[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Lucid Dreaming/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6506.jpg (31KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6506.jpg
31KB, 600x315px
Any expert lucid dreamers here who can give me some tips for achieving my first lucid dream. Wild just doesn't work for me, and I've been trying DILD. What are some good reality checks I can do throughout the day ?
>>
Pinch your nose and try to breathe through it has always been my favorite.
Other than that, KEEP YOUR DAMN DREAM DIARY. It really is important.
Everything else will come on its own.
>>
>>19370052
I always thought the dream diary was to increase Dream recall, but I always felt I had decent dream recall anyways. Also for the reality checks should I do it whenever I remember it or set an alarm every hour or something? I feel like if I use the alarm I'll be too reliant on it, considering I might not always have that trigger in a dream.
>>
>>19370067
Dreams tell and overarching story of your life past present and future, if you can connect the dots in the story the subconscious you will have am easier time gaining lucidity. Also psychedelics.
>>
>>19370067
Whenever you remember is fine.

And the diary isn't just for recall, even though that's the big part of it.
It also serves to reprogram your subconscious mind that dreams are important to you, after a whole lifetime of being conditioned otherwise.
>>
File: IMG_2927.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2927.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
If you're still here OP, ask away.
>>
>>19370182
Alright well first for WILD, I've tried attempting it both before I go to bed and immediately after I wake up. What I find is i lie there, not thinking of anything or moving, and watch the hypnagogic imagery on my eyelids, but never get past that stage. Why is that?

For DILD, how many reality checks a day is a decent amount ?

>>19370116
>>19370098
Interesting, I'll take my dream diarys much more seriously now.
>>
>>19370116
I really hope your wrong the dreams I have seen show awful events.
>>
>>19370234
>after I wake up
>but never get past that stage. Why is that?

If you're falling asleep while performing WILD, you're doing it wrong. Hence, WAKE induced lucid dreaming. The key is to lie there awake and keep your mind awake - while your BODY falls asleep. If you're having hypnagogic imagery/thoughts but then no lucidity after - you're probably falling asleep shortly after.

>For DILD, how many reality checks a day is a decent amount?

I'd say until it becomes second nature. I've heard 3, 4, 5 etc. times a day. But if you're not getting results - perform them more throughout the day.
>>
>>19370285
So you're saying I can performs wild at any time during the day, as long as I'm awake? I was told that it's much harder to attempt it during the day or even before bed, and to combine it with WBTB because it works best when you're in REM sleep, and you'd only get to the REM stage 5-6 hours after sleeping. Also I'm not falling asleep while doing it, I'm wide awake laying there up to an hour with no results.
>>
>>19370321
You can perform WILD, MILD, DILD, and every such lucid dreaming method so long as you're "asleep" long enough, yes. But it doesn't matter the time - people have experienced them midday in an afternoon "nap".

https://youtu.be/lYSX51xBkos
>>
>>19370029
Stop fapping.
>>
>>19370349
Alright, thanks for clearing that up. Back to my other question. Why can't I get past the hypnagogic stage? Also is there a particular method that's beginner friendly ? I heard wild is really advanced and is the holy grail of LDing.
>>
>>19370373
>hypnagogic stage?

You're probably falling asleep. If you're not obtaining lucidity, then you either need to realize sooner (that you're dreaming/asleep) or you need to be more aware of reality checks. I'd perform them more often.

>Also is there a particular method that's beginner friendly

Try MILD first. This is where you think of previous dreams (if you're keeping a dream journal), tell yourself you're going to lucid dream, and then when you have that dream again - maintain lucidity w/out waking up. I've heard it has the most success.

>I heard wild is really advanced and is the holy grail of LDing

WILD IS advanced. I wouldn't recommend for beginners - but it can be spookier.
>>
>>19370449
You're not getting it, I don't fall asleep. The hypnagogic stage is a stage in the wild lucid dreaming process where shades of green and blue start to flash over your eyes. It means I'm doing it right but for some reason I can't seem to get past that stage. I'll lay still with a blank mind for a good hour and just give up and go to sleep normally.
>>
>Notice that I'm in a dream
>So excited to finally have sex
wake up
>>
>>19370505
No, you're incorrect.

A) I've never read anywhere that you HAVE to experience visions of green and blue in order to obtain lucidity in WILD or otherwise in any another method. Flashes of colors, yes, can occur; but not necessarily every time. I've had flashes of black and red.

