball returned bouncing back
>overall opresive atmosphere in dark areas, no matter the time of the day
>>
>>19375402
Mexico. the witch thing happened in the highway to Laredo
>>
>>19383586
this was close to the border, but in the mexico side. the tunnels were an escape route for the narcos to flee the neighborhood, not actually crossing the border lol
>>
>>19383613
>be 8-10 yo me
>cousin birthday party at said house and i slept over there
>wake up with a massive headache (idk what hour it was, but everyone was asleep)
>stand up and go to the living room. went to sleep on a couch for no reason
>realise that im alone in the dark.
shitmypants.jpg
>open my eyes and see a silouhette over me.
>she says "go back, somebody is coming". actually feel the thug in my arm as she pulls me to my room
>Im scared because it was dark af, but feel safe because I thought it was my aunt.
>next morning, I apologise for waking her up.
>"I didn't wake up, anon"
>I shit myself again

Years later, my cousins experienced similar stuff with this silouhette, and a 4-year old said there was always an 'strange man in the living room'
>>
>>19371588
Lots of people move out.
If they are there for "a few years" than I think a haunting isn't a problem.
>>
>>19386757
He isn't wrong, though.
>>
>>19378840
I went to a pagan orgy up on Jarvis by the redline stop. Really nice house, supposedly haunted.
>>
I live in Memphis. Spook me something special, y'all.
>>
>>19393021
Yeah, you are a complete idiot.
Speaking of Internet, ignorant fucks like you shouldn't be allowed to use it.
>>
>>19379227
>>19379252
really cool story, thanks for sharing
>>
We have the beast of busco where supposedly there was a bigass snapping turtle in a local pond way back in the late forties. it was never found but it got national attention and they even drained the pond in an effort to find it.
>>
>>19371564
Mantua Ohio, Its pretty chill the village is like a perfect American small town (one gas station, local shops and farms, a pharmacy and stuff). Most of the buildings in the village are pretty old and its got a nice feeling to it in general (Plus they have a festival called the potato festival, shits cash). The township is big af and is mostly just rural houses and stuff. I only know a few myths there but there is some weird sounds and feelings youll get if you just wander around remote areas there.
> There is one highschool there in the village called crestwood and ever since the 70s every year consistently a student has died horribly
> Old haunted tree or something
> Haunted house where husband murdered his family
>>
In the county over from me, there's a haunted bridge. Back in the early 2000's a girl got kidnapped by some rapist chads on prom night + the dudes put a homemade pipe bomb in her mouth to keep her quiet, then dumped her over the bridge. Fucked up part is that she reportedly still lived for a couple hours on the bank. Supposedly, you can hear her screaming at night

Fucked up because it actually happened
>>
>>19371564
I grew up on Dartmoor. There are some interesting tales, such as the Hairy Hands and Jays Grave.

Then there's all the stories of Black Dogs and Hounds, The Devil toying with travellers on the open moorland and why there are valleys that you shouldn't enter because chances are you won't come out.

I don't get to go back that often and I miss it terribly.
>>
>>19394156
I bet you're loads of fun at parties...
>>
>>19387930
>glue factory
>collapse

sounds ironic
>>
>>19394156
you must be very religious or brainwashed at a young age to think spooky creatures don't excist. geez, religion can trick people.
>>
>>19371564
My town is a seaside one in the UK.
Wont specify it as you'll find out if you dig deep enough.

> Had a big seafront and fishing industry in the 1800s and before
> Fishing industry started falling
> Brought people in with circus
> Clowns, sword swallowers, freaks and stuff go on for about 15 years
> An accident happened where a tent got caught on fire
> People evacuated and left one of the performers who was deaf in his tent
> He wasn't ever found and it was assumed the fire got him aswell as two other performers and a guest
> Soon after circus trade dies down and town is now just a tourist spot
> People still claim to see the ghost of the clown around the pier and seafront

Oddly enough he's never spotted where he died. Or spotted doing anything creepy. He's just seen walking around like he's lost.
>>
>>19394435
>If you leave a beer on the 'chair' overnight the devil will drink it

More like some hobo who caught wind of the stupid myth
>>
>>19373241
i don't think anthony fantano lives there
>>
>>19399619
Thanks for the chuckle
>>
>>19378804
travis comes into my friends work all the time
>>
>>19399004
does it flood a lot and do children go missing?
>>
File: 1497221351004.jpg (564KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1497221351004.jpg
564KB, 1920x1200px
>>19371564
We have a local madman called Crazy Joey who does fucked up acrobatic stunts for money - even for loose change, which is pretty paranormal, if you ask me. I mean he literally jumped off from a building for coins.

