[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

(Lucid) Dreams General and Astral Travel Theory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1465880599518.gif (711KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1465880599518.gif
711KB, 640x640px
Consider the following:
>train yourself to lucid dream
>imagine dreaming a universe where you recreate everything in your dreams that you do while your awake (i.e. dream about the meals you've eaten that day, the clothes you wore, the human encounters you've had, the tasks you performed etc.)
>every night for years you do this
>one night you are artificially put to "death" during the deepest point of REM sleep where you are presumably carrying out your lucid dreaming tasks

I know little on this subject but I am curious if by doing this, we could prove that every possible outcome of our universe exists and that dreaming is a way of tethering our subconscious to other realities -- if you can control your dreams and dream about a reality identical to your conscious real-world reality, could you in theory be able to manipulate events in the real world if you were to die while in that state? There would no longer be a physical body anchoring your conscious to "this" reality so either you'd be dead and forever lost in the further or maybe....just maybe....we can prove the multiverse theory....

Am I crazy or is this possible?
Can dying in your sleep lock you into that dream's reality? And can the dream world overlap with our own?

Also this is slightly unrelated but is it possible for people to share dreams? I've had plenty of extremely hyper-realistic dreams about my waifu and sometimes wonder if she's ever been somehow traversing my subconscious with her own to push me to talk to her...and if not, do you think it's possible that she knows (subconsciously) whenever I have one of these dreams? Could that be the secret behind the whole "girl of my dreams" phenomena?

>inb4 I'm high
I actually haven't smoked in 2 months and this is what happens whenever I stop -- my dreams come back at full force
>>
>>19370822
(cont.) I'm arguing that the key to traversing the multiverse and manipulating "this" reality is to die in your sleep during a Lucid dream in which you're imagining a universe exactly like "this". You may not end up in this same universe -- in fact you'd probably just die and be perceived as just dead by anyone you leave behind in your initial universe, but you could travel to a universe EXACTLY LIKE THIS ONE in which you're the force behind why a ball moved across a table in front of a bunch of psych-research engineers while your body lays cold and dead on the table next to it. The problem at that point would obviously be how to bring you back but it's possible that all it is is an astral projection across universes -- you could just pick whichever destination you want to exist in and forever be in a dream state in that reality (to the observer it'd be a dream state but to you you'd essentially be immortal in another plane). or just choose to die.
>>
So I just tried to astral project for the second time. The first time was 5 or 6 years ago, got some intense vibrations and my heart started racing and I snapped back to reality. This attempt kind of scared me though
>lay on my back in bed listening to binaural beats and focusing on my breathing
>random intrusive thoughts pop up, try to wash them away with my breathing
>start feeling vibrations all over but mostly in my hands and face
>heart starts to race but I'm able to calm myself
>try to move around in my astral body. First try to clench hands, try to roll over, grab the rope etc.
>try to clench hands around, start to realize my real hands are clenched and shaking.
>sit and can't unclench my first and my face was tight and having muscle spasms
>had to use my thumb to open my first because I physically couldn't open my hands
>hold my hands like I'm praying or then just clench shut.
This went on for 5 minutes or so, now my hands are all shaky. What the fuck?
>>
I've died in non lucid dreams before. I always wakeup, because the mind doesn't know how to perceive death.
>>
>>19371595
this always happens to me too. However in one dream i didnt wake up and was completely stuck in this empty darkness, where it felt like my chest was torn and spread. My girlfriend said i was shaking and moving around a lot and then i woke up to the sound of my own screaming.
>>
>>19370822

>Can dying in your sleep lock you into that dream's reality?

I've died in plenty of dreams.

But I've died IRL too, so, your mileage may vary.
>>
>>19372178
>>19371595

I guess I should specify here, when I say "die" I mean like actually fucking die.

I've died in lucid and non lucid dreams a few times in the past and it's just like you said, you just wake up. But what happens if while in a lucid dream, a doctor were to inject you with some serum that stops your heart temporarily -- for say, 6 minutes -- then shock you back to life? Is that even possible while in that deep of a dream state? Would your body wake you up to alert you of your impending death or would you just be trapped in your mind (sorta like a coma except your completely unaware of the fact that you're in a coma). I realize this is all conjecture and might seem crazy but humor me
>>
>>19372208

Well... Try it?
>>
>>19372208
Watch the movie "flatliners"
>>
>>19371515
You just got yourself all cramped up. No worries.
>>
I've been trying to ap lately, and not having any luck. I think part of my problem, with ap or lucid dreams, is that I can't sleep on my back.
I need to be on my side to get relaxed, but the techniques don't seem to work with that.
>>
>>19372218
holy fuck I've never heard of this movie but I'm definitely going to watch it (the original from 1990) -- also the experiment as depicted in the 2017 remake is essentially what I'm describing except imagine if it was done with the patient (for lack of a better word) in deep REM sleep -- with all the same conditions as listed in the OP
>>
>>19370822
The picture for the thread got me excited that this could be a marauder thread. :(
>>
>>19372403
But why did that happen? It honestly felt like a sort of partial sleep paralysis
>>
Its all related to the right hemisphere of the brain. But we have to sync.

Look into hemi-sync on youtube. There is a 2hr video that you will def get lucid feelings with
>>
>>19374897
For how much time were you attempting?
You might have just lost awareness to your body and didn't realize you were clutching until after it started to cramp.
>>
>>19370822
That picture is trippy. I just spent 10 minutes staring at it, no joke. Goes well with delta waves sleep music.
>>
File: dance.jpg (240KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
dance.jpg
240KB, 480x480px
>>19370822
I tend to have an episode of sleep paralysis maybe 3-6 times per month. Of those, perhaps 1 a month I'm able to wrestle into a lucid dream. Some are more controlled than others, but at a bare minimum I know I'm dreaming and do have some control. As far as real spectacular lucid dreams where I have almost full control and can fly, fuck, etc., maybe once or twice a year.

As for the question of purposefully dying, I must say that in quite a few of my less-controlled lucid dreams, they can revolve around base bodily functions, usually either trying to drink water or take a piss. I have never woken up in a puddle of (my own) piss, so I must surmise that willing oneself into true corporeal death in a lucid dream is either not possible, or reserved for only the most advanced astral projectionists, which, if you were able to do that, why would you even bother to will your mortal meatsack into death?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.