B)
>I'm doing it right but for some reason I can't seem to get past that stage. I'll lay still with a blank mind for a good hour and just give up and go to sleep normally

Then you're performing WILD incorrectly. You'd experience: sleep paralysis, hypnagogic visions of dark figures approaching you, and you'd definitely not have a blank mind while your body was asleep.

So, I'm sorry; but I'm calling you out on your "bullshit"
>>
>>19370029
Learn that the external world is only a dream, learn that sleep is only an altered state meant to blind you from the truth and learn what self is to realize the truth. You can't do it because you avoid the truth, you're afraid of the truth, and its stopping you from reaching your full potential, so instead you must embrace the truth which is what you fear.
>>
>>19370505
>The hypnagogic stage is a stage in the wild lucid dreaming process where shades of green and blue start to flash over your eyes.

I don't know what these snake oil salesmen are trying to sell kids these days but what you describe has never happened to me before.

The hypnagogic stage of sleep is literally just your point of reference is focused upon a chaos being generated by your mind, kind of like watching TV, you become totally entranced by it. In other words you are unconscious of the fact that you are separate from your thoughts and thus you drift deeper and further away from being aware. At that point your brain/body is flooded with neurotransmitters, that signal to the body to shut down for repair. At the same time your brain is releasing more DMT which is creating an alternate reality for your mind to occupy.

You need to understand that you are only self awareness that is a temporary pausing moment within the now/present that is observing it self for brief moments at a time. You must therefore learn to be in this now/present moment for longer periods of time, you must already be aware of reality checks, such as switching on or off a light.

This gist of what I'm saying is you need to fall asleep and be conscious of it happening, the art of lucid dreaming and astral project is in knowing you have already fallen asleep. You will have these moments when your mind drifts into bizarroworld as you fall asleep, most noticeable when very tired and the trick is to not give in to the astonishment when you realize you're actually just dreaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grcqs9cDuN8

Once you get to that stage you need to work on making it last longer, tricks for this are things like looking at and rubbing your hands (none physical hands) spinning around etc.

Don't be overly concerned about all that shit on the net, some of it is relevant but most of it is just garbage made by people who fucking suck and are just trying to rip people off.
>>
I've lucid dreamed many times. Not once have I been able to control the world or have special powers. WTF is going on? Why are my dreams broken?
>>
>>19371113
>Why are my dreams broken?
Fear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeqmKwsvM58

let go of ego and doubt.
>>
>>19370029
Develop a habit, every time you see a clock, check it. Every time you see a mirror, check it. Every time you see print, check it. Those are common tells, but they don't work for everyone (me, for example).

Your dream diary may suggest indicators that are specific to you, such as recurring themes you can keep an eye out for.

Techniques like WILD are a crutch. What you want is to be becoming aware, during the regular course of your nightly dreams, that that's where you are.

Watching Inception a few more times will probably help. The how-did-I-get-here thing really works.

>>19371113
You're getting in your own way, clearly, but I can't say how. Perhaps you're just not imaginative. I mean, do you not have special powers in dreams normally? Like if you were in a fight with Musketeers, would you not yourself have a rapier and a silly hat? Or would you just be regular you?

Without knowing more, the only thing I can suggest is to watch a lot of anime, particularly shonen titles like Naruto, Bleach, and Dragonball. Especially right before bed. When the thematic content of your dreams involves special powers, it'll be much easier to play along.
>>
I've wanted to have a wet dream for an extremely long time, and I've decided this week I'm finally going to do it

I came so close last night. Basically I've been repeating to myself "tonight, I will have a wet dream" or "tonight, I will reach climax" or stuff like that.

Last night I realized I was in a dream, but couldn't materialize a girl, so I started fapping. I came close, but I didn't cum. I was so upset when I woke up.

Any advice, anons?
>>
>>19371832
>be dreamin
>im at the rooftop of some kind of hotel and there's a party
>most of the party im talking to chicks
>one guy goes batshit and shoots someone
>me and this hot chick in a black dress get in an elevator
>start making out and purposedly fuck up the elevator so it goes up and down without opening
>im rubbing my dick on this girl's ass
>turns out she's a trap
>blow a gigantic load all over her
>tfw i wake up after 10/10 wet dream no ragrets
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.