[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We should re discover what lies beyond religion.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: plato-allegory-of-the-cave.jpg (100KB, 900x508px) Image search: [Google]
plato-allegory-of-the-cave.jpg
100KB, 900x508px
We should re discover what lies beyond religion.
>>
Do you mean the underlying metaphysical forces that gave rise to religion, or am I misunderstanding what you mean?
>>
>>19367671
While this is true, I can't help but feel that it's just more of the same irrelevant, contentless garbage that won't motivate any actual exploration.
>>
What lies beyond religion are irritable fogeys who didn't have answers, but did have narcissism sufficient that they weren't going to admit it.
>>
>>19367686
Close. But they didn't give rise to religion. Greed and lust for power and coontrol gave rise to religion.
And religion uses a twisted and corrupted understanding af these forces you mention.
>>
The Perennial Philosophy is primarily concerned with the one, divine Reality substantial to the manifold world of things and lives and minds. But the nature of this one Reality is such that it cannot be directly and immediately apprehended except by those who have chosen to fulfill certain conditions, making themselves loving, pure in heart and poor in spirit.
It is only by making physical experiments that we can discover the ultimate nature of matter and its potentialities. And it is only by making psychological and moral experiments that we can discover the intimate nature of mind and its potentialities. In the ordinary circumstances of average sensual life these potentialities of the mind remain latent and unmanifested. If we would realize them, we must fulfill certain conditions and obey certain rules, which experience has shown empirically to be valid.
>>
Religion is akin to an operating system.

And our hardware is capable of much more that this pozzed OS offers.

Let's get rid of it.
>>
File: maxresdefault(2).jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(2).jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
>>19367728
[Much more than what this]*
>>
>>19367718
It presents a strange paradox.
For the most part, people seem to need faith in something, but religion is so easily corrupted by greed as you mention.
In religion surveys the "spiritual but not religious" category has been getting more popular, though.
>>
That is what the Ancient Alien theorists have been doing.
>>
>>19367718
God gave rise to religion, what are you on about

churches and sects can devolve into corruption, but religion as it is is divine
>>
>>19367898
Religion is not divine, faith is.
Morals, and a good heart are divine.

Religion is none of that.
Religion claims to be about that, but clearly it antagonizes its claims.

The concept of god is another subject altogether
>>
I have a theory that technology is evil and that coupled with pollution, are the main obstacles to divine vision.
All one would need to do is erect a society that lives off of archaic technology found in Jesus's day to test my theory.
An Amish farmer nowadays would be pretty close, but nowadays they get their clothes from manufactured textiles.
>>
>>19368569
>technology is evil
>he says on 4chan over the internet using a personal computer
>>
>>19368569
That's an interesting thought.
But i think technology just is, humans appply it for good or evil.

I agree on the pollution thing. It literally makes us impure, as in we breathe a ton of unfavorable elements that become part of us on the daily. Our skin absorbs countless chemicals. And our foods are mostly artificial.
You are what you eat , after all.

Its sad that humanity has technology capable of making lives be incredibly better, but greed hampers us so much.
>>
>>19367671
Religion was ushered in for a reason. The masses twisted it over the centuries, unable to shake aggression in its name.

People fought wars. They never came together in love...

...which would mean sharing the world's religions...

...which would mean unlocking the secret truth that is hidden and hinted at in all of them.
>>
File: 1485234784013.gif (1MB, 325x203px) Image search: [Google]
1485234784013.gif
1MB, 325x203px
>>19368588
>Religion was ushered in for a reason.

Yes. And that reason is control.
They wanted to control people, not make their lives better.

You want proof..?
Has it been effective at uniting humanity in peace and respect? Or has it been effective in exploiting its followers with fear of judgment and death?

Its been a long time since religion was introduced,
>>
>>19368581
Don't get me wrong, I think technology has done a lot of "good" things for society, like medicine and availability of water, but I don't think it fits in God's grand design.

If you look at the rest of the universe, it all does it work on it's own. The whole universe is a self-contained system, we don't even find any evidence of God besides the potential intelligence behind this design. All the parts functions together to fulfill some purpose by themselves. The subatomic particles build atoms, the atoms build chemicals, the chemicals build biological organisms, the biological organisms build greater biological organisms, culminating in man. I think for man to fit into this scheme, he should be self-sufficient, only using his man-power for his survival. If he uses technology, something else outside of his system is doing the work for him. I think God could view self-reliance as a necessary virtue of goodness, of which(goodness) is required for an apprehension of the divine.
>>
>>19368604
I understand.