Once I talked to someone from the capital who asked me where I'm from. When I told him the name of my little town he gasped: "That's where Crazy Joey lives, right?!"
>>
>>19371588
I think a suicide house is about the most common thing anywhere.
>>
>>19375354
In english, please?
>>
>>19384194
Proof of life after death.

>I'll document it one of these years...
>>
>>19383472
are you from the 1700s? why do you own a musket?
>>
>>19401665

No because it isn't IT you idiot.
Like I said. It's just seen as a shade walking around and never interacts with anything.
>>
>>19371564
I got one
Although this is actually something that happened and not a story

About a little over 10 years ago my mother and step father were getting a divorce. My mother, brother and I moved to a town house complex a few miles away to get out of the house, since it belong to my step father

At the time I was 11 or 12 and I had the option of living with my father, either way i was going to a new school district, so i did. This meant that i only saw my mother every other weekend for a while
Whenever I was over though, I always felt uncomfortable in there. I developed a fear of the dark, which I had not had since I was 4 or 5 and I only had when staying in the town house. It always felt like I was being watched and in a place I didn't belong. Really the latter might have been that for the first time I was living in a new place
I remember the basement being the worst part of the house. I refused to go down there alone. It was one huge room, the size of the whole house's length and width. The stairs lead down to a corner of the basement, right next to the washer and dryer. I never, fucking never would go to the other half of the basement. It was thankfully used for storage, but I always felt someone or thing watching me from that half of the basement when I was down there. It always felt like I was in some sort of danger when I was in the basement
When it came to sleeping, I never really did. I developed depression while I was there as well, something i do have today but considering some things i've been through in life staying at that home should not have been the worst of it, but it was. My nights consisted of me staying up with the lights on. my brother's room was next to mine, but seeing as he was much older than me, went to high school, worked a part time job, and partied with his friends, he was never home. I would hear, several times a night the door to the front door open and my brother walk upstairs
>>
>>19371564
The most popular myth in my hometown is of the Norwich Mental Hospital. Pretty brutal place from what I hear, but most of the stories revolve around the ghosts of dead patients who still haunt the property. I think the land was bought by a local casino to build some gay ass amusement park thing, and if true I have every intention of spreading roumors that the amusement park is haunted once it opens. Unfortunately the existing stories, although infamous, are hardly very interesting. You'd probably get more enjoyment from reading the actual history of the real asylum than anything any ghosts could spook up.

Any suggestions for ghost stories to spread once the park opens?
>>
>>19378887
It's been 5 years since I moved to Manchester and I have to say, shit can get real here, real quick. Loads of shootings, rapes, kids missing and shit. Although not as much lately, I guess the crime rate is falling.
>>
>>19404780
Sorry for the shit spacing in my post

My room was next to the stairs so I heard when people went up and down pretty easily. I remember one night, it was constant, the sound of walking up and down the stairs that I went outside my room to ask my brother why he got home so late and if he could keep it down. There was nothing there. I checked my brother's room, he was asleep. Turns out he had the night off and didn't go out that night either. He was in his room all night that night.

After that I knew it wasn't my brother making that noise and it got worse for me. I started also, for some reason picturing a bearded man in my head whenever i heard the stairs make noise.

My brother also got into trouble around this time. He always did hang out with the wrong crowd, but he was in trouble with the cops every other day it seemed. He knew the cops by name, who thankfully liked my brother enough to consistently never press any charges. He and my mother were always going at it too.

I should mention that the house was part of a complex, like a brit styled house or american city where it's a full house but the next house is attached. I never met the neighbors but you could hear the woman and man and their kid often.

One other thing before I get into the real freaky stuff, we had only two TVs and I liked watching G4tv's Cheat and Xplay but of course I was the only one. so i'd watch TV in my mother's room

It was a master bedroom with a closet and bathroom. I, like the basement, felt like I was being watched and it was uncomfortable. unlike the basement, i didn't feel in danger. I always kept checking over my shoulder and to the open closet and bathroom, just instinctively. It was never a good feeling.
>>
>>19404858
Now this is where shit gets fucking weird. Recently I had a nightmare about the fucking place. I decided when I saw my mother, to tell her about it, just as small talk. I told her everything in my first two posts.That's when she got serious with me. Apparently, she had the same experiences, but never wanted to alert me or my brother for various reason.

She said, she often called me downstairs because she was afraid of the basement as well and would hear shuffling in the back half, where i said shit was really creepy.

