[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about sleep deprivation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: obtqvv5IWo1vur2auo1_500.gif (954KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
obtqvv5IWo1vur2auo1_500.gif
954KB, 500x269px
How on earth do some people go a few days without sleeping?
I've tried before for spiritual purposes but can only skip one night before feeling like death.
>>
Meth.
>>
>>19370879
Any non crack head solution?
>>
I want to OBE at will.
Could training with CEVs of chronic sleep deprivation be a gateway to it?
I haven't a consistent practice but meditation alone seems a dead end.
>>
>>19370877
>for spiritual purposes
What are you doing while you don't sleep? Do you sit around thinking how tired you are? People can go without sleep when their focus is strong on desired activities.
>>
>>19371011
>Do you sit around thinking how tired you are?
I try to engage in some activity like watching movies or reading but I don't have enough motivation to stay focused.
>>
File: unlimited power.jpg (5KB, 351x143px) Image search: [Google]
unlimited power.jpg
5KB, 351x143px
>>19370877
When I was in the military sometimes I would have to go longer than a day without sleep. If you're engaged in something and not just in your bedroom you can do it. Once you reach a certain point you break through a wall and you don't feel tired anymore.
>>
>>19370877
Will can keep you awake, you'll be switching on and off between a dream state and yourself.
>>
>>19371021

you need to push yourself into staying up later and later, ween off sleep

use caffeine at the end of your day

your sleep schedule will go to shit so you have to be free from the matrix first... that's the hard part...
>>
>>19370877
Has anyone (here) ever gone without sleep for like 3+ days? What happens? I've heard hallucinations can happen. Closest I've been to this topic is that Kenny vs Spenny episode.
>>
>>19371506

I used to regularly go 4-8 days without sleep before crashing for a day or two straight. Was a weird time. Seems like all a haze now. I can say back then I was a much more spiritual person, probably from all of the hallucinations that I mistook as spiritual experiences.

After 24-30 hours is when you start getting a slight buzz. You feel pretty good. Time is moving so slow. You can play vidya, read a book, do whatever you want. It will feel like hours have went by when it has only been 20 minutes. You will see shadows in the corner of your eyes. A big one that always happened to me (and is common) is to see spiders and other insects crawling on you.

Around 40+ hours is when audio hallucinations start. You'll think your family / friends said something that they didn't at first. Then you will start hearing shit that doesn't make sense. Some of it can be pretty demonic.

After staying up for 6-8 days, I had a habit of always falling asleep during the sunrise of the final day. I would always get sleep paralysis and astral project at this time. One of the reasons I liked to go without sleep for so long.

But alas, those were during summers when I didn't have to work and just went to school, so it's no longer possible for me to do now. To OP, once you can get past that first 24 hours it becomes substantially easier. Just work your way up. Stay up 24 hours one day. The next time stay up 27 hours. Increase by increments of 3+ hours. Withhold from caffeine until you reach 20 hours, then drink it in small doses. It also helps if you're like me and can get heavily involved in vidya / movies / books that will keep you interested and not want to sleep.
>>
>>19370877
amphetamines. not meth.
>>19371506
I went about 83 hours without sleep at most. In the past i stayed up anywhere from 40 to 60 hours at a time while abusing adderall. around 50 hours you start to lose track of where you are and what youre doing. Around 60 hours you start to get a general feeling of paranoia and unease with minor hallucinations such as "seeing" vibrations.

At my longest (about 83 hours awake) i was hallucinating pretty hard. Stationary things seemed to be moving. When i finally did get into bed i spent about 10 min looking at the blanket on my bed because it seemed to be moving around without being touched, kinda like a snake. Bad times, i dont suggest doing it.
>>
>>19371542
>visual
This isn't do to sleep deprivation but my eyesight isn't great, maybe very very faintly noisy but I have noticed things in the corner of my vision. It's uncommon, usually after being spooked,and it's night meaning I've probably been up for a while. I've never seen bugs on me for a split second, but maybe in the corner of my bedroom when I'm actually going to bed. That thought only lasts a split second then I realize it's just discolouration in the hardwood or something.

>audio
There was one time when I was trying to sleep, maybe I woke up, or I was just laying down the whole time. Maybe I just went to bed, but the scene starts with me laying in bed and I swore I could hear demonic chanting. I believe it started as the sound of a "radio". Just, indecipherable chatter to the left of me, I don't remember noise. If I told you it sounded like a radio its probably what you imagine it would be. I think there was also sections of music but it would be one small 'riff' or section and it would repeat for a bit. Then it turned into some kind of deep chanting that seemed to be outside to the right. I don't think my window was open but this was years ago.

The next morning everything was fine. I don't think I was sleep deprived beyond a normal person, I don't have any mental illnesses or disorders. I don't think my house is haunted, and if it is somehow I know the family member who it might be who didn't even die here, but he would either be nice or neutral.

Consider my shitty story a bump.
>>
>>19371542
>After staying up for 6-8 days
Can you be productive during that time?
Like studying and stuff like that.
>>
>>19371828

Absolutely not. I did all of this during summers when I was out of school and didn't have a job.

You can basically just be a homebody during that time. Watching tv, reading shit, browsing the internet, meditating
>>
>>19371926
Did a week feel like a month?
I often read about this in polyphasic sleep accounts where sleep time is restricted.
>>
I went a little crazy right after I got out of highschool. I had been working since I was 14 so I had some $ saved up but I didn't know what I wanted to do so I went on a journey across America.

Just drove around the country pretty aimlessly. Would see some friends from other towns and stuff, did a lot of camping all over the place.