Matter of fact, you got me thinking.
What if the actual creator of existence showed itself to us?
We wouldn't believe it. We would say its a trick, and anything it could do as proof we could claim its some kind of technology.

>'Any sufficiently advance tech is indistinguishable from magic'

In contrast, primitive civilization is thought to be easier to convince in a scenario like this, because people didn't have access to such technology.

Which now leads me further to the bible, where it says that an imposter will come and claim it is god, and to not believe him. (Bibleanon pls help us here)

What if that's the true god and religion wants us to turn it away so the chaos mentioned in revelation happens because god got angry at our incredulous attitude when it came to help us ?
>>
File: john_aikens_levels_conscious.jpg (13KB, 242x270px) Image search: [Google]
john_aikens_levels_conscious.jpg
13KB, 242x270px
>>19368604
You really think a being as unfathomable and perfect as God would allow things to get out of line? Technology is mankind's tool just as mankind is God's tool to experience human life.

>>19368623
God will only revealed themselves to those who are ready mostly because of what you said. I sure as hell didn't believe it the first time it was revealed, in fact it took me a long time to realize that I was unable to rationalize or explain it away and I was forced to accept the truth. Trying to understand the mind of God will drive you mad (or more accurately, remind you that you've been mad this whole time)
>>
>>19368623
>What if that's the true god and religion wants us to turn it away so the chaos mentioned in revelation happens because god got angry at our incredulous attitude when it came to help us ?

I mean,
By their own logic, the higher ups are going to hell for hoarding gold, and using the name of god in vain, decieving the masses, plotting for control, use of technology (since you claim its against god's design), etc..
So why not take everyone they can with them?

This is completely theoretical, obviously.
>>
>>19368645
>You really think a being as unfathomable and perfect as God would allow things to get out of line? Technology is mankind's tool just as mankind is God's tool to experience human life.

Well, I definitely believe in evil, which God seems to allow. No reason why he wouldn't allow other transgressions.
>>
>>19368645
>You really think a being as unfathomable and perfect as God would allow things to get out of line?

It's been out of line for all recoded history, sir.
But you still decieve yourself, blind follower.

This kind of thoughts is what i am trying to remove from mankind. This dependence on an external force to come save you when things "get out of line".

Thanks for the perfect example.
>>
>>19368623
The god who could convince you is greater than the god who could not.
>>
>>19368598
I agree with you to a great extent.

Yet I think humanity should begin to take responsibility for itself.

Religion is all about control as we see it now, in a world that came after we failed to truly follow what those religions preached.

Religion in itself is not evil. Subscribing to only one and never learning he universal truth is evil... it is insidious to our world's progress.

Also the modern age is DOMINATED by the largest religion ever, pervading all facets of modern (or Western) society.

Look at how many people blindly trust science. Look at how anyone who questions is ostracized.
>>
>>19368678
In many ways, religion is a microcosm of our purpose here on Earth.

The universal truth was hidden, promoting love and unity and wisdom... yet hidden by pitfalls designed to trap people in materialism, emotion, or ignorance.

Sounds a lot like our world, to me.
>>
>>19367671
>what lies beyond religion.
This:
>>19367520
>>19367530
>>19367546
>>19367556
>>19367565
>>19367578
>>19367690
>>
>>19368681
Sounds a lot like /x/. Can you tell it's beginning to change, now?

"But 4chan boards always change." Yep and I've been watching this one for a long while. People need to keep spreading the truth. It is time when we say it is.
>>
File: IMG_20170730_064146.png (773KB, 720x718px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170730_064146.png
773KB, 720x718px
>>19368702
Interesting. Nice links, sir.

I am glad you found our thread worthy.
>>
File: actual bullshit.jpg (106KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
actual bullshit.jpg
106KB, 852x480px
>>19367671
>>
what is beyond within
without you will never get past
>>
File: 1489447340096.png (219KB, 551x649px) Image search: [Google]
1489447340096.png
219KB, 551x649px
Is of bump
>>
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>19368662
Everything is always happening exactly as it should. It's simple really, the law of cause and effect. Who do you think put the laws of our universe in place?
>>
>>19367725
Fair point but those rules can't account for chaos as they usually state very openly.
>>
>>19367671
Uncanny. That picture looks exactly like your mom's anus.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.