She often heard noises of doors opening and closing and someone walking up the stairs during the day when i was at my dads, she assumed it was my brother home early, often because he was, and it sounded like he rushed inside, ran up the stairs, and slammed his door but without saying anything. More than a few times she was home alone during these.

We often heard our neighbors, like I said but she actually talked to the guy living there. On more than on occasion we heard a woman and man flirting in the evening and laughing and having a good time, usually when we were all eating dinner. same for a mother and child during the day. The guy living there was a med student who was often not home. He said he was usually out at nights and sleeping during the day and told my mother he lived alone. He apparently never heard us, even though we were a loud bunch

My mother also said she believed my depression and my brother anger, which he had been getting more aggressive was tied to the home. she actually paid for my brother to move out, telling both of us that she thought it would keep him out of trouble more, which it did but she really wanted her son to go back to the way he was, which was a fun loving nice guy and he did almost instantly after moving out.
>>
I mean, my county has Whistler's Inn. And ya'll should already know about that. (It's the next town over.)
>>
File: 1472844159459.jpg (36KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472844159459.jpg
36KB, 500x500px
>>19404925

My mother's boyfriend, who i forgot to mention moved in after about a year also experienced the same shit but only told my mother. He said he often saw people walking around in the other room in the corner of his eye, even when he was alone.

My mother also told me about this man who she often woke up to. He was always standing in the doorway of her room. She described the man who I pictured in my head, but said he had these sunken dark holes where his eyes should be. apparently the look he gave her was one of pure hatred. Like she had done something to royally piss this guy off. He was translucent as well, which I think kept her from calling the cops and assuming it was an intruder.

Also that part of the basement that i was terrified of was right under the master bedroom.

We asked the managers of the town houses if there was a death on the property before moving out or if there was a demolished home or anything to explain the hostility that we all felt from this guy and there was nothing on the property prior to the complex. No deaths at all because it was so new. I kind of wonder if it was maybe demonic or something, To be honest I really don't know much about hauntings or demons beyond horror movies so i could be speaking out my ass, but the thought of that place still scares me pretty badly, in my mid 20's

the thing that scares me the most is part of me wants to go back there and confront it
>>
>>19404798
CT fag?
>>
>>19392365
I live close to there too and I've heard a lot of shit as well such as that place being a popular area to dump bodies. I have yet to visit it at night tho
>>
My school apparently has a haunted auditorium. The drama club put on a show requiring old-fashioned props, and one girl thought it would be a good idea to bring in a jewelry box that her great grandmother gave to her to use as one of the props. Anyway, after that, some weird shit started going down. At first it seemed like some run-of-the-mill poltergeist stuff like the lights going out and weird noises, but it started to get freaky when one of the stage lights came crashing down, almost crushing a student. The last the drama club heard of the haunting was when the sound crew heard "Please don't go" in their headphones while rehearsing at night. Had a friend that got lunch dentention in there once, he said he heard some ugly metal scraping noises every few minutes. Could be a cursed object.
>>
>>19405853
adding on to supposed haunted places in the LA area, there's this closed mental hospital close to where I live and I've visited it but haven't gone inside. It has a shit ton of surveillance since there's a police station on that same block and there's also private security on the spot so it's incredibly hard to get inside. A couple of years ago some police officers using the facility as a training site went inside the hospital and found parts of brains inside some fridges. I'm guessing it's from all the lobotomies done back in the day. It's called Hollydale Mental Hospital in Downey an besides the stigma behind it it's very fascinating look up youtube tours of it
>>
My local elementary is built over a graveyard cuz fuck dead people...jk
>>
File: backto_pol_.jpg (624KB, 1000x767px) Image search: [Google]
backto_pol_.jpg
624KB, 1000x767px
>>19373183
>>
>>19378243
>I have some vague memories about being in bed and seeing a bunch of dim, colored lights dancing around the room