Anyway I developed a habit of not sleeping sometimes just driving for days on end with no particular destination.

I spent a year on the road and probably crossed the country 50 or 60 times. Sometimes I would drive from 1 coast to the other just to see how long it would take and if I could do it faster than last time.

Longest I stayed up was 5 days. Holy shit!!! Hallucinations visual and audible. Micro dreams where you are away but your brain just shuts off and you start dreaming.

I really fried my brain after that year. Took me a while to be able to sleep normal again. I swear it took years off of my life
>>
i was taking a lot of Adderall and staying up for days at a time playing around on FL Studio making beats. When i would finally go to rest i would legit hear full symphonies coming from the white noise from my fan. Closing my eyes and seeing complex geometric shapes and fan symphonies were kind of interesting.
>>
>>19372063
I think years off your life is more of a saying than a literal meaning, but I know what you mean, I do think it would progress your aging in the sense that it would have been harder for your body to recover physical tire etc when you've been going for 5 days straight, it would probably have a lasting effect on your mental state and everything else. You know what I mean? Lol
>>
Sometimes when I'm in a maniac mood, or a mixed state, I won't be able to sleep for days at a time. I just don't get tired or sleepy.
>>
>>19370885
Yes
Adderall
>>
>>19372597
I said non crackhead.
>>
>>19372603

why are you against using chemical aids? are you not going to drink caffeine either? that means you just have your own willpower. there's no secret techniques to staying awake jfc
>>
>>19370885
Meth
>>
File: napchart_uberman.png (29KB, 406x419px) Image search: [Google]
napchart_uberman.png
29KB, 406x419px
>>19372630
See above.
Polaroids need no drugs to stay awake.
>>
>>19372729
It's only possible if you live alone without any kind of social interaction. Miss even one of those sleeps or getting disturbed in your sleep and your entire schedule is fucked up and will take days to repair/stabilize.
>>
>>19371021
You got to do something active keep your blood flowing go walking take something apart to see how it works and also stimulants but other than drug induced I've never made past two days. But I tell you if you wind it out past 4 or 5 days things get all kinds of wierd audio/ visual hallucinations and paranoia mood swings and more
>>
>>19372948
I've already experienced auditory hallucinations.
Honestly I'd be thrilled to hear some crisp voice instead of vague dialogues.
I'd like to listen to some music in my head as well, happened once when I was a kid.
>>
>>19371506
I once stopped sleeping for about 8 months. I'm not sure exactly how long it lasted. It damaged my memory pretty badly. Paranoia sets in quickly. Your mind can't find peace. Auditory hallucinations. Visual distortion becomes vivid hallucination. The above combine to make life a waking nightmare. I still suffer a lot of mental and physical impairment, and it's been about ten years since.
>>
Get addicted to playing an MMO. Not one of those silly softcore children MMOs like wow (10 years ago would have been different). Or do something equivalent. Get your brain on autopilot and turn off the rest of your systems. Try to use as little stimulants as possible, they will just make it harder because they wear off, and if you over do it you will damage your body.
>>
>>19371542
I've been bouncing a theory around in my head about sleep deprivation and being in a simulation
what if the reason we need sleep is so that our operating system can be updated to the simulations updated changes and commands and such and when you don't sleep for several days the hallucinations that you experience are glitches because your operating system is not running smoothly with the simulation your out of sync if you will
Sooner or later sleep always wins no matter what and you get the updates needed to keep the simulation running smoothly on your operating system as it should
>>
>>19370877
its easy when you have lifelong insomnia- i cant sleep unless im physically trying to

its horrible and not worth it though. You just feel like death and then you feel more and more like it until you're in your own personal hell

i tried seeing how long i could stay up once, and after two and a half days i started getting bad hallucinations so i forced myself to stop and get some sleep

I knew it wasnt worth it when i saw i gigantic shadow maw covering all of the sky going towards me
>>
>>19373065
>I once stopped sleeping for about 8 months.
Why did you go cold turkey?
>>
>>19373173
Honestly don't know why I stopped sleeping. As far as i know, it just happened. I know that in the early stages, i would lay down to sleep, and give up after a few hours of staring at the wall. Don't know why I started sleeping again either.
>>
>>19370877
I served in the russian army in a security unit, we had a few people and almost everyday we needed to guard something against cosmic invaders, because i dunno who could want to rob a repository of pillows and blankets... So we had only 3-4 hours in a day for sleeping, also we had very hard training and after a couple of months in this regime I started to feel fucked up and one day had special state of counsciousness: suddenly all feelings, thoughts and wishes dissapeared, no emotions, no somehing to wish, no perspective, NO ME, only an army song is playing in the head, i was feeling like a zombie, becuase I did everything that was ordered but had no feelings and extra thoughts, only the dark emptiness... That's all I know about sleep deprivation and think that's enough to be carefull with all that experiments with sleeping.
>>
>>19373233
You were guarding pillows and blankets and you weren't allowed proper sleep?
That's hilarious.
>>
Some stuff from wikipedia i thought was interesting.

>Multiple studies have observed that individuals subjected to total sleep deprivation for extended periods spanning multiple days may feel "helplessly sleepy" up until the fifth day, upon which all observed individuals would feel what may be described as a second wind.[9] This particular form of the experience has been dubbed the "fifth day turning point" (Pasnau et al. 1968).

>Care should be taken as to avoid administering hypnotic medications too early as the medication may reach peak action during the wake maintenance zone. Not only could such negate the effectiveness of the sleep-aid, but may cause users of the drug to experience disinhibition, hallucinations, or other dissociative phenomenon if they remain awake.[3]
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.