[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mysterious Stairs In The Woods?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

I've been reading lately about these stairwells that supposedly exist out in the woods, in random spots. There's all kind of talk. Some people believe they're doorways to other dimensions or worlds. Some believe they're cursed, and that those who walk them suffer gruesome or mysterious deaths. Some think it's all bullshit.

What say you, /x/? Is this just some reddit-tier shit, or is there something to this?
>>
File: 100_1636.jpg (49KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
100_1636.jpg
49KB, 400x300px
>>19368209
literally fake. Chimneys in the woods are the real story
>>
>>19368209
Looks like it was placed there to fish off of when the water lever raises up.
>>
>>19368209
The guy that wrote the stories on reddit, after gaining much attention, admitted it was all made up. Still spooky, but nothing more than a campfire story.
>>
There's some greentext around from a guy that was a Ranger describing a bunch of crazy pseudo-/x/ shit that he saw.

I'm not going to dig it out, but he mentions these stairs. The guy that trained him said to just stay away from the things, though I can't remember what else he said about them.

Personally, I think they're just fuckin stairs. You walk up them and can look around and shit.
>>
>>19368227
Yeah, that's what I'd read. Kind of disappointed if that's the case.
>>
>>19368239
True, but for the hour it took to go through all the stories, gotta admit, the hook was set.
>>
>>19368209

Imagine you're an art student, and you can't really do any good art, so you need to do something people will talk about at least... From the architecture """"""art"""""" this comes probably in the top 10, just after building a giant plastic phallus in the middle of the square.
>>
Actually

I traveled a lot through Maine and I have seen random ass sets of stairs in the woods
It's pretty eerie lol
>>
>>19368227

Why do people do that anyways? You've got a good spooky story, what's the point in showing up later and saying "nah stop having fun it's not real"? I'll never get why creators do this. I mean we all already know its not real, but something about the creator of the story saying so sucks all the fun out of it.
>>
File: 1477249413129.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1477249413129.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>19368299
Truth.
>>
>>19368228
It's among the most popular series of r/nosleep

great stories
>>
>>19368303
I never thought it would be possible to have this much feels about a picture of the woods without a staircase in it.
>>
>>19368312
That reddit thread is material plagiarized wholesale from a much older 4chan thread. You fucking newfags.
The OP of that thread returned twice to post more stories but eventually disappeared, so some of these stories may actually be based on real events.
>>
>>19368312
The best I've read on that subreddit. Can anyone else suggest more of a similar quality?
>>
>>19368290
Like, from old houses, or...?
>>
>>19368299
>implying that the creators don't do this because they were contacted in person by the government to make their stories seem fake.

W H E W, I thought I was on /x/ when did you guys stop being so skeptical?
>>
these are used in real estate to show the view you can expect once the home has been built in a particular area... get a life, larper
>>
>>19368652
That's what they want you to think.
>>
>>19368213
Chimneys from burnt down buildings and the flrest grew up around them, what else would they be?
>>
Some art project that People will talk about wondering if they go anywhere magical or if just leftover from some building thats been standing there.

Can also be used to take funny picture too
And if youre in the Woods for the exercise you can run up and down the stairs

Not a bad project
>>
>>19368209

No there isn't "all kinds of talk".
It was literally made from a Reddit sub forum where you create a fake story, and everyone posts like it's real.

They don't exist as spooky arm slicing demon stairs. They do exist as stairs which were attached to buildings before a fire or other damage.

No there's nothing paranormal about them.
>>
>>19368735
This. Reminder that most OC on the internet originate from Reddit. Moot was a redditor himself when he founded 4chan.
>>
>>19368303
w8 why are the trees painted in reverse ?
>>
>>19368643
there's a fine line between being skeptical and being a complete retard.
>>
Seems like something a woodsman might climb to get a vantage point while capping bambi's delicious venison ass.

A Hunter would want a platform to chill on however...and some camouflage...but I could see an older gentleman using stairs for a hunting stand instead of a ladder.

Mind you OP pic is nothing like that...but logically that's what forest stairs could be used for.
>>
>>19368343
Post archive link or stfu
>>
>>19368303
where is that, anon?
>>
>>19368209
It's great finding odd, out-of-place stuff in the woods. As long as it doesn't impact the local ecology, stuff like this is nice.
>>
Used for homemade abortions, woman walks off the end and poof!
>>
>>19368299
It was pretty obvious when he started talking about people exploding and getting limbs sheared off from walking up fucking enchanted staircases
>>
>>19368735
No, there really is all kinds of talk. It's turned into something of an urban legend. Some dumbass reads the story and believes it's real, tells other people the bare bones of it, they don't know better and pass it on.