My wife had this happen to her a bunch. Her sister too. Her mom used to deny it, but recently admitted she saw them.
>>
File: mal_speechless.gif (2MB, 330x186px) Image search: [Google]
mal_speechless.gif
2MB, 330x186px
>>19379263
>>
>>19383932
underated comment
>>
>>19371588
The Marsten house?
>>
>>19373183
Back to your garbageboard
>>
>>19373183
kill yourself
>>
>>19384561
The worst kind of cultist
>>
>>19371986
That would be pretty easy to fake. And, who does the purse on the table belong to?
>>
>>19394156
Why are you on x
>>
>>19376154
New Orleans is probably the spookiest city in the South. Charleston, SC has a lot of scary stuff, too.
>>
File: taunton.jpg (24KB, 420x281px) Image search: [Google]
taunton.jpg
24KB, 420x281px
>>19378620
>>
does this vid count?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTOARS8FdWI
>>
>>19372964
Antioch is trash for spoops
>>
>>19386078
Mars gas.
>>
>>19386935
Fox howls sound eerie as shit. Search them on Youtube, you'll freak. They used to scare me to death in Carolina at night.
>>
>>19406806
You ever heard coyotes?
We don't get many foxes sounding off where we live, but coyotes and cougars sounding off when you're outside in your yard at night is something that always makes me want to piss my pants
Also doesn't help that I live right next to dense woodland and I always think there's a wendigo waiting out there. Also doesn't help that there's an Indian burial site less than half a mile from my house
>>
>>19387630
There's a phenomenon like exploding head syndrome where you feel something physical that wakes you up. I've had dreams where I was stabbed or shot and could feel the pain briefly after I woke up.
>>
File: ren-stimpy-rubber-nipples.gif (2MB, 618x469px) Image search: [Google]
ren-stimpy-rubber-nipples.gif
2MB, 618x469px
>>19390121
>>
>>19391748
>kitchen and cleaning maid
Probably spirit of one of the 99% who starved to death.
>>
>>19390121
no fear and burn sage. otherwise idk.
>>
>>19391766
Smells better than live shit.
>>
>>19392753
>>
>>19392882
That's just Detroit "local color."
>>
File: DISAPPOINTED DOG.jpg (68KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
DISAPPOINTED DOG.jpg
68KB, 640x640px
>>19393321
>>
Anybody know of anything in Monterey Bay?
>>
>>19394156
Why come here with a closed mind?
>>
>>19394435
I saw a YouTube video about that. And it's in front of a tombstone that's turned backward from all of the others in the cemetery, right?
>>
>>19395076
Kill yourself, boob.
>>
>>19396413
Okay, you win.
>>
>>19398969
Not as ironic as a structural support factory.
>>
>>19406165
Symptom of detached retina. It can be genetic.
>>
>>19406824
Oh, yeah, plenty of coyotes at night, but they sound like coyotes. Foxes sound like women screaming bloody murder.
>>
>>19371564
Not a pasta, finally decided to share this I guess

Georgia was my home, and it'll always have a special place in my heart. But even the sweet smell of freshly cut grass with locusts in the oak trees couldn't get me to move back there, after what I've experienced. I hold my childhood near and dear to my existence as a person, but it'd take a man damn near braver than I am to go back there after I lived through what I'm about to lay down for y'all.

If you've ever gotten lost down a random backroad, you know how the scenery can change at the drop of a hat into unrestricted plant growth overtaking abandoned buildings without a single person or car in sight. Multiply this by a whole state save for the capital and a few interstates, and you have Georgia. The brush will quickly overtake anything in the land if it isn't kept back and damn near nuked constantly. It's such an unbelievable rate of growth that we were the site of early tests for Agent Orange, and a few tests by Lockheed at the GNAL studying the effects of severe irradiation on plant growth. I'm writing this down because it's an integral part to understand- The brush in Georgia will always win. It will hide, cover, and entrap anything it has access to.

Anyways, to the story itself; I lived in Griffin, a modest town surrounded by podunk names on the map, farmer towns with nothing notable in them. Once you were outside the city limits, unless you were taking 41 north, or heading out to the interstate, you quickly ran into two lane roads that would drag on throughout the land, empty highways without any traffic. A lot of it is just for development that just didn't or hasn't happened. It's a strange feeling to stand in the middle of an empty highway that cuts through thick pine trees on both sides, not a car in sight. It's neat, but depressing in its own way.

(Continued)
>>
>>19407035
I have this. But if it gets bad enough you start seeing lights you have to go to the hospital immediately or go blind.
>>
We have a lake that's haunted by an Indian princess. The story goes something like, she was supposed to meet her lover who was an English settler at the lake, but he never came (he dies, in some versions) and she canoes out to the middle of the lake and kills herself.

She supposedly kills 1 male every year to take as her lover in the afterlife.

Statistically, on average, 1 male dies in the lake every year, never a female.

The last one disappeared while swimming, was found days later 60 ft down wrapped around a tree branch.
>>
Rumour has it around here if you stand in the middle of the street at midnight and clap 3 times, you'll be stabbed
>>
>>19386115
What town in NW AR im in bentonville
>>
File: qfmrYdQ.jpg (1MB, 3715x2089px) Image search: [Google]
qfmrYdQ.jpg
1MB, 3715x2089px
>>19407071
I ended up on one of these highways, out to see family that had moved somewhere south of Milledgeville. This was sometime close to 2010, just before phone navigation had reached the ubiquity that it had post-2012. I knew my way around the state pretty well, nowhere close to every road memorized, but definitely had my head on straight. So when I headed out with just a road name, a free State Farm map, and a general idea of where I was headed, I wasn't too worried.