>>19368761
You're thinking of SomethingAwful Forums. Reddit is younger than 4chan by a few years.

>>19369718
Agreed. Amateurs tend to take things too far and ruin the mystique they're trading on. He was doing okay when he was ripping off Missing 411, and the stairs were a good addition, but he got greedy.
>>
>>19368343
I remember this. I've never been to leddit and I never will.
>>
>>19368209
>I've been reading lately about these stairwells that supposedly exist out in the woods
Howdy newfriend
>>
>>19368214
I can actually believe that
>>
>>19368209
Old fey portals. Mostly closed and abandoned nowadays. Not much to see there.
>>
They're for bird watching.
>>
>>19368540
Some of them were some old derelict houses and some were just out of place. Like as if someone deliberately placed them there to fuk with people
>>
>>19370082
>calling someone new
>on /x/
Please, not everyone constantly browses this slow fucking board constantly so they can read every fucking story.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WK96ZLIBRA
>>
>>19372151
To be fair, this is one of the most popular stories on the most popular (maybe only) creepy amateur fiction subreddit. It might not be common knowledge, but neither is it obscure.

The safest way to avoid being called new is to lurk until one is no longer new. Better than lurking the board constantly (because it is slowish) would be studying the archive until your curiosity is satisfied.
>>
>>19368721
So what else would the stairs be?

Nothing duh, that's my point
>>
>>19369974
don't knock it before you try it, senpai. just because it's not cool to like it here doesn't mean you need to be a sheep.
>>
>>19368643
>must be the evil gubimimint!
lol lay it off mate
>>
>>19368209
I think you are inventing a conversation you have "heard" for the purpose of triggering a LARPing session online. Fag
>>
>>19368299
I had intended to keep the series ambiguous, but there were some real-life issues that forced my hand. I wasn't really expecting the series to get THAT popular, nor did I think people would... well... believe it as strongly as they did! This led to David Paulides, the man behind the Missing 411 series, being inundated with calls and 'tips'. I reached out to him to see if it was becoming an issue, and received a very curt reply that made it clear I would be in a lot of legal trouble if I didn't admit it was fiction. Not the way I wanted things to go, but I couldn't risk being sued.

>>19368312
Thank you!

>>19368343
Unless I'm mistaken, it's an original idea I created and posted to Reddit. If there was a series prior, I've never seen it.

>>19372017
how did you know

If anyone else has any questions, or if I need to post proof that it's really me, I'll gladly post a screenshot from inside my Reddit account.
>>
>>19374304
Are you actually a search and rescue guy?
>>
>>19368299
>what's the point in showing up later and saying "nah stop having fun it's not real"?
yeah anon, why would they do that
>>
File: 1500963455759.jpg (8KB, 209x241px) Image search: [Google]
1500963455759.jpg
8KB, 209x241px
>>19368761
>moot was a redditor
>>
>>19369536
underrated
>>
>>19372151
You're fucking new because this story is widely known and you'd have to be either an idiot or novice to not know it. I'm suspecting you're of the latter variety due to that autistic explosion you released with your post.
>>
>>19375746
No, I don't read them as the same poster. I can see where they're coming from—calling "newfag" when newfaggotry isn't interfering with discussion is a symptom of newfaggotry.
>>
>>19374304
can you post a picture pls
>>
>>19374304
The story of the couple dropping the babby off the cliff really fucking disturbed me you asshole.
>>
File: back to reddit.jpg (174KB, 712x1024px) Image search: [Google]
back to reddit.jpg
174KB, 712x1024px
>>19368209
>pic related
>>
i once bought up all the childrens dolls from a local thrift store and hiked into the woods and hanged them all from a single tree using shoelaces. someday my tree will be found.
>>
>>19372981
There being chimneys and no stairs makes sense. Easy to build a 1 story house, but since you're in the backwoods before electricity you needed a fireplace. Hence the chimney.

Why're there so many stairs with no chimneys near by? Did these people just go out there, build a house, and then freeze to death?
>>
>>19377844
IDK I didn't put em there
>>
People love bullshit, now you know a great secret.
>>
>>19377352
We need more people like you
>>
File: 1501443527522.png (2MB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
1501443527522.png
2MB, 1600x1064px
>>19368209
Is a precious art anon ,you understand ?
>>
>>19368209
>What say you, /x/? Is this just some reddit-tier shit, or is there something to this?
Probably nothing but it is still the most interesting shit I've seen on this board all night. Might just be some rich guy wanted to share a view of a natural vista. Might also be art, a symbol, or a gateway to another dimension. Can anyone locate a few of these?
>>
>>19377932
The blood on that person's lip gave me razorburn, you fuck
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.