I passed road after road, mostly trying to keep track of where I was ending up. Long story short, I made a wrong turn off of 441 thinking it was a connector road to the one I was looking for (for privacy reasons I'll call the actual road Ariel Cir, but the one I thought was a connector was Ariel Drive). I get onto the Drive without thinking to check the map since I knew I was roughly around where I needed to be, and spend a few minutes looking out for when it intersects with the Circle. A few minutes turn into 10. 10 turns into 15. 15 turns into 20, at which point the road actually terminates into this expansive, overgrown city-capital looking building (pic related, it really resembles the architecture, but it was four stories instead, and massive).

So at this point I'm really confused. I'm standing outside my truck at the entrance to this huge state government building, which is overgrown and dilapidated as fuck, with no sign of life anywhere.

(Continued)
>>
>>19407129
get to the point, a lot of description with nothing spoopy about it.
>>
>>19406651
FUCKING KEK
>>
>>19378243
>"fuck off"
>"sorry"
Lel the ghosts in your house are pussies
>>
>>19407283
They're dead, not inconsiderate
>>
>>19378243
>when I muttered "fuck off" under my breath, somebody down there said "sorry" and the noise stopped
how nice of them
>>
File: pendleton-tunnel.jpg (54KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
pendleton-tunnel.jpg
54KB, 300x199px
I grew up in Pendleton, OR, we had tunnels running under the town's former red-light district, many of which were used to house Chinese immigrants during the early 1900s, and there's one particular area where people can see or hear someone in the corner of the room (pic related).

There's a particular seat in the high school auditorium that people don't like to sit in because the ghost of a former student is sometimes supposedly seen sitting there.

Also there's a residential road that's split in half by a hill, with a staircase connecting the halves, and I've heard people say that they've had stuff knocked from their hands while walking up the stairs.

I never saw anything weird for myself in the ~9 years I lived there, though.
>>
I don't live in America where there are thousands of small towns in which the average person has an IQ of 94.
>>
>>19394156

Wow, you actually snagged 4 anons with that bait.
>>
>>19379100
nurse ghosts are usually very good at their job

Both my parents are nurses, it's like a lifestyle or something with how they believe in helping people. U of M has that happen a lot
>>
>>19378887
Ever read into the town of Bacup? There are tunnels under the whole town that they can't access or even know where they come out. Only a small collapsed section has been found using maps. Also some kind of beast on the moors, sheep carcass in trees huge paw prints etc. There is a reason the league of gentlemen was filmed there.. ..
>>
>>19371564
>floating disembodied eyeballs
>pedophilic ghosts
>ufos
>the legend of a man with the head of a moose that stands outside peoples homes at night called ol' little big moosknuckle
>>
I live in a medium sized South-West Ontario town, there was a story told by a couple of kids at a local school that took place during a school dance or something like that..
>school dance
>3 kids went down to the bathroom
>closest bathroom to the gym was in the old limestone basement under the school
>while the kids are in the bathroom they heard a tapping on the window
>they look over and saw a man dressed in all white with a shaved bald head and no eyebrows
>he had a hammer and was trying to break the window
>they run upstairs
>no one really believes them put sometimes when your down there you can supposed hear tapping

I've heard some about the abandoned mental asylum and the prison but nothing more
>>
>>19407485
>little big moosknuckle

kek
>>
>>19379191
What town is this? I'm going to Jutland later this year, would like to see it.

Jeg dansk, så evt. links er fine.
>>
Live in a Scottish fishing town, about a dozen years back there was constant stories about a spirit in the woods who would have to be bribed, else he'd make travelling through the woods a nightmare. They weren't even large or long trips, but they'd take a lot longer than reasonable.

Rumour has it the police found a tent in there, with signs someone had lived there.

No one knows if it was a chav or a spooky spirit to this day
>>
>>19406673
>I just want to play video games and the ghost is like knock knock motherfucker
>instant knocking sound
This spook has bantz
>>
File: GameofLife-House.png (954KB, 705x921px) Image search: [Google]
GameofLife-House.png
954KB, 705x921px
>>19407363
>>
Thanks for the good stories everyone.
>>
>>19385489
Beautiful and touching.
>>
>>19386189
WV?
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.